• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
So no Poke Floats? :urg:
I doubt it. The development of Melee was rushed and done in just one year, PokeFloats was a quick stage made using existing models from Pokemon Stadium and the stage itself is not a great representation of Pokemon.

Last edited:

Bayopuff

Smash Apprentice
I doubt it. The development of Melee was rushed and done in just one year, PokeFloats was a quick stage made using existing models from Pokemon Stadium and the stage itself is not a great representation for Pokemon.
I really want it to be in the game. I know it's not a very good stage but I love it.
I also wonder why Wooly World and Rainbow Road didn't make the cut?

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
why the **** would you put more content than needed in your demo
thats just dumb and already fake at the prospect
Because removing content completely from the game isn't a simple task and is pretty impractical when you could just remove ingame access to it, especially for a demo you're not intending to release into the wild. The bigger question is why would there be Richter data in any form but no Simon data, I tried to come up with a couple explanations but highly doubt any could be true.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
You know, Gamefreak ain't the only ones. Last I recall, the Mario Tennis Aces demo was datamined and found the rest of the roster in it, while Star Allies released a demo that was datamined and found out the major plot details.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
You know, Gamefreak ain't the only ones. Last I recall, the Mario Tennis Aces demo was datamined and found the rest of the roster in it, while Star Allies released a demo that was datamined and found out the major plot details.
All the dlc characters for Star Allies were found from datamined files.

WaxPython

Smash Ace
Poke floats is the worst stage in smash history and I'm glad to see the back of it. Change my mind!

blazefan519

Smash Ace
Hey guys, been a real chaotic day for me so I couldn't really check and see what was up. Anything happen?

Shroob

Sup?
Wait, Tina and Prince Sable? Are you saying they’re echoes? I need to see that original post so I can laugh at it.
No, they'd probably be uniques.

The echoes are just the usual like Ken, Shadow, etc, but they also throw in Galacta Knight and Soren of all characters for a twist.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
I wonder if Dark Samus will be the only Echo significantly higher on the Tier List than their original on account of her not-**** dodge. Chrom's Up-B seems worse than Roy/Marth's, at a glance, on the other hand.

Last edited:

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Dark Samus just looks cooler too, and would finally give me a reason to play the clunky suit of armor version of Samus because she is probably consistently among my worst characters I just have a hard time clearing Classic and all with.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
It's too bad, Zoroark was a way better design than Lucario
Zoroark is still popular. Not quite as popular as Lucario, obviously, but I think it'll be a Pokemon Game Freak will try to promote again in the future.

At the very least, except it to get a push in the Gen V remakes.

Oh is that it? That's pretty random. I mean I get that Gen 3 and 5 were skipped for Newcomers but nothing from Gen 7?
As much as I'd love for Gen V to get a character, I don't want Sakurai to add a newcomer in Smash over something as stupid as "completing the Gens". People immediately expect Pokemon from future Gens to get added, so unless Sakurai is adding two unique Pokemon and an Echo, I'd say he should stick with a single Pokemon from Gen VII.

I wonder if Dark Samus will be the only Echo significantly higher on the Tier List than their original on account of her not-**** dodge. Chrom's Up-B seems worse than Roy/Marth's, at a glance, on the other hand.
Roy is already low tier, so it would be a painful coincidence if Chrom was worse than Roy. Hopefully he has something in his specials to compensate for his lackluster horizontal recovery.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
Chrom will be higher on the tier list than Roy because he doesn't have his hilt mechanics. Like Lucina he's just neutral.

D

Deleted member

I just looked at the Poke Ball list and noticed a severe lack of Gen 5 Pokemon.
Capture.PNG

Unova introduced the most Pokemon out of any Generation and yet it has only 8 Poke Ball summons. I think the amount of Alola summons has already surpassed the amount of Unova's summons.
This is not okay

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Am quite excited by the thought that my 3 most wanted after King K.Rool; Dixie Kong, Impa and Isaac are quite likely prospects now. At the very least Dixie and Impa, even if they'd be Echoes. This game might give me everything that Smash 4 denied (outside of Mewtwo's return).

Speaking of Echoes, do you guys expect changes in playstyle from them? Like Chrom being stronger but slower than Roy? Same with Dark Samus? Cause I think that would make them feel far less of a exact carbon copy of the original character, much like the Melee clones. Compare Melee Ganondorf, Falco and Young Link for example to C.Falcon, Fox and Link, and you'd get where I'm coming from.

Impa would work wonderfully as a stronger but slower Sheik for example, and it would fit well on Sheik's moveset. Maybe give Impa a few bladed attacks for added range. Dixie has way too much potential to be a Echo, but if she's one, being a Diddy with better recovery would just be downright scary. So maybe Dixie whilst having a better recovery, wouldn't have the Banana or combo-ability or speed of Diddy. Kind of a tradeoff like Marth / Lucina in a way.

This way, Echoes can be implement wonderfully.

My ideas for Chrom and Dark Samus to differenciate them a little:

Chrom, having the Exalted Falchion would probably have the very same mechanics on his blade like Lucina. Therefore he doesn't NEED Roy's speed to compensate for his lack of range in order to "get in". Chrom can be of a similar speed of Marth and Lucina, but enjoy more KO power. That way he also plays a little more like Ike, despite not being quite AS strong as Ike.

Dark Samus can have Phason on her attacks, meaning her Charge Shot might not be as strong as Samus's, but can build up damage over time much like the effects of Lip's Stick. Say a Charge Shot of Samus deals about 27~28% damage as before, a Charge Shot of Dark Samus would just do 25% damage, but the build up could be a extra 5% for the trade of a bit of KO power. So Samus's Charge Shot would be more effective as a finisher, and Dark Samus's Charge Shot would be more effective to use to build up damage.

Stuff like this really does make a change in the overall game, believe me!

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Despite English being my 3rd language, I think there's nothing wrong with what I said.

Seeing the back of something is a figure of speech.
To see the back of someone or something means that you no longer want to see that person or thing.
Huh.

As a native speaker, I have never heard that phrase before in my life.

I honestly thought it was garbled English.

My bad man, least I learned something today.

blazefan519

Smash Ace
As much as I'd love for Gen V to get a character, I don't want Sakurai to add a newcomer in Smash over something as stupid as "completing the Gens". People immediately expect Pokemon from future Gens to get added, so unless Sakurai is adding two unique Pokemon and an Echo, I'd say he should stick with a single Pokemon from Gen VII.
I feel the same. Gen V was my favorite Gen and I would like to see it be represented besides just pokeball Pokemon but I still think that Gen VII should be represented first and foremost. Maybe add them as DLC later.
I just looked at the Poke Ball list and noticed a severe lack of Gen 5 Pokemon.
View attachment 157051
Unova introduced the most Pokemon out of any Generation and yet it has only 8 Poke Ball summons. I think the amount of Alola summons has already surpassed the amount of Unova's summons.
This is not okay
Big rip as it's my favorite Gen.

osby

Smash Obsessed
By the way, what happens if Pokémon and Zelda has no newcomers?

Would this give us right to call Metroid and Donkey Kong newcomers 'Sakurai bias' to make their fans feel bad?

Scicky

Smash Journeyman
Question for everyone regarding THE CHAIRS: if Skull Kid does end up being a playable character, would you rethink your stance and consider the chairs to have been a hint, or would you think it was just a coincidence?

I feel the same. Gen V was my favorite Gen and I would like to see it be represented besides just pokeball Pokemon but I still think that Gen VII should be represented first and foremost. Maybe add them as DLC later.

Big rip as it's my favorite Gen.
I've personally never been a huge fan of Gen V aside from a couple mons that I REALLY like, but it'd be nice to see a rep. Having said that, Gothitelle is... not a good choice, even as an echo.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Am quite excited by the thought that my 3 most wanted after King K.Rool; Dixie Kong, Impa and Isaac are quite likely prospects now. At the very least Dixie and Impa, even if they'd be Echoes. This game might give me everything that Smash 4 denied (outside of Mewtwo's return).

Speaking of Echoes, do you guys expect changes in playstyle from them? Like Chrom being stronger but slower than Roy? Same with Dark Samus? Cause I think that would make them feel far less of a exact carbon copy of the original character, much like the Melee clones. Compare Melee Ganondorf, Falco and Young Link for example to C.Falcon, Fox and Link, and you'd get where I'm coming from.

Impa would work wonderfully as a stronger but slower Sheik for example, and it would fit well on Sheik's moveset. Maybe give Impa a few bladed attacks for added range. Dixie has way too much potential to be a Echo, but if she's one, being a Diddy with better recovery would just be downright scary. So maybe Dixie whilst having a better recovery, wouldn't have the Banana or combo-ability or speed of Diddy. Kind of a tradeoff like Marth / Lucina in a way.

This way, Echoes can be implement wonderfully.

My ideas for Chrom and Dark Samus to differenciate them a little:

Chrom, having the Exalted Falchion would probably have the very same mechanics on his blade like Lucina. Therefore he doesn't NEED Roy's speed to compensate for his lack of range in order to "get in". Chrom can be of a similar speed of Marth and Lucina, but enjoy more KO power. That way he also plays a little more like Ike, despite not being quite AS strong as Ike.

Dark Samus can have Phason on her attacks, meaning her Charge Shot might not be as strong as Samus's, but can build up damage over time much like the effects of Lip's Stick. Say a Charge Shot of Samus deals about 27~28% damage as before, a Charge Shot of Dark Samus would just do 25% damage, but the build up could be a extra 5% for the trade of a bit of KO power. So Samus's Charge Shot would be more effective as a finisher, and Dark Samus's Charge Shot would be more effective to use to build up damage.

Stuff like this really does make a change in the overall game, believe me!
There's a reason they are called "echo fighters" and not "Melee clones". They need to have very minimal balancing work. I don't know if your idea has that.

blazefan519

Smash Ace

Would this give us right to call Metroid and Donkey Kong newcomers 'Sakurai bias' to make their fans feel bad?
If I catch anyone saying "Sakurai Bias" we're gonna settle in Smash because it's the dumbest argument I have ever seen.
Question for everyone regarding THE CHAIRS: if Skull Kid does end up being a playable character, would you rethink your stance and consider the chairs to have been a hint, or would you think it was just a coincidence?
I've seen the chairs be hints at soooo many things, the biggest one I think would be Karate Joe.
It might be people looking too much into things but after the whole "Red Eye" thing, I don't know what to expect anymore.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

I think there's no way to avoid a Pokemon or Zelda newcomer at this point tho :laugh:

But despite that, it was about TIME that Sakurai showed Donkey Kong and Metroid some 'bias'.

In general, I think Sakurai has been **** on by the Smash community for way too long. He gave us Ridley and King K.Rool, and with Smash 4 he gave the us Mega Man and Mewtwo. This man is a pure creative genious, and a man with a burning passion for what he does. He should be way more respected around here I feel.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
Chrom has a different up special and his sword is neutral, it's not stronger at the hilt like Roy.
Dark Samus' has a normal roll compared to Samus' morph ball roll which instantly makes her better.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I still can't believe the Inklings and Chrom are the only new guys among the newcomers.

I've personally never been a huge fan of Gen V aside from a couple mons that I REALLY like, but it'd be nice to see a rep. Having said that, Gothitelle is... not a good choice, even as an echo.
Coincidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom