• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Is it me or does every character have almost zero landing lag on all of their moves?

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
It irritates me now because the game isn't out and I want to hear Ike's voice, and Snake's, and Marth's, and I want to hear the ****ing good music playing on the stage. and I want to hear the new victory themes, and I can't because the announcers are 4x the volume of the ****ing gameplay. When the game comes out though, and I can listen to this stuff whenever I want, and I'm watching a competitive game I'll probably prefer the announcers. Perspective.
I dunno, the announcers try to hype me up with their bombastic attitudes and it either makes them look fake or incredibly immature. Seriously, a potato could be a playable character with it's only ability being rolling slowly and they'd be screaming their heads off whenever someone picks them in a tournament.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

Is it me or does every character have almost zero landing lag on all of their moves?
Yeah, everyone's gotten at least half or more of their aerial endlag shaved off.
Sorta an auto-Lcancel if you will.

DaybreakHorizon

A Believing Heart
Premium
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Here’s my take on this,

Feb/March - PP
April/May 1st Pack
June E3 - 2nd Pack
Sep/Oct - 3rd Pack
Dec - 4th Pack
Feb 2019 - 5th Pack

Though I agree we could see two packs release at once, and makes sense for E3.
I honestly believe the first pack will either release with or shortly after Piranha Plant. If it's the Square Enix rep, this has been in the works since at least September, if not longer given that Verge's source for the SE Rep either has to do with development or play-testing. Either that or the first and second packs will release together after E3 2019. Pack 1 gets revealed at the VGAs for a Summer 2019 release, Pack 2 gets revealed at E3 and BAM they release together on the same day.

Imagine if we get Sora and Steve together on the same day. How much chaos would that cause?
Wait when does spawn wave hint at Sora? He doesn’t even seem like someone with sources
@TotsBS and @Nekoo sick 'em boys.

Yes, it does.

And it's beautiful.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I honestly believe the first pack will either release with or shortly after Piranha Plant. If it's the Square Enix rep, this has been in the works since at least September, if not longer given that Verge's source for the SE Rep either has to do with development or play-testing. Either that or the first and second packs will release together after E3 2019. Pack 1 gets revealed at the VGAs for a Summer 2019 release, Pack 2 gets revealed at E3 and BAM they release together on the same day.

Imagine if we get Sora and Steve together on the same day. How much chaos would that cause?
Cutting it a bit short to that 2020 end date though, aren't we?

That'd put us halfway through the year with only Piranha Plant,

Sysreq

Smash Ace
> New user in SmashBoards
> Rex & Pyra for Smash
> Tidus from Final Fantasy X for Smash

Oh we're gonna get along real well.

Haha, thank you. Rex & Pyra were my most wanted so that costume was like a gut punch. I talked about it with my brother (also a Smash fan) who has no real investment in Xenoblade and he seems convinced that they could still be DLC, so /shrug.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'd like to make a Public Service Announcement.

Sakurai can make Isaac and Shadow an Assist Trophy.
Sakurai can remove trophies.
Sakurai can put us Geno and Rex fans into limbo.

However. Flies and Hand from Mario Paint is an Assist Trophy.

If Sakurai can't put this banger from Mario Paint in Smash Ultimate, this game will not deserve the "Greatest Game of All-Time" honor.

Please, Sakurai.

That theme is already a part of the Mario Paint Medley that was in Smash 4.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
What was your favorite fake leak during Ultimate's reveal from now to all the way back when?

I think the Meteos leak was one of the best ones totally not because i partially destroyed it visually. Was pretty creative, too.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
What was your favorite fake leak during Ultimate's reveal from now to all the way back when?

I think the Meteos leak was one of the best ones totally not because i partially destroyed it visually. Was pretty creative, too.
Spring Man and Decidueye. Still only leak with gameplay video, afaik.

Shroob

Sup?

As a fan of a good dose of schadenfreude, seeing Loz18 get blown out was pretty great.

The fact that he even had the gall to show up here looking for attention most likely... I saw right through him.

Noipoi

Howdy!

The Grinch leak, because now the Grinch is forever associated with Smash bros.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
As a fan of a good dose of schadenfreude, seeing Loz18 get blown out was pretty great.

The fact that he even had the gall to show up here looking for attention most likely... I saw right through him.
What do you think Loz is doing these days? Doing his taxes like a law-abiding citizen?

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
It irritates me now because the game isn't out and I want to hear Ike's voice, and Snake's, and Marth's, and I want to hear the ****ing good music playing on the stage. and I want to hear the new victory themes, and I can't because the announcers are 4x the volume of the ****ing gameplay. When the game comes out though, and I can listen to this stuff whenever I want, and I'm watching a competitive game I'll probably prefer the announcers. Perspective.
Literally all I was trying to do was hear if Young Link was using his old OoT/Melee voice clips or if they brought Fujiko Takimoto in to record new ones, but people just won't stop talking over all the gameplay, lol.

LetterO

Smash Lord
Oh yeah, apparently Sonic takes damage just from swimming in water now.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433

Yeah, landing is super safe now.

Same as the universal 3-frame jump squat, gonna do heaps for a lot of characters.

Potato_

Smash Lord

The one with Skull Kid and Bandana Dee on a redone Poke Floats. The hot air balloons.

Fantastic idea for a stage, and they had two characters I really wanted. Quality wasn't complete ass either.

Lived like, half a day before the dude came out?

But that half a day gave me hope goddammit.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
How "fast" is Ultimate looking to be compared to other Smash games? Brawl tier? 4 tier? Or maybe even... Melee 64 tier?
Seems to be somewhere between Smash 4 and Melee in terms of speed.

Yeah, landing is super safe now.

Same as the universal 3-frame jump squat, gonna do heaps for a lot of characters.
Ahh... Bowser with a 3 frame jumpsquat.
That makes me happy.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
I think I'm one of the few people that didn't have any kind huge emotion from the Grinch leak being fake, since most of the characters in the leak are ones I didn't have personal investment on (Back then I mostly played on the DS (and Ps2/Wii) which unfortuntely doesn't have any reps aside of Lucario), so when it was deconfirmed I was like: "Yeah, okay that's a bummer that Mach Rider is not confirmed but alright". I was actually a bit excited that Piranha plant was revealed and also really like Incineroars moveset.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.

I really liked the NeoGaf one because it meant we got Isaac, Felix and another FF character.

If we got Terra we could have gotten Dancing Mad in Smash.

****ing Dancing Mad

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Oh yeah, apparently Sonic takes damage just from swimming in water now.

Nice little nod to Sonic's inability to swim.
But if Sonic takes damage from swimming in water, Inklings are just gonna lose all their stocks as soon as they touch it.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
I think I'm one of the few people that didn't have any kind huge emotion from the Grinch leak being fake, since most of the characters in the leak are ones I didn't have personal investment on (Back then I mostly played on the DS (and Ps2/Wii) which unfortuntely doesn't have any reps aside of Lucario), so when it was deconfirmed I was like: "Yeah, okay that's a bummer that Mach Rider is not confirmed but alright". I was actually a bit excited that Piranha plant was revealed and also really like Incineroars moveset.
It didn't bother me too much either.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord

The Bandanna Dee/Skull Kid one, with the Poke Floats stage. Because it looked amazing. And I really wanted those 2 characters and Poke Floats. Lasted for a few hours, but man it looked good (too good really, which was why it was so easy to debunk)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom