• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fortnite4Smash

Smash Apprentice
Hi im new but Ive been watching this thread for the whole day and I just think its hilarious how everyone is ignoring people who are trying to prove the leak is fake

KMDP

Smash Legend
I'll have to admit, I don't know a whole lot about Golden Sun, but I'm sure I'll be interested in GS more once I see and mess around with Isaac (cuz #TeamReal), but I am aware that he has a lot of stuff to pull good moves from.
I figured you knew, I just had to state that because it does a disservice to the character.

It's like saying "Geno can, like, fire lasers and stuff" when he can actually do a lot more than that. :grin:
Doesn't Rivals of Aether kinda do this with Kragg?

I've got two words for you.
WHO
THE ****
Wait that's 3 words DAMMIT
Doshin the Giant.

No, don't ask follow up questions, I only know the character because he's got a trophy in Melee.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Because Steve is, again, the default avatar of the Minecraft experience (and also one where Microsoft and Mojang don't have to pay royalties to make). If you want to roleplay Minecraft in doll or LEGO form, you're going to have to use a Steve because the world of Minecraft established that all humans are to be built like Steve and anything else would ruin the immersion (or make things really weird). If anything, the only times Steve was given a personality was unauthorized Minecraft-based stories sold by Scholastic that went "This Steve is from a long line of Steves that Steved in a world built for Steves, but he doesn't want to be a Steve". Most often than not, the player will simply choose a skin of their own that is not Steve and use that instead, with Steve itself being used in-game in a somewhat ironic manner if it's not for promotional purposes.

Here's my counterargument; if you look at cinema, Avatar is still the highest-grossing film of all-time. The problem is... you ask people what they remembered about Avatar, they'll probably go "Oh, it's those blue aliens" and don't remember anything else. Steve is pretty much on par with those blue aliens (the Na'vi for anyone who forgot); everyone recognizes them, but doesn't know anything else about them of merit. Steve has that exact same problem; his game is everywhere and it made a lot of money, but how many players have played Minecraft solely because they wanted to be Steve and not, say, a Darth Vader skin or a Superman skin?
And what are you basing this on? Have you talked to all the people who bought the Steve costume? The ones who buy all the toys? The ones who get the books? I don't think everyone who buys those products are exclusively buying for Minecraft content, there are other products from characters and content in the game like the Creepers that people can go for, people buy them because they get enjoyment out of the character. Whether that means they get it from roleplaying, fighting with toys, placing their figure on a shelf, reading the books, that still means the character has an effect and presence on them regardless of whether or not they're an avatar.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
Hi im new but Ive been watching this thread for the whole day and I just think its hilarious how everyone is ignoring people who are trying to prove the leak is fake
Well the evidence being brought up isn't exactly new, once a more damning revelation comes up then everybody'll probably start talking about it. For now the info for and against the leak is pretty much known and people have discussed it.

CantGetRidOfTheRidley

Smash Apprentice
Part of that is that's been discussed to death at this point and I think most people are tired. It boils down to if you believe the camera could've obscured those features or they aren't on those promo materials, or if you think it's fake. It's a circular end that unless there's some breakthrough we'll have to look elsewhere or wait.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Which is impossible because the pic comes from a video and the blurryness comes from it not being focused and very small.

Stop with the "this is photoshopped" please, it doesn't add anything to the discussion.
Exactly

There’s no way to prove it real or fake with background comparison

Focus was terrible motion is hard to keep still with shakes hand blurry can make it seem like some stuff is incorrect

There’s only like a couple of way too really prove it real or fake

1 the next reveal (banner comparison)
2 seeing if the grinch connected to the yellow present hanger thing is legit (not the grinch render but the yellow present with the red ribbions he’s attached too.)
3 if the leaker comes forward

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
"The cool Final Fantasy puppet boi who's been accompanying me on my adventures this whole time has to leave and go back to Star Road once we get all the seven stars back and save the world from Smithy... and I'll probably never see him again after this..."

I don't know about you, but this **** is really sad to watch as a kid. And he's even the last character you see at "The End", in his true form.

If we go by tragic story, then that's mean that Zack Fair is 100% in as a Cloud Echo and you can't prove me otherwise. :bobomb:

No seriously, Zack was too good for this world, Crisis Core had it's issue, but Damnit, Zack made the game shine by himself

Kawaki&Boruto98

Smash Apprentice
1 more month guys!!! IT'S COMING!! gonna miss this website when the game releases. it's pointless to log in again

beans

Smash Lord
Everything was already talked about before, and most sensible people agree that we reached a stalemate and the only tie-breaker will be the direct

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Alright guys, how about we stop talking about Steven and instead talk about how Goku deserve to be in Smash?:4pacman:
Goku's been in video games since 1986.
Goku was featured in 7 NES titles and 8 SNES titles.
Goku's been in over 80 handheld and console games collectively and that's not including cameos and crossovers.
For comparison this is more then Batman, Spiderman, Mickey Mouse, and 90% of the Smash roster.
Goku was featured in a Dragon Ball mmorpg.
Goku has a handful of mobile games as well.
Dokkan has grossed over a Billion dollars.
Right now Fighterz is ontop of the fighting game world, dokkan and heroes are thriving on mobile devices.
Dragon ball has had nearly annual releases of games since the 80's. Even when the anime and manga were on hiatus for a decade.
Goku was the face of the Nintendo Jump famicom classic.
The Super anime concluded this year with a big movie in december. Could be the year of the dragon... Considering the success of the games and all other media this year... Maybe Bamco will get him in Smash.

Xiaolinspiration

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-4926-8462-7301
Oh I actually kinda know Doshin, just meming it cause he's more obscure than other characters. Then again I know Cubivore and that's a game I've only seen happen twice, once in a Nintendo magazine saying "Hey here's some games that didn't make it here" and Nitro Rad ranting about some **** selling the game and the case separately to squeeze cash
If you want obscure, try Famicom Detective Club, oddly enough Sakurai even said that he would've added Ayumi from that game if the Famicom Detective Club games we're good in the west a la Fire Emblem.

Damn westerners, BUY MORE OBSCURE GAMES.

Wambo

Smash Ace
And what are you basing this on? Have you talked to all the people who bought the Steve costume? The ones who buy all the toys? The ones who get the books? I don't think everyone who buys those products are exclusively buying for Minecraft content, there are other products from characters and content in the game like the Creepers that people can go for, people buy them because they get enjoyment out of the character. Whether that means they get it from roleplaying, fighting with toys, placing their figure on a shelf, reading the books, that still means the character has an effect and presence on them regardless of whether or not they're an avatar.
Pikachu was really ****ing cute and that was reason enough to buy him. But I like Pikachu more for the fact that he started to realize that Ash wasn't so bad when he was going to sacrifice himself to protect him, despite of how Pikachu acted towards Ash. And I liked Pikachu more for all the adventures I saw him and Ash go on and bond over.

Kids these days will buy the literal equivalent of a stick figure. And that's fine, but Steve's not as cool as Pikachu.

osby

Smash Obsessed
If we go by tragic story, then that's mean that Zack Fair is 100% in as a Cloud Echo and you can't prove me otherwise. :bobomb:

No seriously, Zack was too good for this world, Crisis Core had it's issue, but Damnit, Zack made the game shine by himself
Why every people Cloud loves was too good for this world?

Xiaolinspiration

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-4926-8462-7301
Goku's been in video games since 1986.
Goku was featured in 7 NES titles and 8 SNES titles.
Goku's been in over 80 handheld and console games collectively and that's not including cameos and crossovers.
For comparison this is more then Batman, Spiderman, Mickey Mouse, and 90% of the Smash roster.
Goku was featured in a Dragon Ball mmorpg.
Goku has a handful of mobile games as well.
Dokkan has grossed over a Billion dollars.
Right now Fighterz is ontop of the fighting game world, dokkan and heroes are thriving on mobile devices.
Dragon ball has had nearly annual releases of games since the 80's. Even when the anime and manga were on hiatus for a decade.
Goku was the face of the Nintendo Jump famicom classic.
The Super anime concluded this year with a big movie in december. Could be the year of the dragon... Considering the success of the games and all other media this year... Maybe Bamco will get him in Smash.
*cough* ANIME *cough*

Fortnite4Smash

Smash Apprentice
Well the evidence being brought up isn't exactly new, once a more damning revelation comes up then everybody'll probably start talking about it. For now the info for and against the leak is pretty much known and people have discussed it.
Oh yeah, I get that, its just funny to me cause I envision them kinda like Butters from South Park trying to talk to cartmen loool

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm still waiting on that Luigi Poltergust footage.

I need to know if it's a tether now...Plus, I wanna see if they changed his FS.

Wambo

Smash Ace

I honestly like Zack as a character more than Cloud, but I like Cloud more for his design.

Even though both of them had spiky hair and a Buster sword... I don't know either, Cloud just worked, okay!...

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I believe what I see with my eyes (after close scrutiny) more than heresay. Now, it is troubling how many and how aggressive they’ve come out against it. But putting everything together from their own statements tells me they probably know less than they think they do. They all could be right, they could be mistaken or half-right, they could all be wrong. We’ll have to wait until one of them decides to share actual info (probably won’t happen) or until a Direct to see who’s right.

D

Deleted member

C'mon guys, we all know Cory in the House is the only anime truly worthy of being in Smash.

:4pacman:

Nah in all honesty Goku would be weird for sure, but would probably be fun. I'd still personally prefer Nintendo stick to video games, though.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura

Man I would never touch Blondie again if Zack could get in, Crisis Core is such an amazing story and Zack is fantastic.

Fortnite4Smash

Smash Apprentice
I'm still waiting on that Luigi Poltergust footage.

I need to know if it's a tether now...Plus, I wanna see if they changed his FS.
I dont know about it being a tether now, it specifically says throw, not grab. it would be a nerf anyway. His recover doesn't really need it and I can see it hurting his combo game unless its super fast

KMDP

Smash Legend

Crisis Core proves that you can have a game/story where you already know the ending and still have it be worthwhile.

Wambo

Smash Ace
Gonna go get some Wendy's because they deserve it from the past few days.

Anyone else wanna join me?

D

Deleted member

I dont know about it being a tether now, it specifically says throw, not grab. it would be a nerf anyway. His recover doesn't really need it and I can see it hurting his combo game unless its super fast
NGL, I wouldn't even care if it hurt him. I want more Luigi's Mansion stuff in Smash, I'd take it with whatever consequences it may bring.

Xiaolinspiration

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-4926-8462-7301
Only if other westerners make toku mainstream so I get EU toku dvds
LOL.

But seriously, if the west caught on to those franchises like Famicom Detective Club, The Mysterious Murasame Castle, StarTropics, Shantae (GBC ver.) & Panel de Pon, things would've looked different now. In short: Next time Nintendo brings out an obscure franchise buy it and that character might get into smash one day xD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom