• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
SHOUT OUT TO ALL THE COLLEGE NO LIVES STAYING UP PAST MIDNIGHT ON THURSDAY TO PLAY SMASH WHEN THEY HAVE AN 8 A.M FINAL ON FRIDAY
YEAHHHH! THIS TIME MOM CAN'T FORCE ME TO GO TO BED AFTER I WAITED FOR HOURS AT GAMESTOP'S MIDNIGHT RELEASE FOR SMASH 3DS. THANKS MOM...

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Despite Kazumi Totaka aging considerably since Yoshi's Story, his voice clips of Yoshi have only gotten more livelier and it gives Yoshi a lot more range. I mean, have you listened to what Yoshi sounds like when he loses in Super Mario Party? It's absolutely heartbreaking...

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I love these...and I demand one for the Best in the World :ultpiranha:

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
I think Bowser and Cloud need new voices the most. Can you imagine how weird it would be if Sephiroth were to somehow get in and he has his english voice while Cloud still speaks japanese? lol
I understand that they couldn't get Cloud's English VA for union reasons, but I still find it odd that they didn't just get someone else to do his English lines. I mean, they changed Palutena and Viridi's voices for the guidances, so it's not like they're going for consistency.

osby

Smash Obsessed
For the attacks Bowser Jr. uses a hammer, they use their wands. Neato.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I understand that they couldn't get Cloud's English VA for union reasons, but I still find it odd that they didn't just get someone else to do his English lines. I mean, they changed Palutena and Viridi's voices for the guidances, so it's not like they're going for consistency.
Probably because of contract issues.

D

Deleted member

I want this week and the next to go by fast so I can get to the 7th quicker.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Wow. Ridley weighs less than both Samus and Bowser Jr.
I can't stop laughing at that.
Man, him being lighter than Samus makes no sense.

It's also pretty bad for him, he's going to have a tough time staying alive when he has both a large hitbox and is light as a feather.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Wow. Ridley weighs less than both Samus and Bowser Jr.
I can't stop laughing at that.
Cool. Its nice to know the weights of the char…..
Wait a minute! We know Piranha Plant´s weight?! Is there more info on the char like air speed?

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Cool. Its nice to know the weights of the char…..
Wait a minute! We know Piranha Plant´s weight?! Is there more info on the char like air speed?
Apparently... 94 is actually a better weight than I though :ultpiranha: was going to get.
And I'm not sure on the other attributes yet.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
One blonde is important and the other is Cloud, while the middle fellow is a green haired goddess like Lyn

ReeseBalaski

Smash Journeyman
I think there's some contract mumbo jumbo that says that Steve Burton is the only one who gets to voice Cloud in any English dubbed media that he's in or something. I'm probably completely wrong, but I think that's it.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
So is everyone gonna bumrush ways to unlock characters or just let it happen naturally?

I think I’m gonna do the latter and not even touch WoL until all the characters are available so I can enjoy it at its own pace

Last edited:

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
For the attacks Bowser Jr. uses a hammer, they use their wands. Neato.
LOL I just complained about the lack of that back when the music updated the first week of September and now I hear that it’s in.

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
Personally I like both of Cloud's Japanese and English VA. It just feels weird with everyone getting a English VA and Cloud still has Japanese. Had they not added English VA's to Marth and Roy. I wouldn't have had a problem with Cloud not getting Steve Burton to voice him again. Hopefully in a patch they add later on, maybe we will get an English speaking Cloud.

Really hope Steve Burton gets a chance to voice Cloud in Smash sometime in the future.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom