• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbi

Scavenger
I have a new prediction roster for you guys to discuss:

Any feedback or opinions on what should be changed?

The only thing I am iffy on is Shovel Knight and Balloon Fighter, but they are risky predictions I chose to make.
Are you speculating that we will get both Tom Nook AND Isabelle, or is it an either/or? Do not get me wrong, Animal Crossing is MASSIVE, absolutely. And it is not as though we are particularly missing any notable names that Sakurai has not, more or less established to be problems; however, even with that in mind, I am not sure about that. I suppose the question is, does he hold Tom Nook in high enough regard to change Villager's final smash as he did for Palutena.

Beyond that, guessing the Pokemon is literally just throwing at a dart board this time around. It could be so many different Pokemon, it could be a Pokemon that has not been announced yet. Either way, that guess is as good as any.

I am not sure about double retro either, it typically happens, I am just not sure how large this roster will be. Either way, both of those would be my choices. Takamaru above Balloon Fight, obviously.

Chorus Kids were probably going to happen last time, albeit, history has shown that Sakurai does not typically dwell on the past without reason to do so. I am about 50/50 on this one. It could go either way.

Inklings and Spring Man are already confirmed. :troll:

Not even sure who that is. It looks weird.

I am just praying that we do not get the two super obvious third-party choices. But, well, no one could contest their likelihood.

Chron

Smash Journeyman

The only thing I am iffy on is Shovel Knight and Balloon Fighter, but they are risky predictions I chose to make.
Out of these, I think one AC character, Decidueye, Rex & Pyra, and Springman(or Ribbon Girl) are the most likely.
Shovel Knight, Rayman, and Takumaru are less likely, but still morso than the others.

I'm gonna make a bold prediction, and say Inkling is the most likely of all.

Last edited:

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
I know I missed the brief moment this topic was being discussed, but I think Mipha would be the best option for one of the BotW champions. I recognize these characters would play differently buuuut....

Urbosa fights with a sword and shield. People already complain about all the swords in the game, and Link uses that weapon set up. As I mentioned, I know should fight differently, but I still think Mipha would be a better option with more variety.

Revali is a bird with a bow. If we get Decidueye, we get two birds with bows? Nah man.

Daruk is where I see the most potential outside of Mipha. He'd be a heavy with a club, but we already have a heavy that fights with a blunt weapon in Dedede. Again, should be noted that I recognize they would play differently.

Mipha, while not unique in size, fights with a trident. The closest thing we currently have to that is Corrin who usually uses a sword with a few dragon lance abilities. I fear for Corrin's return to the game, anyway. Mipha could utilize several watery Zora powers that would be entirely unique also. Zoras have always been my favorite Zelda race, so sorry for my bias there too lol.

I do think Urbosa and Daruk are tied for second best option, and it is really close. This just comes down to the opinion of Sakurai, as they all have good qualities that allow them to be considered. And Revalli jumps back up the list if Decidueye doesn't wind up happening. I think his relevance in this discussion is entirely based on Decidueye's inclusion.

Last edited:

Chron

Smash Journeyman
I know I missed the brief moment this topic was being discussed, but I think Mipha would be the best option for one of the BotW champions. I recognize these characters would play differently buuuut....

Urbosa fights with a sword and shield. People already complain about all the swords in the game, and Link uses that weapon set up. As I mentioned, I know should fight differently, but I still think Mipha would be a better option with more variety.

Revali is a bird with a bow. If we get Decidueye, we get two birds with bows? Nah man.

Daruk is where I see the most potential outside of Mipha. He's be a heavy with a club, but we already have a heavy that fights with a blunt weapon in Dedede. Again, should be noted that I recognize they would play differently.

Mipha, while not unique in size, fights with a trident. The closest thing we currently have to that is Corrin who usually uses a sword with a few dragon lance abilities. I fear for Corrin's return to the game, anyway. Mipha could utilize several watery Zora powers that would be entirely unique also. Zoras have always been my favorite Zelda race, so sorry for my bias there too lol.

I do think Urbosa and Daruk are tied for second best option, and it is really close. This just comes down to the opinion of Sakurai, as they all have good qualities that allow them to be considered. And Revalli jumps back up the list if Decidueye doesn't wind up happening. I think his relevance in this discussion is entirely based on Decidueye's inclusion.
Same. I personally would like Fjorm as a spear user, but Mipha is good too.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303

Isabelle, Decidueye, Rex, and Chorus Kids all seem pretty likely.

Spring Man could be passed up on if he's considered to be "too new", but is otherwise a good prediction.

Rayman is also decently likely for a 3rd Party, but who knows?

Takamaru and Balloon Fighter are decent picks for a Retro character, but I'm personally unsure about them.

Doomguy and Shovel Knight I strongly disagree with, but to each their own.

Also, is this only for newcomers, or is this also considering veterans possibly appearing?

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Beyond that, guessing the Pokemon is literally just throwing at a dart board this time around. It could be so many different Pokemon, it could be a Pokemon that has not been announced yet. Either way, that guess is as good as any.
TBH, I do not really give a crap about what happens with pokemon newcomers anymore, I just put my trust on people saying that Decidueye is the most likely candidate. But things could change if a new generation game gets announced for this year. It would be a Zoroark situation all over again that would force me to change my Pokemon newcomer prediction.

I am not sure about double retro either, it typically happens, I am just not sure how large this roster will be. Either way, both of those would be my choices. Takamaru above Balloon Fight, obviously..
I kinda doubt that Balloon Fighter AND Takamaru would get in TBH. Because I can strongly feel a second representative would go to the 'hardware' representative. I am kinda blindly betting that Sakurai sees Takamaru's merit and sees the importance of BF in Smash due to Iwata and adds them both to Smash Switch instead of having the usual retro hardware surprise candidate. Thinking about it, I think that scenario is less likely. :sadeyes:

Also, is this only for newcomers, or is this also considering veterans possibly appearing?
I have a full roster for that, but I don't wanna think about veterans too much until I know more about Smash Switch. but I am still banking on Wolf and Ice Climbers returning anyway though. lol

Last edited:

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
Same. I personally would like Fjorm as a spear user, but Mipha is good too.
As much as I would like Fjorm or Sharena because I love Feh, I think Mipha has a little bit stronger of a case due to the incredible response to Breath of the Wild. On top of that, there's been lots of clamoring for a new Zelda character and less Fire Emblem in basically every corner of the Smash Bros fanbase. Even some Fire Emblem fans weren't happy with how many there are tbh. So Mipha would probably be more generally exciting, and by not adding another FE character, they probably save themselves some avoidable fan rage.

SuperSmashStephen

Smash Ace

Sorry. It's kind of big. I just want to get feedback on my prediction roster. It's a little optimistic, but yeah. Here you go. Let me know what you think.
Disclaimer: There are characters on this roster I don't particularly want, but still think will get in. I personally believe Mimikyu, Fire Emblem Switch Character, Hades, and Min Min are the most likely for their respective series, but I chose options that are most likely in general.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104

I think it's a really bold move to not only predict three new third parties, but none of them originate from Japan.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
If anything it would be worse in Smash tbh. In traditional fighters you are stuck in a confined area facing your opponent, whereas a heal in Smash would be more problematic cause of hit and run tactics or simply camping/running away forcing the opponent to chase you.

Of course which type of character has the healing mechanic and their movement would have a huge impact on this, but i think it would be hard to make it worthwhile.

I remember that Ivysaur in Project M heals 1% Damage per second charging her Down + B but it doesn't really add much to the move.
I think it all depends on how the design is approached.

First of all, for hit and run to work she would need to be good at running. Making her a slower character with limited movement options could make this less of an issue, but as you said this may not make her character worthwhile.

Personally, the way her healing abilities be approached is as both a passive and active ability. What I mean by passive, is that she autoheals small percents throughout the entirety of the match. Make her one of the lighter and slower characters in the game, so it becomes very important to learn how to wall characters out with her trident. Yes, still technically a hit and run playstyle, but not in an obnoxious Sonic type of way.

As for active healing, she should have attacks that heal larger percents, but are more risky. Things similar to the laggy Deep Breathing, but for higher percents and no movement buffs. She should also have an attack that can heal teammates.

So the main idea is that she's a character that really thrives by staying alive, but can't just go run and hide to do it. The design forces the player to be neutral, manage percents, though, by my design, she would be one of the more risk averse characters, which I know people aren't the biggest fans of.

Last edited:

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Has been a long time since I posted something here, there are so many damn pages to read.

Here's my opinion.

Tom Nook/Isabelle:
Although animal crossing is BIG, I don't expect to see another character from Animal Crossing (especially not 2), seeing how Villager's moveset is based entirely on the things from AC.

Decidueye:
It's pretty much like walking around with a blindfold. Decidueye is a solid option seeing how unique it is and being a starter, but it has competition with a pokemon possibly from Gen 8 and/or someone from Gen 7 like Lycanroc or Mimikyu.

Rex and Pyra:
They're are very likely seeing how successful Xenoblade 2 is while being a unique duo, also seeing how Sakurai has played it before and is working on Smash Switch in some way only increases their chances.

Balloon Fighter/Takamaru:
I think they're both unlikely seeing how Takamaru is an AT and probably will be and Balloon Fighter probably won't even be considered.

Chorus Kids:
I don't know much about Rhythm Heaven but I don't think a game from that series has been released for a while, but I feel that they might not make it and choose someone else.

Inklings:
NUFF SAID!

Spring Man:
Another likely character. They might choose him for being unique and help push ARMS. ARMS did sell well, but did lack player retention.

Doom Guy/Rayman:
There isn't much about them to say they're either likely or unlikely. Both have pros and cons. Although one thing that might not get them in is the fact they both originate from Western companies.

Shovel Knight:
As long as Shovel Knight did well in the Fighter Ballot, then he's good to go. There's also the fact that he is from a western company that can slightly lower his chance seeing how Sakurai stated that Smash was about Japanese gaming in general.

Chron

Smash Journeyman

Sorry. It's kind of big. I just want to get feedback on my prediction roster. It's a little optimistic, but yeah. Here you go. Let me know what you think.
Disclaimer: There are characters on this roster I don't particularly want, but still think will get in. I personally believe Mimikyu, Fire Emblem Switch Character, Hades, and Min Min are the most likely for their respective series, but I chose options that are most likely in general.
A few of these are unlikely, but this is one of the first rosters I've seen that I almost fully agree with.

Other than that purple guy in the bottom left... Who is he? He's SO BIG he doesn't even fit.

I know who to stick in that DLC slot!I

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Chorus Kids:
I don't know much about Rhythm Heaven but I don't think a game from that series has been released for a while, but I feel that they might not make it and choose someone else.
For this point specifically, I would like to point out that Rhythm Heaven Megamix came out on the 3DS in 2016. At that point where Sakurai would have likely developed Smash Switch and been aware of the game, I feel Chorus Kids were most likely reconsidered and chosen for Smash Switch's newcomer development.

Last edited:

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Never been much of fan of predicting full rosters as there as things tend to get all sorts of weird during development of things. Just prefer to have my list of character I'd like to see and leaving it at that lol

SuperSmashStephen

Smash Ace
A few of these are unlikely, but this is one of the first rosters I've seen that at almost fully agree with.

I know who to stick in that DLC slot!I
Which choices do you believe are unlikely? I know Labo Bot is kind of an out there choice.

Also, the question mark at the end of the DLC row is just a Random Select icon. I love your choice though!

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
For this point specifically, I would like to point out that Rhythm Heaven Megamix came out on the 3DS in 2016. At that point where Sakurai would have likely developed Smash Switch and been aware of the game, I feel Chorus Kids were most likely reconsidered and chosen for Smash Switch's newcomer development.
I don't know how you got that quote from me, because that wasn't from my original post, haha. Think you meant to respond to RandomAce RandomAce .

Chorus Kids:

Last edited:

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Just gonna get something off my chest. For anyone that doesn't want more AC characters solely based on the idea that Villager seems to already have all the moves, you should really check the support threads.

Which choices do you believe are unlikely? I know Labo Bot is kind of an out there choice.

Also, the question mark at the end of the DLC row is just a Random Select icon. I love your choice though!
Not criticizing the choices, but Min Min making it doesn't seem that likely. Neither does Hades.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir

I know you weren't asking me, but there's several on there I find pretty unlikely.

I think anything HW seems unlikely. So HW Impa and then if you're implying Ganon becomes his HW version, I find that less likely than Impa.

I think Wonder Red is unlikely unless Wonderful 102 is happening. Platinum already has Bayonetta in the game anyway.

People are welcome to disagree on this, but I find Celica really unlikely. (I also don't think a FE16 rep is likely before DLC)

2 ARMS reps seems excessive. Its a new franchise that's still sort of trying to get it's footing

Labo Bot should be a series of items. That's all I have to say about it.

Those are my thoughts on the roster. Really the only things on there I genuinely don't like are Labo bot and 2 ARMS characters.

Last edited:

SuperSmashStephen

Smash Ace
Just gonna get something off my chest. For anyone that doesn't want more AC characters solely based on the idea that Villager seems to already have all the moves, you should really check the support threads.

Not criticizing the choices, but Min Min making it doesn't seem that likely. Neither does Hades.
The only reason I chose Min Min is because she was incredibly popular amongst ARMS fans. She'd be a clone of course, but with a few unique moves, a semi-clone, but barely making that status. She'd be the easiest to make into a Kirby Hat too. I don't know. Something else about her just screams to me that Sakurai could add her.

Hades...I agree. He is unlikely. I feel he's at a 50/50 chance, along with Medusa. I don't think Sakurai would reduce a franchise he rebirthed, and I know Dark Pit is a well-hated clone that is unlikely to return. Hades or Medusa is the next possible rep in my opinion. Viridi just seems like she'll be left in Palutena's Guidance. Maybe we'll see her as an Assist Trophy.

Chron

Smash Journeyman

I think the least likely are Labo, Substitute, Ridley, K. Rool, Chorus Kid, and the character above Celica.(I know the game, but not the character. :laugh:)
EDIT: Also I think Shovel Knight is pretty likely.

Last edited:

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
The only reason I chose Min Min is because she was incredibly popular amongst ARMS fans. She'd be a clone of course, but with a few unique moves, a semi-clone, but barely making that status. She'd be the easiest to make into a Kirby Hat too. I don't know. Something else about her just screams to me that Sakurai could add her.

Hades...I agree. He is unlikely. I feel he's at a 50/50 chance, along with Medusa. I don't think Sakurai would reduce a franchise he rebirthed, and I know Dark Pit is a well-hated clone that is unlikely to return. Hades or Medusa is the next possible rep in my opinion. Viridi just seems like she'll be left in Palutena's Guidance. Maybe we'll see her as an Assist Trophy.
I feel like Viridi actually has the highest chances out of her, Hades, and Medusa, but I'll admit I'm biased.

I know Min Min is popular, she's definitely my favorite, but I don't see Arms getting 2 characters it's first go unless we count alt costumes as characters. I mean, I don't realistically think Splatoon will get more than 1, and that franchise is way bigger than Arms.
I think the least likely are Labo, Substitute, Ridley, K. Rool, Chorus Kid, and the character above Celica.(I know the game, but not the character. :laugh:)
Labo is prime wtf material. I really believe in it tbh. Chorus kid was being worked on last time around, so I think have a chance too. Wonder Red, yeah, he's probably not all that likely either now that I think about it. K.Rool and Ridley's chances are up in the air imo.

Last edited:

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
I love it when I see that an ARMS rep is 50/50 because they are considered "New", yet anyone from Xenoblade 2 is an apparent shoo-in. Interesting how that works around here...:rolleyes:

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I love it when I see that an ARMS rep is 50/50 because they are considered "New", yet anyone from Xenoblade 2 is an apparent shoo-in. Interesting how that works around here...:rolleyes:
Arms is highly likely to get one character. After that, 50/50 for another is asking a lot.

Chron

Smash Journeyman
ARMS has a very good chance of getting one character. The only reason for ARMS not getting a character would be the series is brand new and it hasn't sold as well as, say, Splatoon 1 did.(Either that or Sakurai is mad Smash isn't the only Nintendo fighting game anymore.)

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'd say ARMS is a lock for a character.

Base roster or DLC is the sticking point.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
One reason is because Xenoblade is already an established series, whereas ARMS is under a year old.

I think Rex has a good shot, but I don't consider him or anyone as a shoo-in.

ARMS I feel has existed long enough for Spring Man to get past the "too new" ordeal, but I'm acknowledging the chance.

SuperSmashStephen

Smash Ace
I know you weren't asking me, but there's several on there I find pretty unlikely.

I think anything HW seems unlikely. So HW Impa and then if you're implying Ganon becomes his HW version, I find that less likely than Impa.

I think Wonder Red is unlikely unless Wonderful 102 is happening. Platinum already has Bayonetta in the game anyway.

People are welcome to disagree on this, but I find Celica really unlikely. (I also don't think a FE16 rep is likely before DLC)

2 ARMS reps seems excessive. Its a new franchise that's still sort of trying to get it's footing

Labo Bot should be a series of items. That's all I have to say about it.

Those are my thoughts on the roster. Really the only things on there I genuinely don't like are Labo bot and 2 ARMS characters.
With Impa and Ganondorf: I feel like HW Impa could get in. The game was successdul enough for Nintendo to release it 3 times, but no, I do not think Ganondorf will get his HW look. It was just the icon I had for him.

Wonder Red: It was a popular game, and is Nintendo owned franchise. I agree he is unlikely though he'd make for an interesting addition for sure. Unlikely, but possible none the less.

Celica and FE16 Rep: One of them will get in. Nintendo probably gave Sakurai insider knowledge of the game beforehand. Fire Emblem is also a beloved franchise that's on the rise.

2 ARMS reps: For representation of all the different ARMS, and filler because Min Min would be a clone with a few unique moves.

Labo Bot just fit the bill of that WTF character we always get.

EDIT: Also I think Shovel Knight is pretty likely.
I agree Labo is a stretch. Substitute is just a placeholder for a Gen VIII Pokemon from Pokemon Switch. Ridley because the alleged leak. K. Rool as DLC because it'd be easy money for Nintendo and he was high on the Ballot apparently. As for a Rhythm Heaven rep, Sakurai likes unique and gimmick. They could have a rhythm based moveset that allowed them to cause more damage if done on beat. The last character you mention is Wonder Red. He is unlikely I agree, but I wouldn't be surprised by his inclusion.

I do not think Shovel Knight is likely. To me, the prestige isn't there, and even though he is on Nintendo consoles, he isn't Nintendo owned. A 3rd party, indie is going to need a lot to make it in, in my opinion. Wouldn't be upset by his inclusion though. :)

I feel like Viridi actually has the highest chances out of her, Hades, and Medusa, but I'll admit I'm biased.

I know Min Min is popular, she's definitely my favorite, but I don't see Arms getting 2 characters it's first go unless we count alt costumes as characters. I mean, I don't realistically think Splatoon will get more than 1, and that franchise is way bigger than Arms.
With Splatoon, there isn't much option for a second rep. I mean, the Octolings, but that could easily just be implemented as an alt costume for the Inklings. As I stated above, with Min Min she'd more so be that "Here's a last minute addition that was easy to implement, and she's popular. Boop. We changed a few moves so she's not exactly the same." She'd be a clone. I didn't try to delude myself, and I wanted to be realistic as I could with my roster. There will be clones. There always is. I also believe Spring Man will have Ribbon Girl alts. That's just me though.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Given how long Smash Switch may or may not have been in development (4 most, 2 least) the new Xenoblade character could be Elma from X for all we know.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Given how long Smash Switch may or may not have been in development (4 most, 2 least) the new Xenoblade character could be Elma from X for all we know.
God, I sure hope not. Xenoblade X's characters were generic and forgettable as hell.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
With Impa and Ganondorf: I feel like HW Impa could get in. The game was successdul enough for Nintendo to release it 3 times, but no, I do not think Ganondorf will get his HW look. It was just the icon I had for him.

Wonder Red: It was a popular game, and is Nintendo owned franchise. I agree he is unlikely though he'd make for an interesting addition for sure. Unlikely, but possible none the less.

Celica and FE16 Rep: One of them will get in. Nintendo probably gave Sakurai insider knowledge of the game beforehand. Fire Emblem is also a beloved franchise that's on the rise.

2 ARMS reps: For representation of all the different ARMS, and filler because Min Min would be a clone with a few unique moves.

Labo Bot just fit the bill of that WTF character we always get.

I agree Labo is a stretch. Substitute is just a placeholder for a Gen VIII Pokemon from Pokemon Switch. Ridley because the alleged leak. K. Rool as DLC because it'd be easy money for Nintendo and he was high on the Ballot apparently. As for a Rhythm Heaven rep, Sakurai likes unique and gimmick. They could have a rhythm based moveset that allowed them to cause more damage if done on beat. The last character you mention is Wonder Red. He is unlikely I agree, but I wouldn't be surprised by his inclusion.

I do not think Shovel Knight is likely. To me, the prestige isn't there, and even though he is on Nintendo consoles, he isn't Nintendo owned. A 3rd party, indie is going to need a lot to make it in, in my opinion. Wouldn't be upset by his inclusion though. :)

With Splatoon, there isn't much option for a second rep. I mean, the Octolings, but that could easily just be implemented as an alt costume for the Inklings. As I stated above, with Min Min she'd more so be that "Here's a last minute addition that was easy to implement, and she's popular. Boop. We changed a few moves so she's not exactly the same." She'd be a clone. I didn't try to delude myself, and I wanted to be realistic as I could with my roster. There will be clones. There always is. I also believe Spring Man will have Ribbon Girl alts. That's just me though.
I don't get why the Octolings couldn't be a last second clone, but Min Min could. Also Splatoon has nice array of characters to choose from. DJ Octavio, Cap'n Cuddlefish, Squid Sisters, Sheldon, Judd, etc.. There's plenty of weapons to choose from so they definitely have options there.

Going back to Octolings, who imo is the far more likely choice to be a second rep for Splatoon, they make perfect sense for a last second clone as the Octo expansion is coming out this year, they have similar models to the Inklings, and some of the weapons in Splatoon are perfect for the slight tweaks clones are made of. Squelcher instead of Splattershot, Suction Bomb instead of Splat Bomb. Changes the playstyle without having to put a whole lot of effort into it.

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
I think a lot of us are incorrectly using the term "shoo-in".

Inklings were a shoo-in. Spring Man and Rex/Pyra are only likely at best.
As far as "Switch reps" go, Rex and Springman are by far the shoo-ins for the consoles representation. The only other Switch original at the moment would be something from Labo, and that would be an off the wall character.

SuperSmashStephen

Smash Ace
I don't get why the Octolings couldn't be a last second clone, but Min Min could. Also Splatoon has nice array of characters to choose from. DJ Octavio, Cap'n Cuddlefish, Squid Sisters, Sheldon, Judd, etc.. There's plenty of weapons to choose from so they definitely have options there.

Going back to Octolings, who imo is the far more likely choice to be a second rep for Splatoon, they make perfect sense for a last second clone as the Octo expansion is coming out this year, they have similar models to the Inklings, and some of the weapons in Splatoon are perfect for the slight tweaks clones are made of. Squelcher instead of Splattershot, Suction Bomb instead of Splat Bomb. Changes the playstyle without having to put a whole lot of effort into it.
I know there are other characters in Splatoon, but DJ Octavio feels more like he'd be a stage hazard/boss, and the Squid Sisters would be the KK Slider of a Splatoon Stage. As for the others, from my knowledge, they are just NPCs.

As for the Octolings, you're right. They would make an easy last second inclusion. They could get in, and ARMS could just have one rep (two techincally, if Ribbon Girl is Spring Man's alts like I think she will be.)

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
I think a lot of us are incorrectly using the term "shoo-in".

Inklings were a shoo-in. Spring Man and Rex/Pyra are only likely at best.
Personally, I didn't even consider Inklings as a shoo-in.

Granted, I still thought they were the most likely character out of both Newcomers and Veterans, but there is always they chance that something would've prevented them from making the roster.

Now, what could've/would've prevented them from making it in, I have no idea, but like I said, there's always a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom