• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Actually, Im fine with the final reveal because I wanted Incineroar anyway, only thing to do is keep positive hopes for dlc characters.

Oh and btw was totes LMAO at that plant as a playable character. :laugh:

Last edited:

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
I'm confused at the people who did want the game and now don't. I thought we unanimously agreed that this game was going to be great after Ridley was revealed. I don't recall anyone saying "This game looks great but if my character doesn't get in or if they reveal a plant I'm not getting it"
Most people who said that only said it in the hype of the moment.
Your one-man crusade is doing nothing but making you look ridiculous tbh.
Oh I know. I don't really mean most of this **** anyways. I'm just trying to vent my salt without saying something that could get me an infraction.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
I think it's eshop specifically for digital purchases.
The UK Direct made it sound like you can only get Piranha Plant if you:

A) Cash in Nintendo Gold points, or...
B) Pre-ordered the game.

Hmm...

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Japanese direct has 4,6 K likes and 153 dislikes atm. Take it however you like.

EDIT: English one is 33 K likes vs 2,3 K dislikes. People who disliked the direct are still a vocal minority.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
The UK Direct made it sound like you can only get Piranha Plant if you:

A) Cash in Nintendo Gold points.
B) Pre-ordered the game.

Hmm...
And the 50-fact Extravaganza made it sound like you could only get Mewtwo if you bought both the Wii U and 3DS versions.

I wouldn't worry about it.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
I was thinking about this character+stage+song newcomer bundle.
If the stage must be of the new character along with the new music... then already represented franchises will suffer.
Let's take the most adorable Nintendo character for example, Dixie Kong.
What could Dixie brings as a stage and music that Donkey Kong doesn't have yet ?
We even got music from DKC2 because of K.Rool. Almost the same thing applies to Bandana Dee, hard to bring a stage and music that seems necessary,

If they want to build a bundle of new character+stage and music... We can wait for franchises not yet on Smash Bros.

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
I just remembered, didn't Petey Pirahna have unused animations from smash 4? Was Pirahna Plant planned all that time ago?

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Even though the treehouse guys aren't very good, still cool to see footage of some of the new characters! :)

D

Deleted member

The people claiming they're no longer buying the game because of their favourite not being in are lying to themselves or less mature than a fetus
It’s just a spur of the moment reaction. People calm down after a day or so.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I was disappointed that Mr. Grinch fooled a lot of us (technically MarioTehRosalinaAmiiboScalper), but I'm still going to enjoy the game and hope a few of my favorites end up as DLC.

I'm probably gonna main Ice Climbers (duh), King K. Rool, Piranha Plant, and a bunch of other characters.

Also, here's a quick icon edit for Piranha Plant:

Piranha Plant (Poison, Paper Mario).png

Last edited:

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Newcomer opinions:
  • Petey Piranha is my 2nd favorite Mario character right behind Bowser so Piranha Plant's inclusion is welcome by me.
  • Ken is just Ken.
  • Incineroar looks full of personality, sad he's not really a grappler, but I'll play him.
  • BIG F to everyone who was deconfirmed, I personally lost my boy Rex today...
  • Rabbid Peach as a Spirit gives me hopes for Rayman as DLC
  • Vergeben is still banking on Minecraft content so Banjo is also not out of the picture. Also great news for me.

XLIFE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
fevariblaze
Yeah most of these characters were pretty marketable. Though Incineroar had a mixed reception in terms of Pokemon too, because he stands on two legs or some dumb **** like that.

I think we sometimes miss that simply due to a lack in perspective is all, and we're all guilty of that to varying degrees.
Poor Incineroar got ****ed over twice by leaks. First he's leaked from Sun/Moon and everyone hates him because they think he's another bipedal FireFighter, then a Smash leak promising 7 requested characters creates expectations too high to meet and his reveal is also met with disappointment.

Give this cat a break, he's actually really neat.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Piranha Plant was just confirmed as a playable character. While I love the idea of him and how he looks, I don't think its safe to assume anything at this point. Are more 3rd parties likely? Square is pretty likely, so sure, why not? But for all 5 of them to be 3rd party? I wouldn't take that bet. We've got a lot of characters that can still be playable from existing 1st party franchises.
Another Mario rep isn't impossible (plenty from main series or they could grab someone from Paper Mario)
Another Zelda rep is definitely possible (they could do Impa as a unique or semi-clone rather than a straight Echo)
Another Final Fantasy/Square rep is easy (Sephiroth; Terra or Celes from VI, Crono from Chrono Trigger, any MC or even Jade from Dragon Quest)
Another Pokemon in the form of an Ultra Beast or Necrozma
Another Sonic character (I know people wanted Shadow, but Tails, Metal Sonic, or even Dr. Eggman could easily be brought in to much applause)
Another Fire Emblem character is probably one of the easiest to actually do
The list goes on

Its not impossible, but I sincerely doubt all 5 would be 3rd party characters. To be honest, I'm surprised there wasn't something that catered more solely to Japanese Audiences.
Yeah, Fire Emblem probably will get another promotional character for 3 Houses. Even Pokemon has that opportunity to rep Gen 8, possibly (imagine the salt).

I'm like 90% sure the SE Rep will be Sora, considering Kingdom hearts 3 is a 13 year investment to a lot of people and he's 2nd only to Cloud.

Other than that I feel like DLC will be reserved for more 3rd parties though. Bamco, Capcom, or Sega may get another character.

My biggest guess is the possibility of Banjo. I feel like Minecraft will be more related to Mii costumes imo, but We'll see.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Japanese direct has 4,6 B likes and 153 dislikes atm. Take it however you like.
I was quite shocked how low the dislikes were on the English one despite my perception of the general reactions. But that's what an echo chamber looks like (and this is coming from someone who respectfully did not like it). :upsidedown:

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
The more i think about it - to me it makes a lot of sense if one of the DLC Packs was Jack Frost with New SMT Stage and Music. Atlus have a very close relationship with Nintendo and SMT has appeared a lot on Nintendo platforms and with SMTV being an exclusive i could see a Jack Frost reveal in order to concide with SMNT V
Yeah but...

Playable protagonist though.
I haven't been carrying this sig around for a half decade so Mr. Hee-ho could make it in.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
It’s just a spur of the moment reaction. People calm down after a day or so.
I know, hence why I said "lying to themselves"
I just realized something about that DLC character, that Piranha character...

His side B move is from TTYD.
Think you mean the side smash. Though I wonder what's the neutral and side special, as it's either spike ball or poison

Darkmoone1

Smash Apprentice
Really hoping we get some good Richter and Simon Belmont gameplay recorded. Saw some goofing around with them right after the direct, but I'm really interested in how their keep away would operate if done consistently.

TeamFlareZakk

For those wondering about the plant, to get him you have to buy into the game from now until January.. This means if you preordered. still December 7th is in between those dates so ask your local retailer for more details.

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
The real question:

Who will be bumping her booty against daisys booty in the banner?

One of the 5 dlc characters has to be female. Or is it possible... will it be piranha plant???
Shantae was deconfirmed. Not sure who else would really work in that position. ****in' Frisk or someone?

ShadowGamer193

Smash Journeyman
I never though I would see the day this phrase would happens, and it makes me terribly happy, when literally one month ago everyone **** on Sora.
I could never really get into KH, but I hope Sora is in cause it would make a lot of fans happy

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
I just realized something about that DLC character, that Piranha character...

His side B move is from TTYD.
Yep. Putrid Piranha found in Keelhaul Key. And knowing that Sakurai is paying attention to TTYD just gives me another reason to love this plant more.

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
I'm noticing a few people on Twitter saying the season pass killed any desire they had for this game. I can understand that.

Originality

Smash Journeyman
Speak for yourself.
Most people who said that only said it in the hype of the moment.
Fair enough.

I just showed my little sister the trailers for the new characters. She didn't care about Ken or Incineroar but she actually started jumping up and down and getting excited for Piranha Plant. If it makes her happy I'm cool with it. She is also way closer to the target demographic than I am so I guess Nintendo's doing something right.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
For the last time, Spirits don't deconfirm characters.

This is like those people who said Mewtwo couldn't be DLC because he already had a trophy in Smash 4.

Last edited:

TeamFlareZakk

The real question:

Who will be bumping her booty against daisys booty in the banner?

One of the 5 dlc characters has to be female. Or is it possible... will it be piranha plant???
No doubt about it, Cole, Daisy is letting the pigeons loose on dat banner!!

Last edited:

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Hey does anyone have the Banner, Mural, Tapestry, Whatever you call it now that Ken, Incineroar, and Not Koopa Troopa are sure to be on it so i can save it over the last one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom