• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Hey, hey I'm back after watching the rest of My Hero Academia having caught up to all episodes. What I miss?

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Yeah, suggesting they could easily "age Viridi up" is a huge stretch. Even characters who get Smash redesigns like Roy don't get changes that drastic.
Sakurai completely revamped Pit and most of Palutena’s design, so revamping a character he made isn’t really a huge stretch
Medusa has those same powers too.. Except its with darkness and of course shes not going to use any of them to help Pit.

Agreed, as Viridi said anything Palutena can do she can do better. lol

Im all for Medusa and Viridi both, more Kid Icarus please! I would totes be all in for a new Kid Icarus game for the Switch, hey here's a idea.. Add Medusa as a echo and then add Viridi as a new character to promote it.

If they did that, then it wouldnt be Viridi as we know her though
Or make older Viridi an alt if Palutena...or make her a semi clone...anything to get her in the game

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I'd take Croco over Boshi any day. I like his 20s gangster attitude as opposed to Boshi's...I barely remember his personality. He's a bully I guess?
He was more power hungry than a mere bully. Remember that he's Yoshi's opposite and in the context of 1996, that was the opposite of what Yoshi would do. Imagine what he'd be like with Yoshi being the way he is NOW

Noipoi

Howdy!
He was more power hungry than a mere bully. Remember that he's Yoshi's opposite and in the context of 1996, that was the opposite of what Yoshi would do. Imagine what he'd be like with Yoshi being the way he is NOW
...I dunno what would he do now?

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
I'm not saying he's impossible, and if there's anyone who can think of a way to implement the character, it's Sakurai. My doubt is that Sakurai would even consider the character, based on the fact that there's little to no potential for any personality to be conveyed.
See this is where I have to disagree with you, as I won't argue that what is essentially a stand in skin with a name doesn't lack substance, but I will argue against the idea that Sakurai wouldn't consider a way to make Steve work simply because of his facial neutrality. If he's popular, iconic, and gets requested a lot (which Steve does) Sakurai will consider him, and whether or not he decides against him is something we can't know unless he talks about it himself. Despite his lack of in game personality, I can imagine ways of bringing a bit of sillyness out of the character in the same way that was done with G&W. Chasing chickens, doing stuff at a work bench, putting up a sign, there's obviously a way to do it, it'd just take effort, an effort which I don't think is beyond the Smash team.

Now, this all isn't to say I think Steve would be an optimal choice for the game. I still don't think his opportunity should be dismissed simply because he's kind of plain superficially, when Sakurai can obviously work with what Steve offers.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Imagine what an absolutely vile and disgusting creature Boshi would be when you consider Yoshi has grown to be kind, loyal and affectionate.
He'd probably be Wario/Waluigi levels (which isn't bad, they're hilarious). Remember, this is Nintendo we're talking about. They probably wouldn't make him the spawn of Satan, he'd just cause trouble and get into shenanigans.

D

Deleted member

Y'know. I wonder if some people think the character ideas I've offered up are crazy or not lol. I just get that feeling sometimes.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
He'd probably be Wario/Waluigi levels (which isn't bad, they're hilarious). Remember, this is Nintendo we're talking about. They probably wouldn't make him the spawn of Satan, he'd just cause trouble and get into shenanigans.
I'd say cause trouble to a higher scale than Wario/Waluigi but lower than Bowser. Is that fair?

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
Honestly though, getting to hear the main menu music...

I don't wanna say I'm getting excited, because we probably still have a looooooong wait for the next Direct, but goddamn that's an amazing menu theme.
I can't stop listening to it myself. Just imagining going through the menus, hearing the announcer as I select..."MARIO! SONIC!"...the battles I'll have...oh man the hype.

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
If we don't get anything this week... we really slowed down to a halt huh?
well at the very least, we know from official sources now that something is bound to happen eventually very soon. Maybe not THIS week but the speculation has gone from Youtube playlists changing (which, as we saw, meant nothing) and box arguments for the 69th time to HOLY HELL THE HYPE TRAIN IS LURCHING FORWARD!! With hella good music to fuel our hype.

Still waiting for that Final Destination theme.

Also if we could get the title theme of Finding Nemo on this game somehow that would be great. The ****ing most beautiful thing I've ever heard.

osby

Smash Obsessed
You're right.

Because there's no way Brawl can compete with the new menu theme.
I think they are both good for different reasons. Ultimate theme is more energic and gets you pumped up, while Brawl's theme feels like prelude to something bigger aka Subspace Emissary.

Brawl still has best Final Destination music, though, but I'd like to see Ultimate changing this.

Shroob

Sup?
Shroob being optimistic? This drought really has made you crazy.
I've always expected 3-5 characters though.

I've just always disagreed on the prospect of a Robin/Lucina type reveal, since, if there really are only 3-5 characters left, why wouldn't you just drop them all at once in a final direct?

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Still waiting for that Final Destination theme.

Also if we could get the title theme of Finding Nemo on this game somehow that would be great. The ****ing most beautiful thing I've ever heard.
The New FD theme is definitely the track I'm looking forward to the most.
LETS GO CHORUS KIDS, INCINEROAR, 9-VOLT. SKULL KID, BANJO KAZOOIE, PHOENIX WRIGHT, EGGMAN, GENO, AND INCINEROAR!
We can't add him, he's too powerful!

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Honestly, if Verg's legit, he may not have anything else.
This is a good point. This speculation cycle has been different in that there is no one source that has all or most of the information (like ChaosZero for Brawl or Sal Romano's source for Sm4sh) or multiple sources that come together for a full picture (such as the other Brawl leakers and Ninka/Vaanrose). Instead we just have Vergeben.
I think they are both good for different reasons. Ultimate theme is more energic and gets you pumped up, while Brawl's theme feels like prelude to something bigger aka Subspace Emissary.

Brawl still has best Final Destination music, though, but I'd like to see Ultimate changing this.
I will give you Brawl having the best Final Destination music. That theme is truly amazing.

Eru13

Smash Apprentice
I just noticed how the time between smash news for the fandom pretty much makes us go through the stages of grief:

- denial: there's no way we're not going to get like 10 more characters and echoes
- anger: wtf sakurai!? where's my direct? I've been waiting forever!!
- bargaining: Well, I guess we maybe could get a new direct sometime next week or on the first half of november
- depression: kencineroar is all that's left, spirits mode is going to suck and we'll never get any more info
- acceptance: I'll just log off and actually play some games while I wait

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I just noticed how the time between smash news for the fandom pretty much makes us go through the stages of grief:

- denial: there's no way we're not going to get like 10 more characters and echoes
- anger: wtf sakurai!? where's my direct? I've been waiting forever!!
- bargaining: Well, I guess we maybe could get a new direct sometime next week or on the first half of november
- depression: kencineroar is all that's left, spirits mode is going to suck and we'll never get any more info
- acceptance: I'll just log off and actually play some games while I wait
I dunno, I feel like I've been stuck on stage 4-5 for the entire cycle.
God, I hope Spirits isn't a gimmick mode like Smash tour.

Shroob

Sup?
This is a good point. This speculation cycle has been different in that there is no one source that has all or most of the information (like ChaosZero for Brawl or Sal Romano's source for Sm4sh) or multiple sources that come together for a full picture (such as the other Brawl leakers and Ninka/Vaanrose). Instead we just have Vergeben.

I will give you Brawl having the best Final Destination music. That theme is truly amazing.
Yup, pretty much.

As far as 'leaking' is concerned, Verg more or less stands alone in this regard.

We don't have a Ninka/rose leak this time or something like that, and we know Verg's information isn't 100% complete due to the stuff that he hasn't leaked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom