• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Its asiatic.
Its a trend for anything asiatic to have divided groups that can get ballistic.
Anime and manga, check
Boy bands, check that out
Idols, ****ing check
True. But the JRPG genre seems to be home to some of the dumbest fanbases ever. Final Fantasy, Pokemon, Fire Emblem, Persona, Shin Megami Tensei, some of the Tales fandom. They seem way too angry for their own good.
Smash is a huge fandom. Shin Megami Tensei fans are way too angry for such a small fanbase.
True. Both Persona and Shin Megami Tensei have communites that act like spoiled children.

beans

Smash Lord
True. But the JRPG genre seems to be home to some of the dumbest fanbases ever. Final Fantasy, Pokemon, Fire Emblem, Persona, Shin Megami Tensei, some of the Tales fandom. They seem way too angry for their own good.

True. Both Persona and Shin Megami Tensei have communites that act like spoiled children.
For me the korean boy bands comunities are some high tier of bull****
But Final Fantasy 7 house is a thing so fair enough.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Are people saying mean things about my mom Camilla?
Yeah, but you don't have to listen to them because

while they have different opinions and they are just as valid, this doesn't have to effect your feelings towards the character.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I'd say unlike Peri, I genuinely liked Camilla, but I feel like you don't like hearing her name.
I'm mostly just exaggerating for show.

Mostly.

D

Deleted member

I thought leaving wrestling forums meant that I could get away from people who think playing a gimmick is a good, not horribly irritating idea, but I love being disappointed constantly

Okay the fun thing about this cycle is that no matter who gets picked for DLC I feel like at least someone in this thread has called it before. It's gonna be a weird, weird time.
If you are saying that you hate stages with gimmicks, then i proudly disagree with you.

Smash Bros is a game that tries to mix platformers with fighting games, so the diversity of stages is what makes it work.
The competitive scene can try as much as they want to brainwash us into only playing Battlefield, Smashville and Final Destination... But i won’t.

If Sakurai designed every stage with a main gimmick in mind to diverse the gameplay, then i will play every stage the way he wished to see us doing so.

While it is true that being a good player is important, we should also learn to adapt ourselves to the way each stage plays, and not just throw anyone that doesn’t work the way we want them to do so.

One Battlefield is fine... Playing just Battlefield is not.

osby

Smash Obsessed
tbh idk anything about fe but camilla looks pretty great

shes 100% a mommy

ok maybe thats a little too degenerate ill stop
She's great. Half of the time she pinches your cheeks and in the other half she suggests slaughtering your enemies.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Sharena from Heroes, and all her attacks involve screaming the titles of various games.
Okay, I know I already quoted this post once but I stopped reading at "Peri" and missed this ****ing gem.

A+ comedy.

D

Deleted member

Crappiest JRPG Fanbases Tier List:
Godawful: Final Fantasy, Pokemon.
Pretty Damn Bad: Fire Emblem, Persona, Shin Megami Tensei
Tryhards: Dark Souls
Somewhat Civil: Tales
Relatively Chill: Kingdom Hearts, Xenoblade Chronicles

RandomAce

Smash Champion
(and don't think you're funny and tell me "but they already made it" and give me that clip from #FE Tokyo Mirage Sessions. You're not funny, and I don't want it.).
But there actually is one.

4AFB0371-40E8-4968-AFE2-E9D5C446DBDE.jpeg

I’m sorry man, but I still had to make this joke. When there is only... one musical... from that game.
:troll:
Now I’m going to lie down and cry.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

A good Smash player is able to fight and win matches on every stage present in the game, and not just the ones listed by the competitive scene.

That’s all i will say.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Crappiest JRPG Fanbases Tier List:
Godawful: Final Fantasy, Pokemon.
Pretty Damn Bad: Fire Emblem, Persona, Shin Megami Tensei
Tryhards: Dark Souls
Somewhat Civil: Tales
Relatively Chill: Kingdom Hearts, Xenoblade Chronicles
Kingdom Hearts fans are only chill nowadays. I've heard horror stories about that fanbase in 2000s.

monadoboy

Smash Lord
http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sqiq29

But regardless, it's stated in game ALttP. It's stated by Sakurai it's ALttP. She has no ALBW alts but stuff inspired by ALttP alts.

She may have a few designs from ALBW, but it's intended to be ALttP Zelda and you can tell by proportions and her face ears and eyes. It's enough difference to separate the two.
Yet she's voiced by the same actress as in ALBW, and her personality is closer to ALBW, too

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
A good Smash player is able to fight and win matches on every stage present in the game, and not just the ones listed by the competitive scene.

That’s all i will say.
Unless it's Pac-Land, in which case no-one wins.

Grunky Peep

Smash Journeyman
If you are saying that you hate stages with gimmicks, then i proudly disagree with you.

Smash Bros is a game that tries to mix platformers with fighting games, so the diversity of stages is what makes it work.
The competitive scene can try as much as they want to brainwash us into only playing Battlefield, Smashville and Final Destination... But i won’t.

If Sakurai designed every stage with a main gimmick in mind to diverse the gameplay, then i will play every stage the way he wished to see us doing so.

While it is true that being a good player is important, we should also learn to adapt ourselves to the way each stage plays, and not just throw anyone that doesn’t work the way we want them to do so.

If you don't like the way the competitive community does things, then don't play Smash competitively.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

That’s all i will say.
And in the highest level of competition where the gaps between the best players are minute, stage hazards and walk-offs that favor certain characters way above others have no place in the discussion.

Competitive stage lists are meant to keep things fair no matter who's playing whom.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Not instrested in them tbh. This is the Target in Alcoa, if anyone is interested.
What is it? The post is gone.

EDIT: I see it now. Neat.

Best Buy ran out of Wolf preorders before I had a chance to nab one. I miss my 20% off...

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero

I meant people.

I love all stages dearly.

Yes, even Hanenbow.

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord

That’s all i will say.
I mean, I get why the competitive scene is so banal. When there's glory/prizes on the line, having randomness in the equation isn't going to make losers happy.

Ask me what's fun though? All stages and items every time. This whole trying to force a fun party fighter into a serious fighting community has always struck me as a little off-putting. Besides, being able to adapt to changing circumstances is the mark of a good Smash player, and the chaos that can erupt on some of these stages is super entertaining.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom