• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Saved for DLC is odd, but what about as a character given free to those who buy online?
I don't think that a third-party character would be given out for free with the purchase of a Nintendo service. That doesn't generate any revenue for the third party (provided the revenue is cut between them and Nintendo; I'm not too familiar with how licensing deals like this work), and promotes a service that isn't the third party's. That'd be like if you got Nintendo character skin in Minecraft for buying Xbox Live.

EnthusedPanda

Smash Journeyman
The ESRB leak happened 25 days prior to smash 4’s Japanese launch.

In terms of our wait ... in less than two weeks, we’ll have 25 days remaining.

Not saying it has to mean anything, but it’s wild to think about, and they need to start revealing things, fast.

D

Deleted member

Direct on the 1st seems even more likely now, we heard similar stuff from insiders before the September Direct was announced. And it's the perfect date for me as I don't have class Friday so I can hype as I wish.

LetterO

Smash Lord
https://www..youtube.com/watch?v=hr03yOoFPww

The arrogance annoys me
“Give me a reason why it’s real”
It’s almost as if nothing happened the past few days.

I personally want this leak to be real because the ego’s coming out of these insiders who want to brush off any criticism as “STOP ATTACKING ME” needs to be taken down their high horse.
Read the description.

"Composer: Vergeben "

Anyways, any updates since the old thread was closed, everybody?

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
A fun fact about OTTERS:

There are 13 species of Otters in the World.

Inkling, Ridley, Simon, K.Rool, Isabelle
Geno, Isaac, M.Rider, Banjo, C.Kids

Maybe we will get 3 more unique characters?

It's just a dumb theory...
Is Agumon one of the other three?

Kooj Kooj

Smash Cadet
Box Theory never really died though, everyone just assumes that the Grinch leak is real over it because they like that it has more characters.
I mean I know that's why I like it more. Not that it makes it any more real. But it's nice to believe in something I want rather than something I don't want.

There is a big difference though. The Grinch leak vs. the Box theory. While I would say that you're correct in that a lot of people (including myself) are more willing to believe something that lines up with their expectations, I also think it's appropriate that a potentially legitimate leak is more logical to believe than an attempt at predicting the roster with a picture of a box.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
My personal hypothesis is that insiders saw a clip of Incineroar running around and interacting with some kind of Minecraft thing. Be it a creeper, a Minecraft stage, a Minecraft cat as part of his trailer, whatever. That's where Verg got their "Incineroar and Minecraft representation" information.

A lot of people saw this video, so they are dead certain that Incineroar is in the game and his absence on the banner means it's fake. However, it doesn't match up with the current "climate" of Ultimate in my honest opinion: while Incineroar is one of the more popular pokemon from that generation, it's not a "meme pick" like most of the roster has been so far which caters to hardcore fans. I can absolutely see Incineroar either being an AT that people thought was a character, a really developed Pokeball summon, or just an originally planned character that got shuffled to DLC (because they know enough people will buy any Pokemon character.)

I'm almost 99% sure that people are putting their reputation on the line over the wrestle cat because they saw him in action.
Honestly, that theory requires more leaps of faith than simply assuming Incineroar is playable but not on the banner.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
There's evidence to her being canonically female like Samus

Mach: So you just stand around to get fit?

WFT: Yes its called yoga

Mach: Why not bike?

WFT: Cycling?

Mach: No, Bike!

WFT: Isn't that the same thing?

Mach: *unzips suit to reveal goddess body* I don't know you tell me?

WFT: Why do you have yourself printed on your underwear?

Mach: You don't?

WFT: No...

Mach: pfft, pathetic
Okay, I honestly want to see this scene being drawn.

Of all the characters to disconfirm Grinch leak...

Phoenix Wright would be the most fitting.

Evidence? Here's your evidence!

MvC3 is a national treasure that we didn't deserve, but was needed.

We want Burt from Yoshi's Island as the next character
But that wouldn't work, all people need to do is knock his pants off. Also, think of everyone who wants Kamek and Poochy.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
https://www..youtube.com/watch?v=hr03yOoFPww

The arrogance annoys me
“Give me a reason why it’s real”
It’s almost as if nothing happened the past few days.

I personally want this leak to be real because the ego’s coming out of these insiders who want to brush off any criticism as “STOP ATTACKING ME” needs to be taken down their high horse.
leave siivagunner alone

/s

Last edited:

HesIn

Smash Apprentice
Direct on the 1st or 2nd is likely because of Blizzcon, Nintendo will want to steal some hype.

With the Diablo III/Switch collaboration however they might be courteous and do it on the 1st, a day before Blizzcon's main stage shows.

NabiscoFelt

Smash Journeyman
Box Theory never really died though, everyone just assumes that the Grinch leak is real over it because they like that it has more characters.
Well, it could be argued that even if Grinch is fake, insider's information has disproved Box theory

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
I still think it would be sweet if Diddy swaps out with Dixie in their final smash. That could be why they haven’t revealed it yet.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Ok, my only tinfoil conspiracy theory prediction for this upcoming direct...Spawn Wave specifically said should be fun online. Not just, fun .... Maybe hinting at a test Smash being launched this weekend?!

ignore this because it doesn't make sense with the demo event this weekend in Japan, but if that is what happens you heard it here I decoded the secret message

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I don't think that a third-party character would be given out for free with the purchase of a Nintendo service. That doesn't generate any revenue for the third party (provided the revenue is cut between them and Nintendo; I'm not too familiar with how licensing deals like this work)
It depends. Square-Enix did a free promotional even for Assassin's Creed Origin crossing over FFXV and vise-versa.
They also gave Sora for Free in World of Final Fantasy even if he was Disney.
It all depends of the licencing process and how the deal work. Like I said earlier, but Sonic probably came back for Smash 4 thanks to the Deal Nintendo/Sega for exclusivity for some games, Lost World/Olympics/Boom.

But yeah, I can think that for Smash, with how big it is, people will try to get part of the cake. Thooough.

It's good to remember ALL of the FF game coming to Nintendo Switch...Could probably what helped Cloud to come back for Smash Ultimate...And who knows, maybe someone else-

HesIn

Smash Apprentice
Honestly, that theory requires more leaps of faith than simply assuming Incineroar is playable but not on the banner.
I mean, it would explain why Minecraft has not appeared yet: it's DLC, along with Incineroar, and they are shown together for double advertising. Why wouldn't we have seen a Minecraft stage? Nothing implies that we're getting a Minecraft fighter.

Blu99

S***post King
Switch FC
SW-7236-2735-6407
But that wouldn't work, all people need to do is knock his pants off. Also, think of everyone who wants Kamek and Poochy.
Burt and his pants the next duo character

But in all seriousness I doubt Yoshi will ever get another rep which is really annoying

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Not really much going on til theres anything official is there.....

I wonder what my next profile pic should be after i retire Vlad on the 31st.. Maybe someone polish cuz of my ancestry..

Potato_

Smash Lord
It's good to remember ALL of the FF game coming to Nintendo Switch...Could probably what helped Cloud to come back for Smash Ultimate...And who knows, maybe someone else-
Oh I get what you're saying Nekoo. Especially with that point about exclusivity...

NEKU SAKURABA FOR SMASH YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST

Last edited:

mbvswb

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4561 1118 2914
Burt and his pants the next duo character

But in all seriousness I doubt Yoshi will ever get another rep which is really annoying
if this were a "normal" non-fanservice smash I could see Kamek being a yoshi rep

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
A fun fact about OTTERS:

There are 13 species of Otters in the World.

Inkling, Ridley, Simon, K.Rool, Isabelle
Geno, Isaac, M.Rider, Banjo, C.Kids

Maybe we will get 3 more unique characters?

It's just a dumb theory...
The Otter Theory is really gonna catch on, I think.

Blu99

S***post King
Switch FC
SW-7236-2735-6407
Yeah...

But a part of me would be fine with that, since Wario needs that more anyways. Maybe Kat & Ana as DLC as a start.
Ashley, Mona or Jimmy T would be amazing, it would be great if every series had 2 reps minimum, 1 hero and 1 villain

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
There's so much meme potential with this banner to have fun BSing about. I highly doubt we went through all that meme potential in a few days before the in-fighting got ahead.

It involves the ****ing Grinch.

This guy.
I'll be mad if Grinchboards isn't the April Fools joke next year.

Blu99

S***post King
Switch FC
SW-7236-2735-6407
if this were a "normal" non-fanservice smash I could see Kamek being a yoshi rep
Kamek might be difficult since he never really comes off his broom though, and I can see him being an AT

D

Deleted member

DLC characters being free for Online subscriptors is super likely considering Mewtwo in Smash 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom