• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrHomelessHobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Orangeporrige
What if all the characters in the leak ended up being revealed but their placement in the banner and poses were different than what we got? How would you react?
I'd buy a copy of the new Grinch movie on blu ray and stare at it until I get what the hell happened

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
If the banner was mostly real but the Chorus Kids and Mach Rider, the only two I have a vested interest in, were fake, man that'd be a kick in the teeth.

SmashingXan2

Smash Journeyman
You know, if mystic is right, I think the banner is only missing characters, probably only Inceneroar

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
MysticDistance is talking again and holy crap

There was a problem fetching the tweet

and LeakReview also talking

No offence, but who is this? I mean, the fact its someone with an actual identity puts this above a standard green text leak, but I'm not seeing what makes these guys any more official than anyone else here. Do they have experience with leaks or something?

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
You're in the Season two poster
Am I in it as well?

Anyways I guess in a stupid poo poo brain way I beliebe the leak is what mystic says is right, because that could mean that I can finally be content with this. Besides it kinda makes sense

SushiRoll

Smash Apprentice
Y'know, GameXPlain may not be covering this leak because...maybe they just don't want to?

Which they have every right to not cover it. I do not believe there is some grand conspiracy going on with GameXPlain. If they know stuff, they ain't gonna say squat because they don't want to. They have no obligation to tell us anything.
It's not that they have any kind of obligation, it's that it doesn't match their past behavior. They'll make a video about how many hairs are in Mario's mustache, just to throw content out there and get a little bit of money.

The Grinch thing is HUGE. It has reached a level of significant public awareness. People are actually talking about smash for the first time in forever. You know what happened? Isabelle. Then the word on the street is Ken and Incelroar, and everybody was like "that's it? meh." Then NOTHING for 2 months.

Then this happened. People at work who I didn't even know play video games were talking about it. This is a ****ing gold mine of revenue for Nintendo youtubers if ever there was one. And all GX has to say about it is "too blurry, you stupid trump supporters".

At the very least it's odd.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
So the reason people(Insiders) are pressing X to doubt here are:

Incineroar is not there

Mach Rider, Chorus Kids, Banjo ARE there, which apparently none have heard about except for Papageno's lone source
I wonder if that E3 meeting was to discuss Banjo as DLC. He could be the first DLC character, scheduled for a Q1 2019 launch, leaving plenty of time to work on him.

If we do have 3 reveals left, I'm feeling like one will be Incineroar's trailer posted sometime in the next two weeks (Spawn Wave did say that the banner will deconfirm itself), and that announces the Final Smash direct which starts with Isaac, reveals Ken and Shadow echoes and closes with Geno.

That actually seems really manageable compared to squeezing 7 characters into one presentation.

The amount of sources that are claiming Incineroar is really interesting and it's enough to at least pause for thought here because it's such a glaring omission.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
That Mystic Tweet, WHEWWWW

I do hope “Most” includes Mach Rider and Banjo. It seems like Isaac and Geno are the only ones he was able to confirm. Also this is making Smashboards crash. Greeeat.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

Yes, MysticDistance. Because adding Lloyd to the long list of newcomers we're already speculating is bound to clear up some confusion. :dizzy::dizzy:

He made some interesting claims. Not sure if it'll work out that way in the end, but I'll keep what he says in mind.

Shroob

Sup?
So it really all comes down to Incineroar in the end.

We have now roughly anywhere from 15-20(if not more) supposed insiders swearing up and down that Incineroar is in, yet this banner is missing him.

Curious er and curious er.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Am I in it as well?

Anyways I guess in a stupid poo poo brain way I beliebe the leak is what mystic says is right, because that could mean that I can finally be content with this. Besides it kinda makes sense
frick yeah you are.

I just need to figure out how to draw the rest of you body, unless you wanna be a floating head.

G Rank Zinogre

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sgt. ZinogreVolt
Not buying this, the story now is pretty different from before and the exclusion of the Mach Rider of all newcomers I find to be the hardest to believe because of the figure Sakurai had bought for work.

TheBazry64

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheBazry64
You know what is great?
Some people said the community was dismissive against insiders that deny the leak
But here comes Spooky Mystic and he is FINALLY explaining why he thinks so and you know what?
He does not get harrassed! Seems like being nice actually helps you to get treated nice, who would have thought!

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
So, the banner is true but Olimpus Insidahs don't know why is not truer.
Man, everyone will die with the finals reveals. There's no winner team here.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Can someone give me the rundown on Mystic’s track record? How often is he on the mark with these kinds of things?

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

I will quote again

I love this

One hand if fake you get 4 out of 7 and possible 1-2 more as well (I’m gonna go with Mach rider on this one since we need a retro rep) and the rest could be dlc

The other best base roster ever

Finally the psycho craziness anger war ends as well

It’s a win win win for me if this is right.

Plus he mention all of them as “should” which means he’s reminding that any of the 5 could be wrong

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
You're being pranked by Nintendo.
Aren't we all though?

I imagine the next Nintendo Direct will open something like this:

Just replace Papa Franku (rest in peace) with Sakurai and it'll be perfect.
I will quote again

I love this

One hand if fake you get 4 out of 7 and possible 1-2 more as well (I’m gonna go with Mach rider on this one since we need a retro rep) and the rest could be dlc

The other best base roster ever

Finally the psycho craziness anger war ends as well

It’s a win win win for me if this is right.
Isaac, Geno, Ridley, and K. Rool have all been requests since Pre-Brawl, and getting them all in at once is nothing short of cathartic. Good for all of the fans who held out until now.

Last edited:

FallofBrawl

Smash Ace
I think of Namco were to use leak bait, they would more likely use incineroar and less likely create a banner that has their leak bait on it. At least, I don’t know if they’ve gone such lengths with leak bait.
Also Lloyd as DLC would be ****ing sick

Noipoi

Howdy!
If my boi ends up being the final veteran on the blog, he best have the greatest blog entry conceived by man :yoshi:

God, this thread goes way too fast. My computer's have speed issues as is...
My poor computer is an old dusty potato, it can't handle this thread's speed sometimes.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
So basically what is confirmed for Mystic is
-108 Stages
-Shadow/Ken/Incineroar/Isaac/Geno
-DLC characters
-MOST of the newcomers from the banner are here but there is something contradictory by itself

I'm starting to think that perhaps, the leak bait was in the banner, and it wasn't Incineroar...
I mean, to be pretty honest, the whole bait thing is a rumor in itself. It could just be possible that insiders are right and this banner is right, just without Incineroar. I'm more inclined to believe its just lacking the Pokemon, over the idea that Nintendo made fake art to trick people.

8 more characters? 6 more uniques? It's a lot, but I don't think it's impossible, especially if this is ultimate.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I'm not supportive of GX or insiders groups being harassed (it really isn't okay), but here's the thing - this nuclear apocalypse of leakworld we're living in what tends to happen when you act like an egotist, and a large number of people denying the leak as insiders have not done so in cordial manner. They've been extremely condescending or had meltdowns over it. It's reasonable to be steadfast in your belief that a leak is fake because you have information, but -

-Calling people who disagree with your Trump supporters

-Implying people who are speculating about the leak are deranged conspiracy theorists

-Acting like criticism of you for not sharing proof is harassment (people were banned off of ResetERA for this, though bans are handed out on ResetERA for completely inconsequential things all the time)

-Generally acting smug, unpleasant, or needlessly demeaning

Some insiders are very guilty of this, GX's crew in particular. Regardless of the leak's outcome, I've lost my respect for these guys because they've helped fuel hostility with their dismissive and poor attitudes. It gives this impression that these people are sheltered and incapable of responding to criticism in a normal way.

When you accuse the entire community of being toxic because a subset of /v/ users are trolling you, you need to get a grip on reality and understand your vitriolic responses are going to make everything worse. It won't stop the trolls and it makes you look unstable to a lot of otherwise neutral parties who're wondering why you're calling people Trump supporters over the handling of secret gaming information. Like, really? wtf, trolls literally feed on this. Anytime GX is brought up on an important subject some dude on /v/ will forever link that image of Andre's inexplicable twitter meltdown. That's totally self-inflicted because he's an adult that should understand how the internet works.

People DO need to chill out but "insiders" should join that squad. The conspiracy theories about them being on Nintendo's payroll are literally a result of their abnormally dismissive behavior. They can't just be vitriolic and act like the problem will go away.

Omni's getting a ton of **** for reasons that I find largely unjustified since he's actually held his arguments on the back of his credibility as a graphic designer. That seems fair. Any annoyance over that is reaching, but you are inviting questions and skepticism from completely reasonable parties if you start saying "I know things" and won't explain why. Happens to any leaker, your name and status an an internet celebrity or gaming journalist will not shield you if you act the same as some anonymous person on an image board.

Also, praise be vaanrose for not only handling this well but consistently putting out good criticisms of images that people jump the gun on.
I have no personal beef with any of the insiders (especially Serebii Serebii ), but some of them (members of Gamexplain, among others) have conducted themselves absolutely atrociously this week.
MysticDistance said:
"I'd also like to point out that I respect you whether you believe me or not. In fact, I think it is good that people do not just blindly trust my info here. While I think my record, both as a translator and reporter speak for itself, trust is not something that is just given out.
So, however you feel, I respect it. As long as you can remain civil in your opinion, I have no harsh feelings towards anyone regardless of their opinion of myself or what I am posting"
The insiders who have blown up at the community this week could learn a lot from Mystic.

EDIT: Also, yes, vaanrose vaanrose is a treasure.

Last edited:

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Also, isn't there a rumor that there's gonna be 2 directs in November? Did Spawn Wave say that the Smash Direct would be on the 8th or a general one? Because if it's a regular direct they can easily pull a Cloud by announcing two of the newcomers along with the date for the Smash direct.

Lunacial

Smash Cadet
The Direct being on Nov. 1st seems fairly likely honestly
-on a thursday
-right before special edition
-iirc the Live tournament thing is hapoening right afterwards too. They could have the Smash tournament be the completed build with the full roster since the game has basically gone gold at this point
I could see that, it has to be before the tournament for sure, since I hear that they're not using a demo build of the game. It depends on when the tournament is, all we know is that it's in November as of now

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
imma admit, imma feel bad for the super minority of people who wanted mach rider if they dont make it in, they'd have an awesome moveset
Right? Mach Rider is the only one from the leak that I want. Actually, I kind of want Chorus Kids as well because I think they'd be super funny

Last edited:

Plumstar

Smash Apprentice
Because that's literally all they do--talk BS about inconsequential fan theories and speculation. Their silence is odd (though the suggestion that they're being paid off is ridiculous). Personally, I don't care to hear their thoughts on it if their level of sophistication is even remotely reflected in what they've tweeted*.

*though granted Twitter may not be the best place to look for sophistication
I agree that it's odd that they're not saying much about the leak, I guess they don't want to because of all the harassment/war going on regarding that leak. I mean if people are mad they're not discussing the leak and eventually they decided to post a discussion video due to the demand, wouldn't people still be mad as a result? They claimed to not believe the Grinch Leak at all. So having them share their opinions about the leak would make the viewers (mostly the believers) even more angry at them. I think it's best if they stay quiet until a direct comes. Maybe they could discuss the leak even further with their direct predictions video that they usually do when a direct is announced.

Xiaolinspiration

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-4926-8462-7301
I'm not supportive of GX or insiders groups being harassed (it really isn't okay), but here's the thing - this nuclear apocalypse of leakworld we're living in what tends to happen when you act like an egotist, and a large number of people denying the leak as insiders have not done so in cordial manner. They've been extremely condescending or had meltdowns over it. It's reasonable to be steadfast in your belief that a leak is fake because you have information, but -

-Calling people who disagree with your Trump supporters

-Implying people who are speculating about the leak are deranged conspiracy theorists

-Acting like criticism of you for not sharing proof is harassment (people were banned off of ResetERA for this, though bans are handed out on ResetERA for completely inconsequential things all the time)

-Generally acting smug, unpleasant, or needlessly demeaning

Some insiders are very guilty of this, GX's crew in particular. Regardless of the leak's outcome, I've lost my respect for these guys because they've helped fuel hostility with their dismissive and poor attitudes. It gives this impression that these people are sheltered and incapable of responding to criticism in a normal way.

When you accuse the entire community of being toxic because a subset of /v/ users are trolling you, you need to get a grip on reality and understand your vitriolic responses are going to make everything worse. It won't stop the trolls and it makes you look unstable to a lot of otherwise neutral parties who're wondering why you're calling people Trump supporters over the handling of secret gaming information. Like, really? wtf, trolls literally feed on this. Anytime GX is brought up on an important subject some dude on /v/ will forever link that image of Andre's inexplicable twitter meltdown. That's totally self-inflicted because he's an adult that should understand how the internet works.

People DO need to chill out but "insiders" should join that squad. The conspiracy theories about them being on Nintendo's payroll are literally a result of their abnormally dismissive behavior. They can't just be vitriolic and act like the problem will go away.

Omni's getting a ton of **** for reasons that I find largely unjustified since he's actually held his arguments on the back of his credibility as a graphic designer. That seems fair. Any annoyance over that is reaching, but you are inviting questions and skepticism from completely reasonable parties if you start saying "I know things" and won't explain why. Happens to any leaker, your name and status an an internet celebrity or gaming journalist will not shield you if you act the same as some anonymous person on an image board.

Also, praise be vaanrose for not only handling this well but consistently putting out good criticisms of images that people jump the gun on.
Ah, I couldn't have said it better, praise Arceus.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Okay, I have come to the conclusion that this banner is real, but at least one of the characters is leak bait...
Specifically Banjo, A couple reasons:
It feels strange to have 3 Third Party Newcomers in one direct, assuming Mystic is right about Lloyd...
Nintendo didn't get all goody goody with Microsoft until recently...
Mach Rider seems to fit in with the mech gun thing
Isaac is basically confirmed, thanks to the growth item...
And Chorus Kids were planned for Smash 4...
Of you ask me, it just makes sense...

That being said, it seems likely there are 2 leak bait characters, due to the lack of Incineroar.
In that case, I'd say the second leak bait character is Chorus Kids :crying:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom