• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Anyone know how people were seeing KOS-MOS in the leak? Like can someone circle the clouds or whatever that people were confusing for her?
They are seeing Luigi's and ROB's new locations on the banner. Its just so LQ that it confused people.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
It took me a while to finally see how Mach Rider is positioned too.

He's actually sideways, or partially at an angle facing Roy. The "Skull Kid" Mask is the engine, it looks remarkably similar to one if you focus. The front wheel is partially behind Roy and the rear wheel is behind Inkling. The only thing I don't get is what is above his helmet.

Seriously don't think a fake leaker is doing this lol.

like this:

View attachment 173448

Forgive me, i did it with a touchpad on a laptop
Now if Mach Rider's in, it'll be a missed opportunity if their model didn't come with that exact outline of the bike. :awesome:

Potato_

Smash Lord
This actually makes perfect sense.

Would explain why K. Rool was never leaked; if Vergeben is truthful, one of his sources even told him we wouldn't get any new DK characters.
That source was a random he had never heard from before, which is why he at first DMed LoZ to ask him about it.

LoZ then (in typical ******** fashion) proceeded to leak that DM, which then started this whole thing of "Vergeben said no DK characters" which is false.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
"Incineroar isn't in the banner, so it's fake" most likely.

Nobody has yet pinned the Growth item from the Wendy's leak to anything but Golden Sun.
It very likely is from Golden Sun. But that doesn't really help or hurt Isaac. Multiple games have been represented by an item or music and not a character.

Such as your boy Pierce Brosnan in your avatar. The mines in Smash 64 were from Goldeneye.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Actually, supposedly Ryce knew about the content of the whole August direct, Isabelle and forward. So it's not that K.Rool didn't leaked, just that no one wanted to talk about it
LOL the insiders came in clutch for that one
Hypest reveal of them all is K. Rool's imo
Unforgettable

Pakky

Smash Hero
Okay, I honestly want to see this scene being drawn.
I honestly could if I had time.

Mach: So you're bike is a horse?

Link: Hiya!

Mach: I mean how can bike be horse?

Link:Hiya!!

Mach: Yes, ancient divine whatever, is this horse a bike?

Hiya!: *running after mach*

Mach: Calm down I'm just taking it around the block, err mountain?

*Drives away*

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I know Vergeben asked loz18 about the no DK characters thing, as he wasn't sure about it.

I just assumed he heard it from a source of his ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

Not directly, but in a wink wink nudge nudge kind of way
But I mean, isn't the end of every week interesting?

All the cool stuff for everything happens on weekends.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
How can someone go from, "This leak is fake" to "therefore Isaac's not in."

That's almost as ridiculous as saying "This leak is fake, therefore Banjo and Mach Rider aren't in." :troll:
Joke on you, Banjo is in....The my music section :4pacman:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
It very likely is from Golden Sun. But that doesn't really help or hurt Isaac. Multiple games have been represented by an item or music and not a character.

Such as your boy Pierce Brosnan in your avatar. The mines in Smash 64 were from Goldeneye.
TBH let's put this into perspective

Isaac is one of the most requested characters ever. That's not really a question, no amount of "vocal minorities" can cover that
Golden Sun has been repped by NOTHING, no stage no anything (except music IIRC) except Isaac's assist trophy

You're saying Sakurai would put in an obscure spell item from an entirely unrepresented game that just happens to have one of the, arguably, top 5 most wanted newcomers ever, in it?

I'm not trying to be condescending at all staind my bro but I don't think this is it.

It doesn't confirm him. But it doesn't feel right to say it doesn't help his case.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
But I mean, isn't the end of every week interesting?

All the cool stuff for everything happens on weekends.
True: it's also unclear if by end of the week these guys mean the latter part of the working week (direct on Thursday) or the end of the whole week (weekend, where something could be announced at Nintendo Live).

Dcas

Smash Journeyman
So the discussion is that Isaac is now out of the base roster?? Jesus****ingchrist lol, pls direct come to us.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Hey Shroob Shroob you were right

To be fair, Stealth consistently jumps on other insider's news, constantly.

Twice in the last 12 hours in fact:

1. Says the most likely characters are Geno, Isaac, Ken, Incineroar and Shadow, after an insider ALREADY disclosed those characters lol (like 30 minutes after)
2. Says the direct is the Nov. 1st, AFTER Spawnwave and many others confirmed it.

The only thing I've ever seen him get was possibly Simon, and even that was a stretch because he said it 5 months before the game announced him, nearly 2 months before other people knew (so I chalk it up as a guess).

Correct me if I'm wrong though, I don't keep up on his twitter.

Edit: AND NOW he says no Isaac? Why? After he JUST said 12 hours ago Isaac is hugely likely. My point.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
You're saying Sakurai would put in an obscure spell item from an entirely unrepresented game that just happens to have one of the, arguably, top 5 most wanted newcomers ever, in it?
A-a-ahaha...Y-yeah! R-right...

It's literally going to happens, and I'm going to cry

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Joke on you, Banjo is in....The my music section :4pacman:
I mean, how could I complain--its legendary music is what makes it unique. It's Grant Kirkhope's baby, and Grant's a mother****ing legend. He needs more representation one way or the other. :upsidedown:

But pls I need by banjo, and not just the instrument

MaestroDavros

Smash Apprentice
I'll just state that the very first time I saw the banner leak Banjo & Chorus Kids looked a little... off. I don't mean motion artifacts, but that they looked like they'd been added later, and were slightly too sharp compared to everything else. The others look fine though.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I trust stealth.

Only because he leaked belmont first and verge got the credit for it.

Which makes no sense why I should trust him, I know.

D

Deleted member

I believe the chances of each character present in the leak of making it in in the event it's fake is basically:
Ken
Shadow
Geno
Isaac
Mach Rider
Chorus Kids
That cloud we thought was Gardevoir or whatever else
The Grinch
Eric Bricard
Banjo Kazooie

KiBom

Smash Journeyman
I'll just state that the very first time I saw the banner leak Banjo & Chorus Kids looked a little... off. I don't mean motion artifacts, but that they looked like they'd been added later, and were slightly too sharp compared to everything else. The others look fine though.
One interesting thing is a lot of characters we know would've never been found on the banner. Ridley, for instance. So you might be right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom