• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
The fact we didn't get Guile's Theme feels like the biggest tragedy of 3rd party songs to me. >.>
The fact that we only got the regular and boss FF7 songs were more disappointing. I would've marked the **** out of One Winged Angel and J-E-N-O-V-A

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The fact that we only got the regular and boss FF7 songs were more disappointing. I would've marked the **** out of One Winged Angel and J-E-N-O-V-A
Eh, Guile's Theme was more important to me.

Would've liked those other ones too, but I vastly wanted music from other FF's anyway, like VIII's Force Your Way.

D

Deleted member

Alright, I made my first moveset ever... for Bandana Dee. Chandeelure Chandeelure you might wanna see this.
I spent like 6 hours writing this down so I hope you like it.

View attachment 137451
Bandana Dee moveset

Weight: Slightly heavier than Kirby

Walk speed: Same as Kirby

Run speed: Slightly faster than Kirby

Jump height: Same as Toon Link

Multiple jumps? No

Air speed: Slightly lower than Kirby

Fall speed: Slightly faster than Kirby

Entrance: Bandana Dee crashes into the stage, landing on his face. He then gets up, ready to fight.

Idle animation 1: Bandana Dee dozes off and builds up a bubble that eventually pops, waking him up.

Idle animation 2: Bandana Dee fixes his bandana.

Jab: Bandana Dee thrusts his spear forward.

Jab 2: Bandana Dee spins his spear and thrusts it forward.

Rapid jab: Bandana Dee unleashes a flurry of forward jabs with his spear before finishing with a powerful thrust.

Forward tilt: Bandana Dee swings his parasol in front of him, dealing damages. Can be held down to deflect projectiles.

Up tilt: Bandana Dee thrusts his spear upwards.

Down tilt: Bandana Dee slides along the ground with one of his legs sticking forward to kick enemies. Moves forward.

Dash attack: Bandana Dee creates a spiral of energy orbs in front of him. A multi-hit attack.

Forward smash: Bandana Dee quickly lunges forward, slashing his opponent with his spear. Press the attack button again at the right time to perform a follow-up attack.

Up smash: Bandana Dee throws a spear diagonally upwards . If it hits while traveling upwards, it stuns, and spikes when traveling downwards. Can be aimed 180 degrees.

Down smash: Bandana Dee spins his spear and thrusts its shaft forward, then performs a reverse gripped thrust behind himself (Think Cloud’s down smash).

Neutral aerial: Bandana Dee thrusts his parasol above him and opens it. If you hold down the attack button, Bandana Dee’s descent will be slowed down.

Forward aerial: Bandana Dee performs a rapid jab with his spear in midair at an angle. (Based on the new staff ability)

Back aerial: Bandana Dee turns around to wave the beam whip about a 45 degree angle above him to the same angle below him. Stuns for a few frames.

Up aerial: Bandana Dee thrusts his spear upwards in midair.

Down aerial: Bandana Dee flashes the spear and twirls it downwards towards the ground. Last hit spikes.

Grab: Bandana Dee grabs a nearby opponent.

Pummel: Bandana Dee zaps the grabbed opponent with energy beams.

Forward throw: Bandana Dee shoots his opponent off with a flurry of energy.

Back throw: Bandana Dee flips backwards and smashes the grabbed opponent the ground, sending them backward and throwing his spear at them shortly afterwards. Weaker than Kirby’s.

Up throw: Bandana Dee bounces the opponent off his parasol, and tosses them up.

Down throw: Bandana Dee twirls his spear downwards, then performs a downward thrust.

Floor attack: Bandana Dee kicks one leg out, gets up, and kicks the other out. (I admittedly copied that directly from the moveset in the OP because I couldn’t think of a floor attack)

Ledge attack: Bandana Dee gets up and delivers a small poke with the end of the spear. (See above)

Neutral special - Beam whip / Wave Beam: A line of energy appears and goes from about a 45 degree angle above Bandana Dee to the same angle below him, which stuns for a few frames. If charged, Bandana Dee fires an energy blast straight forward, which stuns for a longer time.

Side special - Nruff Ride: Bandana Dee whistles to summon a Nruff, which he rides on. He can throw spears while riding on it and jump off its back at will. The Nruff can be destroyed by opponents if it’s been attacked too many times.

Up special - Waddle Copter: Bandana Dee twirls his spear above his head. Anything touching the spinning spear takes damage. When used on the ground, Bandana Dee hovers like a helicopter for a short time period before falling helpless. When performed in midair, Bandana Dee simply leaps upwards. Midair version deals more damage.

Down special - Parasol Drill / Parasol Dive: Bandana Dee opens his spear and twirls it with two energy beams in front of him. When used on the ground, Bandana Dee dashes across the platform as he thrusts his spear forward. If performed in midair, Bandana Dee thrusts his parasol downwards at an angle, and he dives in the same direction.

Final Smash - Megaton Punch: Pressing the B button will bring down two cement blocks where Bandana Dee stood, and if anyone gets hit by them, they get popped out and land prone on top of the blocks. From there, 3 precise button presses are required to power up - one right as the oscillating meter fills, then right when 2 reticles cross over each other, then finally when a swinging pendulum is lined up with the green circle. With all 3 inputs complete, Bandana Dee leaps up and splits the cement blocks with an earth shaking punch and send anyone stuck on them flying. The more precise the inputs are, the more damage and knockback the punch deals. Landing all 3 perfectly results in a OHKO, and the view changes into a long shot of the stage cracking as the opponent is sent flying into the background.

Taunt 1: Bandana Dee turns towards the screen and waves his right hand.

Taunt 2: Bandana Dee spins his spear behind and in front of himself.

Taunt 3: Kirby’s panic animation from Kirby’s adventure.

Victory animation 1: Bandana Dee performs the classic dance and winks at the end.

Victory animation 2: Spins his spear above his head and then pins it to the ground as he happily looks at the screen.

Victory animation 3: Rides on a Nruff while raising his spear triumphantly until he gets thrown off it, and lands on his face.

Victory theme: Champion - The Arena (Kirby Super Star)

Palette Swaps:
View attachment 137453
(Please don't give me any **** for leaving some bits of the original color there or for using an official art for the Sailor Dee palette swap, I got tired)
I'd like to know your thoughts! I already posted it on his support thread, but I'd like to hear more opinions.
I love this! I liked how you did your research or used references to old Kirby games, and that really got me. This post should honestly be memorized, you seemed to work really hard on it. Megaton Punch is a very unique choice to chose for a Final smash. Waddle Dee can not even punch hard but I like the references. The third victory animation is honestly something that the developers would put in for fun, so I like that. Did you get some of this from Smash Flash 2 or all you? I like this!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
There are mote reasons why Tharja doesn't have a chance other than the rating.
Tharja is heavily overrated as a unit however. Outside of sex appeal, she doesn't have much appeal honestly. Magic is just crazy strong in Awakening, but outside of that she has little merrit as a unit except she makes a good mother for Morgan (stat and skill wise lol)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
... So what's the point?
Seriously. The sample size is too small and they're over far too quickly. They aren't going to yield meaningful results.
And because of that they feel more spammy than substantial...

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
i know this post is extremely old but i'm honestly interested on more details about this. Was it eventually deconfirmed?
The early E3 floor plan was released a few weeks back, and Nintendo had reserved both their floor room for games and a theater, presumably for another tournament-style event.

So unless they're doing both, it's not happening.

I also wouldn't put any trust into leaks that describe, in specific detail, events that won't happen for an entire year. I honestly don't think Nintendo makes their E3 plans that far in advance.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Alright, I made my first moveset ever... for Bandana Dee. Chandeelure Chandeelure you might wanna see this.
I spent like 6 hours writing this down so I hope you like it.

View attachment 137451
Bandana Dee moveset

Weight: Slightly heavier than Kirby

Walk speed: Same as Kirby

Run speed: Slightly faster than Kirby

Jump height: Same as Toon Link

Multiple jumps? No

Air speed: Slightly lower than Kirby

Fall speed: Slightly faster than Kirby

Entrance: Bandana Dee crashes into the stage, landing on his face. He then gets up, ready to fight.

Idle animation 1: Bandana Dee dozes off and builds up a bubble that eventually pops, waking him up.

Idle animation 2: Bandana Dee fixes his bandana.

Jab: Bandana Dee thrusts his spear forward.

Jab 2: Bandana Dee spins his spear and thrusts it forward.

Rapid jab: Bandana Dee unleashes a flurry of forward jabs with his spear before finishing with a powerful thrust.

Forward tilt: Bandana Dee swings his parasol in front of him, dealing damages. Can be held down to deflect projectiles.

Up tilt: Bandana Dee thrusts his spear upwards.

Down tilt: Bandana Dee slides along the ground with one of his legs sticking forward to kick enemies. Moves forward.

Dash attack: Bandana Dee creates a spiral of energy orbs in front of him. A multi-hit attack.

Forward smash: Bandana Dee quickly lunges forward, slashing his opponent with his spear. Press the attack button again at the right time to perform a follow-up attack.

Up smash: Bandana Dee throws a spear diagonally upwards . If it hits while traveling upwards, it stuns, and spikes when traveling downwards. Can be aimed 180 degrees.

Down smash: Bandana Dee spins his spear and thrusts its shaft forward, then performs a reverse gripped thrust behind himself (Think Cloud’s down smash).

Neutral aerial: Bandana Dee thrusts his parasol above him and opens it. If you hold down the attack button, Bandana Dee’s descent will be slowed down.

Forward aerial: Bandana Dee performs a rapid jab with his spear in midair at an angle. (Based on the new staff ability)

Back aerial: Bandana Dee turns around to wave the beam whip about a 45 degree angle above him to the same angle below him. Stuns for a few frames.

Up aerial: Bandana Dee thrusts his spear upwards in midair.

Down aerial: Bandana Dee flashes the spear and twirls it downwards towards the ground. Last hit spikes.

Grab: Bandana Dee grabs a nearby opponent.

Pummel: Bandana Dee zaps the grabbed opponent with energy beams.

Forward throw: Bandana Dee shoots his opponent off with a flurry of energy.

Back throw: Bandana Dee flips backwards and smashes the grabbed opponent the ground, sending them backward and throwing his spear at them shortly afterwards. Weaker than Kirby’s.

Up throw: Bandana Dee bounces the opponent off his parasol, and tosses them up.

Down throw: Bandana Dee twirls his spear downwards, then performs a downward thrust.

Floor attack: Bandana Dee kicks one leg out, gets up, and kicks the other out. (I admittedly copied that directly from the moveset in the OP because I couldn’t think of a floor attack)

Ledge attack: Bandana Dee gets up and delivers a small poke with the end of the spear. (See above)

Neutral special - Beam whip / Wave Beam: A line of energy appears and goes from about a 45 degree angle above Bandana Dee to the same angle below him, which stuns for a few frames. If charged, Bandana Dee fires an energy blast straight forward, which stuns for a longer time.

Side special - Nruff Ride: Bandana Dee whistles to summon a Nruff, which he rides on. He can throw spears while riding on it and jump off its back at will. The Nruff can be destroyed by opponents if it’s been attacked too many times.

Up special - Waddle Copter: Bandana Dee twirls his spear above his head. Anything touching the spinning spear takes damage. When used on the ground, Bandana Dee hovers like a helicopter for a short time period before falling helpless. When performed in midair, Bandana Dee simply leaps upwards. Midair version deals more damage.

Down special - Parasol Drill / Parasol Dive: Bandana Dee opens his spear and twirls it with two energy beams in front of him. When used on the ground, Bandana Dee dashes across the platform as he thrusts his spear forward. If performed in midair, Bandana Dee thrusts his parasol downwards at an angle, and he dives in the same direction.

Final Smash - Megaton Punch: Pressing the B button will bring down two cement blocks where Bandana Dee stood, and if anyone gets hit by them, they get popped out and land prone on top of the blocks. From there, 3 precise button presses are required to power up - one right as the oscillating meter fills, then right when 2 reticles cross over each other, then finally when a swinging pendulum is lined up with the green circle. With all 3 inputs complete, Bandana Dee leaps up and splits the cement blocks with an earth shaking punch and send anyone stuck on them flying. The more precise the inputs are, the more damage and knockback the punch deals. Landing all 3 perfectly results in a OHKO, and the view changes into a long shot of the stage cracking as the opponent is sent flying into the background.

Taunt 1: Bandana Dee turns towards the screen and waves his right hand.

Taunt 2: Bandana Dee spins his spear behind and in front of himself.

Taunt 3: Kirby’s panic animation from Kirby’s adventure.

Victory animation 1: Bandana Dee performs the classic dance and winks at the end.

Victory animation 2: Spins his spear above his head and then pins it to the ground as he happily looks at the screen.

Victory animation 3: Rides on a Nruff while raising his spear triumphantly until he gets thrown off it, and lands on his face.

Victory theme: Champion - The Arena (Kirby Super Star)

Palette Swaps:
View attachment 137453
(Please don't give me any **** for leaving some bits of the original color there or for using an official art for the Sailor Dee palette swap, I got tired)
I'd like to know your thoughts! I already posted it on his support thread, but I'd like to hear more opinions.
Hi! Sorry, I don't visit the forums too frequently now, so I just saw this XD

It's pretty cool! I think using Beam attacks is a bit weird, but considering Sakurai just makes some attacks or animations that don't really exist ouside of Smash like Ness using PK Fire or Luigi doing that weird pose, it's fine. Also, those attacks are pretty fun in Smash Flash.

Wait a moment, Nruff Ride?! 10/10.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I like the idea of a thrown spear sticking into a shielding character and slightly slowing them down until the spear disappears.

The spear breaks off heavier characters faster than lighter characters.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I think Bandana Waddle Dee is probably going to be the most underestimated character for the next Smash.

D

Deleted member

I love this! I liked how you did your research or used references to old Kirby games, and that really got me. This post should honestly be memorized, you seemed to work really hard on it. Megaton Punch is a very unique choice to chose for a Final smash. Waddle Dee can not even punch hard but I like the references. The third victory animation is honestly something that the developers would put in for fun, so I like that. Did you get some of this from Smash Flash 2 or all you? I like this!
Hi! Sorry, I don't visit the forums too frequently now, so I just saw this XD

It's pretty cool! I think using Beam attacks is a bit weird, but considering Sakurai just makes some attacks or animations that don't really exist ouside of Smash like Ness using PK Fire or Luigi doing that weird pose, it's fine. Also, those attacks are pretty fun in Smash Flash.

Wait a moment, Nruff Ride?! 10/10.

Thanks! The Final Smash a reference to his debut in the Megaton Punch minigame in Kirby Super Star.
And I admit that SSF2 served as an inspiration for this concept. I just liked that moveset idea too much.

Tharja is heavily overrated as a unit however. Outside of sex appeal, she doesn't have much appeal honestly. Magic is just crazy strong in Awakening, but outside of that she has little merrit as a unit except she makes a good mother for Morgan (stat and skill wise lol)
She's faster than Henry though. And I'm the guy who greatly prefers Henry to Tharja.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Are you seriously suggesting that picking Bandana Dee is the equivalent of scrapping the bottom of the barrel? ._.
No. I didn't say that. But, I can think of like twenty characters that are way above him.

Last edited:

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Alright then. Could you list these characters? I'm just just curious who they are.
I guess I could. You'll obviously have your contentions with specific characters, but keep in mind these are just characters that would work better purely as "stars" or "draws" compared to Waddle Dee. Regardless of if you think they'd work as fighters or not for whatever your reasons may be.
  1. Inkling
  2. Spring Man
  3. Rex & Pyra
  4. Decidueye
  5. Alm & Celicia (or a Fire Emblem Switch Hero)
  6. Dixie Kong
  7. Pauline
  8. King K. Rool
  9. Andross
  10. Rhythm Heaven Troupe
  11. Balloon Fighter
  12. Captain Toad
  13. Paper Mario
  14. Isabelle
That's not twenty, but that's more than half. I realize Waddle Dee has his own standalone character, but he's not even close to the level that any of the Kirby veterans are on. I'm aware of Bandanna Dee's roles in all the Kirby games, but that doesn't change that he's based on an enemy and aside from being playable in Return to Dreamland, he hasn't exactly been in the spotlight when it comes to Nintendo's History.

I would say the characters on this list have had a bigger spotlight on them. I'm not saying that have a more impressive resume. Like some of these characters only have one game, but even being the protagonist of Xenoblade 2 is a bigger spotlight than Waddle Dee's entire history.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I'd like to see this list too.

Ninja'd, although he couldn't come up with twenty

1. Inkling: obviously
  2. Spring Man: see above
  3. Rex & Pyra: I guess
  4. Decidueye: he'll likely be forgotten the moment the next Gen arrives
  5. Alm & Celicia: has already been forgotten
  6. Dixie Kong: fair
  7. Pauline: Until Odyssey was considered irrelevant even with history. She's still not on the level of other characters, maybe with time she can be Smash worthy
  8. Andross: curious
  9. Rhythm Heaven Troupe: While I believe Rhythm Heaven should get a character, I'm not convinced it should be these for offs
  10. Balloon Fighter: nope
  11. Captain Toad: very hypocritical
  12. Paper Mario: We already have Mario and people kinda hate what his series is at the moment
  13. Isabelle: I could see the argument being made. I do expect her to be in Smash eventually, another character I think people underestimate.

I also think you underestimate how popular Bandana Dee and the Waddle Dees are. Especially in Japan where they even win competitions for favourite Kirby enemy and gets featured on a ton of merchandise.

Last edited:
Hello Smashboards.......I'm back (after like 3 years maybe, don't remember).

Ok, so this post is a poll survey poll I have set up and asked multiple groups across Facebook as well as on YouTube. I want to see what the most requested characters would be for the next new Smash Bros. Who you think stands a chance. Who you think makes sense. I will calculate the results in a YouTube video (as well as a list most likely).

The two questions are:

1. What are FIVE new Nintendo characters you would like to see in Smash Bros 5?

2. What are FIVE new third party characters you would like to see in Smash Bros 5?

You don't have to state reasons for why you think they should be in if you don't want to but it is there if you choose to. And of course this is only taking into account characters out now or out shortly in the future as we have no idea what new games get made and what new characters will catch the eye of Nintendo, especially given we likely have a few more years before we even hear of the next Smash. But it will show what the Smash community thinks as of now. I hope to calculate the results (as I intend to ask multiple gaming groups this same survey) and put into a future YouTube video for my channel.

Thanks for any and all votes you can give. I very much appreciate it.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
five new characters:

1: toad
2: inklings
3: chibi-robo
4: chorus kids (anyone from rhythm paradise really)
5: rex

five third party newcomers

1: sora
2: tails
3: professor layton
4: phoenix wright
5: nate, whisper, jibanyan

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I guess I could. You'll obviously have your contentions with specific characters, but keep in mind these are just characters that would work better purely as "stars" or "draws" compared to Waddle Dee. Regardless of if you think they'd work as fighters or not for whatever your reasons may be.
  1. Inkling
  2. Spring Man
  3. Rex & Pyra
  4. Decidueye
  5. Alm & Celicia (or a Fire Emblem Switch Hero)
  6. Dixie Kong
  7. Pauline
  8. King K. Rool
  9. Andross
  10. Rhythm Heaven Troupe
  11. Balloon Fighter
  12. Captain Toad
  13. Paper Mario
  14. Isabelle
That's not twenty, but that's more than half. I realize Waddle Dee has his own standalone character, but he's not even close to the level that any of the Kirby veterans are on. I'm aware of Bandanna Dee's roles in all the Kirby games, but that doesn't change that he's based on an enemy and aside from being playable in Return to Dreamland, he hasn't exactly been in the spotlight when it comes to Nintendo's History.

I would say the characters on this list have had a bigger spotlight on them. I'm not saying that have a more impressive resume. Like some of these characters only have one game, but even being the protagonist of Xenoblade 2 is a bigger spotlight than Waddle Dee's entire history.
I'd argue Bandana Dee being more iconic than a few characters on that list, but that's not the thing I really wanted to talk about.

A lot of people have created this false rule that newcomers must be of a higher or equal iconic level as the other characters from their fellow franchise. While I can understand why people would think this, it's just not true at all. Characters with genuine chances of making the roster are getting completely wrote off by users because, "We already have all the characters that we need for this franchise," or, "They're just not important enough like the rest of the characters." I'm sure people are tired of Rosalina being brought up as a counter argument, but her inclusion speaks volumes about this topic. If the the 30 year-old head honcho franchise of Nintendo can get a character in Smash who was, at the time she was decided, barely pushing past the 5 year mark since her debut, why couldn't the same thing happen to Zelda or Kirby?

Bandana Dee is not on the same level as the other 3; I can acknowledge that. However, is there any other Kirby character left who's more iconic than Bandana Dee? Since his debut, the little fellow has been making appearances non-stop, some of which include him as a playable character. Saying that he would be such a low priority is like denying the chances of ANY Kirby character getting in Smash.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm guessing it's newcomers only so:

Nintendo characters
1. Isaac
2. Decidueye
3. Bandana Dee
4. Waluigi
5. King K. Rool

Third party
1. Crash Bandicoot
2. Phoenix Wright
3. Shovel Knight
4. Rayman
5. Dr. Eggman

Last edited by a moderator:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Nintendo Characters:
1) Decidueye
2) Takamaru
3) Rex and Pyra/Mythra
4) Labo Robot
5) Spring Man

3rd Party Characters:
1) Doom Slayer
2) Akuma
3) Heihachi
4) Shovel Knight
5) Mai Shiranui

UserKev

Smash Champion
Bandana Dee is basically the next Kirby rep. Knuckle Joe is basically the final. Dark Matter will never happened and all of you that speculated him makes it all the more likely.

I rest my case.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Nintendo:
1. Rex w/ Pyra/Mythra
2. Inklings
3. Bandana Dee
4. Incineroar
5. Celica

3rd Party:
1. Sora
2. Phoenix Wright
3. Sephiroth
4. Banjo & Kazooie
5. Knuckles

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
For nintedo characters I'd have to say:
Lip
King K. Rool
Dry Bowser
Kamek
Samurai Waddle Doo

And for third parties:
Simon Belmont
Tails
Knuckles
Banjo-Kazooie
Master Chief

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I honestly can't think of anyone on the same level as Bandanna Waddle Dee that isn't playable in Smash at this point that is remotely viable. Although I could see Dark Matter as a boss, not to say he's impossible, but just rather unlikely due to not having a form that could clearly and easily jump/etc. Although to be honest, I don't remember him as well as Miracle Matter.

Anyway, he's pretty much the 4th major character, recurring the most, and having quite a lot of appearances even fairly early on, as his true debut was before he got a proper name. But it's not like this hasn't happened before anyway(where they take a lesser character and evolve them/make them notable).

I also can't think of what competition he has from the Kirby series right now. I mean, there's cool options too, sure, but are they remotely viable? Not just for a unique moveset, but actually major enough that people know of them. I feel like he's fairly comparable to Impa, who barely gets noted in Smash, but is still a notable and recurring character(obvious differences are Impa has no consistent design and seems to have more key points to add to a story, but you get the idea of the similarities).

NINTENDO Galaxy

Smash Ace
NNID
NINTEN_Galaxy
3DS FC
2836-0624-6177
Switch FC
SW 0903-5888-6097
Third party:

Phoenix Wright - Really cool character and franchise, but I doubt he can get in since UMVC3 already had him in their cast and I think they would rip moves from that game.

Xiamou - Really funny and 4th wall-breaking character. She is a mage that also hides a sword in her staff. She loves videogames and is very energetic and happy-go-lucky.

Kaguya Nanbu - Cool theme song, attacks, and super moves.

KOS-MOS - Her speech dialogue. Also has really flashy moves and I love the way she calls them out.

Axios Glory of Heracles DS - An archer that wields Ice magic. Talks like a member royalty and has long hair which makes him eye-candy for women she he can be kind-of stuck-up and arrogant at times.

Nintendo:

Paper Mario pre-Sticker Star Era, preferably The Thousand Year Door Variant - I want a TTYD and Paper Mario 64 moveset consisting of Flurrie's wind gust, Koop's Shell attack, the level 1 crystal star move that has you throws stars at various angles, and a special move that allows you to switch partners. Neutral Special has to be Hammer.

Tetra - Cool-looking pirate

Viridi - Pretty pink attacks that explode along with her plant attacks and minion summons. Plus her attitude is cool.

Toadette - Looks way better than Toad to me so I'll have her over him.

Can we post videos? I can pull up some to show off gameplay and music.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Ok, so this post is a poll survey poll I have set up and asked multiple groups across Facebook as well as on YouTube. I want to see what the most requested characters would be for the next new Smash Bros. Who you think stands a chance. Who you think makes sense. I will calculate the results in a YouTube video (as well as a list most likely).

The two questions are:

2. What are FIVE new third party characters you would like to see in Smash Bros 5?

You don't have to state reasons for why you think they should be in if you don't want to but it is there if you choose to. And of course this is only taking into account characters out now or out shortly in the future as we have no idea what new games get made and what new characters will catch the eye of Nintendo, especially given we likely have a few more years before we even hear of the next Smash. But it will show what the Smash community thinks as of now. I hope to calculate the results (as I intend to ask multiple gaming groups this same survey) and put into a future YouTube video for my channel.

Five Nintendo Characters I Want:
Chrom
Celica
Decidueye
Captain Toad
Henry Fleming

Shout outs to Starfy, Daruk, and Caeda who didn't make the list.

Five Third Party Characters I Want:
Crash Bandicoot
Shovel Knight
Lara Croft
Frogger
Maxwell (Scribblenauts)

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

The two questions are:

Nintendo:
- Waluigi
- Black Knight
- Fiora
- Mumkhar
- Darkrai

Third party:
- Doom Slayer
- Dante
- Fulgore
- Master Chief
- Nightmare

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

The two questions are:

Five New Nintendo Characters;
-Inklings
-Bandanna Waddle Dee
-Hector
-Isaac
-Toad

Honorable mentions to King K. Rool, Dixie Kong, Deoxys, Pichu(if returning characters count).

Five New Third Parties
-Brian(Quest 64)
-Fulgore(Killer Instinct)
-Master Chief(Halo)
-Agumon(Digimon)
-Nightmare(Soul Calibur)

Honorable mentions to Lloyd Irving, Shadow the Hedgehog, Shovel Knight.

Blue_Sword_Edge

Smash Lord
NNID
Blue_Sword_Edge
3DS FC
1633-5415-5386

The two questions are:

Nintendo based newcomers
  1. King K. Rool
  2. Inklings
  3. Takamaru
  4. Wonder Red
  5. Decidueye
Honorable Mentions: Spring Man, John Raimi (Geist), Hades (Kid Icarus)

Third-Party Newcomers
  1. Bartz Klauser (Final Fantasy V)
  2. Terry Bogard (Fatal Fury/King of Fighters)
  3. William "B.J" Blazkowicz (Wolfenstein)
  4. Phoenix Wright (Ace Attorney)
  5. Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden)
Honorable Mentions: Heihachi Mishima (Tekken), Doom Marine/Doom Slayer (Doom), Dr. Eggman (Sonic), Any Dragon Quest Character, Geno (Super Mario RPG)

D

Deleted member

The two questions are:

New Nintendo Characters:
1. Chrom
2. Lyn
3. Pyra / Mythra
4. Decuideye
5. Captain Toad

New Third Parties:
1. Phoenix Wright
2. Doom Slayer
3. Shovel Knight
4. Crash Bandicoot
5. Master Cheif
These were honesty so hard to chose. Thoughts? My most wanted third party would be Solid Snake though.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Nintendo:
Skull Kid (Zelda)
Inkling (Splatoon)
Spring Man (Arms)
Anna (Fire Emblem)
Andy (Advance Wars)

3rd Party:
Banjo & Kazooie (Banjo Kazooie)
Crash Bandicoot (Crash Bandicoot)
Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden/Dead or Alive)
Asuka (Senran Kagura)
Edward Falcon (Power Stone)

Last edited:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Nintendo:
1. Sami (Advance Wars)
2. Dixie / K. Rool (Donkey Kong)
3. Chorus Kids (Rhythm Heaven)
4. Inkling (Splatoon)
5. Black Shadow (F-Zero)

EDIT: I forgot the Chorus Kids.

3rd party:
1. Bomberman
2. Neku (The World Ends With You)
3. Professor Layton
4. Simon Belmont (Castlevania)
5. Tails (Sonic the Hedgehog)

Last edited:

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
Nintendo:
1. Sami (Advance Wars)
2. Dixie / K. Rool (Donkey Kong)
3. Inkling (Splatoon)
4. Black Shadow (F-Zero)
5. Venusaur (Pokémon) - I couldn't actually think of a 5th one, so I went with my favorite Pokémon.

3rd party:
1. Bomberman
2. Neku (The World Ends With You)
3. Professor Layton
5. Tails (Sonic the Hedgehog)
Updooted for Neku.

D

Deleted member

The two questions are:

In no particular order:

First Party

Zael
King K. Rool
Dixie Kong
Melia
Lyn

Third Party

Simon Belmont
Alucard
Crash Bandicoot
Spyro the Dragon
Zero (Mega Man)

Though about half of these characters I would never expect to join Smash.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

The two questions are:

In no paticular order

Nintendo
1. Inkling
2. Spring Man
3. Tom Nook/Isabelle
4. Krystal
5. Gardevoir

3rd Party

1. Rayman
2. Simon Belmont
3. Bomberman
4. Nightmare
5. Shantae

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
5 Nintendo newcomers:
1. Toon Ganondorf
2. Ganon
3. Toon Zelda
4. Tetra
5. Paper Mario

5 third party newcomers:
1. Grey Warden, Hawke or The Inquisitor (Dragon Age)
2. Banjo & Kazooie
3. Crash Bandicoot
5. Dragonborn/Dovahkin (Skyrim)

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I think Bandana Waddle Dee is probably going to be the most underestimated character for the next Smash.
Why? Plenty of people seriously consider him despite the fact that Sakurai has inspired little confidence in including current Kirby content.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom