• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Besides, Whispy can jump and walk. But he would still be weak as a character.,It's his destiny since the day he grew from a mere seed. :troll:
The bigger problem I face with that is how he would be implemented if either Green Greens or Dream Land 64 returns. Unless I'm mistaken, the only time we even get characters that appear in both the background and as a fighter are when they're 8-bit renditions as part of the stage. Not even getting into the countless other problems that pop up from using Whispy. Yes I'm fully aware I didn't need to take this seriously.
Anyway, let me know if there's any particular questions you have!
I did also have the one tangentially in regards to the Character Corners.
Do Spazzy and Connor frequent Smashboards much, by the way? I was hoping this thread can become a valuable resource for compiling research for future Source Gaming Character Corners. Hit me up if you guys ever do a video on Pikmin by the way, I'll gladly claim expertise over that series.
It'd certainly be a good way to get us focused on certain series if the thread was ever prompted for that kind of information, anyway.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Anyone else distressed that the Daisy support thread is the biggest yet?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I hadn't noticed. Huh.

That being said, does it really matter too much? If anything it just means they have a lot to talk about.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I hadn't noticed. Huh.

That being said, does it really matter too much? If anything it just means they have a lot to talk about.
Yeah imagine all the discussion!! Dress or sports outfit?! And of course, is Daisy with her sports outfit (also known as DWHSPO) a total separate character from Daisy or not!!?? :crazy::crazy::crazy:

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Yeah imagine all the discussion!! Dress or sports outfit?! And of course, is Daisy with her sports outfit (also known as DWHSPO) a total separate character from Daisy or not!!?? :crazy::crazy::crazy:
A lot of the thread for the past few pages has been about the characters in Mario Kart. Regardless I don't see the issue with her thread having the most posts.

Should I even ask what DWHSPO stands for?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Well, on the other hand, think of it like this. Virtually every other character has been talked about to death by now. What more could possibly be added to, say, a K. Rool discussion that hasn't already been said? Especially when he hasn't been appearing in much of anything as of late. It's only natural that some characters that were previously discussed less get more discussion.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
A lot of the thread for the past few pages has been about the characters in Mario Kart. Regardless I don't see the issue with her thread having the most posts.

"Daisy With Her Sports Outfit", he said it in his post.

Eitherway, I don't really see the issue with a character having a lot of discussion here, I kind of doubt most, if any, of the development team monitor this forum anyway.... Or use it as a primary source of character support based on post count if anything.

Last edited:

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312

Eitherway, I don't really see the issue with a character having a lot of discussion here, I kind of doubt most, if any, of the development team monitor this forum anyway.... Or use it as a primary source of character support based on post count if anything.
Welp, I somehow managed to glaze over "also known as". Now I feel silly lol. Thanks for pointing it out though.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Not distressed as much as demoralized, lol.

I could pretend to be diplomatic about it but I feel Daisy is just such a silly choice to include. Especially since it wouldn't be DIHSO (is there supposed to be a P in there somewhere?). Her popularity mostly arose due to the absence of remaining Mario characters. Some got in, others got deconfirmed, and in their absence, people glommed onto Daisy.

Reminds me of when Skull Kid, Midna, Ghirahim, and Tingle got deconfirmed and people were like "well at least we still have Groose!".

Daisy thread is the biggest because Azure/Yomi and Aussie are crazy

Those two are great at keeping threads active way past any logical reason and getting people to join up from every corner of the internet :p

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

There's another reason for that attention, but it's best not talked about here. At least it's better to leave what happened in the past where it belongs.

And I thought the real name was DIHSO (Daisy In Her Sports Outfit)? Unless people are suddenly getting more creative with that name. :laugh:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Gotta be desperate to believe the post count of a thread is good indicator of how much or how little a character is supported, though do fine it weird how the K. Rool thread got much more traffic on the pretty much now dead character social group than it's currently getting on this public subforum.

Regardless, meh...

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Daisy thread is the biggest because Azure/Yomi and Aussie are crazy

Those two are great at keeping threads active way past any logical reason and getting people to join up from every corner of the internet :p
Don't forget Ark of Silence and Freduardo too. We might as well be more than just a group, just one big happy talkative family. Though that does make us stand out quite a bit like a fully grown sunflower. And naturally, there will always be Mario Kart discussion since that's where she is good in (Funky Kong can't steal all the credit forever).

And shipping talks, especially when there is confusion over Waluigi x Daisy being a thing.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

Yeah, for sure. And even if they did come here every now and then, a thread having a few hundred more posts than another is not going to be any kind of deciding factor.

Gotta be desperate to believe the post count of a thread is good indicator of how much or how little a character is supported, though do fine it weird how the K. Rool thread got much more traffic on the pretty much now dead character social group than it's currently getting on this public subforum.

Regardless, meh...
To be fair, IN GENERAL the more popular characters have more active threads, but obv there are enough exceptions and outliers for it not being any kind of valid source for objective popularity.

Maybe it's time someone make another character popularity poll now that we've got this new section. Unless there is already an existing one I'm unaware of.

And shipping talks, especially when there is confusion over Waluigi x Daisy being a thing.
Jesus.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

There are worse parings out there like Waluigi x Rosalina, which a ship that is created out of desperation to give Rosalina a equally tall man. In Waaa x Daisy's defense, Mario Party 4's manual stated that Waluigi's rivalry begun because he wanted to impress Daisy (an implied crush).

But this isn't the time or place to talk about that stuff. How about some Breath of the Wild weapons as items? They can be just as breakable as the originals for more rage. I'm pretty partial to the Zora Sword myself.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
All the other character threads haven't even reached the century mark with their reply amount.

The funny thing is, one of Peach's palette swaps does reference Daisy in Super Smash Bros. Melee and Brawl, but the reference is less obvious in Smash 3DS / Wii U.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
All the other character threads haven't even reached the century mark with their reply amount.

The funny thing is, one of Peach's palette swaps does reference Daisy in Super Smash Bros. Melee and Brawl, but the reference is less obvious in Smash 3DS / Wii U.
On that topic, I find it strange how they really changed the costume in Smash 4. No flower earrings, slightly lighter hair color, etc. Even the Dark Samus costume for Samus feels close enough to the original in Prime 2 (minus her trademark clawed toe and finger digs).

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Sometimes I wish the Chrom, Decidueye, and Crash threads were as popular as the Daisy thread. Admittedly the latter two are pretty okay, but things in the Chrom thread have been...slow. :laugh:

Sometimes I wish the Chrom, Decidueye, and Crash threads were as popular as the Daisy thread. Admittedly the latter two are pretty okay, but things in the Chrom thread have been...slow. :laugh:
Things will almost certainly pick up there when you get we get a bunch of info on FE Warriors with Chrom seeming to be quite relevant to the game.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
On that topic, I find it strange how they really changed the costume in Smash 4. No flower earrings, slightly lighter hair color, etc. Even the Dark Samus costume for Samus feels close enough to the original in Prime 2 (minus her trademark clawed toe and finger digs).
Actually, this all began in Brawl. The only references to Daisy in that game were pretty much the dress color, the hair, and the shoe color.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Things will almost certainly pick up there when you get we get a bunch of info on FE Warriors with Chrom seeming to be quite relevant to the game.
Oh, no doubt. Plus the longer IS and Tecmo wait for that, the longer I have to perfect my revamped Chrom moveset. :p

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I actually think Chrom is somewhat more likely now. He'd make a great alt to a more Luigified Lucina, and it would make perfect sense if he did. Especially if Smash Switch is a port, they could make Chrom work easily cause the model is already there. I don't think adding Chrom would take much development time like, at all.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The only flaw is that Chrom is part of Robin's Final Smash. It would definitely feel weird to see him as a playable character AND part of a Final Smash at the same time.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
The only flaw is that Chrom is part of Robin's Final Smash. It would definitely feel weird to see him as a playable character AND part of a Final Smash at the same time.
They would just give Robin a different Final Smash if they really wanted to put him in.

Robin could just get Morgan to replace Chrom if need be.

Morgan has a reasonable link to the character that it wouldnt seem THAT out of place. Plus it fits Awakening's child gimmick a tad better

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
It wouldn't be the first FS to change and it certainly isn't the main reason Chrom wouldn't be included.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It wouldn't be the first FS to change and it certainly isn't the main reason Chrom wouldn't be included.
The thing is, Final Smash changes don't always mean that a character who appeared in the Final Smash will be made playable. In Brawl, King Dedede's Final Smash summoned a bunch of Waddle Dees and Waddle Doos. And yet even though Smash 3DS / Wii U changed King Dedede's Final Smash, Waddle Dee only appears in one of Dedede's victory animations, and it isn't even the Bandanna Waddle Dee.

The thing is, Final Smash changes don't always mean that a character who appeared in the Final Smash will be made playable. In Brawl, King Dedede's Final Smash summoned a bunch of Waddle Dees and Waddle Doos. And yet even though Smash 3DS / Wii U changed King Dedede's Final Smash, Waddle Dee only appears in one of Dedede's victory animations, and it isn't even the Bandanna Waddle Dee.
I think the implication was that changing a final smash isnt unheard of, no that removing a character from a final smash means a character is automatically in.

When Chrom joins the battle, Morgan is in charge of Robin's Final smash
Morgan: leave it to me!

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Well I don't think Robin's FS would change if Chrom isn't to be made playable, my point was that changing the FS is really, not even the tip of the iceberg when it comes to why Chrom isn't going to get in.

Also fwiw I could see Dedede's FS having been changed because of the strain that many individual characters on screen would've had on the 3ds. Just a guess, I'm in no way knowledgeable about that kind of stuff.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I think the implication was that changing a final smash isnt unheard of, no that removing a character from a final smash means a character is automatically in.

When Chrom joins the battle, Morgan is in charge of Robin's Final smash
Morgan: leave it to me!
It also makes you wonder what would happen if Lucina got cut from the roster. Would she be part of Robin's Final Smash instead of Chrom?

It also makes you wonder what would happen if Lucina got cut from the roster. Would she be part of Robin's Final Smash instead of Chrom?
ehhh probably not

Might be seen as a kick in the nuts to Lucina fans.

Also referencing that old meme made me excited for the idea of PotD returning and then sad that it wont happen because no miiverse.

I really hope we get a new dojo or something, i would kill for stuff like pic of the day to return.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
ehhh probably not

Well it definitely felt insulting to know that Wolf never returned, and yet Lylat Cruise got the return treatment in Smash Wii U; a missed opportunity to reuse Wolf's secret taunt conversations.

D

Deleted member

Actually, the acronym is D.aisy I.n H.er S.ports O.utfit :troll:

Last edited by a moderator:

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
ehhh probably not

Also referencing that old meme made me excited for the idea of PotD returning and then sad that it wont happen because no miiverse.

I really hope we get a new dojo or something, i would kill for stuff like pic of the day to return.
Remember that pic about Luigi's nose?
Good times.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Remember that pic about Luigi's nose?
Good times.
Honestly, some of the filler pics were funny despite the usual rage for them.

But then it's things like that which are begging for inappropriate memes.

You know, i havent finished Codename STEAM yet to want content from itbas muc as i should. . .

but damn would a stage be exciting if just for the music
I want this song in a smash game so bad.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
You know, i havent finished Codename STEAM yet to want content from itbas muc as i should. . .

but damn would a stage be exciting if just for the music
I want this song in a smash game so bad.
I swear that game has a criminally under appreciated OST, to the point where the entire thing hasn't been ripped to YouTube yet. The song that plays when

Henry and the rest of the crew are eulogizing Abe Lincoln
is incredibly somber, yet hopeful. Not something for Smash, but neat nonetheless.

For Smash themes, March of Progress, Agents of S.T.E.A.M., Code Name: T.H.E.M.E., and a medley of the Agents' special themes would be awesome, in addition to Deadly Dance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom