• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
I kinda want the last character revealed to be Waluigi, because all of the people who were mean to Sakurai don't deserve it.

paper roxy

Smash Ace
Or this is the only time he was confident in it. He did choose the timing, sure, but it doesn't mean he's lying either. He believes in it.

Of course, him being fed bad information is pretty normal these days. He made it his business to work harder on being sure of his sources. And he's sure Isaac is an AT. It's quite possible he only bothered to give this information now because it's actually relevant to what people are discussing. Does it seem spiteful? Sure. I get that. But it's silly to believe he's lying.
yea i dont think verge is that much of a jerk to just lie to spite, but i doubt that his information is reliable

monadoboy

Smash Lord
So, what would be your reaction if tomorrow we got Incineroar, Ken, Celica, and Dante? Sora is revealed at the VGAs as either base roster or DLC releasing shortly after the game releases.
Celica and Dante could be hype.

I was gonna say that I'd rather Celica not be a clone in two crossovers in a row, but Lucina is in the exact same position, so whatever. At least Lucina fights like she should canonically in Warriors, unlike poor Celica being a random Marth clone.

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
Here I come, faster than the rest of them
The best of them, edgier than ever
You can call me Shadow, unlike Sonic I'm not shallow
Oh! Rub that burn with aloe

Chaos Control, my fate is foretold
I shoot 'em all down then I **** and reload
Unlike the rest I'm the ultimate life form
Bet the farm, firearms, settin' off alarms

Born in a test tube in the heavens
My memory of Maria guides me
My duty is to be an edge lord
Where's my Smash invitation?

I'm just a "dark Sonic", guess that's true
But ****in' Dark Pit's in here too

Wrote it in another thread for fun. Felt apt to copy and paste.

That was beautiful. Bravo!

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101

The last line is what got me.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
If we get another Fire Emblem character it'll be through DLC and from Three Houses (Likely Edelgard) to promote the game.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
yea i dont think verge is that much of a jerk to just lie to spite, but i doubt that his information is reliable
With a perfect track record for Smash Utlimate? He's the most reliable we got right now. I get the skepticism though.

I never said Vergeben said Geno or Banjo were Assist Trophies, what I said was that saying that would hurt, but it also wouldn't make any sense.
Your wording confused me. My bad.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Hey everyone, I'm feeling so hype. Just a couple more hours to go and all (or most) of our question will be answered. Leaks or no leaks, show pride and support for your most wanted characters to the end (politely of course) for tomorrow will be the greatest AT War ever to hit all Smash Fans.

Be happy for those who's characters are unscathed from the Melee, and welcomed into the Halls of Smash for fortune smiles fondly on the patient and the lucky, and be respectful, and supportive for those who's characters have fallen in the Brawl, and are AT'ed or lost to the void, for have we ourselves not felt the same pain as others in previous Smash games?

Everybody the time is soon upon us. For. One. Last. Time. List your top 5-10 picks and hope for the best. For those who happen to have all their most wanted characters, list characters that you wish others would get.
1. Amaterasu
2. Elma
3. Shantae
4. Sora
5. Rayman
6. Gardevoir
7. Valkyrie
8. Tetra
9. Fjorm
10. Fi

Honorable Mention: Blaze the Cat, Rex & Pyra, Saber, and Reimu.

[ QUOTE="Alastor017, post: 22634975, member: 405572"]Top 10 Smashboards Profile Pics:
#1: P.Kat P.Kat
#2: Noipoi Noipoi
#3: @Mehdow
#4: @MasterOfKnees
#5: @Idon
#6: @Opossum
#7: @osby
#8: Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom
#9: CosmicQuark CosmicQuark
#10: NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy
Honorable Mentions: @Cristaran @KDMP @Zinith
:)[/QUOTE]
Wow thanks :)

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
So while I am quite sad at the prospect of Shadow and Isaac missing playable status once again, I can get over that. I’m just glad we found before the Direct aired should it turn out that way.

I’d be ecstatic if it’s false and we get those 2, but my expectations have definitely been set for tomorrow. Really, I think a surprise reveal like Elma would be great.

I suppose i’ll mention my other idea for page 6969. I can’t do anything specific, but my humble opinion is that the people who decide to not post “Nice” on that page should get a warning or infraction. Probably a ban, actually.

For effect: IsmaR IsmaR AEMehr AEMehr Smooth Criminal Smooth Criminal NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom

You know what to do!

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Or this is the only time he was confident in it. He did choose the timing, sure, but it doesn't mean he's lying either. He believes in it.

Of course, him being fed bad information is pretty normal these days. He made it his business to work harder on being sure of his sources. And he's sure Isaac is an AT. It's quite possible he only bothered to give this information now because it's actually relevant to what people are discussing. Does it seem spiteful? Sure. I get that. But it's silly to believe he's lying.
Very true. Much better reason honestly. My bad for getting weird about that topic.

This is such a stupid tense time to be a Smash fan

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Okay I'm going to lock in my final predictions: Incineroar, Ken, Celica and Dante, as well as what the whole direct will look like:
Characters
  1. Direct opens with the "Pokemon Masters Trailer". Incineroar is making his way through a Smash tournament, and in the final round, his opponent is Ken.
  2. "I am Masahiro Sakurai, director of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. Welcome to the Final Smash Direct.
  3. "We begin with Incineroar. This fire-type Pokemon fights with wrestling moves. It fights dirty, and gets powered up if you taunt quickly after landing an attack. And it's final Smash, is its signature Z-Move, Malicious Moonsault! Looks quite painful!
  4. We have another trailer to show you.
  5. Celica is fighting hordes of demons, praying for Mila's Divine Protection (which is playing in the background). A man appears in the background, offering to help her. It's Dante from the Devil May Cry series, and the two team up to fight the horde, led by Bayonetta.
  6. "And this is Dante. He's a combo-based fighter, and he has great dodges designed to give him the upper hand. Dante attacks with both a sword, and firearms. Use his down special to switch between them, which changes a lot of moves in his moveset."
  7. There are two more echo fighters to show off. Ken is Ryu's echo fighter, obviously. Pay attention to his multi-hit Shuryuken and Tatsumaki, and his moves have many fiery effects on them. And as for Celica, she echoes Robin. Unlike Robin, Celica does not need tomes to cast magic, but she will take damage for each summon. We've also renamed the spells to better fit the character (clip of Celica saying "Aura").
  8. Pan to the everyone is here banner - updated with the final four characters
Spirits
  1. Yes, everyone is now here. And now I guess you'll need to know how to unlock them. Introducing... Spirits Mode!
  2. Spirits mode is a new mode in this game, where you advance through a labyrinth maze of Master Hand's creation. All of the characters are hidden in the maze as spirits, and you'll need to find them to save them. On the way, you'll encounter many enemies (pan through most of the Smash Run enemies who are here again), as well as bosses (showing Dracula, Rathalos and Metal Face).
  3. In Spirits, you have 5 minutes to run through the maze, collecting as many collectables as you can to try and boost your score. At the end, you will face off against some familiar foes (showing Master Hand and Crazy Hand).
  4. Before starting Spirits mode, you can power your characters up with Spirits, which you can collect in any game mode. These are basically stickers from Super Smash Bros. Brawl. They may be able to help you increase your score.
  5. And yes, this mode can be played with up to 4 people locally and... online
  1. Online play requires a Nintendo Switch Online account, and we've created many different ways you can play. They can be divided into two main modes: Party Smash, and Ranked Smash.
  2. In Party Smash, you'll join a lobby of up to 31 other people. And you'll play many different kinds of games with them. Of course, Standard Smash is here. And you can connect with the Nintendo Switch Online App to voice chat with friends. All stages are available here and items are on.
  3. In Ranked Mode, you can join 1v1 or 2v2 rooms that use Omega and Battlefield stage layouts without items. Your win rate is converted into a number that is publically displayed on the ranking ladder. You can challenge or team up with your friends here, and you can talk with them on voice chat as well.
  4. We are planning to bring back Conquest mode and Tournament mode for online play with some revisions. You can expect to play them early 2019.
Items/AT/Pokemon
  1. And here are some more items.
  2. And some remaining Assist Trophies (rip Isaac and Shadow)
  3. and some Pokemon
Stages
  1. There are five more stages we'd like to show you.
  2. First is Ultra Space, from Pokemon Sun and Moon. This battlefield looks simple, but the Ultra Beasts can show up and change the flow of battle. By the way, some of them will also appear in Spirits Mode as bosses.
  3. This is Duma Tower, from Fire Emblem: Shadows of Valentia. This stage has lava that will flow in occasionally, removing the bottom platform from play temporarily.
  4. <This is where a DMC stage would be but I haven't played DMC so use your imagination as to what this will be>
  5. Here we have the Battle Box, from Undertale. It is just a flat platform like Final Destination, but your in the middle of a battle here. As you fight, bones, spears and other attacks will come into the background that you can use as platforms.
  6. The last stage is Tetris. The screen will slowly fill up with pieces, and you'll be KOed if you get squished by a tetromino. Aim to knock your opponents out through the top of the screen!
Games and More
  1. Here are the remaining modes we have to show off:
  2. Target Blast
  3. Home Run Contest
  4. Multi Man Smash
  5. Stage Builder
  6. Spirit Haul
  7. Master/Crazy Orders
  8. Tournament mode
  9. Special Smash
  10. amiibos
In Closing
  1. Thank you for watching today. We're just about at the launch for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, and I hope you're as excited as we are.
  2. We'll continue to work on the game, and I hope you'll look forward to seeing what is to come. But I suppose you can have a hint, for now
  3. "GUH-HUH" - Banjo's render is shown
  4. Banjo and Kazooie will be joining the roster in 2019 as downloadable content. We're still making this fighter, so please be patient. Additionally, Nintendo Switch Online members will get all of 2019's DLC for free if they purchase a year-long membership before the end of 2018.
  5. Thank you for watching
  6. Trailer for Geno is played, and he will also be DLC in 2019 in February.
This would be hype!

paper roxy

Smash Ace
So, what would be your reaction if tomorrow we got Incineroar, Ken, Celica, and Dante? Sora is revealed at the VGAs as either base roster or DLC releasing shortly after the game releases.
i dont know how i'd feel tbh. i'd be bummed because no geno, but i dont even know who celica or dante are. sora i know but id at least be glad he's dlc so i wouldn't have to have sora on my css lol

Ragel

Smash Apprentice
If we get another Fire Emblem character it'll be through DLC and from Three Houses (Likely Edelgard) to promote the game.
Please no. I love the franchise and most of my picks are Fire Emblem characters, but the game is way too overrepresented in smash roster wise.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Hey everyone, I'm feeling so hype. Just a couple more hours to go and all (or most) of our question will be answered. Leaks or no leaks, show pride and support for your most wanted characters to the end (politely of course) for tomorrow will be the greatest AT War ever to hit all Smash Fans.

Be happy for those who's characters are unscathed from the Melee, and welcomed into the Halls of Smash for fortune smiles fondly on the patient and the lucky, and be respectful, and supportive for those who's characters have fallen in the Brawl, and are AT'ed or lost to the void, for have we ourselves not felt the same pain as others in previous Smash games?

Everybody the time is soon upon us. For. One. Last. Time. List your top 5-10 picks and hope for the best. For those who happen to have all their most wanted characters, list characters that you wish others would get.
1. Amaterasu
2. Elma
3. Shantae
4. Sora
5. Rayman
6. Gardevoir
7. Valkyrie
8. Tetra
9. Fjorm
10. Fi
1. Banjo-Kazooie
2. Medusa
3. Leon Powalski
4. Nightmare (Soulcalibur)
5. Elma
6. Black Shadow

That's it pretty much...

P.S.: 3000 posts!!!! Whoo!!!!

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
So while I am quite sad at the prospect of Shadow and Isaac missing playable status once again, I can get over that. I’m just glad we found before the Direct aired should it turn out that way.

I’d be ecstatic if it’s false and we get those 2, but my expectations have definitely been set for tomorrow. Really, I think a surprise reveal like Elma would be great.

I suppose i’ll mention my other idea for page 6969. I can’t do anything specific, but my humble opinion is that the people who decide to not post “Nice” on that page should get a warning or infraction. Probably a ban, actually.

For effect: IsmaR IsmaR AEMehr AEMehr Smooth Criminal Smooth Criminal NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom

You know what to do!
But we can't upload posts less than ten words long.

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
Finally got to making my roster! This is what I'm thinking right now, but this is super subject to change. The Sm4ah roster in my sig is not nearly representative of my Sm4sh roster, so we'll see!

1541026018637.png

paper roxy

Smash Ace
With a perfect track record for Smash Utlimate? He's the most reliable we got right now. I get the skepticism though.

hasnt he only 'leaked' like, two things? (guessed isabelle, but really who didnt, and simon?) even before the grinch leak i had no idea he ever leaked anything else

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Very true. Much better reason honestly. My bad for getting weird about that topic.

This is such a stupid tense time to be a Smash fan
Yeah, I get ya. I wish he started posting leaks in a better manner(by that, I mean making it clear he's confident in the source or not) then any old rumor sooner. Like, the only rumor I know of was about guest characters, and it wasn't one he even believed in. He literally said to take it with a grain of salt(it had Zero on it, a later AT, to give an idea of the point).

KMDP

Smash Legend

NBD, I also explained the possible rational behind lying in an edit.

If he's decided he doesn't want to spread information any more (and is therefore "getting out of the business", so to speak), then credibility no longer matters. I can imagine that he'd be totally done after all the hate he's gotten from r/Kappa (for his old leaks), GameFAQs (for his attitude) and other venues.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Wait a minute.
GRINCH.
Geno
Rider (Mach)
Isaac
Ken
C
horus Kids
Shadow
Banjo is the assist trophy guys, it’s been under our nose the entire time

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Please no. I love the franchise and most of my picks are Fire Emblem characters, but the game is way too overrepresented in smash roster wise.
Honestly this is something I can see happening for sake of promotion if we take Corrin into account.

Same reason we could also get Sylux to promote Metroid Prime 4 and Sora to commemorate Kingdom Hearts III which I won't be surprised if he's announced as the first DLC character at the Game Awards.

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
Honestly aside from Shrek and the Grinch leak I'd just like for some Quest 64 to be represented a little. Just gimme some trophies.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I kinda want the last character revealed to be Waluigi, because all of the people who were mean to Sakurai don't deserve it.
Can you imagine what that would do to this forum if deconfirmed ATs now had a chance to get in anyway?

I'd hop on the Midna hype train before the Direct even finished.

D

Deleted member

1. Amaterasu
2. Elma
3. Shantae
4. Sora
5. Rayman
6. Gardevoir
7. Valkyrie
8. Tetra
9. Fjorm
10. Fi

Honorable Mention: Blaze the Cat, Rex & Pyra, Saber, and Reimu.

[ QUOTE="Alastor017, post: 22634975, member: 405572"]Top 10 Smashboards Profile Pics:
#1: P.Kat P.Kat
#2: Noipoi Noipoi
#3: @Mehdow
#4: @MasterOfKnees
#5: @Idon
#6: @Opossum
#7: @osby
#8: Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom
#9: CosmicQuark CosmicQuark
#10: NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy
Honorable Mentions: @Cristaran @KDMP @Zinith
:)
Wow thanks :)[/QUOTE]

1. Crash Bandicoot
2. Banjo
3. Spyro
4. Sylux
5. Dixie
6. Elma
7. Robotnik
8. Mach Rider
9. Captain Rainbow
10. Isaac

CosmicQuark

Smash Master

That was amazing. Could Sega just kick out their current song writers and just hire you?

theromfather

Smash Apprentice
If one more fire emblem character gets added in the game either through DLC or base roster, I will flip a table

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
hasnt he only 'leaked' like, two things? (guessed isabelle, but really who didnt, and simon?) even before the grinch leak i had no idea he ever leaked anything else
Nope. Ridley, all of Smash 4 vets returning, Ice Climbers, Isabelle, Ken, Incineroar, Snake, Wolf, Minecraft content, the possibility of Steve playable, Isaac AT. That's all his current ones as of now.

NBD, I also explained the possible rational behind lying in an edit.

If he's decided he doesn't want to spread information any more (and is therefore "getting out of the business, so to speak"), then credibility no longer matters. I can imagine that he'd be totally done after all the hate he's gotten from r/Kappa (for his old leaks), GameFAQs (for his attitude) and other venues.
Which is too bad, though part of it he brought on himself. No excuse for him getting bullied or harassed. No excuse for some of the stuff he said either.

Though it'd be nice if leaks didn't exist for developers too, heh.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion

I think it's more him receiving the information conveniently as everyone else has. Yes, he's been credible, but why NOW all of a sudden does he talk about 1 character being an AT? You are right though it's probably not in spite, and he is genuinely leaking, but why are his sources telling him this one piece of information?

Additionally most insiders just repeat his claims about Incineroar. And now he's just repeating theirs.

That's why I sincerely think something is going on here.

paper roxy

Smash Ace
so if people are doing their 5-10 most wanted..

1. Geno (please sakurai)
2. Marx (i like his design and i'd be bummed if bwd got in instead of him)
3. Banjo-Kazooie
4. Isaac (i dont want his fans to get screwed over for the 3rd game in a row)
5. Mallow I guess (i just didnt have a 5th pick lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom