• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Honestly, in regards to Dante in Smash, I think there's one major thing holding him back.

Kamiya has said before that he wants Dante and Bayonetta to meet on his own terms. This is the reason Bayonetta didn't show up in Project X Zone. As big of a deal as Smash is, I just don't see that being the stage he wants to set up for them. Could it be? It could. But I don't really think so. The way he put it makes it seem like he'd want something more than them sharing the spotlight with dozens of others and maybe just having a trailer together.
It's kind of ironic to quote that article without mentioning the fact the whole point of it was to say how he regretted it. He wouldn't second guess himself after that, especially when it would be having him in Smash.

Last edited by a moderator:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I guess that's kind of it with Nintendo fans generally preferring more stylized characters over realistic looking ones, which is probably why characters like Dante don't get as much support over someone like Phoenix Wright. (That and the lack of familiarity with Nintendo fans)

I mean, didn't Richter also end up being the more popular inclusion over Simon when they where revealed?

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I mean Lloyd isn't from a franchise that's been associated with Nintendo either

Capcom has so many cool ****ing characters that you could make a Smash game just with them. It's why my big brain dummy wishlist had like 30 of them
It still feels surreal Morrigan and Phoenix Right appeared in two different crossovers together and they have unique battle dialogue in one.

Last edited:

MainJPW

M.T.A
Which I wonder if that's just a Smash community thing because outside of that its the opposite, it seems. I get the costume and AT absence but whew.
They may not be as “popular” as Shadow apparently, but at least Tails and Eggman cameo’d In Wreck it Ralph. They got to appear on the big screen before Edgy the Hedgy.

That’s what happens when you’re an iconic character. :p

I don’t know about Eggman fighting outside of a mech, though. The only time that happened was his dummied out mechless variant in Fighters.

I mean he’s definitely strong and fit but he’s usually inside a machine.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Wait did the unwanted stepchild sell 16 million? Considering Ninja Theory sold the Donte model for a dentist video I highly doubt that

I mean what happened there was primarily Disney's fault
Naw, Capcom is just as much at fault. Disney limited the resources they could pull from, but that's pretty much it. The way it looks, the way it was rushed, the presentation, the lackluster Capcom half of the roster, that's all on them.

Honestly, Capcom is really getting their groove back, but they REALLY need to clean up their fighting game division.

Last edited:

Eru13

Smash Apprentice
I don't know if this has been talked about yet but I noticed something interesting on the smash website's music page

So far, we've gotten 3 songs from series which have no stage/fighter representation:
- Snipperclips
- Galaga
- Tomodachi Life

What I noticed is that, while Snipperclips and Galaga share a generic music note symbol, Tomodachi Life doesn't, it has it's own "house" symbol

And so far (afaik) only series with either a stage or a fighter get their own symbol. considering Tomodachi Life is a Mii game which doesn't really have important characters, doesn't this pretty much confirm we're getting a Tomodachi Life stage? (much like we got Wrecking Crew or Pilot Wings stages)

And also that any links including stages which don't include a Tomodachi Life stage are double-confirmed fake?

Edit: I'm an idiot, I forgot we already had one Tomodachi Life stage on Smash 3DS

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I guess that's kind of it with Nintendo fans generally preferring more stylized characters over realistic looking ones, which is why characters like Dante don't get as much support over someone like Phoenix Wright.

I mean, didn't Richter also end up being the more popular inclusion over Simon when they where revealed?
It was because Richter is hot and all the guys were thirsty for him.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
I guess that's kind of it with Nintendo fans generally preferring more stylized characters over realistic looking ones, which is why characters like Dante don't get as much support over someone like Phoenix Wright.
Yeah

It's even weirder when you consider people use the "too realistic" argument against a certain character despite the fact that we already have the likes of :ultbayonetta: and :ultsnake:.

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
I don't know if this has been talked about yet but I noticed something interesting on the smash website's music page

So far, we've gotten 3 songs from series which have no stage/fighter representation:
- Snipperclips
- Galaga
- Tomodachi Life

What I noticed is that, while Snipperclips and Galaga share a generic music note symbol, Tomodachi Life doesn't, it has it's own "house" symbol

And so far (afaik) only series with either a stage or a fighter get their own symbol. considering Tomodachi Life is a Mii game which doesn't really have important characters, doesn't this pretty much confirm we're getting a Tomodachi Life stage? (much like we got Wrecking Crew or Pilot Wings stages)

And also that any links including stages which don't include a Tomodachi Life stage are double-confirmed fake?
We already got one silly
800px-SSBU-Tomodachi_Life.png

Last edited:

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118

- Snipperclips
- Galaga
- Tomodachi Life

Here ya go pal

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura

- Snipperclips
- Galaga
- Tomodachi Life

Edit: I'm an idiot, I forgot we already had one Tomodachi Life stage on Smash 3DS
The 3DS Tomodachi Life stage is in Ultimate. It's been known since E3.

Edit: :ultgreninja:'d

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Capcom has so many cool characters and IPs that honestly I would gladly accept like 20 "reps" from them.

Phoenix "GOAT" Wright
Miles Edgeworth
Ken
Chun-Li
Cammy
Sakura
Vega
Leon Kennedy
Jill Valentine
Amaraetsu
Hunter
Dante

Hmmm glorious

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
This pisses me off so much. I get that Bayonetta’s broken, but that’s no excuse to cut Dante IMO. No offense intended to you CaptainAmerica CaptainAmerica .
Don’t worry. I really don’t know either character. I actually stopped playing Sm4sh before she released. I’m just reporting what the common arguments are.

I think in the end, we all have our own views on what makes a character/series iconic as well. I know in the last RTC thread, I had no clue who Rayman was and I though Crash was Sony’s failed attempt at trying to capture some of Sonic’s popularity. But I’d never heard of Ubisoft as a company until Assassin’s Creed and I always had an Xbox.

All that we know is any potential third party characters will generate huge salt mines, so everyone should get their shovels ready for DLC - that’s a great time for more third parties to join.

Good luck, and start praying.
Tailsanddovahkiinandtailsanddovahkiinandtailsanddovahkiin...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
A lot of these characters have even had starring roels on Nintendo too... not so much Dante, but RE4 (Leons big game) launched first on Game Cube first, plenty of RE games are on Nintendo, a few Tekken games are on Nintendo, and when DOOM Eternal releases, 5 of the 6 main DOOM games (all but DOOM 3) will be on Nintendo, with one (DOOM 64) still being exclusive to N64. Theres just not a lot of interest in them from Nintnedo players aside from maybe RE4. But they all share Ninty history or are iconic (or both).
Resident Evil seems the most likely to get a character in out of all of these. I never owned RE4, but remember it being played everywhere. Was a quite solid franchise, does it still even live? Tekken is indeed obvious, and if Ryu can fit, so can they. I would prefer Soul Calibur however, or a character from both franchises; Yoshimitsu. I never really knew DOOM was all that big, but yes I guess DOOM 64 was pretty popular, just don't think that one good game as a Nintendo exclusive warrants playablility.

D

Deleted member

They may not be as “popular” as Shadow apparently, but at least Tails and Eggman cameo’d In Wreck it Ralph. They got to appear on the big screen before Edgy the Hedgy.

That’s what happens when you’re an iconic character. :p
....that's what happens when you have appeared in the arcade in a movie about arcade games.
Had Shadow existed back in the days of Sonic the Fighters, don't you think he'd be making a cameo as well?

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
So about that Incineroar youtube title leak that I said prior that it is easily faked?
Untitled3.png

Bam! It is that easy to recreate! Click Inspect, change the title, crop it and there is the leak!

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Capcom has so many cool characters and IPs that honestly I would gladly accept like 20 "reps" from them.

Phoenix "GOAT" Wright
Miles Edgeworth
Ken
Chun-Li
Cammy
Sakura
Vega
Leon Kennedy
Jill Valentine
Amaraetsu
Hunter
Dante

Hmmm glorious
Then there's more dumb **** like Arthur, Captain Commando, literally all of the ****ing Darkstalkers, etc

D

Deleted member

That new Tomodachi Life remix is pretty jammin'.

More Mii music please, Nintendo. Mii games have way better soundtracks than one would think, TBH.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Wait did the unwanted stepchild sell 16 million? Considering Ninja Theory sold the Donte model for a dentist video I highly doubt that

I mean what happened there was primarily Disney's fault
Disney wasn't at fault for the trash Capcom side or the low budget or the ugly graphics

D

Deleted member

- Snipperclips
- Galaga
- Tomodachi Life

I love these ultra complicated consoiracy theories on things that are already confirmed.

Phoenix "GOAT" Wright
Miles Edgeworth
Ken
Chun-Li
Cammy
Sakura
Vega
Leon Kennedy
Jill Valentine
Amaraetsu
Hunter
Dante

Hmmm glorious
You're right and you should say it.
....that's what happens when you have appeared in the arcade in a movie about arcade games.
Had Shadow existed back in the days of Sonic the Fighters, don't you think he'd be making a cameo as well?
Wait, what arcade game did Bowser show up in?

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
I would like to admit that I never play any DMC before, but seeing all this discussion about dante now makes me want to play some DMC. Knowing that there's HD collection of DMC which is available on Xbox one. I won't be surprised if Nintendo announces that DMC is coming to nintendo Switch.

Don't worry, I will not play that ****ty DmC game.

Dcas

Smash Journeyman
So we are just waiting for the imminent announcement for Inceneroar.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Then there's more dumb **** like Arthur, Captain Commando, literally all of the ****ing Darkstalkers, etc
Let's go all the way! Viewtiful Joe! Roll! Dan Hibiki! MegaMan.EXE! Bring back Ruby Heart while we're at it!
Joe would make such a good assist trophy I'm just saying

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
And here I am sitting in the minority that Capcom doesn’t need a third series represented in a Nintendo game.
There's already three. DMC would be four.
I would like to admit that I never play any DMC before, but seeing all this discussion about dante now makes me want to play some DMC. Knowing that there's HD collection of DMC which is available on Xbox one. I won't be surprised if Nintendo announces that DMC is coming to nintendo Switch.

Don't worry, I will not play that ****ty DmC game.
DmC is actually a pretty good game.

DMC2 is the **** one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom