• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
According to the Twitter OP, targeted victory lines are bugged across the board.

Lucina did her "This is the Hero-King" line to Greninja.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I really really want the second FF rep to represent the MAGICAL side of Final Fantasy.

I want Terra, Yuna, Black Mage/Vivi, etc. Someone who summons things or creates magic.

SAKURAI WHY ARE YOU SO SCARED OF MAGIC USERS?

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
A.G.L. A.G.L. Luigi The President Luigi The President Good points, however i’m still unsure of what to make of the Minecraft content. Considering there’s a disparity between both people leaking it, i’m inclined to believe the sources themselves are confused or have muddled/inconsistent information, or it’s bull****.

Completely shifting gears, I found something mildly interesting when it comes to the online icons. I'm not going to try and say it means anything because in my humble opinion, I don't think anybody except a few people know what's actually happening as DLC, but I do think this is something to keep in mind in terms of disconfirmations of "notable absences".

I was lurking /v/ to see if there as anything Smash related (for the lols and for anything interesting) when I found a thread about the online icons. I innocently looked through them when I found this smol nugget:

Notice the Xenoblade series only has Pyra and Mythra, and no Rex. Fighters don't have icons that resemble them in anything other than their official render either.

While I, again, am not saying this hints at Rex being playable, I simply find it...odd. Like sure, they could always add an icon of Rex later when the Fighter Pass is available. But why wait for that? Is that supposed to be part of the incentive?

Anyway, I just think it's interesting. There is the absence of Elma as well, but there's literally nothing when it comes to XCX besides her spirit. It's just...very interesting to me.

Maybe I'm biased. But I'm still holding out hope for Rex at least.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
So, is Chrom!Robin and Lucina still the only ones with specific victory quotes?
If so that'd be such a shame because it's such an awesome concept to hear interactions. It's probably one of the biggest highlights for games like DBFZ.

Shroob

Sup?
Any link to this? Verge stuff is something I wanna make sure to see if it actually happened.
It's been a long, long day. To put it simply, a user here leaked it, other leakers have said they've heard the same thing, and PapaGenos has said he's heard the same 7.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
For the record, I took the time to spoiler mark all the World of Light and (you know who I mean) spoiler. Coincidentally, the (you know who I mean) spoiler does relate to World of Light too. Now, while it isn't a requirement, a lot of people still generally use this thread despite avoiding spoilers. Basically, it's just simply nice to spoiler mark these things so they don't have to worry about reading it by accident. Besides that, a lot of boss talk is legitimate spoilers for this game in general. Classic, World of Light, etc.

This is more of a request. I am not saying this strictly as a Mod either. If I was, my text would be bolded. However...

I've noticed a lot of people acting like you shouldn't care about spoiler marking at all as if it's completely fine cause the spoiler notice is up there. That's not how it works. It's just saying that spoilers will exist. Whether marked or unmarked. BTW, we did not make this a spoiler-free thread, so they will exist. Putting them in spoiler marking is purely a courtesy right now. It'd be cool if people did so. If not, can't do much about it. It's been requested by a lot of users on here, but I am not strictly enforcing it. At best I'll just edit the posts. As it's not a hard rule, nobody will be punished for it either(though if somebody causes drama strictly due to it, they may be. As that's unrelated to simply spoiler marking and breaking the rules about civility).

I love the fact Master Hand is playable. From my understanding, it's confirmed for World of Light. I have read about the rumor that stickers unlock him for the CSS. I don't know how World of Light works though. Do you have the option to go to a CSS screen?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I really really want the second FF rep to represent the MAGICAL side of Final Fantasy.

I want Terra, Yuna, Black Mage/Vivi, etc. Someone who summons things or creates magic.

SAKURAI WHY ARE YOU SO SCARED OF MAGIC USERS?
I really want to see Terra's Trance in Smash. It's such a cool concept.

It'd be hilarious if Terra has the sword, and NEVER cuts anything with it. Just uses it as a sort of wand.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
If so that'd be such a shame because it's such an awesome concept to hear interactions. It's probably one of the biggest highlights for games like DBFZ.
They couldn't do it because they were doing auditions for all the fighters trash talk and Isabelle just kept complementing everyone instead.

D

Deleted member

A.G.L. A.G.L. Luigi The President Luigi The President Good points, however i’m still unsure of what to make of the Minecraft content. Considering there’s a disparity between both people leaking it, i’m inclined to believe the sources themselves are confused or have muddled/inconsistent information, or it’s bull****.

Completely shifting gears, I found something mildly interesting when it comes to the online icons. I'm not going to try and say it means anything because in my humble opinion, I don't think anybody except a few people know what's actually happening as DLC, but I do think this is something to keep in mind in terms of disconfirmations of "notable absences".

I was lurking /v/ to see if there as anything Smash related (for the lols and for anything interesting) when I found a thread about the online icons. I innocently looked through them when I found this smol nugget:

Notice the Xenoblade series only has Pyra and Mythra, and no Rex. Fighters don't have icons that resemble them in anything other than their official render either.

While I, again, am not saying this hints at Rex being playable, I simply find it...odd. Like sure, they could always add an icon of Rex later when the Fighter Pass is available. But why wait for that? Is that supposed to be part of the incentive?

Anyway, I just think it's interesting. There is the absence of Elma as well, but there's literally nothing when it comes to XCX besides her spirit. It's just...very interesting to me.

Maybe I'm biased. But I'm still holding out hope for Rex at least.
Did you find a complete list of icons?

Shroob

Sup?
For the record, I took the time to spoiler mark all the World of Light and (you know who I mean) spoiler. Coincidentally, the (you know who I mean) spoiler does relate to World of Light too. Now, while it isn't a requirement, a lot of people still generally use this thread despite avoiding spoilers. Basically, it's just simply nice to spoiler mark these things so they don't have to worry about reading it by accident. Besides that, a lot of boss talk is legitimate spoilers for this game in general. Classic, World of Light, etc.

This is more of a request. I am not saying this strictly as a Mod either. If I was, my text would be bolded. However...

I've noticed a lot of people acting like you shouldn't care about spoiler marking at all as if it's completely fine cause the spoiler notice is up there. That's not how it works. It's just saying that spoilers will exist. Whether marked or unmarked. BTW, we did not make this a spoiler-free thread, so they will exist. Putting them in spoiler marking is purely a courtesy right now. It'd be cool if people did so. If not, can't do much about it. It's been requested by a lot of users on here, but I am not strictly enforcing it. At best I'll just edit the posts. As it's not a hard rule, nobody will be punished for it either(though if somebody causes drama strictly due to it, they may be. As that's unrelated to simply spoiler marking and breaking the rules about civility).

I love the fact Master Hand is playable. From my understanding, it's confirmed for World of Light. I have read about the rumor that stickers unlock him for the CSS. I don't know how World of Light works though. Do you have the option to go to a CSS screen?
Yeah, you can go to a CSS before every battle in the WoL

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I really want to see Terra's Trance in Smash. It's such a cool concept.

It'd be hilarious if Terra has the sword, and NEVER cuts anything with it. Just uses it as a sort of wand.
The complete opposite of Brawl/Smash 4 Ganondorf. I like it.

Nintrendo

Smash Cadet
If they added Sephiroth in I suppose he would fight like how he does in Dissidia NT, still though that length would be ridiculous. They would have to find a way to make Sephiroth's Masamune slightly longer than Cloud's Buster sword. Instead of the normal super long version.

Idk why sora would be a no sephiroth they would add so ff7 gets more music

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Fox, Falco, Palutena, and Dark Pit had some last time too.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
My biggest wants for another FF character (if that's even a thing) would be
1: A job changer, so Bartz
2: A magic user, so Terra
or 3: A Tactics character, so Ramza.

I'd prefer that way more than just more FF7 ****ing which has been done to death at this point.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Damn now I want to hear Sonic smacktalk Mario, who just swears at him in mumbled Italian.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Smash Viridi would probably talk mad **** about everyone in her victory screens. She already does it in the guidance's, so why not.

WaxPython

Smash Ace
You definitely are, considering 9 out of 10 people here consider Vergeben's information as legit.
I too can make up random statistics without doing the required mathematical calculations.

And it's pretty obvious I have no issue being the 1/10 that disagrees with the popular narrative.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
There's no way Verg wasn't legit. He had real information.

His DLC and Minecraft stuff could be fake/leakbait, though. But the rest? Definitely real.

Yeah, you can go to a CSS before every battle in the WoL
I want a picture of MH's CSS stuff, then~

D

Deleted member

My biggest wants for another FF character (if that's even a thing) would be
1: A job changer, so Bartz
2: A magic user, so Terra
or 3: A Tactics character, so Ramza.

I'd prefer that way more than just more FF7 ****ing which has been done to death at this point.
I'd want:
1. Terra
2. Cecil
3. Ramza
4. Zidane
5. Noctis
As those are the 5 I'm most familiar with. Is Tidus any good?

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
I too can make up random statistics without doing the required mathematical calculations.

And it's pretty obvious I have no issue being the 1/10 that disagrees with the popular narrative.
Hey, at least you're not alone. I'm with ya.

Shroob

Sup?

I just find it ignorant to say "Yeah Vergeben's wrong" when everything he's said has been right so far except for the Minecraft and Square rep.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

Apparently there is a way to play Master Hand outside of WoL. However, you're limited to a Mob Smash style mode where you either take out 10, 50, 100 or an infinite number of characters before your health or time runs out.

And I think he's selectable on a CSS screen. I don't know for sure.

Last edited:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
How is he playable? Is there footage?

potato69

Smash Apprentice
According to the Twitter OP, targeted victory lines are bugged across the board.

Lucina did her "This is the Hero-King" line to Greninja.
My favourite moment in Pokemon X and Y was when my Greninja wielded the falchion and single-handedly wiped out Drasna's team.

Nintrendo

Smash Cadet
Im not sure I understand what you said. Are you saying you are not sure why no Sora? Or why Sephiroth and would he get more FF7 music?
Oh so the post you commented it said out of these sora is possibly a no and i was saying how i didnt understand that
and sephiroth honestly would make sense to add so they can add the other ff7 music behind a paywall

my apologies though i should of responded to the original post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom