• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LetterO

Smash Lord
He specifically said less newcomers.
Deconfirming most fan favorites means less chance for DLC. Plus he seems to have already planned all DLC, so fans dont even get a chance to beg for their most wanted post game

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Is it possible to maybe.....not do joke characters?
Just because you don't like joke characters doesn't mean no one else does.

Judging from the poll, more people are hyped for Piranha Plant then by Incineroar. Although admittedly part of that may have been that Incineroar was leaked beforehand.

Potato_

Smash Lord
At 32:06 in the direct Sakurai literally says:
"We decided which fighters to include when we started planning, so we couldn't add characters from titles like Xenoblade Chronicles 2, which was announce after planning had started"

The text underneath him while he's saying this: While Rex didn't quite make the roster

Look I really wanted Rex as DLC, but this the most blatant deconfirmation you can get.
Oh no you misunderstood me, I actually don't give a **** about Rex tbh.

When he said that I understood it as for the base game, but maybe that does make more sense considering they were on the topic of DLC. My bad.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Y'all got burn by your own expectation. Thru the course of three games i have learnt to temper my expection.

Y'all ran wild with imagination and now u blame Sakurai? Br grateful. We got Ridley, K Rool and Simon dammit.

I'm only pissed that there's no demo and the lack of single players games like break the targets and a proper all star mode.
Well my response to this is
aa0.png

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Oh- and here is the exact situation for Vergeben's and the Square enix character~

I have a list of names (some more recurring than others) that have been shared with me, but I don't want to share them since multiple names are being put out to mess with leakers since Square Enix has a strong and intolerant stance against leaks. It doesn't benefit me to share them, and it could possibly get people fired since that's the point of why they are trying to fool their own employees.
Nintendo has been complying to try and keep it under wraps on their end too.
All I can say with certainty is a Square Enix character is definitely coming to the game as DLC as one of the 5 DLC fighters.
source
Except I never backed any Square Enix character. I never listed any of the names I heard it might be either due to how Square Enix handles leaks. But there will be a Square Enix character coming as DLC. Square Enix likes their guests to be DLC. You all should have caught on to this when you look at Square Enix guest characters in others.
source

I'm wondering if he allowed himself to comment on Geno before because he actually never heard of it's name on his list.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
Just because you don't like joke characters doesn't mean no one else does.

Judging from the poll, more people are hyped for Piranha Plant then by Incineroar. Although admittedly part of that may have been that Incineroar was leaked beforehand.
Tbh if I heard about a Pirana plant making it in I would be all over it

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
ken-comparison.gif

In case the taunt being the same wasn't obvious enough, I figured I'd make this gif to show off that the Ken from the image leak has the same render as Ken does in the final game, even though it's a little hard to tell.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Am I really one of the few people who loved the direct from start to finish?

I wasn't even part of the whole "team"-thing in regards to the Banner/Grinch leak, just wanted to make that clear again. I'm satisfied with pretty much everything that got revealed today. More than, actually.

monadoboy

Smash Lord
I keep looking at Piranha Plant's trailer, and my god does he have the fastest spike in the game? That **** looked frame 3.
Piranha Plant replaces Bayonetta as this game's OP character and everyone starts questioning when did the timelines got ****ed up.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Oh- and here is the exact situation for Vergeben's and the Square enix character~

source

source

I'm wondering if he allowed himself to comment on Geno before because he actually never heard of it's name on his list.
Maybe we'll get more FF stuff as DLC even if the character comes from a different IP...

Cyberfire

Smash Journeyman
Well, Spawn-Wave seems to be still believing in a Game Awards reveals
Well that’s certainly not outside the realm of possibility, although I feel Nintendo would want to keep their reveals in house.

It’s have to be a significant 3rd Party for it to have any impact at an event like that though.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Just realized my slim hopes for a Spring Man DLC died today too :(

Suppose he'll likely be a contender for smash 6 when ever that is.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

Piranha Plant is a blessing in disguise, I thought it was hella funny as a joke.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Is it possible to maybe.....not do joke characters?
Some of us really like joke characters, though. My cousin's been freaking out about how he now wants to main a friggin' piranha plant.

There's merit to both catering to the most vocal parts of the community and the more casual audiences.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I guess we're getting Sora and Disney's name in the credits.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - Sponsored by Disney! & Knuckles (may or may not feature Dante from the Devil May Cry series)

I know Sora is owned by Square Enix as well, but Disney does have some of the rights so...

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
No because K Rool has a spirits sticker as well
Couldn't one make the argument that King K. Rool was already confirmed playable even before his Spirit icon was shown? In Smash 4, when K. Rool's mii costume was revealed, I remember people arguing he could still get in because Captain Falcon already had a costume, or something along those lines. As for the Lucas and Mewtwo trophies in Smash 4, those were already in a previous Smash game at the time. I could be wrong though. Nothing is totally set in stone yet.

Last edited:

7982Brick

Smash Cadet
Can’t believe Banjo still has a chance for DLC. I feel really bad for Isaac fans I kinda wanted him to be a playable fighter.

KMDP

Smash Legend
We better evolve from Grinch ****posts to Little Shop Of Horrors ****posts.
At first it was Goku.

Then it was Shrek.

Then the Grinch came to town.

Finally, we have Audrey II.

♪♫♪ One of these things is not like the others, one of these things just doesn't belong... ♫♪♫

Iridium

Smash Hero
Shroob Shroob , I didn't get to see the Treehouse Live. Was there anything good shown off? The VoDs don't seem to be up right now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom