• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Well RIP Lucina, Shulk, Ness, Yoshi, Peach, Ike, Mewtwo, (probably) Simon, Snake, Captain Falcon...

Ironically Bayonetta, ZS Samus, and Cloud are safe
Viridi will just have to use even more Reset Bombs to take them down (Bayo taking 9001 while ZSS and Cloud take three more)

All whom have died will be replaced with a Viridi version of them
87 Leonardo ftw!
2012 Leonardo >

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Thoughts if these characters make the cut?

-Agumon no
-Amaterasu no
-Ayumi Tachibana who?
-Banjo-Kazooie hell yes
-Black Knight(E) hell yes
-Chorus Kids **** no
-Cranky Kong no
-Crash Bandicoot no
-Decidueye yes
-Gardevoir ok
-Glass Joe(E) nah
-Hades nah
-Heihachi Mishima hell no
-Kat & Ana nah
-Karate Joe **** no
-King Boo nah
-King Hippo no
-Medusa(E) sure
-Metal Sonic(E) nah
-Mona yes
-Nightmare hell yes
-Octoling(E) nah
-Paper Mario hell yes
-Phosphora nah
-Porky Minch **** yes
-Rayman nah
-Saki Amamiya nah
-Shantae nah
-Sylux yes
-Toon Zelda hell yes

(E) means Echo Fighter
I’m just gonna put my opinions in the quote.

ChaosSharpedo

Smash Rookie
NNID
ChaosSharpedo
Switch FC
SW-8187-0600-4038
So here's a little game.

Disregard how likely you think the characters are.

Tell us how interested or satisfied you'd be with the character if included.
I'm late to answering these, and my answers are long but these seemed like fun to answer

Incineroar: Prefer Silvally, Primarina, or Decidueye for Gen 7 rep but he got in I would be happy for his fans.
Ken: He makes sense and I would be ok with him.
Isabelle: At first I really didn't see the point, but I've warmed up to the idea of her getting in .
Geno: His fans deserve it after Ridley & K. Rool, and he would be cool although I want Mallow more but he will never get the same amount of support as the fan-favorite doll.
Issac: Never played his games, but would be happy for his fans.
Monster Hunter: Don't see the point after Rathalos got revealed as a boss for the new Subspace/Adventure mode, and the monsters would make more sense as representation than the hunters.
Lloyd Irving: Played his game and enjoyed it but I don't really want him.
Dixie Kong: After K. Rool, Dixie would complete the Donkey Kong representation for me.
Impa: She makes sense and I would be ok with it.
Skull Kid: Favorite Zelda villain from favorite Zelda game, if he ends up being a playable character or a boss I would be happy.
Black Shadow: I don't play F-Zero but he deserves another rep after 4 games of being alone.
Bandana Waddle Dee: Prefer Marx, or Gooey, but if he got in I would be happy for his fans.
Ninten: He makes sense as an echo and he was the original Ness. He has his commercial design if people are so particular about him being too similar to Ness, and he could be made to be a hybrid of Ness & Lucas with his own P.K Beam as well like Chrom is a hybrid of Roy and Ike. There's no harm in adding him in, and it makes me a bit sad to see so many people disregard him because he looks too similar from a character that came after him. Most wanted echo alongside Dixie.
Diskun: Didn't know who he was, but after googling him he makes sense as a Sakurai retro pick. Would prefer Ayumi Tachibana or Prince Sable though.
Raiden: I've never played MGS but I liked Snake in brawl so I would be ok with it.
Big Boss: Same as Raiden
Shadow: He makes sense after Richter and I would be ok with him but I prefer Metal Sonic.
Elma: Never played her game but her design and fighting style looks more appealing to me than Rex, and I love Xenoblade X's soundtrack. Most wanted 1st party character after K. Rool.
Rex and Pyra: Prefer Elma over them anyday but they're guaranteed to be DLC due to their popularity, as long as Elma got in the base roster I would be ok with them.
Jeanne: It makes sense but people got salty over Bayo so it probably won't happen but I would be ok with her.
Spring Man: He might be DLC but I would be ok with him.
Wonder Red: I enjoyed his game and would be ok with him, though I think he would end up being an AT.

-Agumon: Never got into Digimon but I would be ok with him.
-Amaterasu: Most wanted 3rd party, and most wanted overall. She would also come with Okami & Okamiden's soundtracks and they have some of my most favorite music ever. She has 3 types of weapons, alongside her 13 brush powers and if she got in I would never ask for anyone ever again.
-Ayumi Tachibana: Only learned about her recently due to her being planned for Melee, but she could be Smash's version of Phoenix Wright from MvC, and I would be happy for her to get in more than most of the requested and obvious choices along with Prince Sable considering Smash has most if not all of the big-hitters.
-Banjo-Kazooie: It would make me estastic to see him get in over Steve, but I would guess he's probably going to be DLC unless Sakurai worked out a good deal for Microsoft.
-Black Knight(E): People are tired of Fire Emblem reps, but I could see him happening possibly. Wouldn't care either way, I've got Roy, Corrin, and Robin to make me happy.
-Chorus Kids: Rhythm Heaven deserves their place in Smash, and they look more interesting than Karate Joe. The Gematsu leak got me interested in them and they could be cool like Duck Hunt & Ice Climbers.
-Cranky Kong: Don't see the point, but if he got in I wouldn't hate on him.
-Crash Bandicoot: I would love him to get in, but I prefer Spyro more.
-Decidueye: Prefer him over Incineroar anyday.
-Gardevoir: I would prefer Sceptile as a Hoenn rep, but I wouldn't mind her. Also that leak with her & Gothitelle is very fake.
-Glass Joe(E): He would be cool enough, just make him unique enough from Little Mac.
-Hades: Prefer Viridi, but I love his humor so I wouldn't mind. He would probably end up being a boss in the new Subspace/Adventure mode though.
-Heihachi Mishima: Unless his voice actor recorded his lines for Smash before he got in, I don't see him happening but I wouldn't mind him if he somehow got in.
-Kat & Ana: I love Wario Ware and I'm sad Ashley didn't get in, so I would be ok with them.
-Karate Joe: Prefer Chorus Kids
-King Boo: Villain from one of my favorite childhood games, he would be awesome.
-King Hippo: He could be a cool heavyweight rival for Little Mac depending on what they do with him.
-Medusa(E): Prefer Viridi
-Metal Sonic(E): Prefer him over Shadow, and I love his design and music from Sonic CD/Generations.
-Mona: Same as Kat & Ana
-Nightmare: I liked SCIV so I would be ok with Soul Calibur reps.
-Octoling(E): Most likely DLC but I would ok with them, seeing as Splatoon 2 has great music.
-Paper Mario: Grew up with TYD, SPM, and PM64. I would love him but they would probably base him on Sticker Star, Color Splash, or Paper Jam, and I don't like any recent PM games.
-Phosphora: Prefer Viridi
-Porky Minch: Prefer Ninten, and I would see him returning as a boss for the new Subspace/Adventure mode, but he was somehow playable I would be ok with it.
-Rayman: Don't really have an attachment for him, but he got in I wouldn't mind considering how unique he could be.
-Saki Amamiya: Don't know the character or game, so no opinion.
-Shantae: If Shovel Knight became an Assist Trophy, I don't see her happening. She would most like be an AT, but if she somehow got in I would be ok with her.
-Sylux: Ridley & Dark Samus seem to fill the Metroid hole Smash has been lacking, don't have an opinion on him.
-Toon Zelda: She could transform to Tetra as well, and I would be happy with her getting in.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Viridi will just have to use even more Reset Bombs to take them down (Bayo taking 9001 while ZSS and Cloud take three more)

All whom have died will be replaced with a Viridi version of them

2012 Leonardo >
What about K. Rool? How many bombs will he take?

And Viridified Yoshi...that’s one hell of a mental image

Last edited:

Flynn__

Smash Journeyman
Oh, oh, I'll do the little game to!!!

Incineroar - You're joking! Not another one!
Ken - we need moar blondes
Isabelle - I L Animal Crossing, yay!
Geno - YASS!!! Effing finally!
Isaac - Oh, the poor guy... someone remembered him... :-)
Monster Hunter - unnecessary
Lloyd Irving - why not Sheena tho!?
Dixie Kong - I'll never forgive Sakurai for forgetting about the tag barrel idea
Impa - Yas, slay queen!
Skull Kid - Nyehehehe!
Black Shadow - Yay, dead series representation!
Bandana Waddle Dee - eh, he has a lot of fans I guess
Ninten - Neat!
Diskun - Couldn't care less
Raiden - Oh, I COULD care less, wow
Big Boss - Okay [I know you read it with Ness' voice]
Shadow - n0w sma5h is s0 edgeyyy l0l
Elma - Love her
Rex and Pyra - Oh, guys! Didn't think I'd see you here!
Jeanne - who the **** is Heather?
Spring Man - why not Twintelle tho!?
Wonder Red - Wonder Meh!

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
So here's a little game.

Incineroar
Ken
Isabelle
Geno
Isaac
Monster Hunter
Lloyd Irving
Dixie Kong
Impa
Skull Kid
Black Shadow
Bandana Waddle Dee
Ninten
Diskun
Raiden
Big Boss
Shadow
Elma
Rex and Pyra
Jeanne
Spring Man
Wonder Red
Incineroar - meh
Ken - Cool
Isabelle - meh
Geno - Gross
Isaac - Excited
Monster Hunter - Cool
Lloyd Irving - Cool
Dixie Kong - Cool
Impa - Cool
Skull Kid - Gross
Black Shadow - Excited
Bandana Waddle Dee - Indifferent
Ninten - Gross
Diskun - Besides myself, how many people here even have a FDS, let alone have played Janken Disk Jou?
Raiden - meh
Big Boss - Indifferent
Shadow - Indifferent
Elma - Cool
Rex and Pyra - Cool
Jeanne - meh
Spring Man - Indifferent
Wonder Red - Indifferent

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
So here's a little game.

Incineroar - Acceptable
Ken - Great
Isabelle - Ok
Geno - Take all my money
Isaac - Ok
Monster Hunter - Awesome
Lloyd Irving - Meh
Dixie Kong - Nice
Impa - Ok
Skull Kid - Great
Black Shadow - Great
Bandana Waddle Dee - Great
Ninten - Ok
Diskun - Meh
Raiden - Meh
Big Boss - Ok
Shadow - Awesome
Elma - Meh
Rex and Pyra - Ok
Jeanne - No
Spring Man - Meh, just seems like he'd be a stretchy armed Little Mac.
Wonder Red - No
I put my reactions in the quote. Just very short answers that give you the general jist on how I feel about each character if they got in.

I am gonna play a similar game to Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei 's too, only with different newcomers that people do not bring up as often. Disregard likelihood for this game too. How interested/satisfied you would be if this newcomer was included:

Lycanroc (Pokemon) - Ok
K.K. Slider (Animal Crossing) - Meh
Mr. Resetti (Animal Crossing) - Meh
Black Knight (Fire Emblem) - Meh
Hanafuda (A character based on Nintendo's first selling product in history) - Meh
Mini-Kangaroo) (A character based on Nintendo's big selling toy business in the 1970s, a business that happened between Hanafuda cards and video games) - No, please no
Lip (Panel de Pon) - Meh
Prince Sable (For the Frog the Bell Tolls) - No
Excitebiker (Excitebike) - Meh
Balloon Fighter (Balloon Trip) - Ok
Mach Rider (Mach Rider) - Ok
Mike Jones (StarTropics) - Meh
Octolings (Splatoon) - Meh
Heihachi (Tekken) - Meh
Ryu Hayabasa (Ninja Gaiden) - Meh
Frogger (Frogger) - Meh
Leon Kennedy (Resident Evil) - No
Jill Valentine (Resident Evil) - No
Dante (Devil May Cry) - No, please no
Sora (Kingdom Hearts) - No
Professor Layton (Professor Layton) - Meh
Saber Artoria (Fate) - Meh
This one is "Meh and No: The List" for me.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Man. this thread rockets by now. I used to be able to keep up with it after I got up in the morning, but now it jumps 20 pages at a time...

Anyway, I'll try this game, even though this is about 7 pages old by this point.
So here's a little game.

Incineroar: 6/10. We've got enough fire wielders on the roster, and I actually never played gen 7, but 'bara tiger' does sound interesting enough as a character concept.

Ken: 5/10. No real connection to the SF series, but I wondered why Ryu didn't ship with a Ken alt in 4. I'd prefer Chun Li, but she's more assist material, and I don't know if there are many series where a third-party will get another unique kit.

Isabelle: 8/10. She's become Nintendo's new golden child, and I think she absolutely deserves a slot. Not my most wanted, but it would feel wrong for her to be excluded.

Geno: 0/10. Ugh, I am not a fan of this obscure puppet. There's only one character that could get added that would make me not hate him. It annoys me that people will champion Geno and then call out Midna for being a one-off side character (when she's actually more important than Zelda in her game) or Waluigi for being consigned to spin-offs (when he's been in almost every single one). Correct me if I'm wrong: SMRPG is a one-time spin-off and Geno is just a party member as well, right? I feel like he'd make a perfect assist, since they can be highly obscure characters but still show up.

Isaac: 3/10. I don't really know Golden Sun, and JRPGs are not my bag at all, so I know it's something that wouldn't hold my interest. Still, I'm one of those people who likes swordsmen so I'd be up for it. Bonus points for some new magic specials.

Monster Hunter: 0/10. Let's face it, if they put a dragonslayer in Smash, I'll be annoyed that it's not the one I want.

Lloyd Irving: 0/10. As I said, I'm not really into JRPGs. Tales Of is not incredibly well known, and if Namco got a second character, it'd make much more sense to bring in someone from Tekken.

Dixie Kong: 5/10. I really think she's a lock now that Dark Samus showed up and Chrom got a few differences from Roy. Dixie and K.Rool have always been battling it out for the next DK slot, and it would be nice to see her join as well. Still, I really don't have a connection to her - I played DK64.

Impa: 3/10. I'll give points for a new Zelda character, but the Zelda universe needs someone who's not a clone now. Yes, Impa's recurring, but is also one of the most forgettable characters in the franchise, while Sheik's moveset is completely original to Smash. Even for a Zelda clone, she really wouldn't excite me that much.

Skull Kid: 9/10. Now we're talking. Zelda should absolutely get a new moveset, and with Midna already an assist and Urbosa unlikely due to crowding among the champions, this puppet's the best choice in my mind. Points off for not being my first choice for a Zelda newcomer, but I'd be stoked to see him.

Black Shadow: 1/10. I feel like people mostly wanted him to dump Ganondorf's moveset somewhere so he could get something more appropriate. F-Zero's been quiet for a while, and most of his popularity comes from the anime anyway. Plus Captain Falcon having a completely original moveset in the first place, so it's not altogether necessary.

Bandana Waddle Dee: 1/10. I have zero connection to the Kirby series. People like to talk about how 'Kirby is underrepresented without the full group of Kirby characters!' but you don't find them asking for the full group of Sonic characters (or even Sonic's #2). Kirby was definitely oversaturating Brawl, and the character designs don't interest me in the slightest.

Ninten: 0/10. We already have two characters sharing Ness' general moveset, but at least they look different. The devs have even left it deliberately ambiguous as to whether Ness is Ninten. Also, I'm a bit salty over the lack of uniqueness in the Zelda series which doesn't at all match with the importance it has to Nintendo, so trying to get a franchise to have as many playable reps as games in the series is frustrating to me.

Diskun, Raiden, Big Boss: 0/10. Who?

Shadow: Currently 0/10, but could go to 5/10. Shadow's completely dependent on whether or not Tails gets in. Tails was my first video game character ever, and he's well-known as Sonic's #2. Even if he's not the most popular Sonic character to the fans, Tails does seem to be recognizable to others. Shadow, meanwhile is a complete product of the turn-of-the-century edginess phase. If Tails is playable in any way, I won't care about Shadow, but if Tails is still stuck with Silver in that loop while the other main Sonic characters get promoted around him, I'll be really salty.

Elma: 1/10. JRPGs seem to be a theme here. I guess she could be cool enough based on her potential, but I've never played it and there are way too many other characters I want first.

Rex and Pyra: 0/10. As above, but now add in really bizarre character design. All I know of this is the Diver set they added in BotW, and I remember putting it on and wondering who designed these clothes.

Jeanne: 1/10. Unlike Ken and Shadow, she's not got a lot of history behind her and seems to be more of a "who from Bayonetta would be an obvious echo?" than "Would Jeanne be a good addition?" I think the roster should still be judicious in which echoes to add.

Spring Man: 7/10. Haven't played it, but I really came around to liking the character design. He definitely has a lot of potential, and it would be fun to see him in Smash.

Wonder Red: 5/10. Another game I haven't played, but the character design is cool enough.

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
Not a fan of Rhythm Heaven?
Remember, Pra Pra's tastes are really weird. :p Anyways

Incineroar - Ugh, I'll take him, but I rather have plenty of others.
Ken - Hell yeah, the OG echo fighter
Isabelle - Hell yeah!
Geno- Hell yeah!
Isaac - Apathetic, but good for his friends.
Monster Hunter - Meh
Lloyd Irving - Neat
Dixie Kong - Neat
Impa - Neat
Skull Kid - Awesome!
Black Shadow - Would be nice to see
Bandana Waddle Dee - Cool
Ninten - Meg
Diskun - Ehh, don't know him.
Raiden - If it is the MGS4 version then yeah!
Big Boss - Cool
Shadow - Awesome!
Elma - Cool
Rex and Pyra - Awesome!
Jeanne - meh
Spring Man - Meh
Wonder Red - Meh

Last edited:

cipher35

Smash Rookie
So here's a little game.

Incineroar
Ken
Isabelle
Geno
Isaac
Monster Hunter
Lloyd Irving
Dixie Kong
Impa
Skull Kid
Black Shadow
Bandana Waddle Dee
Ninten
Diskun
Raiden
Big Boss
Shadow
Elma
Rex and Pyra
Jeanne
Spring Man
Wonder Red
Might as well play along.
Incineroar: Could be cool, I see a lot of moveset potential 7/10
Ken: I'd be more shocked if he wasn't in 5/10
Isabelle: Nice! she'd be fun to see fighting Ridley and Ganondorf 8/10
Geno: Sakurai, you madman. You actually did it 10/10
Isaac: Sweet! Haven't played Golden Sun but from what I've seen he'd be a pretty fun addition 6/10
Monster Hunter: Same as Isaac
Lloyd Irving: Same as both above
Dixie Kong: Yeeeeeeah! 8/10
Impa: I'd be pretty excited, I can easily see her working even if she is just a Sheik Echo 8/10
Skull Kid: Yessss, he would be so fun to see in action! 9/10
Black Shadow: Huh, neat. 5/10
Bandana Waddle Dee: Hey can someone give Sakurai my eternal gratitude for me, thanks. 11/10
Ninten: Sweet, all the Mother MCs are together 5/10
Diskun: Haha yessss, I'm a sucker for random character choices and Diskun seems like he'd fit that bill 8/10
Raiden: Haven't played any Metal Gear games but I'd be pretty happy for his fans N/A
Big Boss: See above
Shadow: CAN YOU SEE ALL OF ME, WALK INTO MY MYSTERY, STEP INSIDE AND HOLD ON FOR DEAR LIIIIIIIFE 7/10
Elma: She seems fun, I really need to play the Xenoblade games lol 5/10
Rex: Same goes
Jeanne: Ok then. Pretty cool i guess 5/10
Spring Man: Cool! Kinda predictable but I'm totally here for him, ARMS would bring a lot of cool stuff to Smash 8/10
Wonder Red: Ayyy finally! 7/10

Last edited:

Roberk

Smash Champion
  • So we got 2 unique characters last Direct and 2 unique characters at E3 (if you count Inklings).
  • Sakurai said that everything would be revealed before launch.
  • We get all of our Smash info from Directs, I assume that if we get a reveal it'll be in a Direct.
  • I don't think we'd get 3 Directs in the 3 months until launch, I think there will be at least 1 month off. 3 full Directs in that time period is insane.
  • I think the absolute most amount of unique newcomers we can expect is 4, 5 if Sakurai is insane with reveals.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Lemme throw in just a few more peeps for “your reaction if”:

- Zack Fair (Cloud Echo)
- Kyo Kusanagi
- Neku Sakuraba
- Celica (Robin echo with a Pichu like self damage mechanic)
- Lip
- Dante
- Funky Kong
- Captain Syrup
- Black Knight (Ike Echo)
- Yuri Kozakura (Fatal Frame V)
- Terry Bogard
- Mike Jones

I personally would like Zack, Celica and Yuri, and LOVE the idea of Neku and Dante. I’m indifferent to the rest.

though I wouldn’t mind Funky for memes alone

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I am gonna play a similar game to Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei 's too, only with different newcomers that people do not bring up as often. Disregard likelihood for this game too. How interested/satisfied you would be if this newcomer was included:

Lycanroc (Pokemon)
K.K. Slider (Animal Crossing)
Mr. Resetti (Animal Crossing)
Black Knight (Fire Emblem)
Hanafuda (A character based on Nintendo's first selling product in history)
Mini-Kangaroo) (A character based on Nintendo's big selling toy business in the 1970s, a business that happened between Hanafuda cards and video games)
Lip (Panel de Pon)
Prince Sable (For the Frog the Bell Tolls)
Excitebiker (Excitebike)
Balloon Fighter (Balloon Trip)
Mach Rider (Mach Rider)
Mike Jones (StarTropics)
Octolings (Splatoon)
Heihachi (Tekken)
Ryu Hayabasa (Ninja Gaiden)
Frogger (Frogger)
Leon Kennedy (Resident Evil)
Jill Valentine (Resident Evil)
Dante (Devil May Cry)
Sora (Kingdom Hearts)
Professor Layton (Professor Layton)
Saber Artoria (Fate)

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster

Well I won't be able to use Mr G&W, Dark Samus, Meta Knight(I only played Kirby 64), Captain Falcon, Olimar, Shulk, Richter(If we don't consider SOTN), and Bayonetta. 8 out of 71 isn't bad at all. :p

Last edited:

Taco Cruise

Smash Journeyman
Did Loz actually deconfirm Black Shadow today? That would be horrible news if he's actually still getting legitimate info past E3's presentation (which is very iffy if not outright unlikely)

blazefan519

Smash Ace

-Agumon
-Amaterasu
-Ayumi Tachibana
-Banjo-Kazooie
-Black Knight(E)
-Chorus Kids
-Cranky Kong
-Crash Bandicoot
-Decidueye
-Gardevoir
-Glass Joe(E)
-Hades
-Heihachi Mishima
-Kat & Ana
-Karate Joe
-King Boo
-King Hippo
-Medusa(E)
-Metal Sonic(E)
-Mona
-Nightmare
-Octoling(E)
-Paper Mario
-Phosphora
-Porky Minch
-Rayman
-Saki Amamiya
-Shantae
-Sylux
-Toon Zelda

(E) means Echo Fighter
Agumon: Not a digimon fan but wouldn't mind their inclusion
Amaterasu: Not familiar with Okami but I think she'd be a very unique fighter
Ayumi Tachibana: I know nothing about her or her game besides the fact that Sakurai was considering her for Melee
Banjo-Kazooie: Never played their game but I'd be happy for their fans and would show the strong relationship between Microsoft and Nintendo atm
Black Knight: I'd be okay with it but would prefer Alm and Celica as new FE reps
Chorus Kids: Definitely my 3rd most wanted after Bandana Dee and the late Captain Toad. I love Rhythm Heaven so much.
Cranky Kong: I'd prefer Dixie and Funky over him tbh
Crash Bandicoot: It'd be a pretty cool addition, though I doubt he'll get in base game
Decidueye: Would prefer Primarina and especially Incineroar to it, but I wouldn't mind since grass is my favorite type.
Gardevoir: If they were to pick anyone from Gen 3, I suppose it would make sense.
Glass Joe: I would really prefer if we got Doc Louis if we were to get another Punch Out Rep
Hades: He'd be amazing, but I'd personally want Viridi as the next KI character
Heihachi: Not familiar with his game or character, but I like 3rd parties so the more the merrier I suppose
Kat & Ana: My most wanted WarioWare character will always be 9-volt, but if we can't get Ashley I'll take what we can get
Karate Joe: Any and all Rhythm Heaven characters are welcome, I don't care who it is
King Boo: I'd actually prefer Waluigi getting in over him and that's saying something
King Hippo: Same as Glass Joe
Medusa: Same as Hades, but if she's just an Echo, I wouldn't mind
Metal Sonic: I'd prefer him to Shadow but Shadow is vastly more popular and it's more likely they'd go with him instead
Mona: Same as Kat & Ana
Nightmare: Not exactly sure who this is so I'll just say ?
Octoling: Splatoon has become one of my favorite games of all time, so more representation would be awesome. Besides, who else could they add?
Paper Mario: He's the Mario character I'd go with if I didn't love Toad as much as I do.
Phosphora: Same as Hades
Porky Minch: Any and all Earthbound characters are welcome, I don't care who it is
Rayman: He'd be cool, just don't see him happening
Saki Amamiya: Same as Heihachi
Shantae: My most wanted 3rd party (if you wanna call her that), I've wanted her for as long as the Smash Ballot existed
Sylux: I'm not familiar with Metroid but I think he could be cool.
Toon Zelda: Impa is my prefered Zelda newcomer, but I wouldn't mind as she was supposedly planned for Brawl iirc

SebasSancy

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6766 2698 9475
So here's a little game.

Incineroar
Ken
Isabelle
Geno
Isaac
Monster Hunter
Lloyd Irving
Dixie Kong
Impa
Skull Kid
Black Shadow
Bandana Waddle Dee
Ninten
Diskun
Raiden
Big Boss
Shadow
Elma
Rex and Pyra
Jeanne
Spring Man
Wonder Red
Incineoar - not my first choice for a pokémon newcomer, but ok
Ken - indiferente
Isabelle - cool
Geno - happy for his fans
Isaac - ALL IVE BEEN WAINTING for him for so long now. Happy happy happy
Monster Hunter - meh
Lloyd Irving - ok
Dixie Kong - yes please super happy my favorite kong
Impa - cool
Skull Kid - cool
Black Shadow - ok
Bandana Waddle Dee - super cool
Ninten - meh
Diskun -....
Raiden - meh
Big Boss - meh
Shadow - ok
Elma - happy, please Sakurai add her
Rex and Pyra - cool
Jeanne - cool
Spring Man - ok but I prefer Ribbon Girl
Wonder Red - cool

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I need to play the saturan version of sotn. Has maria as playable and more areas. Supposed to have more content even though it does suffer in graphics and cut wolf swimming.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Did Loz actually deconfirm Black Shadow today? That would be horrible news if he's actually still getting legitimate info past E3's presentation (which is very iffy if not outright unlikely)
Eh, I stopped believing Loz after the source smoke-out and Twitter tirades. I wouldn’t put any stock into it

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
  • So we got 2 unique characters last Direct and 2 unique characters at E3 (if you count Inklings).
  • We get all of our Smash info from Directs, I assume that if we get a reveal it'll be in a Direct.
  • I don't think we'd get 3 Directs in the 3 months until launch, I think there will be at least 1 month off. 3 full Directs in that time period is insane.
  • I think the absolute most amount of unique newcomers we can expect is 4, 5 if Sakurai is insane with reveals.
I agree. The last Smash Direct was two months after E3, so if it's being spread out evenly, an October Direct would make sense, though it could also be early November, one month before release (2, possibly 3 unique newcomers). I think a Nintendo Direct is likely (possibly 1 unique newcomer), and perhaps another smaller announcement, as they've done in the past, with characters the general public would be less familiar with (possibly 1 unique newcomer).

And that aligns with analyzing the blog. 26 weeks between E3 and the release, with an average of three characters per week, gives us a possible 78 characters in total, including echoes (treating Pokemon Trainer and Mii Fighters as one slot each). We're at 69 characters, so that leaves about 8-9 unannounced, some being echoes. Since we're at 4 new fighters and 4 new echoes, the split may be 50/50, which is why I figure we'll get 4 unique newcomers, and 4 echoes. Everything lines up. However, there are many assumptions (they could release 6 new fighters in one week), but I consider this a likely scenario.

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
No. All his discord chats are being taken out of context. As a fan, he just doesn't think it will happen.

And for the record I disagree. I believe Black Shadow is perfect because melee Ganondorf would be an awesome moveset to salvage

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I honestly think we are getting 3 more characters. 4 is the utmost remaining.

IronTed

Smash Ace
At this point the amount of loz talk is approaching Marcus Sellars levels of too much. Hanging on every little thing said by leakers doesn't go well after a while.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Right now I'm thinking that if there's a general Nintendo direct there may be one unique character revealed. Maybe an echo alongside (Though could be a package deal within the same series if so that could fit in the trailer) them. Though I could also see them having no Smash news from it at all.

Though whenever the next Smash Direct happens whether it's in October or November. I think will be final base game blowout and the rest of the characters will be revealed there. For the first time the bloodbath of the end of speculation (Until DLC starts anyway) will be caught on camera for those doing live reactions heh.

ThatShadowLink

Smash Ace
NNID
ThatShadowLink
So here's a little game.

Sure, I'll play along.

Incineroar - I prefer Decidueye. I know it's not a fire/fighting type but with that design you could have fooled me. I have no interest in it.​
Ken - I love Ken. Plus, Reuben Langdon would be in Smash, and I'm 100% down for that.​
Isabelle - I have no interest in a second Animal Crossing rep but I know she's a very popular character, so it would be good for those who want her. I have no objections.​
Geno - A long requested character. Would be very nice if they could make this happen.​
Isaac - BEEN WAITING 10 LONG YEARS FOR THIS MOMENT​
Monster Hunter - ehhhhhhhhh. I've never been too big on Monster Hunter but to me it's always been more about the prey than the hunter.​
Lloyd Irving - Would prefer Yuri Lowell.​
Dixie Kong - Fine by me.​
Impa - I've been wanting Impa for a long time, and Hyrule Warriors pushed that want into making her one of my top characters.​
Skull Kid - Would prefer Impa over a one-off, but I love Majora's Mask so I'll probably come around on it some day.​
Black Shadow - I used to be in the pool that pushed for BS to take over Ganondorf's kit. Now that Ganondorf's kit has indeed changed, I would be okay if Black Shadow kept it alive in spirit.​
Bandana Waddle Dee - Indifferent, as I've barely played any Kirby games beyond the first few. I know he's highly requested so I'd be happy for the folks who want him.​
Ninten - I love Mother. He would make a fine addition and even out the trinity of Mother protagonists.​
Diskun - I would be perplexed mostly.​
Raiden - Yes.​
Big Boss - Sure why not.​
Shadow - I AM I AM I AM I AM I AM I AM I AM I AM I AM I AM I AM I AM I AM I AM I AM I AM​
Elma - I'd be put off honestly. Not a Xeno fan and don't really think it needs more reps. I know that argument can be turned around on any of the characters I want from already represented franchises so I keep quiet.​
Rex and Pyra - See above.​
Jeanne - Sure, she's cute.​
Spring Man - I love what I've played of ARMS and I would not be against it being repped in Smash.​
Wonder Red - Include Jeanne, Dante, Amaterasu, Leon and Claire and we can have seven-person Kamiya squad. RIP the one person fighting them.​

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Way I see it Loz is just backpedaling, he’s becoming increasingly insecure in his predictions.

Meanwhile Verg is doubling, no, tripling down on his claims of Isabelle, a non-Decidueye or Lycanroc Gen 7, and Ken. He really is confident that they’ll be in that he’s staking his whole rep on them happening, and frankly, I like that. It’s consistency, something Loz lost when his initial source was exposed and got the boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom