• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

So with the YouTube app finally on the Nintendo Switch, has anyone went to any Smash Ultimate gameplay videos and try to get a feel of how it might feel like playing, especially in portable mode?

I've tried the full CSS, 8-player CSS and 8-player mode, too. Honestly... It's pretty intimidating. Like, really intimidating.

View attachment 176742
I played the 3DS version and it always looked fine, ya'll are just babies.
"B-but what about 8-player smash?"
Who the **** even plays that mode?

D

Deleted member

All you people are saying that the SE rep is going to be Geno/Sora/Erdrick/Whoever, but you’re all blind the actual new Square-Enix character.

SQUARE-ENIX COMPANY LOGO
SQUARES UP

Last edited by a moderator:

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Do you ever just...look at your switch...and you know ultimate is already downloaded onto it...it's right there....you could play it...but you can't yet...even though it's there...waiting....asjkfb;kgsdugh[oghohsdgdj

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Do you ever just...look at your switch...and you know ultimate is already downloaded onto it...it's right there....you could play it...but you can't yet...even though it's there...waiting....asjkfb;kgsdugh[oghohsdgdj
Then you dowoad piranha plant on it and you just watch as that data gets put into your switch which you won't be able to access for another month...

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
The more I listen to Iron Blue Intention, the more I am excited on what it would sound like in Smash.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Do you think since Bandi Namco is actually helping develop Smash Bros. Ultimate that Nintendo would be a lot more willing to having more Namco characters on their DLC list?

Is it possible we will see these two clash in Smash for real this time?
View attachment 176740
50/50. If Ishizuka got too dead by the time DLC plans rolled around, :ultincineroar: will be close enough.

Incineroar is one of my favorite gen 7 Pokemon.
I got lucky this time.
Me too. Anticipating a Pokémon you like in Smash is really like playing the lottery; hope for the best.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Nah, not me.
I got it physical because holding the case gives me a sense of childish joy.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
All you people are saying that the SE rep is going to be Geno/Sora/Erdrick/Whoever, but you’re all blind the actual new Square-Enix character.

SQUARE-ENIX COMPANY LOGO
SQUARES UP
I wasn't blind to anything before, but opening the page to a huge white box changed that.

ShadowGamer193

Smash Journeyman

I mean, I guess this list would make a lot of fans happy, but there's too much of an emphasis on third-parties for my tastes.

For me, I'd really like to see at least two Nintendo characters get in. Three would be fantastic, but I won't get ahead of myself.

Don't see how that could possibly be considered controversial.

I don't think FE fans act entitled, but I do think we have an excessive number of reps.
I think FE is big enough for the representation, it’s just that we keep getting Sword characters when there’s literally 8 other weapons to choose from

Last edited:

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
I don't own a Switch and if I get the game I'll get physical aggaggdfghh.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I personally think FE fans are the entitled ones. The series already has far more characters than it needs and they're still asking for more.
A bit of a hasty generalization. The thing with Fire Emblem is that it has a lot of characters and I mean a lot of them, in series like that don't have really have that many recurring characters it would make sense that people would want to see their particular favorites. I've haven't really seen someone talking about their preferred character in an attempt to discredit another. Think most FE fans understand that there are already a lot of characters and that another would be controversial. But hey it's all pretty subjective anyway.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
I played the 3DS version and it always looked fine, ya'll are just babies.
"B-but what about 8-player smash?"
Who the **** even plays that mode?
This comment threw me two ways.

Like first I was like if you haven't played 8 player smash with 7 other friends, then fam you missed the best thing about Smash 4.

But like alsoooooooo in the context of this post, who the **** is playing 8 player smash with 7 other friends in handheld mode XD

>Having more than 1 pair of joycons
****ing bourgeois
*Looks at his stack of 8 different colored joycons*
Look I'm gay and I like my rainbows leave me alone.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I know i'm probably late on this, but Incineroar's name on the Korean page translates to something...Fitting of character 69.

It's hilarious.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Previously I did a wanted list of DLC that I, y'know, wanted.

template dlc1.png

And now here's the list of the things my stupid brain actually expects.

template dlc2.png

Notice the lack of Katalina. I think it symbolizes another thing I lack: any care for her existence

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Woah, look at Mr. Moneybags here...
Lmao, I'm almost 30, it's just called being old. I'm getting an extra copy since both my girlfriend and I have a switch, so if I have a smashfest I'll have more set-ups.

D

Deleted member

This comment threw me two ways.

Like first I was like if you haven't played 8 player smash with 7 other friends, then fam you missed the best thing about Smash 4.

But like alsoooooooo in the context of this post, who the **** is playing 8 player smash with 7 other friends in handheld mode XD
You mean you've never gone to a spontaneous roof party and busted out your Switch w/ 7 other joycons to play some Ultimate?

Noipoi

Howdy!
Lmao, I'm almost 30, it's just called being old. I'm getting an extra copy since both my girlfriend and I have a switch, so if I have a smashfest I'll have more set-ups.
Woah, look at Mr "I got a Woman to tolerate me" here...

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

View attachment 176749

Notice the lack of Katalina. I think it symbolizes another thing I lack: any care for her existence
Could you not have chosen, like literally any font better than that, lmao.

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
Lol, I wish someone would make an edited version of Incineroar's splash screen as to where it says "Kencineroar" and Incineroar's head is Ken's, with the text saying something like, "Kencineroar boxes the competition!"

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule

View attachment 176749

Aww, you say "Todd Howard forcing Skyrim ads in" like it's a bad thing...

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Bruh, I bought the digital copy just for the 15 hours or so it'll take to deliver the physical copy.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Nah, not me.
I got it physical because holding the case gives me a sense of childish joy.
I love the feeling of having a physical copy myself but I seriously can’t wait to play this game that I preordered the digital version. That way I can stay up until I receive the download code email, start downloading, go to sleep and have the game ready for me to play in the morning. I’m just an impatient person when it comes to certain things.

D

Deleted member

I'm buying digital. I bought a 32GB micro SD card back in August for this game and I will use it.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Physical or bust: I just like the feeling of having a stack of physical games.

Also hoping that it has natty reversible cover art

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
That would be like if Pokemon fans expected to get their favourite Pokemon, though.
Sceptile is my favorite (non-legendary) Pokemon.
Of course Pokemon is the one franchise where relevancy ACTUALLY matters.

It almost looked like it would happen...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom