• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman
Of course Sora makes more sense but with Kingdom Hearts being a Playstation exclusive I'm not sure the'd want to do that. So while it would have more chances if it came out a couple of years earlier I would cry of joy if Octopath got in. And I would jump around if there were at least some spirits.
Kingdom Hearts *used* to be a Sony exclusive but soon like after the first game half the series was released exclusively first on Nintendo platforms for many years and only recently got re-released in bundles for the PS4. KH3 is the newest game and is coming to the Xbox as well as the PS4 and has a possibility of getting a Switch port, KH is a third party IP not a first party.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
*looks at signature*

Yeah, that's true.
Hey man, if you wanna be hit with a sword the entire length of final destination, you do you.

But count me oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooout

Eremitaviola

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-5198-1572-7120
Kingdom Hearts has games on Nintendo consoles.
Oh, right I forgot about DDD. Haven't played it so I don't really count it much. There are also some GBA games I think? I guess that makes him more likely. I'm sure he'd be fun

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The people of the modern era can be a bunch of easily triggered ****s sometimes
Yeah, how dare some folks be offended by a (certainly unintentional) racist stereotype! The nerve.

It's just kind of funny to me that people are offended about other people being offended by this. Frankly I applaud Nintendo for changing it. Progress, and such.

D

Deleted member

Not gonna lie, this is a bit offtopic but I think itit's hilarious about how people are going "Hmmph! People are just too sensitive these days/The left is too sensitive" when this year I made a tweet going "Logan Paul recording his visit in Japan's suicide forest and a corpse there was bad and disrespectful to the culture, not to mention illegal" and some ****head went "GWEN DON'T TELL ME YOU'RE A LEFTIST?!" unironically, in horror at me condemning that garbage
Trust me, those people have the wrong mindset. There's a difference between having an unpopular opinion and defacing an entire nationality and country for the entire world to see, with especially including a ****ing corpse of someone who committed suicide.

Union of Darkness

Smash Ace
Welp, it's happening.

I can't help but kinda feel bad for Sakurai, it must mean a little extra work. At least it doesn't seem to be too bad.
My god. I've had just about enough of this SJW nonsense.
"Hey guys, Mario is based on a stereotypical depiction of an Italian. You should remove his mustache."

D

Deleted member

I meant my signature.

Sephiroth's in there.
Oh. Well, uh....Look over there! A waifu!
Hey man, if you wanna be hit with a sword the entire length of final destination, you do you.

If FF gets a second character, I'd like it to be Cecil Harvey honestly.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I have to wonder what would've happened if they didn't remove it. Some initial backlash, a few negative articles, twitter being twitter, but nothing that would seriously impede this game's sales, and then eventually something else would capture peoples' ire.

I mean I get why they removed it. I'm just wondering if there would've been anything significant that happened if they didn't.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Oh, right I forgot about DDD. Haven't played it so I don't really count it much. There are also some GBA games I think? I guess that makes him more likely. I'm sure he'd be fun
There's 4 KH games for Nintend systems.
Chain of Memories for the GBA
358/2 Days for the DS
Re:Coded for the DS
And Dream Drop Distance for the 3DS

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I kind of fear sakurai's latest tweet is another way of telling people to lower their expectations
Luckily, my expectations are baaaaaaaaaase-line.
I'm at rock bottom so it can only go up from here...
except maybe lower if we got another ad character

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
No more Pokemon characters, unless its Bryony and Celosia doing a strip tease on a Lysandre Cafe stage.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
As unlikely as it is, Persona 5 representation in smash would be amazing purely for the music and stage that would come with it.
"A RIIIIVER IN A DRYYY LAAAND!"

Btw, it's weird how Persona 5 boss themes are always rock and such, where the rest of the OST is jazz.

KMDP

Smash Legend

Clearly the only way to beat Bayonetta.

D

Deleted member

No more Pokemon characters, unless its Bryony and Celosia doing a strip tease on a Team Flare hideout stage.
...Oddly specific....

Btw, it's weird how Persona 5 boss themes are always rock and such, where the rest of the OST is jazz.
I'd like to see Persona implement more of Digital Devil Saga's soundtrack style in the future.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
I have to wonder what would've happened if they didn't remove it. Some initial backlash, a few negative articles, twitter being twitter, but nothing that would seriously impede this game's sales, and then eventually something else would capture peoples' ire.

I mean I get why they removed it. I'm just wondering if there would've been anything significant that happened if they didn't.
your answer is: probably not but eventually these things do catch up if they're not addressed in game biz.

The perfect example of this is EA with Battlefront 2. They've made dozens of faulty mistakes on similar scales before and never received so much as a small tap on the back; If any other company had done what they did with Battlefront, I assure you they wouldn't be met with as much scrutiny.

Companies do this to protect their own hide. It's in their best interest.

(Hope I answered well for the thread)

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
If you want a game in just for the OST, might I recommend The World Ends With You.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

I mean, the decision to remove it won't impact sales either?

Also can people stop with the "PEOPLE TOO SENSITIVE" cause like, back in the good old days, people were so sensitive to the fact a comedy movie made jokes about Christianity and banned it for a while. That's a lot more thinskinned than people would let you believe people were like then

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
Yeah but at least the Nazi march was done by the bad guys, I think there's some wiggle room there.

Specifically speaking the controversy wasn't over the feather, it was about the game the attack is actually referencing, where you're like a cowboy killing natives or something, idk, John Wayne ****

Nintendo's solution was just take off the feather
I know, but that’s just it. The feather is the reason anyone knows where it’s from. I find that funny. Because that’s also kinda....stereotyping?

Good on Nintendo for covering the bases. I’m just surprised at this compared to the march scene.

The bad guys did it, but it likens them to perpetraters of the holocaust. That was also much more recent than the type of situation presented in the old Game and Watch.

The implications of Native Americans being at odds with European immigrants shouldn’t be MORE concerning than the implications of nazis in media. Both of them involve genocide.

It’s weird that this is the one. And that this one only applies to the U.S.

To clarify, I am not bothered by their choice. I just find the issue interesting because of the outcome, when even the nazi march in a Disney film for children isn’t the worst reference that was entirely ignored in children’s media before it.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
4 exclusive games (Until they were ported to ps3 and 4 later)
Well PS3/4 only have the cutscenes from Days and Re:Coded so they're still kind of exlcusive I guess. Chain of Memories was remade for PS2 then ported to PS3/4. Also Re:Coded is a remake of a mobile game so at best there's one exclusive left.

TeamFlareZakk

...Oddly specific....

I'd like to see Persona implement more of Digital Devil Saga's soundtrack style in the future.
Celosia would be a better choice than any Pokemon, just have her use her Aegislash like a sword and go crazy like she does in the manga when she uses it.. Her taints can be various strip teases and Flare poses.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
I kind of fear sakurai's latest tweet is another way of telling people to lower their expectations
There's two sides to this coin though. Sakurai mentioned getting the Fighter's Pack if you have confidence in it. Now put 2 and 2 together and you have a pack based on Nintendo's list of shills characters, and only 5 of those will be characters he thinks will be best for Smash. Even if they end up being boring/safe picks, they might be the lesser of evils while the ones who were denied could be potentially way worse. Just something to consider.

Bolshoi

Smash Journeyman
Chain of Memories, which is a retelling of KH1 with cards.

D

Deleted member

People complained to Rockstar about how terrible the crunch weeks were for the developers of Red Dead Redemption 2.
People still bought it regardless.

It's literally just knee-jerk responses and reactions, just like the Smash Ultimate November Direct. Yes, it was not a good Nintendo Direct. But do you think that's gonna matter? Absolutely ****ing not, because you know it's gonna sell gangbusters, regardless.

Anyways, sorry for breaking out into Serious Scott, y'all. Just please know Nintendo and Sakurai isn't racist and this was all misunderstanding. We all come from different countries, but we have to also understand each other. We're all in this boat together, and while of course, you can't change what a country believes in, we can all try to learn and see where we can go.

There's your TED Talk, I guess. Let's talk about Smash now. Rex & Pyra and Geno for Smash Ultimate DLC anyone?

ClaTheBae

Smash Master

I honestly cannot think of an OST more enjoyable than P5. The tracks are amazing as standalone songs, as well as being very effective in setting a tone for whatever situation you're in. The genre shifts are very well done

D

Deleted member

your answer is: probably not but eventually these things do catch up if they're not addressed in game biz.

The perfect example of this is EA with Battlefront 2. They've made dozens of faulty mistakes on similar scales before and never received so much as a small tap on the back; If any other company had done what they did with Battlefront, I assure you they wouldn't be met with as much scrutiny.

Companies do this to protect their own hide. It's in their best interest.

(Hope I answered well for the thread)
The modern day journalist is the biggest joke of a working individual, so really I don't care what they get outraged over. They can cry all they want for I care. They can call me once they want to be taken seriously again.

Last edited by a moderator:

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
Hey guys, what's going on in this threa--

>scaremongering and handwringing over "people these days being too darned sensitive"

I'm going to end up getting into an off-topic argument in the general thread again, aren't I?

EDIT: nvm, the arguing's already started. Looks like I'm safe for now.

Last edited:

Sysreq

Smash Ace

I think avoiding that period of time where all the negative press is happening is probably just worth it in the long run. The only boon I could see is on-the-fence fans buying the game to spite the "ess-jay-dubyahs" for being "too sensitive."

TeamFlareZakk

Actually it would be pretty cool if Linkle was added as a new Zelda character.. Oh yay 4 Links, but Linkle would hands down be the best of all of them.

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman
There's one GBA game chain of memories, two DS games 358/2 days and re-coded. and one 3DS game that being DDD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom