• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AzureFlame4

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4811-6946-8468
Lamest showdown imo would be melee jigglypuff vs Smash 4 Rosalina, but that's just me.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Hmm...
64 Luigi​
Melee Kirby​
Brawl Ganondorf​
Project M Bowser​
Smash 4 Jigglypuff​
Ultimate ???​
Ridley.
Wouldn't it be hilarious if after all this time, after all the hopes and dreams crushed by the words "Too Big', Ridley was bottom tier?
I'm not saying I want him to be, but it'd be amazingly funny.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I actually did a thing regarding "tier lists" and which characters had the overall best representation a few days back...

I'm bored again, so I decided to look at the SmashBoard official tier lists and compiled which characters have been represented in the tiers throughout Smash history. I'll be dividing the lists by how many games each character appeared in (the OG 12 was in 4 for example) and averaging the placements (it will be a decimal number frm 0-1). The lower the number, the highest they've been represented.

:ultmiifighters:aren't ranked in Smash 4 due to the universal ban.

There's some special cases where :4charizard:does not have a placement in Brawl and :sheilda:has an entry separate from :ultzelda: and :ultsheik:. As such :ultpokemontrainer: and :4charizard: will be treated as separate characters as well as :sheilda:.

Smash 4 has 6 ties. As such the character who's numbered first in SSBU's numbering sequence will take priority (for example :ultmarth:will take priority over :ultryu:).

Anyways:

Characters in 4 Smash games:

:ultfox:0.223:ultpikachu:0.228:ultfalcon:0.449:ultmario:0.535:ultyoshi:0.552:ultdk:0.589:ultluigi:0.641:ultsamus:0.642:ultkirby:0.651:ultjigglypuff:0.660:ultness:0.728:ultlink:0.773

Characters in 3 Smash games:

:ultmarth:0.149:ultsheik:0.295:ultpeach:0.365:ultfalco:0.372:ultgnw:0.620:ultbowser:0.755:ultganondorf:0.840:ultzelda:0.928

Characters in 2 Smash games:

:ultdiddy:0.080:ultmetaknight:0.159:ulticeclimbers:0.161:ultzss:0.173:ultolimar:0.230:ultlucario:0.299:ultsonic:0.362:ulttoonlink:0.380:ultmewtwo:0.495:ultwario:0.504:ultpit:0.515:ultrob:0.564:ultkingdedede:0.631:ultdoc:0.657:ultlucas:0.658:ultike:0.666:ultroy:0.766

Characters in 1 Smash game:

:ultbayonetta:0.018:ultcloud:0.036:ultrosalina:0.091:ultsnake:0.158:ultryu:0.218:ultcorrin:0.236:ultlucina:0.255:ultwolf:0.368:ultvillager:0.455:ultgreninja:0.473:ultmegaman:0.491:ultduckhunt:0.545:ultdarkpit:0.600:ultyounglink:0.615:sheilda:0.632:ultshulk:0.636:ultrobin0.691:ultpokemontrainer:0.763:4charizard:0.782:ultlittlemac:0.800:ultpalutena:0.818:ultpacman:0.836:ultbowserjr:0.873:ultpichu:0.923:ultwiifittrainer:0.927

If you put 'em all together it would look like (from overall best to worst):
:ultbayonetta::ultcloud::ultdiddy::ultrosalina::ultmarth::ultsnake::ultmetaknight::ulticeclimbers::ultzss::ultryu::ultfox::ultpikachu::ultolimar::ultcorrin::ultlucina::ultsheik::ultlucario::ultsonic::ultpeach::ultwolf::ultfalco::ulttoonlink::ultfalcon::ultvillager::ultgreninja::ultmegaman::ultmewtwo::ultwario::ultpit::ultmario::ultduckhunt::ultyoshi::ultrob::ultdk::ultdarkpit::ultyounglink::ultgnw::ultkingdedede::sheilda::ultshulk::ultluigi::ultsamus::ultkirby::ultdoc::ultlucas::ultjigglypuff::ultike::ultrobin:ultness::ultbowser::ultpokemontrainer::ultroy::ultlink::4charizard::ultlittlemac::ultpalutena::ultpacman::ultganondorf::ultbowserjr::ultpichu::ultwiifittrainer::ultzelda:
Maybe this would help out with which characters should be evened out...

My boi is smack dab in the middle. Come on, make a splash this time around!!!

KMDP

Smash Legend
Ridley.
Wouldn't it be hilarious if after all this time, after all the hopes and dreams crushed by the words "Too Big', Ridley was bottom tier?
I'm not saying I want him to be, but it'd be amazingly funny.
The best kind of irony.
lamest showdown would probably be something like, say... Brawl Meta Knight versus Melee Kirby.

TOTALLY BALANCED
As all things should be.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Hmm...
64 Luigi​
Melee Kirby​
Brawl Ganondorf​
Project M Bowser​
Smash 4 Jigglypuff​
Ultimate ???​
That sounds balanced and fair, actually. It might be an interesting match. Much more interesting than 1000th Captain Falcon vs Fox, that's for sure.

osby

Smash Obsessed
The only characters I'm actively rooting to not be top/high tier is Sheik and Cloud.
I don't think they'll fall behind much, Smash tournaments tend to favor fast characters, not that I mind seeing some different characters in matches.
I'm not even interested in competitive Smash, but it's really boring that you don't see interesting characters like Zelda or PAC-MAN in there.

AzureFlame4

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4811-6946-8468
What characters are people guessing to be top/high tier so far based on the demos? The only characters I've seen people talk about are Bayo, Snake, and Pokemon Trainer as good characters.

Noipoi

Howdy!
What characters are people guessing to be top/high tier so far based on the demos? The only characters I've seen people talk about are Bayo, Snake, and Pokemon Trainer as good characters.
With stamina being removed and free switches I could see Pokemon Trainer being high tier. I actually see Ridley being high tier too, maybe high mid tier.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Everyone that was already high tier before ia still high. Fox is moving down to upper mid. Ike is moving up to mid-mid.

That's what I'm 90% certain on.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I was just going through the backgrounds in the stages for each character.

Sheik's is Gerudo Valley.

...Shouldn't that be... Ganondorf's stage? (Ganondorf's is Bridge of Eldin)

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961

Mostly makes sense when you consider that OoT is the only game Sheik has ever been in.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

GDorf's stage should've been Dark Hyrule Castle and Sheik's stage should've been... uh... Kakariko village?

StormC

Smash Hero
Cloud will probably be mostly the same with less crazy frame data and the timed Limit Break. I expect he'll still be top 10 comfortably.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Hmm...
64 Luigi​
Melee Kirby​
Brawl Ganondorf​
Project M Bowser​
Smash 4 Jigglypuff​
Ultimate ???​
Well,

1. **** did smash 64 luigi do hes not terrible

Ultimate Bayonetta from Sakurai's head shake of shame.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
they were showing old stages p much on those so rip
That's what I'm saying, all the guys should have home stages. Right now, we've got weird concessions to make em fit.

Like what even IS Castle Siege and WHY is it every FE character's home stage?

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
IMO top tier will remain the same:

:ultbayonetta::ultcloud::ultdiddy::ultfox::ultmarth::ultmario::ultmewtwo::ultsheik::ultrosalina::ultsonic::ultzss:

"BUt FaX wAs NErfEDD!!!!" He still has great ground speed, plenty of combo/punish tools, and the dash mechanics and worse airdodges help him to keep pressure. Fox isn't going anywhere. Other contenders are :ultpikachu::ultryu: :ultsnake: and :ultlucina: by proxy.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
It's pretty much generic FE levels sans the usual grass plains being substituted by whatever the **** that volcano area is.

AzureFlame4

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4811-6946-8468
I'm hoping the top tier wont be the same. I like a different group of characters coming in to take over with each game.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
With how the balloon-hit knockback mechanic is working and probably staying, a lot of combo-heavy characters will probably lag behind, IMO.
I can probably see characters with fast-moving projectiles (to keep up with how far they're knocked back) making a comeback, more specifically :ultsamus::4miigun::ultpit:

KMDP

Smash Legend
That's what I'm saying, all the guys should have home stages. Right now, we've got weird concessions to make em fit.

According to the Smash Website, the FE Characters' home stages are
Marth/Lucina - Colosseum​
Roy/Ike - Castle Siege​
Robin/Corrin - Arena Ferox​
...Yeah, we need more FE stages.

Really, it should look like this
Marth - Colosseum​
Lucina - Arena Ferox​
Roy - Castle Siege (change it to "Bern Keep" or something IDK)
Ike - Tower of Guidance​
Robin - Plegia Castle​
Corrin - (Cyrkensian) Opera House​

Cheryl~

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1511-1076-9918
Outside of the usual suspects (Bayo, Sheik, Cloud, Fox maybe), I can definitely see Pikachu making its way back to the Top 10 with all the crazy buffs he got (Mewtwo N-Air, D-Air spikes for some reason). I can also see Pokémon Trainer being pretty great, maybe not top tier but definitely a high-tier pick. I also think Sonic might fall off a bit because of the spin dash changes but he also seems to be buffed in other areas so who knows at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom