• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Literally nobody is hating on Isabelle supporters. Also, people are allowed to be disappointed and upset. People aren't always going to be satisfied.
I was mainly referring to people who decide to be a bunch of ****wads to fans of a character regardless of whether they got in or not. I should have probably worded that better.

PlasmaDam

Smash Journeyman
Why are smash fans so spoiled like we got Ridley and Krool and the veterans back and yet people still are mad that we didnt get Issac or skull kid revealed like be happy smash fans you guys keep asking for more and more

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
the problem i have is that its trailer for a fighting game and this had no energy to it. It just left me feeling super empty about a new character
And you're free to have your opinion.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Literally nobody is hating on Isabelle supporters. Also, people are allowed to be disappointed and upset. People aren't always going to be satisfied.
Well, maybe not in this thread specifically, but it's true that Isabelle supporters are getting hate right now. We shouldn't deny things like this.

I do agree with what you're saying about people being allowed to be disappointed or upset, it's just that disappointment is no excuse to be an ******* to other people. The same goes for hype, too.

We can at least try not be sore winners/losers.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Yeah I mean it's not a crazy reveal, awesome for Animal Crossing fans for sure though. That's a series that I always dip into, play a bunch for a bit, but then realize it's becoming like a job with a repetitious daily grind and I drop it cold turkey lol. So I'm decidedly neutral at the announcement of even the new game in the series because I don't want to trick myself into repeating the cycle.

As for the rest of the direct, no mention of the three big titles I wanted, so also not too great. However, I appreciate all of the Final Fantasy stuff coming our way--it is exciting not just in itself but also exciting for what this relationship can mean for the future. XII in particular was one I have been desiring to give a go.

Also the Gamefreak RPG "Town" I am curious about. Not crazy about how it looks but I know not to harshly judge the experience for its childish aesthetic.

SSB4Dojo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CommanderCanuck7
For me, the trailer was a perfect representation of what Animal Crossing is and the beginning was brilliant as you didn't fully know if they were announcing Smash or a new AC game. It seems that since the AC Switch reveal was still part of the same trailer, Sakurai's hands were tied to the reveal of Isabelle. I feel a later reveal after another truly unique fighter or two would have made the fact she is a semi clone easier to swallow. Either way I am excited she is here but since Sakurai had to show her in a general direct so they could reveal AC Switch, it just feels she is too early.

I am excited to try her moveset out. Her burying of the Lloyd Rocket has me intrigued as it seems to be an extension potentially of Snake's Brawl down special which makes me extremely happy.

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
I love Isabelle so hard since she appeared in Animal Crossing but I don´t supported her for Smash, never get hyped with her inclusion, but I had been smiling the whole trailer, she´s one of the purest things in the world. Lovely, one of my fav Nintendo characters by far. Isabelle´s final smash blows up the Town Hall. My God, the cconcept.
First the Icies, later K. Rool and now Isabelle. If Dixie and Banjo are in too (at least the pink monkey) Ultimate will be like a present to me. Everything I wanted and even more.

Meritocracy

Smash Apprentice
My thought is that The leaker who's name I'm not even going to try to spell had actual info about charecters, but was left in the dark about which were echoes, so he proceeded to make logical assumption about echo hood.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
"Metroid and DKC have each have only two unique fighters! What an outrage, Nintendo's biggest franchises deserve more!"

"What? Animal Crossing has a non-echo fighter? What did it do to deserve that!?"

C'mon people.

And no, Isabelle is not a clone because of just three moves.

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
But that doesn’t prove it is Geno though, nor did he say it was Geno did he? Genuinely curious
Of course not. But most (including) just assume it's Geno because of how fanservice-y all newcomers have been so far. The only other SE character that could work like that is Terra, and even then I feel like that's scraping from the bottom of the barrel.

Smearglangelo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UltraKoopaTroopa
3DS FC
4124-5097-9262
Isabelle's trailer was terrible and dragged on for way too long, no wonder it's in a general Nintendo direct and not a Smash specific one.

Despite my view on the trailer, I'm really happy about Isabelle's inclusion in Smash Ultimate. She's an AC fan favorite and looks fun to play.

Last edited:

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
Part of me is really sad that Dark Samus isn't a semi-clone.

Another part of me is very excited at the thought of Shadow being a semi-clone.
No no no no no Tails should have that semi-clone spot! Just make Shadow an echo, Tails a semi clone ala Isabelle. I get that Shadow's wanted for Smash but he should NOT be getting the more unique moveset in comparison to the other potential Sonic character that would benefit more from it (you know, he has tails and stuff). If the Tails/Knuckles Mii costumes and Knuckles then getting an assist are anything to go by...

blazefan519

Smash Ace
Hoo boi, was doing a quick scope around to see how people took the direct and there's salt mines for miles kek. Anyways, might as well give my thoughts.

I personally loved it. All of the announcements I found myself enjoying except the online

I may be the only one who thinks this but I loved the Isabelle trailer trailer. Subdueing your expectations of it being an Animal Crossing game reveal, and then it turns out it's a Smash reveal, only to reveal that Animal Crossing is coming to Switch too, all while perfectly catching how the series is. Also Tom Nook looked so depressed, and was hilarious. And she's basically a unique character too which surprised me. People are calling her semi-clone but literally only 2 of her moves are pulled from Villager, so I'd say she's more unique than not.

Last edited:

KingBroly

Smash Lord
I find it incredibly hard to believe there's a second Square rep and it isn't Geno. Everything has been lining up for him, and no other Square rep really seems particularly likely. But then again, I'm often wrong.
If it's not Geno, it's either Chrono or Sora

Shroob

Sup?
Vergeben said a 2nd SE character.

Dante leak says it's not Geno.

Then who the hell could it b-----

47f.jpg

O-Oh no....

OH NO

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
So... anybody wanna guess when the next character reveal trailer will be?
I'm guessing we're gonna get a solo reveal trailer sometime in Late September/Early October, just like what they did with Robin and Lucina.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Guys, guys, you are all posting so much!

Can we take all the moment to REMIND that it's a Nintendo Direct, NOT a Smash Direct? I was surprised that there was just one newcomer but I'm ACTUALLY pretty happy about it. This is a Nintendo Direct in general, NOT A Smash Direct. Honestly, it's like you expected more Smash stuffs. You put your expectations high, and as a result, you're feeling disappointed!

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
This Isabelle reveal gives hope to the Dixie Kong supporters.
It sure does. All anyone has talked about for months that she has to be a Diddy Echo because unique newcomers have to be totally unique and semi-clones can't exist. Its literally the only thing thats been debated. The hardcore supporters keep fighting for her spot with a unique number, while more casual supporters insist its Echo or bust. Now we can finally reach a middle ground.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Just look at all the confirmed newcomers one by one... there is one that sticks out like a sore thumb
Smash's whole thing is that all these characters are different and don't look like they belong together.. That's the point, the appeal.
Look at Ridley and Kirby, should Kirby not be in? How about Snake and Pichu?

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
"Metroid and DKC have each have only two unique fighters! What an outrage, Nintendo's biggest franchises deserve more!"

"What? Animal Crossing has a non-echo fighter? What did it do to deserve that!?"

C'mon people.

And no, Isabelle is not a clone because of just three moves.
Yeah. That x100.

:smash:

Dante's coming on November bros
Wait..... Vergebren's saying Geno won't be in Smash?

Oh, noooooo........ I'm really hoping he's wrong now.

Well what do you know, as it turns out...
Sakurai cared about my health after all. ;)

I'd like to thank all the people who constantly say that the fact something has never happened before means it won't happen. You made this victory possible and even sweeter for me.
Hey, where'd ya get that gif? 'Cause Imma make it my signature if Geno does make it.

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
There was definitely less Smash in this direct than I anticipated, but Isabelle is a great addition to the roster. She's a hugely popular Nintendo character and that's what this whole series is about.

This roster is already so incredible that I can't even fathom how anyone could be disappointed with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom