• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
Considering how hard they've been rationing out reveals I seriously doubt there'll be more than one character. On the other hand they might start revealing characters more regularly now.

Didn't someone post all the character reveals for previous Smash games to compare when they started getting reveals and the info drought we had not too long ago? It was about 70 days in each case and we were due for out first reveal in August, iirc.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
I honestly think Isabelle would be an Echo as well.

Honestly, Villager's moves fit her perfectly, from her running and dropping a potted plant, to her growing a tree, to catch something with a bug net, Echo just fits her to be honest.
You're forgetting that in order to be an echo you need to have almost the exact same hitbox/hurtbox. Isabelle's body is too much of a different shape to be an echo. But she could be a regular old clone like Pichu is.

Scicky

Smash Journeyman
You're forgetting that in order to be an echo you need to have almost the exact same hitbox/hurtbox. Isabelle's body is too much of a different shape to be an echo. But she could be a regular old clone like Pichu is.
Isabelle's head is just different, and the shape/size of Villager's head isn't even consistent among their palette swaps. It'd be easy to pull off.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
How did you even find this?

No mind, time for a crockpot theory! The music was intentionally leaked.
Wouldn’t surprise me at all actually, companies ‘leak’ stuff all the time.
The blog should be updating in a few minutes if it is today. It normally updates right around now.

Zeox

Smash Champion
So... this means Isabelle is happening, and Decidueye is not but there is a pokemon gen 7 happening too... and Minecraft is also represented in someway but not as a character, as a stage or assist trophy.
That, of course, if Vergeben is 100% right in everything, which may not happen, but we should be ready and make our minds in case it happens.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Phew! Woke up early enough to not miss anything. We're about to see some smiles and tears in a few hours.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Still expecting at least two new characters because every Direct or extended segment about Smash has had at least two since 2013 (not including the 'after hours' reveals).

E3 '13: Villager, MegaMan

SSB4 Direct #1: Charizard (by itself), Greninja

E3 '14: Mii Fighters, Palutena

Summer Smash Stream: Lucina, Robin

Smash 4 Direct #2: Bowser Jr, Mewtwo

Smash 4 Direct #3: Roy, Ryu

Final Smash 4 Direct: Corrin, Bayonetta

E3 '18: Daisy, Ridley

Still going to say that the Isabelle/Simon combo is probably the safest bet at this point.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Still expecting at least two new characters because every Direct or extended segment about Smash has had at least two since 2013 (not including the 'after hours' reveals).

E3 '13: Villager, MegaMan

SSB4 Direct #1: Charizard (by itself), Greninja

E3 '14: Mii Fighters, Palutena

Summer Smash Stream: Lucina, Robin

Smash 4 Direct #2: Bowser Jr, Mewtwo

Smash 4 Direct #3: Roy, Ryu

Final Smash 4 Direct: Corrin, Bayonetta

E3 '18: Daisy, Ridley

Still going to say that the Isabelle/Simon combo is probably the safest bet at this point.
Wasn't Wii Fit Trainer also at E3 '13?

D

Deleted member

Man, I wanted to wake up in 9:30 AM ET but I ended waking up at 7:01 AM ET and uggghhh..
Three more hours until much hype.

Also, this is not the first time a third party was leaked. Ryu was leaked by someone and now Simon was accidentally leaked by Nintendo.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
Supposedly Nintendo deliberately shared Cloud with a few notable YouTube gamers like the Completionist beforehand and it was nothing but a small miracle that none of them went public with it.
They legally couldn't tell anyone

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
My "perfect dozen" of third parties:

Konami: :ultsnake:, Simon
SEGA: :ultsonic:, Tails, Shadow, :ultbayonetta:
Capcom: :ultmegaman:, :ultryu:
Namco Bandai: :ultpacman:, Agumon
Square Enix: Cloud, Tifa

Sonic gets three characters (totalling four SEGA) because he's the only third party with perfect attendance since third parties were introduced to Smash (and therefore "deserves" *choke* it).
12 third partes?

Konami: Snake, Simon
SEGA: Sonic, Bayonetta, Tails
Capcom: Mega Man, Ryu
Namco: Pac Man, Nightmare
Square: Cloud
Bethesda: Dovahkiin
Microsoft: Banjo-Kazooie

I can't wait till we see the 69th character

the memes are going to meme themselves
...pleasebeK.RoolpleasebeK.Rool...
:joyful:
---

Well, that's one surprise gone. Hopefully Simon's not the only thing in this direct - there'll still be around a hlf hour of information. It'd be annoying if Simon was the only character reveal though.

I guess I don't have to worry about watching this if we already know their capstone hype reveal...

Not that I don't think Simon deserves it - He'd be a great addition. I've just never played Castlevania. I still want my headcanon of him and Dovahkiin adventuring together to come true, though...

Last edited:

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
So it's kind of wild that the real leak came from Nintendo all along...

Hopefully there's more newcomers to counteract this

KMDP

Smash Legend
I'm aware but Nintendo regularly has problems keeping their own employees quiet about this stuff. Plus, it wouldn't have been hard to have one of them anonymous hop on someplace like 4chan and spoil things.
No, it wouldn't have been hard, but then Nintendo would know not to show them things ever again.

It would irrevocably damage their professional relationship, and that of every other Youtube Reviewer, with Nintendo.

Last edited:

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
No, it wouldn't have been hard, but then Nintendo would know not to show them things ever again.

It would irrevocably damage their professional relationship, and that of every other Youtube Reviewer, with Nintendo.
The year is 2078, Robo Sakurai has taken it upon himself to develop and promote all aspects of the new Smash Bros.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Literally NO ONE saw Cloud coming
Funny you say that; I was asked on Discord who I thought was more likely, Cloud or Brian. I said Cloud.

So it's not as true as you think. Cloud was no easy guess by any means. But I did legit think he had a chance. A low one, but I also didn't believe in the "has to be a character heavily known for Nintendo presence" fan rule for quite a while. So when I saw him, I was not actually as surprised either. I always felt he was the blatant FF pick as is.

I agree he was extremely unexpected, but many fans only knew of the mistranslation of Sakurai's view on 3rd parties having Nintendo appearances. So it was easy to see why. That, and many people didn't know he had a Nintendo appearance to begin with, meaning they thought he was impossible "because" he lacked one. Both of these factors were incorrect anyway.

There's going to be a select few who can see things coming that are otherwise unexpected. Some saw Ridley coming. Most others didn't(due to Sakurai's statements on Ridley after 4 was released). Some people have good predictions, basically.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Man, I wanted to wake up in 9:30 AM ET but I ended waking up at 7:01 AM ET and uggghhh..
Three more hours until much hype.

Also, this is not the first time a third party was leaked. Ryu was leaked by someone and now Simon was accidentally leaked by Nintendo.
Was it through music? I was looking through Reddit, and I heard some title for some video with music was wrong. You can correct me if I am mistaken.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Was it through music? I was looking through Reddit, and I heard some title for some video with music was wrong. You can correct me if I am mistaken.
Someone at Nintendo changed the name of Galaga Medley to "Bloody Tears" (well, more specifically "Bloody Tears/[Something]" but I can't remember what the other half was) for a while.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Someone at Nintendo changed the name of Galaga Medley to "Bloody Tears" (well, more specifically "Bloody Tears/[Something]" but I can't remember what the other half was) for a while.
I think it was Monster Dance?

Iridium

Smash Hero
So that is what I remember. That title does relate to Castlevania, as in, I could find the song if it exists, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom