• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
-Rumors of Lloyd Irving and Yuri Lowell duking it out for a spot
-Rumors of no character made before 2014 being in
-Rumors of Sephiroth/Erdrick/Crono
-No Duon, but it's only a matter of time, don't worry

The usual.
You mean rumors of only characters made before 2014 being in

DeadmanV2

Smash Rookie
I honestly have trouble believing the 2014 thing. How would this source know who was considered and who wasn't? Unless they have a connection to whoever from Nintendo made these decisions, they shouldn't have that information.

D

Deleted member

The usual.
Haven’t heard of the third one. What’s made them likely all of a sudden?

D

Deleted member

Why is it so hard for some people to understand that other people just want to be able to play as characters who are like them?

You stole this from Netflix's Death Note
you don't understand, if someone wants a character who's not a white dude they only want them because of F O R C E D D I V E R S I T Y, there can be no other reason /s

Sestetz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sestetz
Switch FC
SW-8244-4802-5322
I think the DLC will be newer content

Last edited:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
You know what game came out in 2014?

You know what character doesn't have a spirit in Smash?

IMG_3435.PNG

This is totally happening, pack it in boys. :p

Pakky

Smash Hero
Why is it so hard for some people to understand that other people just want to be able to play as characters who are like them?

You stole this from Netflix's Death Note
*forgets that was a thing* Excuse me I'm not sure that exists.

osby

Smash Obsessed
you don't understand, if someone wants a character who's not a white dude they only want them because of F O R C E D D I V E R S I T Y, there can be no other reason /s
Not true, you can support evil reptiles all you want.

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee
I haven't played it. Are the DLC characters really that substantial that they would consider adding them and not the games main character?
It'd be a weird pick, but I could see it.
Torna in general fleshes alot of characters, that basically were unexplored or considerd clichés by most people. Its basically what Fate Zero is for the Fate Stay Night Series

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
I just watched a video of DK's Classic Mode.

The boss of the route is Master & Crazy Hand, which would be nothing special, except it takes place on the Omega form of New Donk City. The backdrop for the Master Hand/Master & Crazy Hand fight doesn't have to be Final Destination. This is mind-blowing.

Sestetz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sestetz
Switch FC
SW-8244-4802-5322
So are Sephiroth, Crono and Erdrick the only viable SE picks now? What?
I don't think people even consider Sephiroth, even though he's arguably one of the biggest villains in gaming.
Everyone would be so hyped if we got 2 new Final Fantasy tracks, an entire 4!

D

Deleted member

I think the DLC will be newer content
well that really all depends on when the DLC character list was given to Sakurai

The Rex DLC costume seems to hint that it was before 2018 since Rex would 100% be in if it was after that (being both a Sakurai pet favorite and a new franchise that Nintendo can promote) so it was probably given around the project plan, so 2015 characters seem to be likely. Of course this could all be wrong, but it's probably what's most likely so far.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Her mimeosome is basically how she would want to see herself as a human, though :p
Maybe. I mean, as far as I've gone, I don't know why she chose that look or if the game even tells you why she chose that look. I mean, for all I know, she didn't choose that look, it could've been someone else who did.

Not that there is anything wrong with the look. She's still pretty.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...

The boss of the route is Master & Crazy Hand, which would be nothing special, except it takes place on the Omega form of New Donk City. The backdrop for the Master Hand/Master & Crazy Hand fight doesn't have to be Final Destination. This is mind-blowing.
3:29 Sad Donkey Kong meme face when?

Flyboy

Smash Hero
For what it's worth, having a varied selection of characters to pick from, including genders and races, is good actually.

You mean rumors of only characters made before 2014 being in
Yeah, my mistake. That's what I meant.

Zeox

Smash Champion

They are actually the hands of a giant Mario and all of that fight is a reference to Donkey Kong

Sestetz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sestetz
Switch FC
SW-8244-4802-5322
well that really all depends on when the DLC character list was given to Sakurai

The Rex DLC costume seems to hint that it was before 2018 since Rex would 100% be in if it was after that (being both a Sakurai pet favorite and a new franchise that Nintendo can promote) so it was probably given around the project plan, so 2015 characters seem to be likely. Of course this could all be wrong, but it's probably what's most likely so far.
Given that the DLC characters in smash 4 had a mix of new and old. IE characters like Cloud and a little Ryu. And then others like Corrin and Bayonetta with recent releases.

D

Deleted member

The usual.
Shouldnt this be immediately proven fake by their own words?
-Rumors of Sephiroth (1997), Erdrick (1988), Crono (1995)

Haven’t heard of the third one. What’s made them likely all of a sudden?
Sephiroth - Most well-known jRPG antagonist amongst even casual gamers
Erdrick - Most well-known DQ protagonist & DQ is massively popular in Japan. DQ XI was released fairly recently and will be hitting Switch soon, too (along with 'Erdrick' being a Title, so you could have him and Luminary in as an alt)
Crono - Protagonist from the game considered one of the best (usually among the top 3) RPGs of all time and drawn by Akira Toriyama (same as Erdrick)

Last edited by a moderator:

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
For what it's worth, having a varied selection of characters to pick from, including genders and races, is good actually.
I agree, but then again, Nintendo would probably go for characters that their home audience can relate to

Sestetz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sestetz
Switch FC
SW-8244-4802-5322
Does anyone have a list of all the games that are coming out the same day as Smash Brothers Ultimate?

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
They made a typo. They meant to say "Rumors of only characters made before 2014 being in"

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
He got it wrong. Take the reverse. No Characters past 2014 should happens if the Rumor is true

Pakky

Smash Hero
My heart longs for Eggman though it shall never be. :(

Thinking about :ultpiranha: and I think this sort thing only works with Mario goons.

Like think of say a koopa, now think about every other variant of a Koopa in Mario other than :ultbowser::ultbowserjr:.

That's a fat movset.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Given that the DLC characters in smash 4 had a mix of new and old. IE characters like Cloud and a little Ryu. And then others like Corrin and Bayonetta with recent releases.
You're doing it wrong. You should say Smash is ruined for older fans because of the last two and Nintendo only cares about promotion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom