• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Oh, so dlc is probbaly just going to be boring shill picks. This would explain katalina and means the SE rep is probably DQ. That’s kinda disappointing

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Ah **** RIP Phoenix my boy. I never expected it but at least we got early closure.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Great! The DLC Line up is finished. So it was done by Nintendo mainly? I wonder if that has a negative impact for the chances of Banjo-Kazooie happening? And I wonder if they chose Dixie Kong as one of the DLC characters?

Pizzanigs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pizzanigs
This really throws me for a loop because Banjo is my most wanted and I really don't know if this helps or hurts him lol

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
https://twitter.com/Sora_Sakurai
For your viewing pleasure, folks.

Based on Sakurai's wording, it seems DLC will be one of two things:
1. Exclusively first-party characters based on Nintendo approaching him for ideas
2. Anything they think will sell the Fighter's Pack, which isn't necessarily first-party only
You're having a LAUGH if you think option 1 is a real option

2 is interesting

Troykv

Smash Master
Hmm, so Nintendo decided it, not Sakurai...
It seems we'll have mostly characters that make sense for corporations (specifically Nintendo of course)... This will a... curious election; this will be probably the first time since Corrin? That some external people was the reason a character appeared in Smash.

Cereal Bawks

Smash Ace
NNID
cereal_bawks
Wait, so how would there even be a new Square Enix character? Did Sakurai just deconfirm all the leaks about a second SE rep going around?

Thermithral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
blahara
3DS FC
1375-7535-6452
Switch FC
6524 3241 3725
If it means the DLC will have more first party inclusions, I am all for it.

Just one more month...

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Wait, so how would there even be a new Square Enix character? Did Sakurai just deconfirm all the leaks about a second SE rep going around?
Why are we jumping to this so fast

DQ is on the Switch
Geno is Nintendo in all but company (this makes sense trust me)

Sora may seem a bit wackier now but still definitely in the running

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
You're having a LAUGH if you think option 1 is a real option

2 is interesting
Strikes me as him saying 'this **** was the higher ups' decision to make - it's out of my hands, like it or not.'

Oh god, we're getting Katalina, aren't we?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Y'all aren't gonna give up on Geno on my watch. Would Nintendo REALLY forget about all the requests, answered back to the King K. Rool fans, and remembered to put Super Mario RPG on the SNES Mini?

I mean look. We give Nintendo ****. Like a lot. Mainly we do it because we love them and wanna set them in the right direction. But I feel we give them less credit sometimes where it's needed.

At the end of the day, we already knew that in the end, Smash Bros. isn't in Sakurai's hands, it's in Nintendo's hands, whether or not they wanna make another game, do whatever with it, etc. While this is a bit of a surprise, Sakurai still has massive stake in DLC planning. He's the Director after all.

Let's not jump the gun just yet for not just Geno, but any character. But I will say, though... It seems like a VGA announcement is imminent.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Strikes me as him saying 'this **** was the higher ups' decision to make - i's out of my hands, like it or not.'

Oh god, we're getting Katalina, aren't we?
I don't think so, I think it's just him being transparent, because it's NOT out of his hands.
He specifically notes it did indeed come down to him to see if they could pull the character off.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
Yeah, I'm gonna wait to see who the first DLC character is before buying that season pass. Maybe the second one as well.

If Nintendo's logic is 'more Mario filler' then I might sit it out

Cereal Bawks

Smash Ace
NNID
cereal_bawks
Why are we jumping to this so fast

DQ is on the Switch
Geno is Nintendo in all but company (this makes sense trust me)

Sora may seem a bit wackier now but still definitely in the running
I took it as only Nintendo was involved in deciding the DLC, which would exclude any third parties.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Y'all aren't gonna give up on Geno on my watch. Would Nintendo REALLY forget about all the requests, answered back to the King K. Rool fans, and remembered to put Super Mario RPG on the SNES Mini?

I mean look. We give Nintendo ****. Like a lot. Mainly we do it because we love them and wanna set them in the right direction. But I feel we give them less credit sometimes where it's needed.

At the end of the day, we already knew that in the end, Smash Bros. isn't in Sakurai's hands, it's in Nintendo's hands, whether or not they wanna make another game, do whatever with it, etc. While this is a bit of a surprise, Sakurai still has massive stake in DLC planning. He's the Director after all.

Let's not jump the gun just yet for not just Geno, but any character. But I will say, though... It seems like a VGA announcement is imminent.
Mario RPG being on the SNES Mini is.
Interesting.

That's all I can say, whether it means Nintendo would push for him or not I don't know.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Well now the question is, who does Nintendo want?

Thanks Scott.

Keyblader_Of_Smash

Smash Cadet
I think this tweet kinda changes things. I wouldn’t count Geno and Banjo out yet but I think a DQ Rep and Steve are rising really high.

On an unrelated note, I wish we could confirm if AT can become characters in the same game. I just started playing Golden Sun and now i’m Starting to feel residual pain that Isaac isn’t a character. Lol

D

Deleted member

I’d say this drastically lowers Geno’s chances. I don’t think he’s marketable enough.

monadoboy

Smash Lord
Nintendo choosing the DLC, huh?
I'm actually not scared about it, tbh. Even if they did some promotional characters, I've loved both Roy and Corrin.
Also Elma's chances jumped up just a bit, in my opinion. They'll want (and must) promote the **** out of the eventual Xeno X port.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
You mean Phoenix Wright, I assume?

Zinith Zinith Cute avatar you have there, Zinith.
I sure do.

Bit sad but we prosper. The roster is still amazing.

But now I am bit wary of the DLC. Nintendo will either hit or miss this like they always do.

Cyberfire

Smash Journeyman
Oh no. Something tells me he knows the DLC choices will be unconventional, but his hands are tied and he is letting us down gently.

Or its just Japanese modesty.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I think this tweet kinda changes things. I wouldn’t count Geno and Banjo out yet but I think a DQ Rep and Steve are rising really high.

On an unrelated note, I wish we could confirm if AT can become characters in the same game. I just started playing Golden Sun and now i’m Starting to feel residual pain that Isaac isn’t a character. Lol
I’d say this drastically lowers Geno’s chances. I don’t think he’s marketable enough.
Nintendo knows Geno is marketable to an extent. The Mii Costume being so emphasized for example. Mario RPG IS on the SNES Mini.

D

Deleted member

Wow Rex just ****ing died even harder then he did in the Nov. 1st direct

Press F boys (or don't, I don't care)

D

Deleted member

So, which characters would be in Nintendo's best interests for DLC then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom