• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Well 15 since Ivysaur's gonna be tied to 2 other guys.
They aren't my mains though. They are characters I occasionally switch with Ivysaur to test them and fail miserably. Like Brawl Sheik.

Because that's not having a main at that point that's just playing 1/6 the random button
Joking aside, I just wanted to put every characters I like to play as since the game's not out. After that I'll probably stick to four or five characters.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Wait hold the **** up

Are you telling me all those fan polls just got wrecked to invalidity?
I'm pretty sure what he meant is "Look, no ballot or fan polls or anything will change what has been decided." He never said that the pushes for said characters before December 2015 until probably early this year were a bust for DLC characters.

If that was the case, he wouldn't have said it in a public interview.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Leaked pic of Sakurai after that:

Seriously though, part of me would hate to see this happen. Sakurai deserves a break. I also don't really want to see Smash end up like Skyrim, where they refuse to let it die.
y'know, he could probably hand it off to someone, or at least become the advisor to the main team.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
y'know, he could probably hand it off to someone, or at least become the advisor to the main team.
people will probably riot if theres a smash game without sakurai directing it

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
I’m still baffled the Box Theory won.

Not because of Kencineroar but because Nintendo was stupid enough to spoil that there were only two remaining characters in the roster.

Last edited:

StellerRJay

~Chocobo Lover~
Switch FC
4077-3863-9308
Ah, thanks for showing and clearing this uncertainty for me! So happy to see Bowser Jr. actually has so many good things going for him since he was one of the characters I used from time to time. I hope he stays far away from being the worst~
I'm definitely planning on still using ROB a lot. But unlike in Smash 4, where I used him more than anyone else, I'm probably going to balance him more with Olimar and Piranha Plant. And then have a few other characters as secondaries.

... And looking at your profile, I'm guessing you'll be sticking with Pikachu (who's looking v good for Ultimate)?
I wonder what got you picking ROB and Olimar in the first place. Are hold nostalgia over that ROB toy years back? Are you a big fan of the Pikmin series? Do you just like how they play in Smash in general? Or maybe you prefer the more uncommon choices? I certainly rarely seen anyone picking Olimar online in Smash 4. There were some ROBs here and there, but still a bit of a rarity. Piranha Plant does look like a whole lot of fun though!

And yeah, I'll be sticking with Pikachu as one of my most picked characters. That is...unless a certain cute yellow feathered bird shows up~

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I’m still baffled that the Box Theory won.

Not because of Kencineroar but because Nintendo was stupid enough to spoil that there were only two remaining characters in the roster.
I'm not because it would make people go "What? That's it? No *insert whoever the hell some people want*? This is bull****! Nobody even WANTED *insert popular character that got in*" and that alone told me "Yup, it's probably that then"

Dee Dude

3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
I'm not because it would make people go "What? That's it? No *insert whoever the hell some people want*? This is bull****! Nobody even WANTED *insert popular character that got in*" and that alone told me "Yup, it's probably that then"
Well, atleast we could’ve been ready for Kencineroar and keeping our expections low if that stupid Grinch leak never existed.

I’m still pissed at the ***hole leaker who pulled that entire stunt by playing majority of the fanbase for saps, framing two innocent companies and ruining a man’a identity.

Art/photoshop/printing skills be damned, I hope he gets sued.

Last edited:

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
Not trying for memes right now, serious question: Has there been any footage of Waluigi coming out of an AT item with the full roster? Reddit been driving me up the wall since that Kotaku interview with Reggie.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Dude.

This is the same company that leaked, Lucario, Jigglypuff and Ness for Brawl and Ganondorf for 3DS in their commercials.

This at least had a level of mystery because people refused to see the writing on the walls.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
People say they're fine with Ultimate being the model from here on out, but I really think people would change their tune when we get more exclusions like trophies and singleplayer modes in the name of keeping all the characters. Are you content to only play Smash mode against AI or others with nothing else if it means 100+ characters? No unlockables, no checklists to fill out, only the raw game. Ironically I think the casual fanbase would have more of a problem with this then the hardcore.

Basically, what's the worst possible monkeypaw that "Everyone is Here" can bring about, and would you be OK with it?

osby

Smash Obsessed
Ah, thanks for showing and clearing this uncertainty for me! So happy to see Bowser Jr. actually has so many good things going for him since he was one of the characters I used from time to time. I hope he stays far away from being the worst~

I wonder what got you picking ROB and Olimar in the first place. Are hold nostalgia over that ROB toy years back? Are you a big fan of the Pikmin series? Do you just like how they play in Smash in general? Or maybe you prefer the more uncommon choices? I certainly rarely seen anyone picking Olimar online in Smash 4. There were some ROBs here and there, but still a bit of a rarity. Piranha Plant does look like a whole lot of fun though!

And yeah, I'll be sticking with Pikachu as one of my most picked characters. That is...unless a certain cute yellow feathered bird shows up~
I can talk for myself. My introduction to Olimar was in Brawl and I was really impressed by his design, moveset and the lore behind them. Plus, he had an army in his command and bring people to kill percent without even touching them.

I don't play with him in the online so much in Smash For, but he's still fun. Nobody knows how to fight with him.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
No unlockables, no checklists to fill out, only the raw game.
Spirits is literally a bigger checklist than the trophies by themselves.

Besides, we still have a checklist of things to do and its in a comic book style.

Your monkey paw sucks.

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord

Didn't they say they were going to show the whole roster before any leaks happened yet the box theory just came up two months before hand?

Well so much for that shtick, I suppose internet leaks are just enviable these days but it is kinda their fault for letting that box to be seen.

LetterO

Smash Lord
Dude.

This is the same company that leaked, Lucario, Jigglypuff and Ness for Brawl and Ganondorf for 3DS in their commercials.

This at least had a level of mystery because people refused to see the writing on the walls.
But the difference between those was that Nintendo immediately covered it up. They did nothing about the box which lead many, including me, to believe that it meant nothing.

Dee Dude

3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
People say they're fine with Ultimate being the model from here on out, but I really think people would change their tune when we get more exclusions like trophies and singleplayer modes in the name of keeping all the characters. Are you content to only play Smash mode against AI or others with nothing else if it means 100+ characters? No unlockables, no checklists to fill out, only the raw game. Ironically I think the casual fanbase would have more of a problem with this then the hardcore.

Basically, what's the worst possible monkeypaw that "Everyone is Here" can bring about, and would you be OK with it?
I’d prefer a fresh new Smash 6 tbh, it’d be great to have a whole batch of newcomers again, bringing back trophies, Target Test/RTTF/BTP and there’s plenty of existing veterans I certainly won’t miss.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Didn't they say they were going to show the whole roster before any leaks happened yet the box theory just came up two months before hand?

Well so much for that shtick, I suppose internet leaks are just enviable these days but it is kinda their fault for letting that box to be seen.
Tbh, box theory didn't said anything about Incineroar and you need to look really hard to notice the pattern that confirms Ken.

But the difference between those was that Nintendo immediately covered it up. They did nothing about the box which lead many, including me, to believe that it meant nothing.
So that was their plan all along.

Last edited:

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
Spirits is literally a bigger checklist than the trophies by themselves.

Besides, we still have a checklist of things to do and its in a comic book style.

Your monkey paw sucks.
Your reading comprehension sucks. I'm not saying that Ultimate doesn't have those things, I'm putting forward a hypothetical based on the idea that people are happy with all characters returning over anything else.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

Listen, I don't give a **** about that crap.
There's 3 things I care about when it comes to Smash:
  1. Gameplay
  2. Characters
  3. Stages
(I don't even care the amount of characters or stages. I care if they're done well, and if they are, I don't give a damn about much else.)

Whether Smash gets rebooted or updated constantly, it doesn't personally matter as long as those 3 things are done well.

If I had to pick though, being stuck on one smash game until it dies would be kinda lame, so sequel me up.

Last edited:

StellerRJay

~Chocobo Lover~
Switch FC
4077-3863-9308
I can talk for myself. My introduction to Olimar was in Brawl and I was really impressed by his design, moveset and the lore behind them. Plus, he had an army in his command and bring people to kill percent without even touching them.

I don't play with him in the online so much in Smash For, but he's still fun. Nobody knows how to fight with him.
Did you ever play a Pikmin game after being introduced to Olimar in Brawl? Did you dive even deeper into his lore? If so, this just goes to show if a certain character someone never knew about catches their eye in a Smash game, it really does help promote their actual games and lures those people into playing said games~

osby

Smash Obsessed
Did you ever play a Pikmin game after being introduced to Olimar in Brawl? Did you dive even deeper into his lore? If so, this just goes to show if a certain character someone never knew about catches their eye in a Smash game, it really does help promote their actual games and lures those people into playing said games~
I researched about them but I didn't played any.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
They immediately covered up hard info so them not covering up implied info is the same? You realize Lucario wasn't even revealed to be in the game at the point he leaked right?
Well, atleast we could’ve been ready for Kencineroar and keeping our expections low if that stupid Grinch leak never existed.

I’m still pissed at the ***hole leaker who pulled that entire stunt by playing majority of the fanbase for saps, framing two innocent companies and ruining a man’a identity.

Art/photoshop/printing skills be damned, I hope he gets sued.
The guy is guilty of identity theft for sure but come on, most of the fanbase are idiots, trying to justify why Sakurai would say "We only have a few newcomers left. In fact, we may have already revealed too many new challengers, so we'll slow down the pace on reveals" only to go "What up my good ***** here's SEVEN extra characters"

LetterO

Smash Lord
It’s strange that the Smash game on a portable device got rid of alot of its singleplayer. I used to play the single player modes on 3DS alot on so many car rides where all I got was my 3DS to keep me entertained. You all really underestimate how good the singleplayer modes were. I loved Smash Run, and it’s gone. I loved Stadium Mode, and it’s gone besides Century Smash.I loved All-Star Mode, and now it’s Multi-Man Melee. I love Classic Mode, and it still at least looks great.

On a system where portability is one of it’s selling points, it’s disappointing to see less single-player content than before,

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
Tbh, box theory didn't said anything about Incineroar and you need to look really hard to notice the pattern that confirms Ken.

So that was their plan all along.
That's true which is why I was still skeptical about Inceneroar, I already knew that Ken was going to be Ryu's echo since he's pretty much the grandfather of echoes.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
That's true which is why I was still skeptical about Inceneroar, I already knew that Ken was going to be Ryu's echo since he's pretty much the grandfather of echoes.
Ok this really bugs the everloving **** out of me and Smash fans have been doing this for-****ing-ever.
IT'S SPELLED. I N C I N E R O A R. AND NOT INCENEROAR. Incenaroar is acceptable due to it being a wrestler pun but goddammit this drives me bat****

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Ok this really bugs the everloving **** out of me and Smash fans have been doing this for-****ing-ever.
IT'S SPELLED. I N C I N E R O A R. AND NOT INCENEROAR. Incenaroar is acceptable due to it being a wrestler pun but goddammit this drives me bat****
Alright fine,
"Insynuhror"
happy?

Last edited:

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
It’s weird to think that in 7-10 years when the next Smash game comes out, there will probably be a bunch of new first-party characters for them to add. Just between Brawl and now, there were a bunch of new characters and series that were spawned, like Splatoon, Xenoblade, Fire Emblem and Kid Icarus were both revived, etc. Who knows what 2028 will be like.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
But they also did nothing for the Fire Emblem Warriors Special Edition box, which leaked Celica and Lyn. For reference, they were literally on the box.

This wasn't unprecedented for Nintendo. They make good games, but they kinda suck at everything else.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
It’s weird to think that in 7-10 years when the next Smash game comes out, there will probably be a bunch of new first-party characters for them to add. Just between Brawl and now, there were a bunch of new characters and series that were spawned, like Splatoon, Xenoblade, Fire Emblem and Kid Icarus were both revived, etc. Who knows what 2028 will be like.
I hope people would react a little more positively to them this time around.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
But they also did nothing for the Fire Emblem Warriors Special Edition box, which leaked Celica and Lyn. For reference, they were literally on the box.

This wasn't unprecedented for Nintendo. They make good games, but they kinda suck at everything else.
Nintendo's company slogan since the modern ages is practically:

''Hey at least we do our core job perfectly."

The rest is all:

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
I could honestly see Chocobo appearing as a Spirit inhabiting a Yellow Yoshi since they are both speedy, rideable mascot characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom