• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Anyways side discussion time: what do you make of Sheik in Ultimate? From what I gathered from experiences of those who tried her:

-She lost invincibility on startup for Up B
-She lost her throw combos due to increased BKB
-Bouncing Fish is slower but slightly stronger
-Needles take longer to charge & you can't really take advantage of jumping needle charge anymore
-Her bair is back from previous iterations
-She can cross up with uair
-She is prone to getting outtraded by other chars' aerials

I'm optimistic that the increased KB for 1v1 is going to help her, and that she will be one of the better punishers of air dodges
It's difficult to say this early on, but I think she'll have much better utility with her other specials than just relying on needles/Bouncing Fish.

Burst Grenade in particular has much higher knockback than before, on top of not putting Sheik into freefall.

There's also the fact that her forward smash now can go cross up shields. You can't dash/use most specials to go through them anymore, so it's very unique.

All in all, I agree she'll still be very strong at punishing spot/dodges. Which will maker her much scarier off stage this time around, since you only get one air dodge.
Couldn’t this go in Shiek's board?

CrunchyCHEEZIT

Smash Journeyman
so does anyone actually think we gonna get a direct at all this week?
i feel like if they were gonna have something on the 1st, they would have dropped an announcement yesterday.

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
it's simple, we must ANALYZE THE NEW GRINCH MOVIE FOR ANY CONNECTION TO THE GRINCH LEAK.
Well, let's see:

Grinch is green.
Isaac's growth stuff is green.
What do those have in common?
They're both green and are in this leak!

I'm #TeamConfirmed.

I hope no one takes this serious.

sdpdude9

Smash Apprentice
Is the general consensus the direct will be next week? I think there's a chance it happens this week, but next seems more likely.

TheBlue10

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SweetBlueMemory
3DS FC
2466-7799-9439
Switch FC
SW 2878-1317-0108
I wonder if we'll get official news before we use up the next 300 pages..
Seeing as how in 6 days only there's been more than 300 pages, I doubt that.
Also damn it's been almost a week what

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
So what your saying is mystic saying it’s fake but he’s lying cause it’s real and all 7 of them are base including banjo?
He's not even lying; the banner being fake is his opinion based on his observation; he went on to say it's unconfirmed.

I believe we could end up with all of the characters because he basically slapped 5 of them into his "confirmed" category.

SushiRoll

Smash Apprentice
So guys same old argument over and over again on the leak ? Nothing new ?
Apperantly a bunch of random riff-raff came out of the woodworks to be like "lol fake. Nintendo planted the banner as leak bait" and since folks around here are clinically insane they were all like "Good enough for me if it's good enough for Joe Shmo"

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
So here's a question. Let's say Incineroar gets revealed next and the banner is confirmed fake when the person who made it steps forward. Not everyone, but a few insiders think there could be a few characters on the banner who are actually in Smash.

Who would these characters be and why?
For sure:
Ken- I don't even have to explain this one.
Shadow- Been an AT since Brawl (the only 3rd party character to be an assist multiple times), but is still missing in action. Arguably fits as an echo better than Dark Samus.

Maybe:
Isaac- Depends on whether or not the item in the trailer is related to Golden Sun, if it is, then there's a good chance he's in.
Chorus Kids- Just a gut feeling

I wouldn't expect Geno, Banjo or Mach Rider in the base.

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
PapaGenos and his source, apparently.

Well, not so much 'believes' as 'theorizes', but yeah.
And even the theories are unsourced and inaccurate. For example he said Vergeben claimed minecraft content after E3, which is not true. It was before and the same time he claimed Snake was coming.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Uh...why are some post out of orders?

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
Work going up in smoke is nothing new. Brawl had a whopping 7 cut characters with Mewtwo and Roy having decent evidence that they were cut later on. There's the chance that Rare lied about the timing of a meeting too considering that Sega and Capcom basically did the same thing about Sonic and Megaman before their respective debuts. Where's this meeting with Microsoft talk coming from anyways because I've just been seeing it in the last hour or so?
Low priority characters that couldn't be finished in time is not remotely comparable to what you're suggesting, and this is assuming Sakurai was developing a third party character he didn't have the rights to for over two ****ing years. What remotely sensible developer is putting significant developmental resources towards a third party character for nearly the entirety of the game's development before stopping to think "hey we should really ask their owner if we can use this character and license it out"?

The thing I really don't get by this theory that Banjo was added at E3 and created within a few months or that Sakurai was secretly developing him without the rights until E3 is that none of those impossible scenarios are necessary at all for Banjo to be in the game; it is perfectly logical and sensible that Banjo was decided back in December 2015 and the licensing for him was hammered out then just like with every other character, while Incineroar was simply a low priority character that couldn't be finished in time and was pushed to DLC or was deliberately chosen frontline DLC decided later in development. The scenario that both the Grinch leak and Incineroar are real does not require a crazy conspiracy theory that breaks the limits of what is developmentally possible/sensible.

Last edited:

Untouch

Smash Master
I am almost sure that Phil Spencer was referring to the N64 mini, which hasn't formally been revealed yet just heavily implied.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
"Oh damn! I accidentaly put Chef Boyardee in my fake leak!"

Yeah, no. He did it on purpose, probably to show how with blurriness like that it's easy to just pass over certain details. I didn't even notice him at first glance.

This dude is trying to show how easy it'd be to make a Grinch type leak, I'd bet. We had people like Vaan and Omni saying it'd take them like a weekend to do, and this guy seems to have proved it really wouldn't take long.
Which is what I was trying to say here the day the "leak" appeared, but everyone thought I was nuts. There are talented people out there who could put that kind of thing together in relatively little time. People have made crazier things for fake leaks. And the fact that the image is blurry just makes it all the more suspect.

If it is fake, I hope the damage isn't very long-term. People are already getting toxic just for people doubting that it's real, so I can't imagine what the reaction will be if we get the more reasonable two newcomers and an Echo Fighter.

bbybae

Smash Cadet
Has any insider actually said or hinted at Sora or is that the forum echo chamber talking itself into the idea ?

Untouch

Smash Master
help I've refreshed this page 20 times a minute for the last 24 hours and there haven't been any more grinch plot twists yet

what do
Lets invent some like we did yesterday.
Oh ****, the duck in duck hunt's render is sliced through the middle, this is a reference to banjo kazooie I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom