• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
I'm all but fed up with the baby characters in Mario Kart.

So I'd much prefer if they kept them the heck out of Smash.

______

Tbh, I think Ridley would seriously break the Internet at this point.
Nah.

These guys, however...would obliterate it.

...or...Miku Hatsune or Goku. .

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
I'm all but fed up with the baby characters in Mario Kart.

So I'd much prefer if they kept them the heck out of Smash.

______

Tbh, I think Ridley would seriously break the Internet at this point.
Probably just because we are being conditioned not to expect him.

That being said, Goku would have a much more observable effect hands down. I am ready. Everyone is going to flip their pancakes and eventually realize they wanted it outside of the purists that just ignore ROB because.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Nah.

Honestly, the salt would be pretty impressive. Though I don't know how impressive their moves would be.

Like, there's Salty, Super Salty and Super Salty 2, but this....would be going further beyond.

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
Honestly, the salt would be pretty impressive. Though I don't know how impressive their moves would be.

Like, there's Salty, Super Salty and Super Salty 2, but this....would be going further beyond.
Well, on the bright side, they have plenty of original moveset potential thanks to the many mods (items) and other gear they can get in their game.

To add even more salt, Sakurai could have them save Samus by beating down Ridley in their reveal trailer.

And...to continue the obliteration of the internet...

Lana showing up with the Skull Kid costume and summoning the Skull Kid AT during her reveal trailer or as part of a “Picture of the Day” with Sakurai making the following comment: “Are there TWO Skull Kids? Oh wait, that’s Lana dressed up as Skull Kid. While Skull Kid himself will not be a playable character, you can play as Lana and use his clothes. He doesn’t mind.”

...thus getting closer to Super Salty God.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
All wrong. The guaranteed newcomer that would shatter the internet into pieces.

Because Meow Meow!

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Wait are we actually debating if Baby Mario should be in Smash?
It confuses me too. Kamek checks all the boxes for being the second Yoshi rep.

Well, on the bright side, they have plenty of original moveset potential thanks to the many mods (items) and other gear they can get in their game.

To add even more salt, Sakurai could have them save Samus by beating down Ridley in their reveal trailer.

And...to continue the obliteration of the internet...

Lana showing up with the Skull Kid costume and summoning the Skull Kid AT during her reveal trailer or as part of a “Picture of the Day” with Sakurai making the following comment: “Are there TWO Skull Kids? Oh wait, that’s Lana dressed up as Skull Kid. While Skull Kid himself will not be a playable character, you can play as Lana and use his clothes. He doesn’t mind.”

...thus getting closer to Super Salty God.
Adding more salt, they announce King.K Rool. As an Alternate Costume for Charizard.

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
All wrong. The guaranteed newcomer that would shatter the internet into pieces.

Because Meow Meow!
Not bad. Not bad at all. They should consider adding...
Cat Peach, Cat Luigi ,Meowser and Pink Gold Peach while at it.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Nah.

And just when we got done talking about Federaton Force on Discord....

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
When it comes to a second Yoshi rep I'd be alright with Baby Mario though I'd much prefer Kamek.

Wouldn't mind both coming in tho

Last edited:

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
It confuses me too. Kamek checks all the boxes for being the second Yoshi rep.

Adding more salt, they announce King.K Rool. As an Alternate Costume for Charizard.
Or the return of the King K. Rool Mii Fighter costume for the Mii Fighters while adding new costumes based on Ridley and Black Shadow.

Hmm...new Yoshi rep? Kamek would be the most obvious choice or even Baby Bowser. Ah, that reminds me, I always wanted a SSB stage based on the final battle against Baby Bowser from the original Yoshi’s Island game.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
I kinda want Kamek, because I want the main antagonists (villains) from the original 10 series to be added to the roster.
I sort of want Porky for the same reason, but it is mostly just a coincidence that I prefer antagonists. I do not necessarily believe that they "need" to be there; however, at the same time, they usually inherently have more merit than other characters from the franchise.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I sort of want Porky for the same reason, but it is mostly just a coincidence that I prefer antagonists. I do not necessarily believe that they "need" to be there; however, at the same time, they usually inherently have more merit than other characters from the franchise.
That hit me right in the Giegue's.

BrytonJ

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5522-4120-7832
A couple thoughts on villains.

1. I've been thinking if they want to add more than just spring man as an Arms rep Dr. Coyle would be a really cool addition (although Ribbon Girl is obvi more likely.)
2. Like a lot of other people I'd like to see King K. Rool especially since it'd make it more likely for him to come back to the spotlight in future Donkey Kong games.
3. Vaati is cool too but seeing as they didn't even add him to Hyrule Warriors (as far as I can remember) I can't see him getting in to Smash.

Morbi

Scavenger
A couple thoughts on villains.

1. I've been thinking if they want to add more than just spring man as an Arms rep Dr. Coyle would be a really cool addition (although Ribbon Girl is obvi more likely.)
2. Like a lot of other people I'd like to see King K. Rool especially since it'd make it more likely for him to come back to the spotlight in future Donkey Kong games.
3. Vaati is cool too but seeing as they didn't even add him to Hyrule Warriors (as far as I can remember) I can't see him getting in to Smash.
I hope that Dr. Coyle is another character, but Ribbon Girl is an alternative for Spring Man, or vice versa. That would be ideal for me.

I do not even have hope. Nintendo has something against him.

I prefer Zant... Or Ghirahim... Or Skull Kid, but he would still be cool.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
My hope is for some Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE music, or even a stage.

That would be perfect.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I am new to the franchise. I just started playing Earthbound a couple of days ago. I thought Porky was the one that appeared twice, ha ha. I am not even sure if Giegue is just an alternative spelling of Giygas.
I could be wrong, but, from what I gathered, Giegue is his name when he's in his physical alien form in the first Mother game.
In the second he's disembodied and is Giygas.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Nah, Itsuki Aoi for Smash. :troll:

And yes, I know Atlus would rather promote a Persona/SMT character instead.
How I see it.

Jack Frost > Joker > Yu > Flynn/Nanashi > a TMS character.

Jack is the mascot of Atlus. He would be either playable or an AT.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
To be completely honest, I wasn’t all about #FE. Seemed sort of repetitive and meandering to be honest. Of course, that was my first introduction to Atlus style rpg’s so maybe I just ain’t a fan of that gameplay?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
To be completely honest, I wasn’t all about #FE. Seemed sort of repetitive and meandering to be honest. Of course, that was my first introduction to Atlus style rpg’s so maybe I just ain’t a fan of that gameplay?
Trust me, the other SMT/Persona titles didn't have Session mechanic to go on and on until your turn was up.

I feel the game would have been better if you could fast forward the sessions instead of watching the SAME animation over and over during a boss fight.

Last edited:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
as the guy who owned the Smash 4 Kamek thread, I think he shouldn't get in because Yoshi doesn't really need another character, plus Poochy has gained a ton of popularity since then.

D

Deleted member

Not going to lie if the Galactic Federation Marine got in or all of them I’d actually kind of laugh. But geez the internet would have a meltdown. The Ridley fans deserve him in but they’re reactions to that. Oye that would be something!

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
as the guy who owned the Smash 4 Kamek thread, I think he shouldn't get in because Yoshi doesn't really need another character, plus Poochy has gained a ton of popularity since then.
The way I see it, we are missing a fairy-esque creature. I'm not talking about the literal part about being a fairy, but rather, a more chibi style trickster that does things like move freely (ideally through the air) and use projectile or ranged attacks likely based on something akin to Magic.

It could be Kamek. Or Vaati. Or Ashley. Or my favorite, Lip.
But we do not have any character that fits this sort of archetype.

Last edited:

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
The way I see it, we are missing a fairy-esque creature. I'm not talking about the literal part about being a fairy, but rather, a more chibi style trickster that does things like move freely (ideally through the air).

It could be Kamek. Or Vaati. Or Ashley. Or my favorite, Lip.
But we do not have any character that fits this sort of archetype.
I mean Jigglypuff is a Fairy-type :troll:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Hey guys I need some help with my prediction roster. I see a lot of people “say this will be this games retro character” but I think there is more to it. I think sakurai adds a “retro gadget character” ie G&W-handhelds, ROB-robot toy, and Duckhunt-Zapper. So I’m wondering, what retro gadget and associated character will make it in smash 5?

Side note: are any characters linked to the power glove?
Track Meet, my name for the athlete from World Class Track Meet, the game best known for the NES Power Pad.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Sherrif does seem like the best idea for a retro hardware newcomer.

Imagine, the guy being re imagined into a quiet, sour cowboy with an emphasis on projectiles and maybe some lasso moves (cause he's a cowboy).

I can dig it.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I'm starting to think about Pokemon representation in Smash...

And I think that it will be, at the launch of the game:
-Pikachu
-Lucario
-Mewtwo
-Charizard
-Empoleon
-Decidueye

(And Jigglypuff is always likely, but I do think it is likely that the game will have many veterans as planned, Free, DLC, or a replacement for newcomers that are not hidden but instead get a true reveal with overnight drops into the game).

Then with a wildcard newbie being possibly in, or possibly relegated to extended DLC.
Perhaps as simple as Pichu returning with the old moveset, if Pikachu is drastically changed in this game.
Or perhaps, my beloved Trainer, or a Team Rocket style, or an Eevee, or who knows.

Empoleon and Decidueye would help round out a serious starter being in for each type, from a nice spread of generations across the years. Decidueye is popular and conceived with popularity and attacks in mind. As for Empoleon, it has not only been added into Pokken, but in the Pokemon retcon movie we saw Piplup, an always popular Pokemon from the anime, take place as the singular Water Starter to be represented. Likely remakes of Gen 4 games would further his current resurgence.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm starting to think about Pokemon representation in Smash...

And I think that it will be, at the launch of the game:
-Pikachu
-Lucario
-Mewtwo
-Charizard
-Empoleon
-Decidueye

(And Jigglypuff is always likely, but I do think it is likely that the game will have many veterans as planned, Free, DLC, or a replacement for newcomers that are not hidden but instead get a true reveal with overnight drops into the game).

Then with a wildcard newbie being possibly in, or possibly relegated to extended DLC.
Perhaps as simple as Pichu returning with the old moveset, if Pikachu is drastically changed in this game.
Or perhaps, my beloved Trainer, or a Team Rocket style, or an Eevee, or who knows.

Empoleon and Decidueye would help round out a serious starter being in for each type, from a nice spread of generations across the years. Decidueye is popular and conceived with popularity and attacks in mind. As for Empoleon, it has not only been added into Pokken, but in the Pokemon retcon movie we saw Piplup, an always popular Pokemon from the anime, take place as the singular Water Starter to be represented. Likely remakes of Gen 4 games would further his current resurgence.
Why did you cut Greninja and add Empoleon?

If you're going to use the movie as an argument, it'd apply to Piplup, not Emploleon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom