• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Meme? I suggest "Fat Impa" because I actually like the character design. Not only don't we have an older woman in Smash, but we don't have any heavyset woman either. She also has a lot of viability for a unique moveset without needing to reference Sheik at all.

She's always been my favorite design. The fact she also has some other neat things to show off is a nice coincidence, but she's just as capable as the other versions of Impa. She has tons of muscle, so she clearly can be designed to be a fighter. It's not the same thing as the more elderly version with a cane, who doesn't look nearly as capable of fighting.

Just because some people like a design you don't doesn't make them remotely a meme.
To be honest, I still don't believe you on this. Something reminiscenced of you suggesting a Cow Throw as Side B or something.

Also, Fat Impa was only in Oracles, made by Capcom. It might be a mainline Zelda game, but it's still 3rd party made. Which is why Hyrule Warriors Impa was shunned, who actually brings quite a lot to the table, also without borrowing from Sheik.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I just want people to view Yoshi's series separate from Mario because Smash presented it that way. Otherwise it creates a double standard against my boi
People will always struggle to see the Yoshi series as separate to the Mario series because the two are intertwined in such a way that makes it near-impossible to do so.

There is very little overlap between Donkey Kong and Super Mario, but there's a significant amount of overlap between Super Mario and Yoshi; because the Yoshi games are made to overlap with the Super Mario series, and makes very little attempt to distance itself from it's parent series (besides aesthetic and game mechanics).

Last edited:

Bee Card

Smash Ace
I have a question about Impa. If she gets in, what would they decide her first appearence is?

1986 where she was mentioned in the NES Zelda's manual?

1993 when she made her first in-game appearence in the CDi games?

Or 1998 when she made her first CANONICAL in-game appearence in Ocarina of Time?
The Impa from Zelda 1 manual is canonical

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Except for the Mario Kart, sports and Party games...
The content featured from the DK series in those games is really minor

Besides DK and Diddy making a lot of appearances the only other major thing I can really think of is that one DKCR track in Mario Kart 7

oh and the kremlins in Mario Strikers and K. Rool in Sluggers...

ah I see

KMDP

Smash Legend
Which is why Hyrule Warriors Impa was shunned, who actually brings quite a lot to the table, also without borrowing from Sheik.
What are you talking about?

More than half of the requests for Impa I've seen have specifically asked for Hyrule Warriors Impa. Asking for Oracles Impa is a niche request, nobody really wants Ocarina of Time Impa or original Impa, and the rest of the requests are for Skyward Sword Impa.

People were suggesting Impa to be a clone of Sheik because it makes sense (like Lucina being a clone of Marth does, even though Lucina doesn't actually fight anything like Marth in her home game), and people considered it the only way she'd get in; if she can get in on her own merits, then I'd say most people would shoot for HW!Impa over any other version.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
To be honest, I still don't believe you on this. Something reminiscenced of you suggesting a Cow Throw as Side B or something.

Also, Fat Impa was only in Oracles, made by Capcom. It might be a mainline Zelda game, but it's still 3rd party made. Which is why Hyrule Warriors Impa was shunned, who actually brings quite a lot to the table, also without borrowing from Sheik.
Yes, because she's a larger woman and Cows are a big thing in the Zelda series, especially OOT, her first canonical appearance. She looks like she can easily lift up things(not unlike DK).

It's an imaginative moveset that fits all kinds of unique things she can do.

The Oracle games are canon, something HW is not. Though I agree with your point that both designs are unlikely to be used for the same reason, created by 3rd party companies. Though yeah, the Oracle games didn't get anything so far overall besides... a costume at best for Zelda. And an error in the Japanese text for Heart Container in Brawl lists is from the Oracle series. Weird.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
People will always struggle to see the Yoshi series as separate to the Mario series because the two are intertwined in such a way that makes it near-impossible to do so.

There is very little overlap between Donkey Kong and Super Mario, but there's a significant amount of overlap between Super Mario and Yoshi; because the Yoshi games are made to overlap with the Super Mario series, and makes very little attempt to distance itself from it's parent series (besides game mechanics).
There's enough distinction for everyone to go "that's a Yoshi game, NOT a Mario one." The aesthetics and tone are what separates them, there are plenty of enemies that are exclusive to his series, Mario characters that are SO INTERTWINED with Yoshi's games that people would consider them Yoshi characters first (Kamek, Shy Guys), the game mechanics are very distinct, and last but not least Poochy :). Also need I remind you that the last game (and presumably the new one coming) doesn't even take place in a canonical Mario setting? For all you know Mario never existed in that universe...

The parts that are similar to Mario shouldn't outweigh the parts that don't. I'm tired of arguing this...

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
I mean, technically, Super Mario is a spin-off of Donkey Kong, not the other way around.
I keep on seeing the Donkey Kong arcade game classified as a Donkey Kong game, but shouldn't it be a Mario game given that you play as Mario rather than DK?

Also, re: Impa, she'd be a good addition but I'm not sure I'd want her to be the next Zelda character given that she'd most likely be a clone. It's not just about Zelda getting another rep - it's about the series diversifying in its movesets a bit, which is something both it and FE could greatly benefit from. Pokemon is the best example of moveset and design diversity, though that series probably does get special treatment.

MainJPW

M.T.A
and the DK universe has a lot of unique content that can make it separate from the Mario universe

Most DK characters and enemies rarely crossover with the Mario universe
If you’re talking about “universe” and not franchise then I mean, the DK series characters do consistently appear in Mario spin-offs. Aside from Donkey and Diddy's regular appearances in Mario spin-off titles the Kremlings In Strikers games and also, other DK cast members beside Donkey and Diddy have appearing like Tiny Kong, Funky Kong, and Dixie appeared alongside the Mario cast in Mario Super Sluggers. And then there’s New Donk City.

I feel like that’s consistent enough to say they exist in a shared universe. It’s like how Dr. Slump and Dragon Ball rarely crossover but still coexist in the same universe.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
btw Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth why are you liking posts that say Yoshi's series isn't distinct enough from Mario? I have seen you argue otherwise
Because they aren't distinct enough. The first game was still tied to Mario. Yoshi's Story was not. It doesn't help that the main enemy is literally a younger Bowser. Kamek is more original, of course. And enemies like Shy Guy originated from the Mario games too. It needs more distinction, though it's getting better thanks to the latest game(Crafted World, if I remember the name right).

KMDP

Smash Legend
I keep on seeing the Donkey Kong arcade game classified as a Donkey Kong game, but shouldn't it be a Mario game given that you play as Mario rather than DK?
But the title is "Donkey Kong", and way back when, the player character wasn't Mario, but "Jumpman".

Really, there was no distinction between the Mario and Donkey Kong series until 1994, so trying to argue whether "Donkey Kong" is a Mario game or Donkey Kong game is splitting hairs.

If you want to get super specific, it's a "Donkey Kong" game; which was later spun off into "Super Mario Bros." and "Donkey Kong Country".
Also, re: Impa, she'd be a good addition but I'm not sure I'd want her to be the next Zelda character given that she'd most likely be a clone. It's not just about Zelda getting another rep - it's about the series diversifying in its movesets a bit, which is something both it and FE could greatly benefit from. Pokemon is the best example of moveset and design diversity, though that series probably does get special treatment.
Basically, the best option for Impa is either Hyrule Warriors Impa or a completely new version based on the Oracles Impa, both of which would be unique. Having OOT or SS Impa would be essentially just a clone of Sheik, which would work, but would it be worth it?

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
I still disagree with the notion that Impa is even a reoccurring character and not just a reoccurring name attached to several different characters who fill a similar niche, like Cid from Final Fantasy.

Last edited:

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
*sigh* Arguing for my boi's respect is like pulling teeth

Why should my boi not have Kamek or Poochy as a new rep?

Why should he not have an item (being the only OG 8 to not have one)?

Why should he not have an AT (not only the only OG 10 to not get one, but one of the only REPPED FRANCHISES to not get one, along with the retros and Final Fantasy)?

Because of the Mario connection?

Please, reconsider. It's distinct

osby

Smash Obsessed
I still disagree with the notion that Impa is even a reoccurring character and not just a reoccurring name attached to several different characters who a similar niche, like Cid from Final Fantasy.
Though isn't same thing can be applied to Zelda?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I still disagree with the notion that Impa is even a reoccurring character and not just a reoccurring name attached to several different characters who a similar niche, like Cid from Final Fantasy.
You know that's a ****ing brilliant comparison I haven't seen more of. Though tbf the same applies to Zelda and Link, but those two are major characters

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
But the title is "Donkey Kong", and way back when, the player character wasn't Mario, but "Jumpman".

Really, there was no distinction between the Mario and Donkey Kong series until 1994, so trying to argue whether "Donkey Kong" is a Mario game or Donkey Kong game is splitting hairs.

If you want to get super specific, it's a "Donkey Kong" game; which was later spun off into "Super Mario Bros." and "Donkey Kong Country".

Basically, the best option for Impa is either Hyrule Warriors Impa or a completely new version based on the Oracles Impa, both of which would be unique. Having OOT or SS Impa would be essentially just a clone of Sheik, which would work, but would it be worth it?
Yeah, it's probably best not to think of either Donkey Kong or Mario as spin-offs of one another, but two series which began simultaneously in a way. Unlike, say, Wario Land which was definitely a spin-off of the Mario platformers.

As for Impa, I don't think they'll use designs from Hyrule Warriors even though it's the only real option to make her unique.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Which is probably why Impa isn't a character in Smash, to be honest.

The very fact that we can even argue about which version of Impa should be used, let alone what she'd do, kinda shows it.

Like, there's very little argument about which versions of Vaati and Skull Kid should be used (Minish Cap and Majora's Mask, respectively); unfortunately, they have their own problems (Vaati is essentially a one-off character, and... "What would Skull Kid even do?")

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Because they aren't distinct enough. The first game was still tied to Mario. Yoshi's Story was not. It doesn't help that the main enemy is literally a younger Bowser. Kamek is more original, of course. And enemies like Shy Guy originated from the Mario games too. It needs more distinction, though it's getting better thanks to the latest game(Crafted World, if I remember the name right).
It had distinction since Yoshi's Island because of the aesthetics and the various enemies. So what if the Shy Guys first appeared in a Mario game (which is actually a Yume Kojo game lol) as long as they are deeply associated with Yoshi? Also Yoshi's Story was distinct enough for SAKURAI TO BASE HIS SERIES REPRESENTATION off of it...

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
*sigh* Arguing for my boi's respect is like pulling teeth

Why should my boi not have Kamek or Poochy as a new rep?

Why should he not have an item (being the only OG 8 to not have one)?

Why should he not have an AT (not only the only OG 10 to not get one, but one of the only REPPED FRANCHISES to not get one, along with the retros and Final Fantasy)?

Because of the Mario connection?

Please, reconsider. It's distinct
I got a reason

Because Poochy is stupid

KMDP

Smash Legend
You know that's a ****ing brilliant comparison I haven't seen more of. Though tbf the same applies to Zelda and Link, but those two are major characters
I'd say that, at the very least, Zelda and Link tend to have very similar capabilities across all incarnations; the Smash Zelda design could be applied to pretty much any version of Zelda with very little fuss (though obviously it's a better fit for some Zelda incarnations than others).

Re: Yoshi, the Yoshi series should at least get Poochy as an Assist Trophy, though considering Fire Emblem went almost three games with only one Assist Trophy...

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
The Yoshi games are like the Luigi's Mansion games. They star a Mario character in a subseries, but don't deviate much from the setting and characters/enemies you see in the Mario games. On the scale of Mario ------------- Donkey Kong/Wario, Yoshi falls in the center. Being his own series in Smash seems more like a habit now than anything else; hell, one of the "Yoshi" stages in Melee was a Mario World stage.

Yoshi still regularly shows up in mainline Mario games as well, which dilutes him "breaking away" a bit. DK and Wario do not.

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Hmmm those are some very interesting picks and some good choices.

1) Sora from Kingdom Hearts, as the second Square representative. I do not believe Geno will be chose due to Square choosing characters that are current and that they can cross promote off of. I think Sora has a higher chance than a Dragon Quest character due to that he is more of a globally popular character. Compared to Dragon Quest whose majority of sales come from Japan, Kingdom Hearts receives most of its sales from more than one country. In dream drop distance the amount of copies sold between Japan and the USA was very close in number. This is why I think Square will choose Sora as aside from Cloud he is the next most globally popular character. As for stages I could see him coming with Destiny Islands and a remix version of the Destiny Islands theme.

2) Heihachi Mishima as the second Bandai Namco rep. It would be very odd for Bandai Namco to not have a second rep. Given that they are developing the game and will be the only 3rd party that does not have a second rep if Square gets another. It would make no sense that they would not tell Nintendo and Sakurai that they also want a second rep. The most logical choice I believe is Heihachi, we know Sakurai considered him when selecting the original Bandai Namco rep that eventually went to Pacman. At that time creating his moveset was too hard, but technology has improved and they have put characters with harder movesets in ex Bayonetta. Not to mention that he has already been in a similar fighter to Smash in Playstation All Stars. Also he is more relevant than LLoyd from Tales of Symphonia. As he has been in every Tekken game. For his stage I could see them choosing the Mishima Dojo. And for a song that he would come with I could see them choosing Abandoned Temple-Final Round.

3) Edelgard from Fire Emblem Three Houses. It makes too much sense especially since Nintendo is choosing the picks for DLC. The last time they did this they added Corrin for Smash Wii U. With Fire Emblem Three Houses being scheduled for release in 2019, it only makes sense for them to want to cross promote. As for why Edelgard, despite not being the main character she is the one that stands out the most from the characters we have seen so far. Im sure Nintnedo is aware fans of Smash are annoyed of so many Fire Emblem characters, so they may trying adding a character with a non sword weapon. Edelgard would be interesting enough to make fans want to play as her, as she would bring a different move set compared to all the other Fire Emblem characters. She could alternate between sword and axe based attacks, or just be an axe user. As for stage she would come with, given that the Church of Serios is an important factor in Three houses. I can see her stage being some kind of church like stage. And as for music unfortunately we do not know enough about the game to choose music. If I had to choose so far I would it would be the trailer theme for Three Houses.

4) A Pokemon 2019 rep. This game is also scheduled to be released around sometime in 2019. And being one of the later DLC's and potentially being released around the same time as the game. I could see them wanting to cross promote by adding one of the Pokemon to Smash. This slot could potentially also go to a Metroid Prime 4 rep, we will have to wait and see. I do not believe Katalina will be added, I think Nintendo will want at least two of the 5 DLC's to be some of their characters. If Katalina was added the majority of the Fighter Pass DLC's will be third party's and given that Nintendo is choosing the characters I can see them wanting to at least have two of the five being their characters.

5) Steve from Minecraft, as the first representative for Microsoft. This one makes too much sense, given the high partnership between Microsoft and Nintendo. And if you take into account Vergeben saying Minecraft was in Smash in some way then it is most likely Steve will be one of the final characters. Though I prefer Banjo, Steve is more relative and is one of Microsofts big IP's. It would seem more likely they would push for him as he could help them cross promote. Banjo hasn't had a game since 2008, and unless Microsoft and Nintendo are planning a new Banjo game together I don't them wanting to push Banjo, as iconic as he is. As for stages I could see him coming with a basic Minecraft builder stage, with maybe some creepers as stage hazards. Finding a song for Steve was really hard, all the songs are either too soft or some sort of parody's. If I had to choose one it would be Aria Math, but it would seriously have to be remixed to give it more of an upbeat.

Destiny Islands theme

Abandoned Temple final Round

Fire Emblem Three Houses Trailer Theme

Minecraft Aria Math
Thanks. I may not share similar thoughts here though, so if you may I'll give my opinion on each.. Also, excuse my last post, something camw up and I had to leave quick. So, here we go..
1. Just a reminder that Ridley wasn't a global choice but more of western one (NA specifically), they even call him Captain America in Japan. So I'm guessing they'll go for an eastern one this time, most of DLCs if I'm not mistaken as the global appeal was already satisfied. DQ is huge in Japan compared to KH.

2. Hmm, that's a hard one to guess since Sakurai says a lot of things. He said no fighters yet he included Ryu and Ken, also he gave him a Mii costume. But if it was for me I'd go for either Gil (Duraga) or Taizo (Dig Dug) as reps. They both look extremely good and iconic (comical and realistic), and although I'm fed out with sword fighters, boy does Gil look so good in that Gold/Azure armor.

3. Oh not another FE rep (Steve sounds good now for some reason XD). I don't know, I think the FE message got through clearly, I don't think they need another rep to advertise 3 house. What proves it to me too is that Black Knight is an AT now. Smash fans are annoyed by the FE idea as a whole not what weapon they carry.

4. I highly doubt another pokemon rep. and Katalina IS a Nintendo rep, not 3rd party.

5. Yeah, I guess we're not debating Steve. I still wish I'm wrong about this. If Spencer feels for Banjo fans (more than MC's $$) then it's all good for the fans.

Music:
KH: Didn't fly.
T7: Well I guess you know how to get me now XD
FE: I'm really not into FE.
MC: Well that's actually pretty good.

Last edited:

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
The Yoshi games are like the Luigi's Mansion games. They star a Mario character in a subseries, but don't deviate much from the setting and characters/enemies you see in the Mario games. On the scale of Mario ------------- Donkey Kong/Wario, Yoshi falls in the center. Being his own series in Smash seems more like a habit now than anything else; hell, one of the "Yoshi" stages in Melee was a Mario World stage.

Yoshi still regularly shows up in mainline Mario games as well, which dilutes him "breaking away" a bit. DK and Wario do not.
Yoshi's games are FAR more apart from Mario than the Luigi's Mansion games, especially recently where the settings of the Yoshi games are no longer Yoshi's Island

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It had distinction since Yoshi's Island because of the aesthetics and the various enemies. So what if the Shy Guys first appeared in a Mario game (which is actually a Yume Kojo game lol) as long as they are deeply associated with Yoshi? Also Yoshi's Story was distinct enough for SAKURAI TO BASE HIS SERIES REPRESENTATION off of it...
Super Mario Bros. 2 USA was a Mario game first. Then became a different game. Then got restored to a Mario game in the USA. So no, they were Mario enemies from the start.

Yes, Sakurai decided to base Yoshi off of his own games. That's not really an argument for how distinct it is at all.

It does have a different aesthetic, true. But it's still heavily associated with Mario by design. The elements of the gameplay are extremely similar still. It needs more differences for people to really see it that differently on average. Like actual fully new characters besides some of the enemies. The final boss is still pretty much a Mario character by heart. Kamek is still a Magikoopa who doesn't even have a unique name(all Magikoopas were called Kameks in Japan) overall. So more new stuff would really help it become better.

Also, just because people don't view the series as that separated doesn't mean they're disrespecting it. That's kind of a ridiculous thing to say, honestly. Reality is, not everybody views its uniqueness the same way as you do. And that's fine.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Yoshi's games are FAR more apart from Mario than the Luigi's Mansion games, especially recently where the settings of the Yoshi games are no longer Yoshi's Island
If Yoshi gets his own recurring cast, including his own villain, then maybe I'll buy into this a little bit more.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yes, because she's a larger woman and Cows are a big thing in the Zelda series, especially OOT, her first canonical appearance. She looks like she can easily lift up things(not unlike DK).

It's an imaginative moveset that fits all kinds of unique things she can do.

The Oracle games are canon, something HW is not. Though I agree with your point that both designs are unlikely to be used for the same reason, created by 3rd party companies. Though yeah, the Oracle games didn't get anything so far overall besides... a costume at best for Zelda. And an error in the Japanese text for Heart Container in Brawl lists is from the Oracle series. Weird.
Doesn't matter. A lot of content from Hyrule Warriors transitted over to the development of Breath of the Wild. Mainly the cutscenes. But also how Link was first a official knight of Hyrule in Hyrule Warriors, and that carried over to Breath of the Wild for example. There's also a shield that knights of Hyrule used in HW that looks a lot like one of the shields in Breath of the Wild, the design of Hyrule Castle... It might not be "canon" but it definitely has set it's stone into the Zelda franchise.

osby

Smash Obsessed
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77188739

For those interested, that Katalina leaker went in more details and claims Steve is DLC for sure
"- Don't expect an Atlus or Bethesda rep. When he was asked about if he's heard of any Shin Megami Tensei or Persona characters being discussed, Hitagi simply replied that "none" were brought up. Same with Doomslayer."

No Persona character is sad but it's not like they had much chance.

- Hitagi still thinks fans will be satisfied with the characters that Nintendo will pick. When asked if fans will be happy with the characters, Hitagi said "Definitely. They all seem pretty cool in their respective ways." Although he also notes that half of the names he's heard aren't 100% confirmed.

Pfft, yeah sure. That gave me a laugh.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I only trust Vergeben at this point. That Ken & Incineroar reveal, plus him saying Isaac would be a AT 100% confirmed this for me. Even if I was a straight up denier before. If Vergeben says this or that character will be DLC, I am pretty sure it'll be just that.

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Super Mario Bros. 2 USA was a Mario game first. Then became a different game. Then got restored to a Mario game in the USA. So no, they were Mario enemies from the start.

Yes, Sakurai decided to base Yoshi off of his own games. That's not really an argument for hos distinct it is at all.

It does have a different aesthetic, true. But it's still heavily associated with Mario by design. The elements of the gameplay are extremely similar still. It needs more differences for people to really see it that differently on average. Like actual fully new characters besides some of the enemies. The final boss is still pretty much a Mario character by heart. Kamek is still a Magikoopa who doesn't even have a unique name(all Magikoopas were called Kameks in Japan) overall. So more new stuff would really help it become better.

Also, just because people don't view the series as that separated doesn't mean they're disrespecting it. That's kind of a ridiculous thing to say, honestly. Reality is, not everybody views its uniqueness the same way as you do. And that's fine.
Many of the collectathon elements of 2D platformers originated from Yoshi's Island. Before that, the Mario games were primarily about getting from one end of the stage to another, and still to this day when Mario goes 2D (and some 3D games even like 3D Land and World) that's still the case with the occasional Star Coins here and there. Yoshi's games encourage you to take your time to finish and to do other things while you're getting from one end of the stage to the other. Mario's 2D stages tend to be showcases for an obstacle gimmick that take 3-5 minutes to complete, whereas Yoshi's games are set pieces that will take you anywhere from 10 to 20 minutes depending on how you want to spend your time. Other franchises used that template, but in the context of the Mario universe, that's all Yoshi.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
A character from a Square-Enix series that has never been on a Nintendo console is not a Nintendo rep.
So many wrongs in that statement it's not worth a reply.. sigh.but here goes..
First, please read the whole thing before jumping in, and don't take it out of context. I was replying to my friend, and we were talking business wise.
Second, Katalina is from Granblue Fantasy, a game that has nothing to do with Square-Enix! It's developed and published by Cygames.
Third, Nintendo owns 5% of Cygames.
Do you get why she's a Nintendo rep now? :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom