• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
It's not just straight Nostalgia, at least not entirely. I was born to in 84 so I've been exposed to nearly all the characters I listed at one point and time. Some it is simply more that certain characters somehow just don't connect with me in one form or another. I should be nostalgic for Geno and yet I'm not at all.
Well, yeah, naturally. It helps to have actually really liked those things during your childhood.

I’ll tell you right now I don’t miss land line phones and dial-up internet in the least.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I would be totally into a stage for it.

Not so much the character, but I do, in fact, really like Minecraft so it would be cool to see.
I just want more new stages in general. Minecraft would be fine, even though I've never played it.

The fact that they're bringing back seemingly almost all of the old stages is cool, but I want new ones. (And also Melee's FD. Not really a fan of Smash 4's or 5's FD.)

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Well, yeah, naturally. It helps to have actually really liked those things during your childhood.

I’ll tell you right now I don’t miss land line phones and dial-up internet in the least.
I actually really miss the simplicity of landline phones.

I'd go back to the 90s in a heartbeat before we all had supercomputers in our pockets and were in constant contact with everyone at all times. Simply not being available to take a phone call apparently isn't a thing anymore, and nobody wants to communicate in anything but emojis and poorly spelled tweets.

(I'll just take my old man cane and leave...)

osby

Smash Obsessed
A question for you nerds: There are mere hours until the direct and we have a thunderstorm-no lights combo.

Which newcomer universe tries to warn me about?

Turtlar

Smash Apprentice
I know the whole topic of Minecraft content is very controversial. but I really would love a stage based on it. could easily be like a Mario Maker 2.0 with different layouts throughout the match
As someone who used to play the game quite a bit, I think a stage based on Minecraft would be ideal. The game isn't known for its characters, but rather the world you interact with. A Creeper assist trophy wouldn't be bad either, but I really wouldn't want Steve as a playable character. I just don't think he be very interesting, personally.

MainJPW

M.T.A
So does anyone else think that K. Rool will definitely return to Donkey Kong games? At this point, it would seem like the—
Nintendo has seen the error of their ways.

They have observed the overwhelming fan demand for the character and will no doubt include him in future games as a result.

Resistance is futile. I hope.

Primal Cookie

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 2532 0420 7538
As someone who used to play the game quite a bit, I think a stage based on Minecraft would be ideal. The game isn't known for its characters, but rather the world you interact with. A Creeper assist trophy wouldn't be bad either, but I really wouldn't want Steve as a playable character. I just don't think he be very interesting, personally.
I think he would be interesting (and really work as a Link echo), but that doesn’t mean I want him. A stage would do. (This is coming from someone who spent 3.5 years of their life playing Minecraft in their free time)

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
D

Deleted member

Well, that was an...interesting turn for the thread.

*Ahem* Moving on, how would people feel if a demo was announced to coincide with the Online Service launching? I know this topic was brought up a bit yesterday, but I didn't see it discussed all that much.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
That cursed me alright, reminding me that the Lords of Shadow games exist.

Good thing there will be zero acknowledgement of that in Smash.
> Implying Sakurai doesn't reference bad games in Smash
> We clearly get Castlevania Judgement music with Simon
> There are songs based on Federation Farce and Yoshi's Crap New Island in Ultimate.
> Color Trash songs are inevitable

lol

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
That cursed me alright, reminding me that the Lords of Shadow games exist.

Good thing there will be zero acknowledgement of that in Smash.
I'm gonna laugh when there is, in the form of a trophy or a music track of some kind. The devs reference even some of the most lackluster/panned games in a given franchise sometimes (e.g. Other M).

Looks like AwesomeAussie27 AwesomeAussie27 beat me to it. Judgment wasn't exactly a gem, lol

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Well, that was an...interesting turn for the thread.

*Ahem* Moving on, how would people feel if a demo was announced to coincide with the Online Service launching? I know this topic was brought up a bit yesterday, but I didn't see it discussed all that much.
If it's going to make people complain less about the online services, I'm all for it.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
But, Doomguy has competition with Skyrim. That, and he might be seen as "too violent".
:ultbayonetta::ultsnake:

Skyrim is also one game (a great game, but still one game), whereas Doom has been going strong for decades. There isn't really a way to compare the two.

A question for you nerds: There are mere hours until the direct and we have a thunderstorm-no lights combo.

Which newcomer universe tries to warn me about?
Lightning from FF13

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
If it's going to make people complain less about the online services, I'm all for it.
People are just gonna complain about it being behind a pay gate.

Not me though, I'm splitting online with a bunch of other people so it's a non-issue
Even if I wasn't it'd be a non-issue.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I'm gonna laugh when there is, in the form of a trophy or a music track of some kind. The devs reference even some of the most lackluster/panned games in a given franchise sometimes (e.g. Other M).

Looks like AwesomeAussie27 AwesomeAussie27 beat me to it. Judgment wasn't exactly a gem, lol

Smooth Criminal
Lords of Shadow acknowledgement already exists, the whip design Simon and Richter use, is the combat cross (the cross shaped hilt).

osby

Smash Obsessed
Topic: Pretend that Sakurai wants to focus on adding iconic Western third-parties in Smash Ultimate DLC. He can only choose 10 of them. Who do you include?
5 animal mascot and 5 gritty soldiers to balance out anime characters.

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
Topic: Pretend that Sakurai wants to focus on adding iconic Western third-parties in Smash Ultimate DLC. He can only choose 10 of them. Who do you include?
This is gonna be tough but i'll try
Rayman
Banjo Kazooie
Conker
Shantae
Hat Kid (Hat In Time)
Frisk (Undertale)
Gex
Lara Croft
Kratos
Master Chief

Status