• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Ok. I am just going to leave this third party discussion here: boards.4channel.org/v/thread/441371178

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I'm rather doubtful we'll even get more characters after this. 82 seems like a pretty good rounded number.
Nah, we need six more to bring us to a nice, perfect 88.

For real though, if Smash does get an 88th character, I’m gonna have to play them.

wed0

Smash Rookie
I really hope all this info from Verg's SE list leak is just a 2000 iq play from Nintendo/SE so they can turn around and announce Sora.
I'd be really disappointed if this all leads to a DQ rep reveal. ;_;

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Never said it was. Just that it's been brought up. We've been saying it on loop, nothing's 100% and things are based on what we currently know.
Yet saying things is causing people to twist and misunderstand. Believe me, I "know" a lot more than you do, but nothing is a given or safe to say, so I suggest you rescind your statement.

Twin Shot

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, it's basically Yuri vs Lloyd peeps.

Hope they go with Lloyd. Yuri is too anime ''Are you a guy or a girl" for me.
Not going to lie, I have no idea who Yuri is so I googled it. Took a look at a few pictures and thought it was a female...

I am aware of who Lloyd is, but I have no investment in the franchise. A Tales of character inclusion could get me to check it out! (like Bayonetta for me)

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Letter with Y? Did something new come out that I've missed?
Apparently fatmanonice is in the same circle as Polar who leaked the Verg DM of the 7 Square characters he’s heard. Fatman said some things about a “shill” character with his two hints being “Y,” and that the character was created before 2014.

People kinda concluded it to be Yuri Lowell from Tales since he has a remaster next year and that’d tie into the “shill” thing.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Just to get people up to speed, the information that's out there suggests that Lloyd and Yuri from the Tales series are the only Namco characters that have been heard by insiders this cycle. Again, like the proposed SE reps, heard, not seen, smelled, touched, or tasted. Heard, as in hearsay. There's no Yuri (on Ice) or Lloyd (in Space) pics or videos that have been shared.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Apparently fatmanonice is in the same circle as Polar who leaked the Verg DM of the 7 Square characters he’s heard. Fatman said some things about a “shill” character with his two hints being “Y,” and that the character was created before 2014.

People kinda concluded it to be Yuri Lowell from Tales since he has a remaster next year and that’d tie into the “shill” thing.
A shill character? What do they mean by shill? And I'm assuming this character is not supposed to be a Square Enix character?

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
Just to get people up to speed, the information that's out there suggests that Lloyd and Yuri from the Tales series are the only Namco characters that have been heard by insiders this cycle. Again, like the proposed SE reps, heard, not seen, smelled, touched, or tasted. Heard, as in hearsay. There's no Yuri (on Ice) or Lloyd (in Space) pics or videos that have been shared.
So no new first party reps it seems?

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Aww we're not gonna get a Yuri on Ice character who ice skates his way across stage? lol jk. I would prefer Velvet as the Tales of character, but Lloyd or Yuri make more sense

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Man, looks like I picked a good day to turn on Smashboards.

Looks like things have been pretty eventful.

Electrick_EEL

Smash Cadet
One of the characters people are assuming is going to be one of the DLC 5 that I highly doubt is Edelgard from Three Houses.

Literally the only reason why people are guessing at her is because in the e3 trailer, she was wielding an axe instead of a sword. Also Cristina Vee's tweet about finishing up a game i don't think is really smash-related; it could just mean she finished up with Three Houses in general. Plus Edelgard is not the main character of that game so it would be kinda weird to put in someone who isn't the main character for an upcoming release (then again, Sylux & Porky are in speculation)

Speaking of Three Houses, I don't think we are going to have the actual main character (Blyeth) as a DLC. From what I've seen so far, Blyeth looks waaay too similar to Marth and the only weapon he uses is a standard sword so there is not too much potential for making him unique. At least for Corrin he/she had a chainsaw sword & the ability morph his/her body into a weird horse dragon thing. Also, Fates came out in Japan 6 months before Corrin's reveal trailer so there was at least a decent understanding in Japan and a few oversears on who Corrin was (Then again, Roy's game came out a few months after Melee

So what what I am trying to say is I highly doubt we will get a character from Three Houses simply because everybody everywhere barely knows who any of those characters are & so far, they don't look like they have too much potential for being unique.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
So no new first party reps it seems?
I've been predicting this.

There aren't that much notable 1st party characters left to add. Pretty much every all star is in the game now. The only notable ones below All-Stars not in are Dixie, Elma, and Bandana Dee.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Yet saying things is causing people to twist and misunderstand. Believe me, I "know" a lot more than you do, but nothing is a given or safe to say, so I suggest you rescind your statement.
There's nothing to rescind as it's hearsay and I was approved to say it. Plus, people will misunderstand anyways. Polar literally came into the thread to mention what I was talking about and people still made BINGO cards of L characters (no offense to them).

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
One of the characters people are assuming is going to be one of the DLC 5 that I highly doubt is Edelgard from Three Houses.

Literally the only reason why people are guessing at her is because in the e3 trailer, she was wielding an axe instead of a sword. Also Cristina Vee's tweet about finishing up a game i don't think is really smash-related; it could just mean she finished up with Three Houses in general. Plus Edelgard is not the main character of that game so it would be kinda weird to put in someone who isn't the main character for an upcoming release (then again, Sylux & Porky are in speculation)

Speaking of Three Houses, I don't think we are going to have the actual main character (Blyeth) as a DLC. From what I've seen so far, Blyeth looks waaay too similar to Marth and the only weapon he uses is a standard sword so there is not too much potential for making him unique. At least for Corrin he/she had a chainsaw sword & the ability morph his/her body into a weird horse dragon thing. Also, Fates came out in Japan 6 months before Corrin's reveal trailer so there was at least a decent understanding in Japan and a few oversears on who Corrin was (Then again, Roy's game came out a few months after Melee

So what what I am trying to say is I highly doubt we will get a character from Three Houses simply because everybody everywhere barely knows who any of those characters are & so far, they don't look like they have too much potential for being unique.
Who cares if Edelgard isn’t the main character? Smash 4 added Robin and Lucina and neither of them are the main character.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427

We could get a Three Houses character as the last dlc character, months after the game comes out though. By then everyone would know who the characters are. Also, it's hard to say what characters have potential this early on

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
So that one dude from Nintendo said we're gonna react to the DLC characters like we did to piranha plant

We gotta start thinking outside of the box. Like idk maybe Goku

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
I've been predicting this.

There aren't that much notable 1st party characters left to add. Pretty much every all star is in the game now. The only notable ones below All-Stars not in are Dixie, Elma, and Bandana Dee.
I don't know if Elma would be considered an All-Star. Dixie, probably. Bandana Dee, maybe? But Elma? Probably not

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
So that one dude from Nintendo said we're gonna react to the DLC characters like we did to piranha plant

So I’m gonna go from angry to apethetic for 5 more characters?

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112

Companion Cube
Barbatos(Tales of destiny 2)
Edward the Spoony Bard(Final Fantasy IV)
Segata Sanshiro
Cheetahmen

ReeseBalaski

Smash Journeyman
Also, can I rant real quick? It's unrelated to the topic at hand, but I find it really annoying how there are already calls for bans and nerfs for things when we're at -5 days into Ultimate. Not only does it just not make sense considering most people don't even have the game, but also just that from my knowledge, things like that aren't even relatively solidified until like, 2-3 months into the meta. Also, there's gonna be a day 1 patch, that could change a lot of things for all we know.

Idk, it's just bothersome.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427

Hmm... Generic Nintendo enemy that's been in many Nintendo games... Octoroks!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom