• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkraid

Smash Champion
I am totally feeling Isaac, skull kid, geno and a gen 7 pokemon as the final newcomers

U guys believe the dante thing?

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Can't agree with that, Simon isn't safe at all. Not even top 10 in 3rd parties for most Ballot polls.
But, he has definitely been wrong before. Question is if he's wrong in Smash.
Um I think Simon was a safe guess for Verge considering another known leaker by the user name __Stealth had leaked Belmont prior to Verge laying claim to it. His Ridley leak was also highly speculated in general and suggested by emily rogers.

Everything else is safe and he didnt know about richter or kkr... So i'm less then impressed if the best he can do is leak the highly speculated and leaked by others.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Um I think Simon was a safe guess for Verge considering another known leaker by the user name __Stealth had leaked Belmont prior to Verge laying claim to it. His Ridley leak was also highly speculated in general and suggested by emily rogers.

Everything else is safe and he didnt know about richter or kkr... So i'm less then impressed if the best he can do is leak the highly speculated and leaked by others.
Please source me about Stealth, thank you. Not trying to be condescending am just unaware of this leak.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Maybe i wasn't clear enough or sounded like i was overly pessimistic... i was talking about the DBS serie. I'm a big fan but from one episode to another and even sometimes in the same episode the animation quality tend to drastically change. I'm hyped about this new movie and would be disappointed if it would suffer the same treatment.

I don't think there's any reason to yell at you for talking about this, pretty hard to stay on topic on this thread anyway :)
This'll be the last I mention this because this is off topic and I don't want to have random talk about something else here.

The show had a very rough production. Staff have mentioned how hard the schedule was working on DBS. The movie won't be the same. They definitely learned from that and this movie has a great schedule. Plus their other shows since like 2016 have been pretty good production wise (Tiger Mask, Precure, Kitaro, etc). The fact that the show managed to pull itself up despite the horrid production and give us some pretty good stuff when it counted was impressive, and the future of the series looks pretty good.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I don’t know how to feel about the possibility of Geno. He’s such a “nobody” of a character.

On the one hand, it give the impression that anyone could be a fighter if the fans are passionate enough. The whole grassroots movement to get him in would be a cool story of its own.

But he just seems so... inconsequential compared to a lot of characters that could be added, that I’d feel a little bummed out. He’s definitely not this big all-star like the Smash community would have you believe. Then again I love niche picks for fighters...

Again, not sure how I’d feel.
Really, if the game is built with fan demand and the ballot in mind, Geno really would be the final piece of the community's desires realized IMO.

Ridley, K.Rool AND Geno would basically be Brawl dreams finally realized a decade later.

ErenJager

Smash Champion

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
That depends on the person
I, personally don't care about speculation, but so far his track record seems pretty spot on in terms of Ultimate.

I do know for a fact, he did get some bad info in regards to other games like MvCI, at least.
To be fair, Francine, to be fair....
Most news about MvCI is bad.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Who's your favorite Pokemon choice and why is it Incineroar?
You, now you understand me.

-Fun, lovable design
-Cool typing, fire/dark? Big potential
-Big body, would probably be quite fast too
-BADASS!!!
-BIG BOI

Stealth_ beat him to the punch here, 19 days before Verge's initial leak. Proof?

This is Verge's Initial leak:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-for-nintendo-switch/76614511

Date is 5/16/18

Stealth_'s tweet talking about Simon Belmont?

https://twitter.com/Stealth___/status/990018281930199040

Dated: 4/27/18
...very interesting actually, I wonder why no one brings this up. Thanks for letting me know.

Last edited:

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
So Vergeben is speaking again.

He disconfirmed that rumor about two Namco characters but he also said something... interesting.
So, in order of likelihood..Geno, Zack Echo Fighter, confusing Sora for a SE property, or Terra Branford.
WE DID IT BOYS
HE'S COMING HOME

god damn it it's just zack fair isn't it
Could be both. I'm still hoping that all 3rd Parties end up with 2 uniques and 1 Echo by the end.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
id like geno to be in the game to get people to shut up about him lol
That could literally be said about any character being discussed everyday here really. I would say it right now about any freaking pokemon at this point, lol.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
That could literally be said about any character being discussed everyday here really. I would say it right now about any freaking pokemon at this point, lol.
...to be fair...
....I don't....see....much...Paper Mario discussion....around these...parts.

Stealth was confirmed to be a bull****er
Oh boy, the plot thickens, source?

Last edited:

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
D

Deleted member

Watch it be 2B and throw everyone for a loop. :V

Yes, I'm not being serious.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I like you already.

sorry Yoshi ain't a pokemon
Hell yeah man. See, I actually disliked Litten leading up to Sun and Moon's release. Thought he was boring.
...then I decided, well, why not give him a chance.

Now he's one of my favorite starters, and Incineroar one of my favorite Pokemon in general.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord

-Fun, lovable design
-BADASS!!!
-BIG BOI

...very interesting actually, I wonder why no one brings this up. Thanks for letting me know.
I brought it up before as a possible instance of him piggybacking. From what I understand, rumors about Simon were floating around before even that
Stealth's post in some circles.

ErenJager

Smash Champion

-Fun, lovable design
-BADASS!!!
-BIG BOI

Because people want to believe.
Ive seen this brought up on occasion on this thread and its always ignored.

Youtubers aren't giving us all the information either, lots of confirmation bias plaguing the community.

EnthusedPanda

Smash Journeyman
Off-topic as all hell, but I just thought about this: are we sleeping on Birdo as a potential echo character of Yoshi, or even as a newcomer? I dismissed the idea initially applying the "sports/party game 'throwaway'" label to her, but... Daisy.

Just saying.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I still remember when Sceptile was the hot new craze for Smash 4. Zoarark was for a time but I swear that died as fast as it started.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Off-topic as all hell, but I just thought about this: are we sleeping on Birdo as a potential echo character of Yoshi, or even as a newcomer? I dismissed the idea initially applying the "sports/party game 'throwaway'" label to her, but... Daisy.

Just saying.
Yeah, we kinda are. Replace the Neutral special with K. Rool's cannonball exhale/inhale. Side special, pink egg. Up special, pink egg. Down special, same old ground pound. The grab is where it gets different.
She's not the likeliest Echo, but she's got potential.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
It's a shame most people pushing for Sceptile just wanted him to "fill the starter type trio!" because Sceptile is a legitimately cool Pokemon and Pokken in particular can show just how much you can do with a plant-based moveset.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

Just saying.
That is most definitely a possibility especially after the confirmation that Echoes don't have to have the same moves. I'm vying for a different Yoshi Echo, but I see the reasoning for Birdo.
Is it Sceptile?
Ding ding ding. You win!!!

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I still remember when Sceptile was the hot new craze for Smash 4. Zoarark was for a time but I swear that died as fast as it started.
Zoroark at least was liked for being interested, and wasn't just to fill an arbitrary Grass role. Though it wasn't much better either speculation-wise.

But like all Pokemon, they have legit supporters too~

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Stealth was confirmed to be a bull****er
Can't say i'm surprised, i was blocked by him a long time ago just because of his ego getting in the way of being reasonable about the most trivial of subjects lol. He is just a kid to me.

Smearglangelo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UltraKoopaTroopa
3DS FC
4124-5097-9262

Just saying.
It's about time we got some SUPER MARIO BROTHERS 2 representation back in Smash. Cutting the SMB2 stage from Melee was Brawl's greatest crime.

EnthusedPanda

Smash Journeyman
That is most definitely a possibility especially after the confirmation that Echoes don't have to have the same moves. I'm vying for a different Yoshi Echo, but I see the reasoning for Birdo.
I'd prefer Boshi too, don't get me wrong. ;)

Last edited:

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
So, in order of likelihood..Geno, Zack Echo Fighter, confusing Sora for a SE property, or Terra Branford.
Don't forget Dragon Quest and Sakurai's love of gaming history. It might be on the table considering FF still only has two songs.

Last edited:

Enchess

Smash Lord
Birdo would be pretty sweet, probably more likely than Boshi. Zinith is really getting to me making me want a second Yoshi-playstyle character, so I'll be pumped to see either.

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
It's a shame most people pushing for Sceptile just wanted him to "fill the starter type trio!" because Sceptile is a legitimately cool Pokemon and Pokken in particular can show just how much you can do with a plant-based moveset.
Dude, I’m all about plant-based movesets. Specifically like Sceptile’s sprouting vines in Pokken.
I like Villagers tree and that is pretty much the whole reason I even like him.
Give me a character who actually grows plants from the ground to attack. I’ll paint your house. I’ll wax your damn turtle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom