• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Quit reminding me that, out of all the guys in Smash, the only one with a shirtless alt is Shulk. :<
Like honestly they understood zero suit was hot so they took more of her clothes off in her alts but with all the hot dudes they gotta have every article of clothing known to man on

Iridium

Smash Hero
That looks dumb I love it

Bunny Lucina is best Lucina

best gril is cute doggo assistant who dreams druing her job, but promisses shes dreaming about working more
Wait until you see the Tingle attire.

You don't want to mess with this.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
How so, you two?
Erdrick? I sleep, sorry. Nothing about him interests me at all.
Steve? I still love him actually he'd be the best part for me.
Dante? Real disrespect to Phoenix Wright to get Dante who has no Nintendo relevance over him, no real need for him to even be in.
Lloyd? He's okay. That's really it.
Doomguy? Hype but I'd rather have Dragonborn.

lightdrago

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW 2938 1058 0987
Like honestly they understood zero suit was hot so they took more of her clothes off in her alts but with all the hot dudes they gotta have every article of clothing known to man on
With the likes of Ryu, Snake, Radiant Dawn Ike, Chrom, and Richter, it so wasted that Shulk is the shirtless one.

Everyone else gets to ogle ZSS in the swimsuit. Give me any of the above Sakurai! :crying:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I just finished writing my comprehensive analysis of the Ultimate roster. It ended up being 21,000 words. I hope to have it published before Ultimate is released this Friday (maybe on Wednesday). I already posted a few excerpts from it.

D

Deleted member

Wait really? Are all the words to refer to people who crossdress derogatory or do they just not exist?
What's the Portuguese word?
Most terms are actually borrowed from English("cross-dressing" is even used for the Wikipedia article). So most actual Portguese terms are either derogatory("travesti" is one of the most common one, though there are some uncommon ones or much worse ones that I don't feel the need to mention, which are also used against transexual people too) or not actually referring to crossdressers as in just "people who wear clothing usually associated with the opposite gender" but rather, for example, as crossdressing as performance or passing off as the opposite gender for disgusing.

Terms such as Drag Queen/King are more widely used but are still not what people like me actually are and crossdresser isn't used like that and it really difficults an easy understanding of the subject when the """""best""""" word for it, "travesti" has such negative connotations attached to it.
Trap used to be about anime boys/girls that look like the opossite sex,Note, ANIME, then *** hats started using it as a slur irl and ruined the word so now no one is allowed to say it. So now I guess they are just crossdressers or as the Japanese call them, Otokonoko
This is untrue and I ask you to watch this video, or at least the very first few minutes
The term trap started as a 4chan slur and it quickly started to be used to refer to actual, real trans people.
And Otokonoko is inherently a fetish term so I'd also ask you to not call people that.
Pedantic offers a better term at the end of the video but, really, crossdresser is just easier and makes more sense for English speakers.

D

Deleted member

Erdrick? I sleep, sorry. Nothing about him interests me at all.
Steve? I still love him actually he'd be the best part for me.
Dante? Real disrespect to Phoenix Wright to get Dante who has no Nintendo relevance over him, no real need for him to even be in.
Lloyd? He's okay. That's really it.
Doomguy? Hype but I'd rather have Dragonborn.
I still don't understand why Dante gets so much shade from people here, but whatever.
It is ok you also have Donkey Kong
Yeah, but I doubt she's into apes.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I just finished writing my comprehensive analysis of the Ultimate roster. It ended up being 21,000 words. I hope to have it published before Ultimate is released this Friday (maybe on Wednesday). I already posted a few excerpts from it.
I'm sorry what?

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Why did Sakurai choose only Shulk to be shirtless anyway?
Shulk’s shirtless alt is canonical, for one. I know he’s not the only one with a canonical shirtless alt, but that probably helps him a lot in that regard.

Same goes for Samus.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Most terms are actually borrowed from English("cross-dressing" is even used for the Wikipedia article). So most actual Portguese terms are either derogatory("travesti" is one of the most common one, though there are some uncommon ones or much worse ones that I don't feel the need to mention, which are also used against transexual people too) or not actually referring to crossdressers as in just "people who wear clothing usually associated with the opposite gender" but rather, for example, as crossdressing as performance or passing off as the opposite gender for disgusing.

Terms such as Drag Queen/King are more widely used but are still not what people like me actually are and crossdresser isn't used like that and it really difficults an easy understanding of the subject when the """""best""""" word for it, "travesti" has such negative connotations attached to it.

This is untrue and I ask you to watch this video, or at least the very first few minutes
The term trap started as a 4chan slur and it quickly started to be used to refer to actual, real trans people.
And Otokonoko is inherently a fetish term so I'd also ask you to not call people that.
Pedantic offers a better term at the end of the video but, really, crossdresser is just easier and makes more sense for English speakers.
God I ****in love ya Shi

I still don't understand why Dante gets so much shade from people here, but whatever.

Yeah, but I doubt she's into apes.
Dude...I like Dante, just...putting this dude in Smash over numerous other Capcom reps?
I would go as far as to say Wright /deserves/ it more than him and I don't use that word lightly for Smash these days.

D

Deleted member

God I ****in love ya Shi

Dude...I like Dante, just...putting this dude in Smash over numerous other Capcom reps?
I would go as far as to say Wright /deserves/ it more than him and I don't use that word lightly for Smash these days.
That's fine. I just think Dante would be so much better than Phoniex Wright.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Why did Sakurai choose only Shulk to be shirtless anyway?
It's basically a Meta gag from the original Xenoblade where certain swimsuit builds were basically used as high evasion builds as a method of avoiding damage for some characters including Shulk.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
You know it really sucks when you want to do realistic speculation but the only character you want is unrealistic

Joker would be so cool (pun intended). Especially if he uses demons in his move set like Jack Frost. So much potential

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Shulk’s shirtless alt is canonical, for one. I know he’s not the only one with a canonical shirtless alt, but that probably helps him a lot in that regard.

Same goes for Samus.
It's basically a Meta gag from the original Xenoblade where certain swimsuit builds were basically used as high evasion builds as a method of avoiding damage for some characters including Shulk.
Oh. ****. Well the more I know

D

Deleted member

Anyways, since my post is going way off-topic, I'm gonna use it as a lead in to say that I really appreciate Nintendo has allowed more and more non-gendered clothing in their games, I just wish that reflected better in Smash.
Animal Crossing has always had non-gendered clothing and Miitomo had it too and that was legit the only reason I even bothered to play it.
Mario got the wedding dress outfit in Odyssey.
Link had the Zelda Dress and Chealeader Outfit in TriForce Heroes(and unlike BotW, it's not some plot point or anything)

So my question is: why aren't any of these in Smash? Where's my Zelda Dress Toon Link? Where is he, Sakurai!? I know you saw him too! You want me to main Toon Link? Then. Give. Him. That. Costume.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
You know I'm taking what is being said in regards to the insiders as a grain of salt like I did during the Grinch Leak. However, I cannot help by slightly enjoy the Chaos brought forth here when something like that comes out. It's like a train wreak that I can't turn away from lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom