• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaybreakHorizon

Simple and Clean
Premium
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Yeah. I'm still waiting to hear about DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon 's new source that's inspired confidence in him for Phoenix Wright.
You think I have sources? Surely you think too highly of me. Especially if you make 4 posts mentioning me (imagine my surprise when I return after a day of classes to find that lol).

I added Phoenix Wright to my predictions because the vocalist for Lifelight is the voice actress for Maya Fey in the series, and Sakurai has a picture with the series director. I think he's up there for the next Capcom rep alongside Monster Hunter and maybe Dante.

I know absolutely nothing right now except what's out in the open. Smash Bros. DLC leaks are uncharted territory to be completely honest. Nothing leaked during Sm4sh DLC speculation, and despite a changing landscape I doubt anything will leak now.
DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon if this ends up being merely another 4chan leak, then sorry buddy but we will have to settle it in Smash.

I know it's not your fault, but someone must be bair'd off stage for their sins.
Look, the only 4chan leak I made was this one:
Screen Shot 2018-11-28 at 10.55.21 PM.png

I'm sorry Zinith Zinith you wanted a "leak" with Boshi in it so I made one for you. It was made with the purest intents.
I will still dunk on you in Smash though. 1v1 me man.
I know. I am not asking and proding because I want to critizise. I find human interaction fascinating. I like knowing about the deeper meanings behind things. I must say that is one of the reasons I love your posts. I adore the insight you bring to things. I also adore DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon posts for the same reason. I also like @vaanrose even if he usually takes a more snarky approach when bringing up his points.

Dont worry about it. I get it. ;)
Thanks man. I'm glad I can contribute something to the community.

Last edited:

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
If my local EB Games isn't doing a 10PM release for Ultimate, I'll probably just cancel my pre-order and go through an Edmonton location since it's only about 30 minutes away and I know they're doing it.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Look, the only 4chan leak I made was this one:

I'm sorry Zinith Zinith Zinith Zinith you wanted a "leak" with Boshi in it so I made one for you. It was made with the purest intents.
I will still dunk on you in Smash though. 1v1 me man.
I remember you making that joke about that leak. I didn't think you'd ACTUALLY post it on 4chan lol :yoshi:

DaybreakHorizon

Simple and Clean
Premium
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
SHOUT OUT TO ALL THE COLLEGE NO LIVES STAYING UP PAST MIDNIGHT ON THURSDAY TO PLAY SMASH WHEN THEY HAVE AN 8 A.M FINAL ON FRIDAY
I get out of class late Wednesday, so I'll have all day Friday to play Smash.

I might sacrifice some of that time though to hang out with a friend of mine who's on campus until Saturday. She'd be all alone otherwise, and I'm not the kinda friend to just abandon someone, you know? I offered to bring Smash Bros, but she's not big on video games. ;_;

Oh well. Smash Ultimate will still be there when I get back.

Last edited:

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
So, since I'm bored, here's a JRPG fighting game roster I came up with:
Warrior of Light (Final Fantasy 1)
Bartz (Final Fantasy 5)
Terra (Final Fantasy 6)
Kefka (Final Fantasy 6)
Cloud (Final Fantasy 7)
Sephiroth (Final Fantasy 7)
Squall (Final Fantasy 8)
Zidane (Final Fantasy 9)
Tidus (Final Fantasy 10)
Noctis (Final Fantasy 15)
Erdrick (Dragon Quest 3)
Able (Dragon Quest 5)
Bianca (Dragon Quest 5)
Eight (Dragon Quest 8)
Luminary (Dragon Quest 11)
Chrono (Chrono Trigger)
2B (Nier Automata)
Marth (Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon)
Roy (Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade)
Hector (Fire Emblem: Blazing Blade)
Ike (Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance & Radiant Dawn)
Robin (Fire Emblem: Awakening)
Azura (Fire Emblem: Fates)
Shulk (Xenoblade Chronicles)
Elma (Xenoblade Chronicles X)
Rex & Pyra (Xenoblade Chronicles 2)
Lloyd Irving (Tales of Symphonia)
Luke von Faba- something (Tales of The Abyss)
Yuri Lowell (Tales of Vesperia)
Mila (Tales of Xillia)
Velvet (Tales of Berasia)
KOS MOS (Xenosaga)
Kazuma Kiryu (Yakuza)
Kazyua (Shin Megami Tensei 1)
Aleph (Shin Megami Tensei 2)
Demi-Fiend (Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne)
Marine (Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey)
Flynn (Shin Megami Tensei 4)
Minato (Persona 3)
Aegis (Persona 3)
Yu Narukami (Persona 4)
Ren Ayamaya (Persona 5)
The Dude From Valkyrie Chronicles (Valkyrie Chronicles)
Rein (The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel)
No Phantasy Star, Skies of Arcadia, or Shining Force?
bad roster

also Selvaria or litrally the Main Squad 7 squad from VC1 being ordered around in different attacks would be better than just Welken since he only controls a tank

Last edited:

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
I added Phoenix Wright to my predictions because the vocalist for Lifelight is the voice actress for Maya Fey in the series, and Sakurai has a picture with the series director. I think he's up there for the next Capcom rep alongside Monster Hunter and maybe Dante.
Huh....oh my god! You know what! At first, here we were just thinking it was all a coincidence, but you have a great point there Tey! It's brilliant, simply brilliant!

While the VAs for Phoenix and Maya over in Japan haven't been quite consistent, the ones over in the USA are most certainly! Abby Lee Trott could've been brought aboard as part of the DLC priming process, and assuming that Maya is in alongside Phoenix Wright.

You think I have sources? Surely you think too highly of me. Especially if you make 4 posts mentioning me (imagine my surprise when I return after a day of classes to find that lol).
Well, you certainly seem to be quite an intuitive genius worth your salt, concerning Phoenix's likeliness, I'll give you that!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

No Phantasy Star, Skies of Arcadia, or Shining Force?
bad roster

also Selvaria or litrally the Main Squad 7 squad from VC1 being ordered around in different attacks would be better than just Welken since he only controls a tank
I also don't know those series lol.

That was the idea. The main character calling in his/her allies for attacks.

DaybreakHorizon

Simple and Clean
Premium
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Huh....oh my god! You know what! At first, here we were just thinking it was all a coincidence, but you have a great point there Tey! It's brilliant, simply brilliant!

While the VAs for Phoenix and Maya over in Japan haven't been quite consistent, the ones over in the USA are most certainly! Abby Lee Trott could've been brought aboard as part of the DLC priming process, and assuming that Maya is in alongside Phoenix Wright.

Well, you certainly seem to be quite an intuitive genius worth your salt, concerning Phoenix's likeliness, I'll give you that!
I wouldn't get my hopes up too high tbh.

Though Capcom's recent push for the Phoenix Wright series certainly could bode well for his inclusion.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Question. Out of all the characters in the roster, which voice clips need be changed the most?
My bias says Cloud so he can get Steve Burton back. But we know the logistics of that one already. (And Takahiro Sakurai is an awesone seiyuu. So, still a win.)

I think Bowser is in need of the biggest change. Get Kenny James back in to voice him proper for Smash, dangit.

radiantswordsman

Smash Rookie
Like, I'm inclined to believe Rival Schools is Mother 3-equivalent to all the fighting games out there. So much potential, yet so badly thrown away before it got to flourish. My poor, nostalgic childhood... :cry:

If you were to ask what'd make this Smash truly become Ultimate in my eyes... just include Batsu Ichimonji.

Or Ringo Andou from Puyo Puyo. Either way.

yes batsu should be in

D

Deleted member

Question. Out of all the characters in the roster, which voice clips need be changed the most?
Bowser, no question. I can work with the kongs and K. Roll having realistic animal grunts, but not Bowser having generic movie monster grunts.

google chrom

Smash Apprentice
User was warned for this post; double posting)please edit your messages instead)
I get out of class late Wednesday, so I'll have all day Friday to play Smash.

I might sacrifice some of that time though to hang out with a friend of mine who's on campus until Saturday. She'd be all alone otherwise, and I'm not the kinda friend to just abandon someone, you know? I offered to bring Smash Bros, but she's not big on video games. ;_;

Oh well. Smash Ultimate will still be there when I get back.
Good for you dude and I'm going to make my room mate play with me whether he likes it or not he's inexperienced with smash bros
(not inexperienced with smashing bros tho)
i'm so friggen funny love me

And yet, I'm still jealous of that...
Hang in there bro you can still at least play on release right??

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
That Golden Axe fighting game that had art done by katsuya terada really makes wish sega would just do a crossover fighter themselves

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
I think Bowser and Cloud need new voices the most. Can you imagine how weird it would be if Sephiroth were to somehow get in and he has his english voice while Cloud still speaks japanese? lol

google chrom

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I guess...

But, anyway, being, as you put it, a "college no live", sounds fun...
ECU GANGGG, and it's okay I mean introverted parties are cool it's usually just ****ty food and smash with my group of buds.

If it makes you feel better, it would be nice to have my own bathroom because there's vomit cakes everywhere on the weekend.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
For the love of god ENOUGH WITH THE BRAWL VOICES, THEY'RE OUTDATED::ultmario::ultluigi::ultwario::ultpeach::ultpikachu::ultfalcon::ultzss:
Brawl voices I'm okay with but wouldn't mind a change::ulttoonlink::ultmetaknight::ultlucas:
Sm4sh voices I'm okay with but wouldn't mind a change::ultshulk::ultpalutena::ultness::ultrosalina::ultlittlemac::ultrobin::ultlucina:
Needs new clips::ultsonic::ulticeclimbers::ultkingdedede:
Not a single voice change since 64::ultyoshi::ultjigglypuff:
Need their actual voices like come on::ultdk::ultdiddy::ultbowser::ultkrool:
English voice please, I like know Square's contract is strict and Nintendo doesn't credit Unions but plz::ultcloud:

How about a voice at all lol::ultmegaman::ultpacman::ultvillager::ultisabelle::ultolimar:

I hope voice mods become thing as soon as the game releases, also take a shot for everytime I said "voice".

Last edited:

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
SHOUT OUT TO ALL THE COLLEGE NO LIVES STAYING UP PAST MIDNIGHT ON THURSDAY TO PLAY SMASH WHEN THEY HAVE AN 8 A.M FINAL ON FRIDAY
That was me during the 3DS launch minus the classes on Friday. I remember my only class for that day getting cancelled and hanging out in our dorm's laundry room all night as to not bug my sleeping roommate.

I have 6 months to use up 13 PDOs at my current job and this will be the second this coming week after the JLPT. Though I also need to find out if my Gamestop will have a midnight release...

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'd at least give Isabelle some Animalese voice clips. I understand why Villager is mute, but if Inkling's can speak woomy speak, I don't see why the AC speech wouldn't translate.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I think Bowser and Cloud need new voices the most. Can you imagine how weird it would be if Sephiroth were to somehow get in and he has his english voice while Cloud still speaks japanese? lol
Who says he can get his English voice?

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
I'd at least give Isabelle some Animalese voice clips. I understand why Villager is mute, but if Inkling's can speak woomy speak, I don't see why the AC speech wouldn't translate.
To be honest, after her trailer. I actually kinda was expecting Animalese lol, but I'm not sure how they would translate it to battle grunts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom