• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
As far as character reveals go, all I really want from this Direct is to see who the Pokemon rep is. I'm tired of wondering whether or not I should be absolutely ecstatic or salty as heck with who Sakurai chose.

Should Vergeben end up correct, Incineroar wouldn't be an entirely disappointing addition for me. He was actually my favorite Su/Mo starter, and I've kinda been prepared for this situation ever since Ash's Litten evolved.

Not who I want the most, but he's someone I could likely handle better than I did with Greninja.

Someone at Nintendo changed the name of Galaga Medley to "Bloody Tears" (well, more specifically "Bloody Tears/[Something]" but I can't remember what the other half was) for a while.
"Bloody Tears/Monster Dance"

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Anyway

Even if vergeben smash source is legit

We don't have to worry about k rool and Dixie anymore vergeben confirmed that part was discovered to be from a really really bad source from 4chan

So Im Following vergeben again especially since Simon is not 99% chance of being correct now

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Anyway

Even if vergeben smash source is legit

We don't have to worry about k rool and Dixie anymore vergeben confirmed that part was discovered to be from a really really bad source from 4chan

So Im Following vergeben again especially since Simon is not 99% chance of being correct now
A little word of advice - don't decide whether or not you're gonna follow a leaker just because you don't like the characters they leak. Your personal preference doesn't make their leaks any less credible.

Take it from someone who learned from experience.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I’m prepared for a potential curveball, but I expect Simon at the end of the Direct.

If we get two unique newcomers, I believe we’ll get them at the beginning.

Among other things, I think there are several characters at risk for disconfirmations. I think we’ll know what Chrom is today, and former Assist trophies may still be Assist trophies. We will have to wait and see.

Basically, I think we will see:

1) More stages
2) more items
3) Simon Belmont Playable
4) Disconfirmations one way or another (Assist trophies, Pokeballs, or Final smashes)
5) potentially an echo or another unique fighter

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
No, it wouldn't have been hard, but then Nintendo would know not to show them things ever again.

It would irrevocably damage their professional relationship, and that of every other Youtube Reviewer, with Nintendo.
I know but some people are that dumb but, I'll admit, it would have been hard to keep news that big to myself. For example, I showed my 35 year old cousin the Cloud trailer shortly after it came out and he straight up cried he was so happy. Cloud was a huge deal, possibly an even bigger deal than Snake or Sonic because of the huge, public breaking off with Square Enix that Nintendo had in the late 90's and how this was basically a reconciliation of it.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Literally NO ONE saw Cloud coming
I have bragging rights for voting Cloud in the Ballot. He was my most wanted characters ever and god bless that EVERYONE IS HERE when 3/4 people were saying that he will be gone after Smash 4.

I can't wait for Simon Belmont...But god I wish we could get an Alucard alt... Please god...

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
A little word of advice - don't decide whether or not you're gonna follow a leaker just because you don't like the characters they leak. Your personal preference doesn't make their leaks any less credible.

Take it from someone who learned from experience.
I learned from gemusatu

And I. Still taking vergeben stuff until proven otherwise

I think we may end up with the Pokémon, Isabelle and Simon in this direct for playable

P.Kat

Smash Champion
I had a dream that Ubosa was one of the revealed characters, what a surprise that would be. She's tied for first along with Mipha so it'd be cool to have her playable.

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
I had a dream that Ubosa was one of the revealed characters, what a surprise that would be. She's tied for first along with Mipha so it'd be cool to have her playable.
I actually had a dream just like that but it was Emi from DDR, the only thing i can remember about it was that Emi's palletes worked like Bowser Jr.'s.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I continue to dream we'll get a Champion. They have a lot going against them, but they haven't been disconfirmed yet either.

Besides, unlike other characters, I technically have four chances to get one of these guys. Power in numbers. :p

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Lol ok even if that was the plan now that everyone knows it they're just going to do something different because that's what Nintendo does
You don't seriously think they'd have time to change an entire prerecorded presentation, right?

John Dylan Smith

Banned via Warnings
West Chester Township, Butler County, Ohio
Oh I looked at the leak

Why are you guysbelieving it

It claimed the fan is back you know why it was removed
Was this done by Nintendo or done by a pretentious attention seeker looking to create another fake leak wanting our approval (Who could have used his/her time doing something more constructive than this idiotic bull splodge)?

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I continue to dream we'll get a Champion. They have a lot going against them, but they haven't been disconfirmed yet either.

Besides, unlike other characters, I technically have four chances to get one of these guys. Power in numbers. :p
Zelda hasn’t had a unique character since Brawl...and even that one was the cloniest one in Brawl so technically no unique moveset since Melee.

I’m totally up for four newcomers!

D

Deleted member

You don't seriously think they'd have time to change an entire prerecorded presentation, right?
I'm sure they have more than one character trailer made by now if they need to switch it up a bit pun intended

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
"Oh, crap! Call Sakurai and get him back in the studio! We have less than an hour!"
I would laugh my *** off if they quick changed things and didn’t reveal Simon...or just revealed the stage and music and implied he wasn't playable. You know they have other characters on hand...

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
"Oh, crap! Call Sakurai and get him back in the studio! We have less than an hour!"
Replace Millhouse with Sakurai and the editor with Bill and Nintendo has their solution.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
Even if we get Simon Belmont revealed in the direct, there's still one more thing that needs to happen in order for me to consider Verg as truly legit.

the Minecraft representation.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I actually more or less thought Of Steamed Hams (If you replace Seymore with Sakurai in the scene where he's wondering as how to get around this little problem after the roast has been ruined)!
All these Simpsons scenes.

And a Konami character most likely getting a reveal.

The jig is up Sakurai.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom