• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I never denied that they did not function the same. I even went out of my way to assert such, same as the other guy you are replying to. So, at this point, I am not really sure what you are trying to say, honestly.

He did. Objectively. Factually. In reality.
The point is that "Young Link" as a name is gone and never coming back to Smash.

TheSpitefulWolf

Smash Journeyman
maybe they should get a clue and make final smashes not world-ending apocalyptic and actually have counterplay, like mario's big ass fireball could become a smaller but better thing like a denjin or some **** and you can dodge/shield it or combo into it

might make the competitive community not utterly hate them i dunno

Lyndis_

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-6600-3090-1548
maybe they should get a clue and make final smashes not world-ending apocalyptic and actually have counterplay, like mario's big *** fireball could become a smaller but better thing like a denjin or some **** and you can dodge/shield it or combo into it

might make the competitive community not utterly hate them i dunno
The problem is really beyond that. They'd have to implement them into characters, like the supers in MvC3.

Otherwise you'd have a character like Sonic getting them pretty much 100% of the time... as it is right now they're something really designed for FFA and I don't think they'd want to change that.

Man...I TRIED playing Wonderful 101. I like the concept, I like the characters, I just...didn't like the execution. The game felt clunky and hard to control for me.

I'd love to see it get another chance.
Same here. I just could not get into it at all, it felt so unpolished.

Last edited:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I feel like Captain Toad would get in because of his prominence, while other Mario characters like Waluigi, Paper Mario, and Geno would get in due to fan demand. Of course moveset potential would play an important role on deciding who gets added too.

TylerBlackRunIt

I'm from YouTube
3DS FC
2509-3601-8302
My first roster prediction for Super Smash Bro. for Switch
3DS Roster.png

Returning Characters
- Ice Climbers
- Wolf
- Snake (Konami)

Newcomers
- Captain Toad (Toadette Alt Skin)
- Spring Man (Ribbon Girl Alt Skin)
- Paper Mario
- Dixie Kong
- King K Rool
- Ridley
- Bandana Waddle Dee
- 8th Generation Pokemon (Pokemon Switch)
- Takamaru
- Excite Biker (Retro Character)
- Chibi-Robo
- Karate Joe (Rhythm Heaven)
- Pyra + Rex
- Mythra + Rex
- Mallo (Pushmo) (Eshop Rep)
- Jibanyan (Yo-Kai Watch) (Level-5)
- Rayman (Ubisoft)
- Bomberman (Konami)
- Ryu Hayabusa (Koei Tecmo)
- Simon Belmont (Konami)
- Crash Bandicoot (Activision)

*Captain Louie is a alt skin for Captain Olimar
*Dark Pit now use the "Dark Pit Staff" instead of the Silver Bow

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
Not sure if other people care about spoilers for such an old game, but is Geno actually important to the plot of the game or anything?

Looking at the rosters of the past, unless I'm missing something, Smash has only added main characters or very important secondary characters. I'm not sure where people are getting their hopes up for these random side characters?

Lyndis_

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-6600-3090-1548

Honestly? That's genuinely a perfect roster in my eyes.

While I don't think a lot of these characters are likely, if that was the roster for Smash 5 I would never have to play another game again lol.

(The only thing I'd change if I were making it is adding SK, Porky, and Sylux. Not because I think they're realistic, but just that'd just make it a pure "dream roster" for me.)

Last edited:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Not sure if other people care about spoilers for such an old game, but is Geno actually important to the plot of the game or anything?

Looking at the rosters of the past, unless I'm missing something, Smash has only added main characters or very important secondary characters. I'm not sure where people are getting their hopes up for these random side characters?
He plays a very important role in the game. You should play it.

So_many_mails

Smash Apprentice
I really hope Jibanyan doesn't get in to be honest. That would show that there was no licensing or company reason Layton couldn't get in, they just chose Yokai Watch instead. I guess it could open the door to his inclusion later, but two 3rd parties from one company where neither are particularly iconic seems unlikely.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
As for 3rd party characters, there aren't any that I want as much as, or more than the ones we've already gotten.

I would like to see Geno, because he's not like your traditional guest character, he's also a Mario character which appeals to me as a Nintendo fanboy; plus he's a cool character from a fantastic game who would fit perfectly in Smash.

I think Crash is probably the next most "deserving" guest character. I think he would be a nice addition, and it would be cool to see him in a fight with Mario and Sonic.

There are other 3rd party characters I would be down with getting, but there are a bunch of Nintendo characters I want to see first.

Last edited:

?????????????

Smash Master

He's one of the main characters of the game. The one game he is in.

...Besides his cameo in Superstar Saga.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I saw a roster so I'll post mine too.

Here's my semi-realistic-wishlist roster:

Newcomers:

Pauline
Waluigi
Dixie Kong
King K. Rool
Zelda Newcomer
Takamaru
Ridley
Lip
???
Gen 8 Pokemon
Rex
Inklings
Spring Man
Rayman
Banjo-Kazooie

Returning Vets:

Ice Climbers
Wolf
Snake

Cuts:

Dr. Mario
Lucina

I'd say another Mario character is in order, it could really be either Pauline or Toad, but I'm leaning towards the former myself. Waluigi included under the Wario series banner. We've had series get up to four newcomers at once before, so it's high time DK gets at least two more. I have this weird feeling that Zelda is gonna get a new character, but I can't fathom who it is. Takamaru will probably be this game's "retro rep" and upgraded assist trophy like Mac. LOL Ridley. Take or leave Lip, I personally want her, but I still doubt her, so this may as well be another wild card slot. Smash symbol is the wild card slot. Insert as of yet unknown Pokemon from the upcoming Switch game here. Rex, yeah. Obviously ink'd. Spring Man even though practically anyone else from ARMS would be 10x better. Rayman is the next plausible third party candidate. Banjo is my pipe dream given a tiny sliver of a chance thanks to Phil's comment, I still extremely doubt it, but hope, could be a different third party instead.

Ice Climbers were only cut because of the 3DS so if they don't return now I'll eat a hat. People like Wolf, right? The situation with Snake is weird, but I'm cautiously optimistic with Konami still using the franchise name and Kojima still wanting him.

Doc can be a costume, rage all you want. Lucina is the easiest FE character to drop.

And here's a slightly more "realistic" roster.

Newcomers:
Pauly
Dixin Kang
King R. Kool
Masturbating Samurai
???
New Gen Pokemans
Splooners
Sprong Dude
Ramen

Returning Vets:

Ice Ice Baby
Awooooooo
Solid Snack

Cuts:

Dank Mayro
Flat Marth

Yeah, I still think it's high time DK gets two more characters, fite me.

You could replace Snake on this one, I just dunno any other third parties that might happen.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Where are these new spiffy roster images coming from? Is that the new roster maker? How do you go about finding it?

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
View attachment 138832
Returning Characters
- Ice Climbers
- Wolf
- Snake (Konami)

Newcomers
- Captain Toad (Toadette Alt Skin)
- Spring Man (Ribbon Girl Alt Skin)
- Paper Mario
- Dixie Kong
- King K Rool
- Ridley
- Bandana Waddle Dee
- 8th Generation Pokemon (Pokemon Switch)
- Takamaru
- Excite Biker (Retro Character)
- Chibi-Robo
- Karate Joe (Rhythm Heaven)
- Pyra + Rex
- Mythra + Rex
- Mallo (Pushmo) (Eshop Rep)
- Jibanyan (Yo-Kai Watch) (Level-5)
- Rayman (Ubisoft)
- Bomberman (Konami)
- Ryu Hayabusa (Koei Tecmo)
- Simon Belmont (Konami)
- Crash Bandicoot (Activision)

*Captain Louie is a alt skin for Captain Olimar
*Dark Pit now use the "Dark Pit Staff" instead of the Silver Bow
I'd die for this kind of roster, really. Has ton of fellas I want to see without going too much on the too obscure-territory.

Sadly I 100% expecting we're not getting anything close to this roster on the final game.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Uh... how about we segway into most wanted new third party characters?

Rayman is mine. Most wanted character overall this time for me. I'd also love to see Simon Belmont.
Bomberman by far for third-party. In fact, he's the only third-party I want and my most wanted character. Get him in and I'm there at launch.

Fans needs to be more vocal for him. He's in the best position to get into Smash that he's ever been in and third-party inclusion are mostly strongly influenced by fan demand. There's a large fan base for Smash waiting for him, they just need to speak up.

Oh and Super Bomberman R is coming to Steam, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. Konami has an investment in this franchise's future and with it already being a proven success on the Switch with DLC update for a long time (all free from what I recall), imagine how much better porting to three different system will do. I'm betting we get a new game within the next few years with a larger budget and for the port to get better reviews than the Switch.

Last edited by a moderator:

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118

Newcomers:

Pauline
Waluigi
Dixie Kong
King K. Rool
Zelda Newcomer
Takamaru
Ridley
Lip
???
Gen 8 Pokemon
Rex
Inklings
Spring Man
Rayman
Banjo-Kazooie

Returning Vets:

Ice Climbers
Wolf
Snake

Cuts:

Dr. Mario
Lucina

I'd say another Mario character is in order, it could really be either Pauline or Toad, but I'm leaning towards the former myself. Waluigi included under the Wario series banner. We've had series get up to four newcomers at once before, so it's high time DK gets at least two more. I have this weird feeling that Zelda is gonna get a new character, but I can't fathom who it is. Takamaru will probably be this game's "retro rep" and upgraded assist trophy like Mac. LOL Ridley. Take or leave Lip, I personally want her, but I still doubt her, so this may as well be another wild card slot. Smash symbol is the wild card slot. Insert as of yet unknown Pokemon from the upcoming Switch game here. Rex, yeah. Obviously ink'd. Spring Man even though practically anyone else from ARMS would be 10x better. Rayman is the next plausible third party candidate. Banjo is my pipe dream given a tiny sliver of a chance thanks to Phil's comment, I still extremely doubt it, but hope, could be a different third party instead.

Ice Climbers were only cut because of the 3DS so if they don't return now I'll eat a hat. People like Wolf, right? The situation with Snake is weird, but I'm cautiously optimistic with Konami still using the franchise name and Kojima still wanting him.

Doc can be a costume, rage all you want. Lucina is the easiest FE character to drop.

Newcomers:
Pauly
Dixin Kang
King R. Kool
Masturbating Samurai
???
New Gen Pokemans
Splooners
Sprong Dude
Ramen

Returning Vets:

Ice Ice Baby
Awooooooo
Solid Snack

Cuts:

Dank Mayro
Flat Marth

You could replace Snake on this one, I just dunno any other third parties that might happen.
Out of all the rosters i've seen as of late, I have got to agree with yours the most.

If your roster were a human i'd marry her.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445

Newcomers:

Pauline
Waluigi
Dixie Kong
King K. Rool
Zelda Newcomer
Takamaru
Ridley
Lip
???
Gen 8 Pokemon
Rex
Inklings
Spring Man
Rayman
Banjo-Kazooie

Returning Vets:

Ice Climbers
Wolf
Snake

Cuts:

Dr. Mario
Lucina

Newcomers:
Pauly
Dixin Kang
King R. Kool
Masturbating Samurai
???
New Gen Pokemans
Splooners
Sprong Dude
Ramen

Returning Vets:

Ice Ice Baby
Awooooooo
Solid Snack

Cuts:

Dank Mayro
Flat Marth

Good god marios cast makes quarter half of the roster , that would be scary .

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Out of all the rosters i've seen as of late, I have got to agree with yours the most.

If your roster were a human i'd marry her.
You may now kiss.

Making that in Sai sounds painful. I always try to use Paint.NET whenever I'm editing and not drawing, lol.
Sai is all I know.

Good god marios cast makes quarter half of the roster , that would be scary .
Mario's games take up well more of that in Nintendo's library.

T-Hell

Smash Lord

Newcomers:

Pauline
Waluigi
Dixie Kong
King K. Rool
Zelda Newcomer
Takamaru
Ridley
Lip
???
Gen 8 Pokemon
Rex
Inklings
Spring Man
Rayman
Banjo-Kazooie

Returning Vets:

Ice Climbers
Wolf
Snake

Cuts:

Dr. Mario
Lucina

Newcomers:
Pauly
Dixin Kang
King R. Kool
Masturbating Samurai
???
New Gen Pokemans
Splooners
Sprong Dude
Ramen

Returning Vets:

Ice Ice Baby
Awooooooo
Solid Snack

Cuts:

Dank Mayro
Flat Marth

Man, now that I see your custom roster design, I can totally see them actually making the character' case full of fire, which would be amazing.

D

Deleted member

I might be the only person who doesn't like this roster that much. :laugh: I'm extremely picky and none of my top 3 most wanted newcomers are there. It's not bad but I've seen better. Also,

y'all gotta lower y'all's expectations.
This so much.

Last edited by a moderator:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Has anyone taken notice of the fact that Sakurai made special note of the fact that Waluigi is not playable both times he was reveled to be an assist trophy?

For his reveal on the Brawl Dojo his message read
"The fact that he’s an Assist Trophy means he won’t be appearing as a playable character, but... Waluigi appeares nonetheless!"

For his reveal on the Pic of the Day his message read
"Once again, Waluigi's Assist Trophy joins the collection!! … Which also means he's not a playable character. Just because you try hard doesn't mean you'll make it into the battle."

To make special note of a character not being playable multiple times is quite interesting. What will be Waluigi's fate this time around I wonder.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I-I'm sorry, what?
You don't know the legendary tale of Masturbating Samurai, the great hero from the prefecture of HAL who saved the ancient Nintendojo with his ultimate technique, Dairantō Smash Brothers?

Can't say I blame you, it's pretty niche.

Morbi

Scavenger
People already in love with this roster but y'all gotta lower y'all's expectations.
I only really expect an addition of about 5-10 characters, not counting potential clones, leaning more towards the five myself. Spring Man, Xenoblade 2 (Rex and Pyra), Pokemon Replacement, Fire Emblem Replacement, Waluigi and a Metroid character (likely Sylux, but hopefully Ridley). Takamaru as the likely retro character and Nintendo Labo as the "wtf is Sakurai" character (I hope he skips this one). Oh, and a third-party character. Goku or Banjo (in other words, Crash).

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If we should get Inkling and Ridley (big if on that one) I'm pretty chill with whoever else they add~

Graizen

Smash Champion
I have paid a friend of mine to make a Agumon vs Pikachu animation to Support Agumon 4 Smash.
(Its not finished yet)

I hope it helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom