• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Oh...Ohhhh.

I know it is, but come on. One more Playstation character won't hurt.
Well, I'D certainly hurt if a character who has no Nintendo relevance or history whatsoever and don't pull PXZ out ya ass got in over Phoenix Wright, a Nintendo mainstay forever and always, since the Gameboy

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
I have a theory on the order the DLC fighters will be revealed in

Not gonna try to predict dates, but here me out on this.

Mathematically, if Nintendo wants to sell the fighter pass rather than people buy the stuff individually, they would need to convince people with the first 2 characters. Why? Simple, because if there are 2 characters you are interested in getting, it makes more sense to buy the fighter pass than to buy the characters individually at that point because buying them all individually is $30 dollars, while the fighter pass costs $25

With that being said, I think the reveal order will be as follows:

Popular Fan Request
Popular Fan Request
Popular Fan Request and Promotes an Upcoming Nintendo Game
Promotes an Upcoming Nintendo Game

I'm not confident on who these will be, so I'm not gonna guess, and I'm definitely not gonna guess on which characters Nintendo would put in to promote upcoming games, since it's pretty clear that if Sakurai knew about Luigi's Mansion 3 before the initial reveal, it's safe to assume he would know about other future projects and would know who to promote because of this.

So yeah, what do you guys think?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Dude...I like Dante, just...putting this dude in Smash over numerous other Capcom reps?
I would go as far as to say Wright /deserves/ it more than him and I don't use that word lightly for Smash these days.
Yes.
Absolutely.
Dante is the grandfather of an entire genre and in my opinion, still the best at executing that brand genre.
He's inherently combat focused, with an emphasis on stylish moves, with tons of iconic moves that could easily translate into Smash.

He /deserves/ getting into Smash just as much as Phoenix Wright. Frankly the only reason I think he's just not making it in is because Bayonetta already represents that genre, even if she's inspired by it.

D

Deleted member

Can I just talk about how much I love the Ultimate opening? 100% the best one Smash has ever had.
God I ****in love ya Shi
Love you too, can you come be my President? I hate the new one, everyone does. I wish we could have at least kept Dracula.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Yes.
Absolutely.
Dante is the grandfather of an entire genre and in my opinion, still the best at executing that brand genre.
He's inherently combat focused, with an emphasis on stylish moves, with tons of iconic moves that could easily translate into Smash.

He /deserves/ getting into Smash just as much as Phoenix Wright. Frankly the only reason I think he's just not making it in is because Bayonetta already represents that genre, even if she's inspired by it.
I still enjoy my Smash third parties with some Nintendo relevance.

But again, I like Dante, he's got great moveset potential, but Wright holds so much more for NINTENDO, and it's a game of Nintendo all-stars, so. That's just me.

Can I just talk about how much I love the Ultimate opening? 100% the best one Smash has ever had.

Love you too, can you come be my President? I hate the new one, everyone does. I wish we could have at least kept Dracula.
I'm on tha way

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Last edited:

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
I'm calling it now.

Sparkster. He's back.

I don't wanna hear your reasons for why he's not in. He's in. Lalala I can't hear you SHUT UP

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Jokes will be funny and be had if VGAS come, Square rep is revealed and it's Geno, BUT it's also Sora.

And then all the stuff we've heard about them being the least likely will be the most funny joke ever told.

D

Deleted member

Well, I'D certainly hurt if a character who has no Nintendo relevance or history whatsoever and don't pull PXZ out ya *** got in over Phoenix Wright, a Nintendo mainstay forever and always, since the Gameboy
And I'd be a bit disappointed if one of the most charismatic, demon slaying, badasses in gaming history got turned down for a freaking lawyer, so I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

Last edited by a moderator:

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
You know I'm taking what is being said in regards to the insiders as a grain of salt like I did during the Grinch Leak. However, I cannot help by slightly enjoy the Chaos brought forth here when something like that comes out. It's like a train wreak that I can't turn away from lol
People not taking insiders seriously is honestly part of why that bit of time was so chaotic. All the insiders pretty much were saying the same thing and people just threw their words to the side and demanded more from them. lol

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
When all is said and done Phoenix Wright is a very small fish in a pond full of sharks. Dante, Mega Man, Ryu, Monster Hunter, and Leon Kennedy would all be considered sharks by how iconic and groundbreaking their games are.

Ace Attorney is good. Is real good but I don't think it comes anywhere close to the caliber of some of their other franchises. If we're talking on who the next possible Capcom rep is it's probably either Leon or Dante. Especially considering they both have upcoming games that are HUGE.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
And I'd be a bit disappointed if one of the most charismatic, demon slaying, badasses got turned down for a freaking lawyer, so I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.
WHOA WHOA WHOA YOU CAN PROP UP DANTE ALL YOU WANT BUT HOW DARE YOU DISRESPECT WRIGHT LIKE THAT

MAN ELIMINATES CORRUPTION IN THE JUSTICE SYSTEM BY HIS DAMN SELF EVEN IF HE'S DISBARRED, NO MATTER WHAT PHOENIX WRIGHT WILL FIGHT FOR WHAT IS RIGHT

I'D BE DISAPPOINTED IF ONE OF THE FUNNIEST, DETERMINED, RIGHTEOUS ATTORNEYS OF THEM ALL GOT TURNED DOWN FOR A DUDE WITH 0 NINTENDO RELEVANCE

THIS IS WAR

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
And I'd be a bit disappointed if one of the most charismatic, demon slaying, badasses in gaming history got turned down for a freaking lawyer, so I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.
Phoenix Wright just being an ordinary guy, instead of being another superpowered demon slayer, would be like 90% of the fun of having him in Smash, though. I like Dante too, but it would feel kinda lame for me if he got in ahead of Phoenix.

D

Deleted member

WHOA WHOA WHOA YOU CAN PROP UP DANTE ALL YOU WANT BUT HOW DARE YOU DISRESPECT WRIGHT LIKE THAT

MAN ELIMINATES CORRUPTION IN THE JUSTICE SYSTEM BY HIS DAMN SELF EVEN IF HE'S DISBARRED, NO MATTER WHAT PHOENIX WRIGHT WILL FIGHT FOR WHAT IS RIGHT

I'D BE DISAPPOINTED IF ONE OF THE FUNNIEST, DETERMINED, RIGHTEOUS ATTORNEYS OF THEM ALL GOT TURNED DOWN FOR A DUDE WITH 0 NINTENDO RELEVANCE

THIS IS WAR
Man, Phoniex Wright ain't got **** on Dante! You seriously mean to tell me a goddamn lawyer is better than a guy who can do this:
And this?:
Nah son.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Jokes will be funny and be had if VGAS come, Square rep is revealed and it's Geno, BUT it's also Sora.

And then all the stuff we've heard about them being the least likely will be the most funny joke ever told.
Yo, you're stealing my PM joke now- new it wasn't She-Hulk but Genderbended Grinch! :bobomb:

Next time I'll copyright it!

D

Deleted member

Tbh, I really wish 3rd Parties were more Nintendo focused, but I mean within their own franchises. Cloud still rubs me the wrong way because if you were a FF fan following it through Nintendo console, Cloud is pretty much a middle finger for keeping your brand loyalty.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
I have a theory on the order the DLC fighters will be revealed in

Not gonna try to predict dates, but here me out on this.

Mathematically, if Nintendo wants to sell the fighter pass rather than people buy the stuff individually, they would need to convince people with the first 2 characters. Why? Simple, because if there are 2 characters you are interested in getting, it makes more sense to buy the fighter pass than to buy the characters individually at that point because buying them all individually is $30 dollars, while the fighter pass costs $25

With that being said, I think the reveal order will be as follows:

Popular Fan Request
Popular Fan Request
Popular Fan Request and Promotes an Upcoming Nintendo Game

I'm not confident on who these will be, so I'm not gonna guess, and I'm definitely not gonna guess on which characters Nintendo would put in to promote upcoming games, since it's pretty clear that if Sakurai knew about Luigi's Mansion 3 before the initial reveal, it's safe to assume he would know about other future projects and would know who to promote because of this.

So yeah, what do you guys think?
It does make sense for them, from a marketing perspective, to reveal them in the order you provided.

However, there's one major thing you have to consider... it's Nintendo.

Time and time again, they've done the things that make the least amount of sense logically.

On multiple occasions, they've ignored the obvious/smart route to do things... well the Nintendo way.

So while it's possible this could be the way they go, it's hard to tell, simply because... it's Nintendo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom