• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

How about something Credible?

Oh no wait, this is a 4chan leak.........

D

Deleted member

I got it.

It's all a hint for one character.
Springtrap.

-He left a messy pool of blood when he "died".
-William Afton/Purple Guy is often represented by a 2-D sprite.
-The Spring Bonnie suit has fur.
-His corpse is haunting the suit.
-What's left of his body is fused with the endoskeleton.
-He's known for sneaking around.
-He absolutely reeks due to being a rotted corpse.
-He's cold and relatively unemotional.
-The Spring Bonnie suit is of the Fazbear Entertainment's beginnings.
-He's rotted in the suit for well over 30 years.
-It's pretty much a fusion of William Afton and Spring Bonnie.
-He's apparently British.

Last edited by a moderator:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Aren't "Something Old" and "something classic" the same thing?

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
Classic probably means something from the NES days. Sometime old could be in character age like Old Snake.

EDIT: Something classic... Bubsy?!?!?!

Last edited:

Lyndis_

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-6600-3090-1548
It's also disturbing how only one person can use Bowser Jr., while everyone else has to use the seven Koopalings. The developers could've at least made seven additional Bowser Jr. palette swaps for the players who don't want to be forced to use a Koopaling in a Bowser Jr. mirror match.
I'm assuming just because of how the game works.

They have to manually set the voice and etc; for every costume and it goes up to 16 (because Little Mac, although that could be changed) and adding too many costumes causes it to load in slower or even crash. Having a limit of 8 to everyone with Little Mac as an exception prevents that, especially with the 3DS and all.

(Ancient post but it's just my attempt to answer/guess based off modding the game.)

Last edited:

KingBroly

Smash Lord
Something messy - (EDIT 1: Inklings; of course; how could I forget that?)
Something flat - PAPER MARIO
Something hairy - DIXIE KONG

Something ghostly - DECIDUEYE
Something skeletal - RIDLEY (or Dry Bowser)
Something sneaky - WALUIGI

Something smelly - No idea
Something frosty - ICE CLIMBERS (EDIT 2: If not Ice Climbers I have no idea)
Something classic - No idea

Something old - CRANKY KONG
Something in unison - CHORUS MEN
Something foreign - TAKAMARU

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
1080 Degrees.

You know cause... that's an actual snowboarding term.
1080 is 3 whole revolutions. 180 is half a revolution. These are just general sports (really maths) terms. 1080 and 180 can both be used when referring to snowboard tricks.

Last edited:

Danpal65

Smash Lord
PLATINUM7 PLATINUM7 The Spyro remasters look real slick don't they? Loving the new art style. Will probably wait until the game comes to the Switch before I get it though.

Speaking of Spyro, wouldn't it be cool if he could get into Smash? He has had some relevance on Nintendo consoles, and who doesn't like a purple dragon?

...oh wait. Maybe I just want Ridley.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
PLATINUM7 PLATINUM7 The Spyro remasters look real slick don't they? Loving the new art style. Will probably wait until the game comes to the Switch before I get it though.

Speaking of Spyro, wouldn't it be cool if he could get into Smash? He has had some relevance on Nintendo consoles, and who doesn't like a purple dragon?

...oh wait. Maybe I just want Ridley.
Smash Switch gets Crash, Spyro, Snake and Cloud back. Would basically be SSBxPSAS.

Danpal65

Smash Lord
Smash Switch gets Crash, Spyro, Snake and Cloud back. Would basically be SSBxPSAS.
I would honestly be okay with those four characters getting into this Smash. They just have the nintendo feel about them and would gell well with the rest of the cast, especially Spyro and Crash.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
This leaker lost his credibility when he said all Smash characters would get updated amiibo. Do I really need to explain why recreating amiibo for over 50 characters when stores are currently getting rid of their amiibo sections for the upcoming Labo is a risky business move?

Regardless, I'll take a shot at this. We have nothing else to talk about.

Something messy - Inklings.
Something flat - Paper Mario.
Something hairy - Dixie Kong?
Something ghostly - Decidueye.
Something skeletal - Ridley, I guess.
Something sneaky - Impa?
Something smelly - Definitely Waluigi.
Something frosty - If it's not Ice Climbers, then I have no idea.
Something classic - This could literally be anyone from before the year 2000.
Something old - The character is an elder or the character has existed for a while? ...Is Cranky Both?
Something in unison - Rhythm Heaven rep?
Something foreign - Practically every character was made in Japan. They're ALL foreign.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
But Lucina's already in the game
She has a lot to do to catch up to Marth after all. :p

-----------

As for the leak, faker than Shadow. Cosmic77 hit the nail on the head. No way we're getting that many new amiibo. A select few, sure, due to the new characters, or possibly re-releasing relevant ones to new costumes and such, but that's about it.

That's not even counting how vague it is, of course.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
I always assume leaks are false, since they're so easy to make and fake, but entertaining the idea is always fun.

So, cryptic hints time. Same post mentioned Shantae isn't one of them, and that they aren't talking about veterans.

Something Messy - Inklings, even though they've already been revealed.
Something Flat - Paper Mario is the only one I can think of for this.
Something Hairy - Dixie Kong has fur and hair, so she's my best guess, even though by my own logic, Krystal also fits.
Something Ghostly - Decidueye, being a Grass/Ghost, makes sense.
Something Skeletal - Ridley is lanky but not skeletal, but it the best one I can think of.
Something Sneaky - Impa, being a Sheikah, makes sense. Although Midna does too, since she sticks to the shadows.
Something Smelly - King K. Rool, maybe? Not too sure otherwise.
Something Frosty - 1080° Snowboarding is the only non-Ice Climbers game I can think of as 'frosty'
Something Classic - Takamaru is my best guess, since he was considered for Smash 4, but could be anyone.
Something Old - Tom Nook, if we're going by age, seems to be 'older', but otherwise I'm not sure with this one.
Something in Unison - Chorus Kids would be by best guess. Maybe Wonderful 101?
Something Foreign - Rayman was developed in France, so he'd be foreign to both Japan and the United States.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Messy- Fat Princess
Flat- PaRappa the Rapper
Hairy- Ratchet and Clank
Ghostly- Colonel Radec (he's dead)
Skeletal- Sir Dan
Sneaky- Sly or Raiden
Smelly- Nathan Drake (he spends all day in jungles and crap. He'll be walking BO)
Frosty- Sweet Tooth (drives an ice cream truck)
Classic- Spike
Old- Zeus
Unison- Jak and Daxter
Foreign- Toro

I think I got it guys.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Let's take a look.

Something messy - Inkling
Something flat - Paper Mario
Something hairy - :wolf:
Something ghostly - Mimikyu
Something skeletal - Papyrus
Something sneaky -
Something smelly -
Something frosty - :popo:
Something classic - Takamaru
Something old - Kamek
Something in unison - Chorus Kids
Something foreign - Crash Bandicoot

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I personally am kinda doubting the leak more over time, because Isabelle does not fit any of the vague categories and seeing what the newcomers people are guessing frequently..

I am also kinda assuming the characters are unique newcomers are the only ones he wanted to listed going by the 'Keep in mind it's not all the characters.' I guess the last-minute dessert clones were decided not to be told.

Last edited:

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
Something frosty is with no doubts the villain from "Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze".

People want a Dk villain so much that Sakurai had this brilliant idea of giving us the newest one.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I think you don't understand what I'm saying. Sakurai is basically the sole arbiter of who gets in, so saying "X wont happen because Sakurai said so" or "it's a rule," is a silly point because he can change his mind. Basically, don't cling to rules.

Not sure how you could infer, even ironically, any character getting in from what I said.
I mean Sakurai tend to do things that we never expected... sometimes he does stick to his words, sometimes he doesn't...

From the experiences we've had with Sakurai's quotes, always takes his words with a grain of salt...
Sorry, but Waluigi's dance moves are weak compared to Poppi QTπ.

*Quickly glimpse* oh... that's hot... even in places like in Tantal... *And glimpse away*

I would like to point out that... technically this is a spoiler so I recommend you to put this awesome gif in spoiler tag... (I put it in spoiler tag myself in the quote for anyone who is looking at this)

Gee, I haven't got the third Poppi and now I am seeing fanarts of her already....

I know.. I know, I am being a bit of an XC2 spoiler cop recently... I can take some minor ones but some.. eh....[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

92MilesPrower

Smash Ace
I'd be surprised if there isn't a third DK rep again, the series definitely deserved a third rep in Smash 4. I feel it's completely inexcusable this time around if Sakurai doesn't put a third rep into Smash Switch.

Although I do prefer King K. Rool over Dixie, I'd be happy with either one getting in.

Edit: This leak? Not buying it, taking it with a truckload of salt. They're probably just hinting at the characters that they want to see in Smash Switch.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Dixie and K.Rool probably both did fairly well in the Ballot. So I can see Sakurai adding either one or even both.

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
Messy- Fat Princess
Flat- PaRappa the Rapper
Hairy- Ratchet and Clank
Ghostly- Colonel Radec (he's dead)
Skeletal- Sir Dan
Sneaky- Sly or Raiden
Smelly- Nathan Drake (he spends all day in jungles and crap. He'll be walking BO)
Frosty- Sweet Tooth (drives an ice cream truck)
Classic- Spike
Old- Zeus
Unison- Jak and Daxter
Foreign- Toro

I think I got it guys.
The Smash x PSASBR we are all waiting for.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
Dixie and K.Rool probably both did fairly well in the Ballot. So I can see Sakurai adding either one or even both.
Why do people want Dixie when she'd just be a Diddy clone? No one wants another Diddy Kong in Smash. Not even Diddy Kong.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ridley did terrible in the Ballot after Sakurai BS'd with Ridley fans for so long and tried to crush their spirits

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
This leaker lost his credibility when he said all Smash characters would get updated amiibo. Do I really need to explain why recreating amiibo for over 50 characters when stores are currently getting rid of their amiibo sections for the upcoming Labo is a risky business move?
I wouldn't exactly rule it out. It could come it waves of 3 to 5 instead of all 50+ characters at once.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Why do people want Dixie when she'd just be a Diddy clone? No one wants another Diddy Kong in Smash. Not even Diddy Kong.
Dude are you ever capable of just being nice?

Like legit all I ever see you say is negative things about every single character.

People want Dixie Kong because she is the most important hero character in the Donkey Kong franchise after Donkey and Diddy and has her name in the title of one of the Country games where she leads the charge and saves them.

She's one of the few remaining female Nintendo all-stars.

And just because they're both small monkeys does not mean they have to be clones. Dixie has never played similar to Diddy Kong in the games they're in together.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

I wouldn't be surprised if Ridley did terrible in the Ballot after Sakurai BS'd with Ridley fans for so long and tried to crush their spirits
Just because she could be a Diddy clone doesn't mean she will.

I honestly don't think she'd even be a semiclone, she'd be unique.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276

Like legit all I ever see you say is negative things about every single character.

People want Dixie Kong because she is the most important hero character in the Donkey Kong franchise after Donkey and Diddy and has her name in the title of one of the Country games where she leads the charge and saves them.

And just because they're both small monkeys does not mean they have to be clones. Dixie has never played similar to Diddy Kong in the games they're in together.
The whole clone accusation is mainly to do with the fact Dixie looks similar to Diddy. At any rate, she's probably going to be a Wolf-type character at most.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Dixie Kong has more in common with fricking Tails from the Sonic the Hedgehog franchise than she does Diddy Kong.

After all Diddy and Dixie were suppose to be tag team characters in Brawl. I sincerely doubt you were gonna swap her out and have the same moveset with her as you would having Diddy as the head character.

Danpal65

Smash Lord
It would be pretty great if Sakurai could add both characters. the D.K. series definitely deserves to have a larger presence in the roster. Dixie and K.Rool would also fill two very different roles, which would make the roster feel even better. We'd get some more female representation and a heavy-weight villain.

On the topic of her being a clone, I think that is unlikely. AT worst she would be a Wolf level clone, maybe keeping Diddy's jabs and side-b, but her up-b would be here ponytail helicopter thing and she has her bubblegum gun thingy as well. She could certainly be fleshed out to be her own unique character.

The bigger concern is how much of a clone K.Rool will be of Diddy honestly :p

KingBroly

Smash Lord

People want Dixie Kong. Because she is the most important hero character in the Donkey Kong franchise after Donkey and Dixie and has her name in the title of one of the country games where she leads the charge and saves them.

And just because they're both small monkeys does not mean they have to be clues. Dixie has never played similar to Diddy Kong in the games they're in together.
I want unique movesets, not clones. That's why I would prefer Cranky Kong with his Pogo Cane of Death than a character that is going to be another clone/semi-clone. Dixie would be a clone of Diddy. Play DKCTF and try to differentiate them. You really can't other than Dixie being better.

'Dixie is the most important...after DK and Diddy' = 3rd String character. When you have to qualify something like that, you're hurting your own argument for the character.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
The whole clone accusation is mainly to do with the fact Dixie looks similar to Diddy. At any rate, she's probably going to be a Wolf-type character at most.
Just similar specials?

Reusing peanut popgun and rocketbarrel pack wouldn't make sense.

If you mean similar to Wolf more loosely, in that only a few moves are similar, what moves exactly? A few normal moves. There'd be no reason to use Diddy's dash attack when she has her own. She also doesn't have a tail so you can't reuse Didy's neutral combo animation. Only way she'd be clone like is if Sakurai got lazy and didn't come up with unique animations for A attacks, throws and a unique down and side b.

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Dixie Kong has more in common with fricking Tails from the Sonic the Hedgehog franchise than she does Diddy Kong.

After all Diddy and Dixie were suppose to be tag team characters in Brawl. I sincerely doubt you were gonna swap her out and have the same moveset with her as you would having Diddy as the head character.
Yeah but Dixie is just Girl Diddy.

You know, just like the way Rosalina is just Space Peach and Ike is just Muscular Marth, amirite?:p

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I want unique movesets, not clones. That's why I would prefer Cranky Kong with his Pogo Cane of Death than a character that is going to be another clone/semi-clone. Dixie would be a clone of Diddy. Play DKCTF and try to differentiate them. You really can't other than Dixie being better.

'Dixie is the most important...after DK and Diddy' = 3rd String character. When you have to qualify something like that, you're hurting your own argument for the character.
Okay. Whatever bud. In this post alone you've proven you know VERY little about Dixie Kong.

She stars in her own game in the franchise where she saves the male leads does not equal to third string. By all intents and purposes Dixie Kong is the female lead of the Donkey Kong franchise.

She's even more of a hero in DKC2 than Donkey Kong is seeing as he's kidnapped.

Seriously. The girl saves the lead of the franchise TWICE. And you want to say she's third string? Please.

She's the female lead of the Donkey Kong franchise.

Cranky is third string. Love the monkey to death, but he's a sage old wise coot in all the games save Tropical Freeze.

Last edited:

RosiePeaches

Banned via Warnings
Impa and Dixie don't strike me as characters that would "never" warrant full development time, even should they not get in right at this juncture.
To be fair, Sakurai though that finishing the work on Dixie was not worth it in Brawl :p

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'm assuming just because of how the game works.

They have to manually set the voice and etc; for every costume and it goes up to 16 (because Little Mac, although that could be changed) and adding too many costumes causes it to load in slower or even crash. Having a limit of 8 to everyone with Little Mac as an exception prevents that, especially with the 3DS and all.

(Ancient post but it's just my attempt to answer/guess based off modding the game.)
The Koopalings themselves wouldn't receive any palette swaps; only Bowser Jr. would receive them, since he is the default palette.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
To be fair, Sakurai though that finishing the work on Dixie was not worth it in Brawl :p
We have no reason to know why production on Dixie was stopped.

He probably had most of the work done on Diddy Kong and simply didn't want to hold the game back any further, but released that Donkey Kong was in need of another representative.

The fact that he even was including her WITH Diddy at any point proves he knows just how important Dixie Kong is to the Donkey Kong franchise.

EDIT: Keep in mind Sonic was a late minute addition to Brawl and probably took a LOT of the attention away from Sakurai's original plans. The push to get in Sonic was real and he definitely hampered some roster plans with how late in the mix he was thrown in I'd wager.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom