• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace

osby

Smash Obsessed
Also the generic enemy argument is really bad. It would be like calling Captain Toad a generic toad.
Well, Captain Toad isn't playable so maybe he isn't the best argument if you're supporting Bandana Dee.

ToddCam

Smash Journeyman
Oh thank god. This has inexplicably been stressing me out for a week. I can finally accept how dumb I was in complete hindsight.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
U-um

I remembered what (lol) Loz said yesterday. When he said 10 AM was he referring to the actual direct airing tomorrow, or the announcement...?

Cause I’d hate if it was the latter

Last edited:

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303

Ignoritus

Smash Journeyman
But for a fighter like smash? Directly connecting to your opponent and cutting out the middleman (server) is the only rational solution.
This is only true when you fail to consider a host of factors your point excluded. Using Smash 4 as an example, casual matches featured 4 players. Having one peer server as a master client for hosting four players could present unacceptable strain on one player's device as opposed to the other three. For any form of ranked match (ie For Glory) it's unacceptable to use a P2P system because you are required to arbitrarily grant authority to one of the two players. Say you decide to grant authority to a malicious client, they can cheat for days but since they're acting as the server no one has the authority to stop them or deny that they won the match. Even if you used a truly 'serverless' system where neither client took on the role of master client (an idea that's bound to lead to horrific desyncing issues) at the end of the day Nintendo's servers need to believe one of the clients on the results of the match to update ranking, and yet have no means to distinguish who is lying.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Yup, it's happening.

And it's a midnight, again.
833.gif

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I'm gonna blow your minds and say that it'll be announced in an hour... for later this evening, at 6PM EST

Why I am saying this:

- I have nothing to lose or gain from this, so it's mostly for fun.
- If I'm right, I'll feel vindicated in my predictions lol
- If I'm wrong, then absolutely nothing will change

Thanks for watching, be sure to like, comment, and subscribe---
Damn. It wasn't today at 6PM, but tomorrow at 6PM.
I pulled up a gif just in case I was right, but hey I guess technically the only thing I got wrong was the exact day so I'm gonna use it anyway

Where's my approximate-leaker cult

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Damn it, couldn't they just make it one hour earlier?

The direct was at such an ideal time before, now I'm it starts as I have to leave and get my First Aid certificate

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
U-um

I remembered what (lol) Loz said yesterday. When he said 10 AM was he referring to the actual direct airing tomorrow, or the announcement...?

Cause I’d hate if it was the former
The latter...

Hoo boy, this is going to be a doozy isnt it

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Not sure where it was but I saw someone saying Snake has a Big Boss face because of his beard, but that person must have forgotten about MGS2.

2036-metal-gear-solid-2-7025091-1024-768.jpg

Not 100% the same, but Smash Snake is largely inspired by this design.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I have class until 8PM EST tomorrow so I can’t watch it live, but I don’t care. I just wanted to know when I’ll be able to watch it.

And now I know, and I’m satisfied.

LetterO

Smash Lord
Well I got a weird dream about the direct. Here’s what I actually remember.

-Skull Kid is still an assist
-We also get Sephiroth, Viewtiful Joe, and Black Knight as assists
-A new Rhythm Heaven game with an unconfirmed title. It’s teased but not confirmed that they will get a Smash character also

Dreams shouldn’t be hurting me like this.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Someone pick up the phone.

Pick it up.

Announced on Twitter, too.
Because I called it.

See you nerds tomorrow, I'm dipping out to avoid spoilers.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
U-um

Huh....can someone bring me up to page or whatever? What did he say?

JayPercent

Smash Rookie
HUMANITY RESTORED

Glad to see the crisis was averted and nobody has to panic about this Direct anymore. Beyond Smash, I'm really hoping to get more details on Metroid Prime 4, and hopefully the reveal of Pikmin 4.
Loll, that had to be the funniest post I've seen so far today

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
U-um

I have no idea what you are talking about, but this direct and the announcement is exactly one week from when both happened previously.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
And thus, order would be restored to the denizens of the Smash boards...but only for a time.
So let's get HYPED!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom