• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
You know everyone talk about Shadow, Dark Samus, Ken, etc.. as echo fighters, but there is one character I feel like could have decent chance as a echo fighter.

Who you may ask? Well...
Roll-mvc-pose.gif

Roll was a clone of Mega Man in MvC1 & 2, despite this, her moves had alot of unique animation & personality into them, and Echo Fighter generally differ the most from the original in term of aesthetics (just look at Daisy's idle stance), aslong as said animation aren't too different from Mega Man, Roll could work perfectly as a Echo Fighter.

Last edited:

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Showerthought: you know how at the end of each match, you can get an overview of the characters you killed and which killed you, displaying them in proper order?

In Ultimate, you can kill some Assist Trophies and get a point for them. So will those be displayed in the kill count, too? If so, we will get tons more of those glorious new stock icons.

I was wondering the same thing! Idk if there's a way to check from all the footage that we have, most people don't spend enough time in the results screen.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Bayonetta speaks Japanese in the JP versions. I see your point though, but I still prefer most of the Japanese voices anyway. Especially Snake. I love Akio Ohtsuka wayyyy more than David Hayter.
She speaks both, depending on her costume.

She speaks English in her Bayo 1 costume but Japanese in her Bayo 2 costume, as a reference to there not being a Japanese voicetrack until Bayo 2.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Bayonetta speaks Japanese in the JP versions. I see your point though, but I still prefer most of the Japanese voices anyway. Especially Snake. I love Akio Ohtsuka wayyyy more than David Hayter.
Bayonetta speaks English in her "Witch with no Memories" alt, since there is no Japanese dub of her first game.

Also that's a matter of preference.
I prefer Pit, Palutena, Bayonetta and Ryu's English voices.
And Marth, Cloud and Roy's Japanese voices.

I think Snake is good in both versions.

splat

Smash Lord
Roll was a clone of Mega Man in MvC1 & 2, despite this, her moves had alot of unique animation & personality into them, and Echo Fighter generally differ the most from the original in term of aesthetics (just look at Daisy's idle stance), aslong as said animation aren't too different from Mega Man, Roll could work perfectly as a Echo Fighter.
I don't really like the idea of third party Echo Fighters. From what I know of business agreements, I simply don't believe it's as simple as 'hey, can we use this character?' 'Sure, go right ahead!' - there's probably at least some financial compensation involved. It feels just like a bit of a waste to create third party echoes if there's still so many free options within Nintendo's own barrel. If you're going to dish out money, better spend it on original third party newcomers that'd generate more hype.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
You know everyone talk about Shadow, Dark Samus, Ken, etc.. as echo fighters, but there is one character I feel like could have decent chance as a echo fighter.

Who you may ask? Well...
View attachment 149957
I love Roll, but I would have REALLY liked Proto Man as an Echo before anyone...

But he's in Mega's Final Smash now, so probably not.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I don't really like the idea of third party Echo Fighters. From what I know of business agreements, I simply don't believe it's as simple as 'hey, can we use this character?' 'Sure, go right ahead!' - there's probably at least some financial compensation involved. It feels just like a bit of a waste to create third party echoes if there's still so many free options within Nintendo's own barrel. If you're going to dish out money, better spend it on original third party newcomers that'd generate more hype.
I don't think an echo fighter would cost that much, but I ain't an expert when it come to that, so I won't say **** I don't know here.

Still, even if that's true, it would be still pretty neat if it did happen by some strange miracle imo.
I love Roll, but I would have REALLY liked Proto Man as an Echo before anyone...

But he's in Mega's Final Smash now, so probably not.
I did think about Proto Man as a echo fighter, but the problem I had with him on the moment was:

How could you make his animations feel different from Mega Man?

Roll ain't no air fighter, so it's easy to imagine her being clumsy and cute in the process, but for Proto Man, what you would do? Make him look cooler than the blue robot?

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Wamuu's voice can't save Part 2 from being the worst Part. :4pacman:That's my opinion anyway.
Guys, let's not fill this thread with trash opinions please.

Who you may ask? Well...
View attachment 149957
Wasn't she a joke character in those games? Would she be one in Smash or be more balanced?

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
You know, that reminds me. I heard someone say that a character like Android 21 could be in Smash because while she is a Dragon Ball character, she technically originated from a video game so that makes her eligible for Smash. I thought that was an interesting idea, but then I realized that even if she is eligible, putting her in Smash would be a stupid idea. Every Dragon Ball fan would be pissed that it's a Dragon Ball character that isn't Goku. They wouldn't accept the "video game characters only" rule in this case.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Guys, let's not fill this thread with trash opinions please.

Wasn't she a joke character in those games? Would she be one in Smash or be more balanced?
It depend, Echo Fighter can't differ too much from their original. So Roll's attack could be weaker, but she could have a slighty smaller hurtbox, along maybe a higher job and/or faster walk/run speed.

Really tho, it would depend if Mega Man is a good or bad character when the game release.
Isn't that the whole appeal of Protoman anyways?
Sure, but beside him getting the Dark Pit treatements (very few difference in term of animation, beside taunts, Final Smash & victory pose), I feel like Proto Man cool attitude wouldn't be shown well on Mega Man moveset.

Tho, the same argument could be made on Roll, so maybe my brain is just not working well enough.
a emote.png

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
It depend, Echo Fighter can't differ too much from their original. So Roll's attack could be weaker, but she could have a slighty smaller hurtbox, along maybe a higher job and/or faster walk/run speed.

Really tho, it would depend if Mega Man is a good or bad character when the game release.

Sure, but beside him getting the Dark Pit treatements (very few difference in term of animation, beside taunts, Final Smash & victory pose), I feel like Proto Man cool attitude wouldn't be shown well on Mega Man moveset.

Tho, the same argument could be made on Roll, so maybe my brain is just not working well enough.View attachment 149959
He's got those cool shades. That's already enough to have his cool attitude shown off.

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
I've heard people say the reason King K. Rool hasn't made any recent appearances is because Miyamoto is heavily biased against the games and characters created by Rare and that he didn't want Retro Studios to put the Kremlings in either of the DKC Returns games. Is this true?

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
How viable is the E shop bag?

...I'm serious.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I've heard people say the reason King K. Rool hasn't made any recent appearances is because Miyamoto is heavily biased against the games and characters created by Rare and that he didn't want Retro Studios to put the Kremlings in either of the DKC Returns games. Is this true?
Sounds like made up bs to me.

splat

Smash Lord
I don't think an echo fighter would cost that much, but I ain't an expert when it come to that, so I won't say **** I don't know here.
We will probably never find out what the agreements look like, but the response to an Echo Fighter status probably depends on the character, the respective studio and how protective they are of their characters. I mean, I think Capcom would be fine with Ken being an Echo of Ryu as they are canonically really similar, but as Sega tries quite hard to differentiate many characters, I could see how they might not be as happy with Shadow being a 1:1 Echo Fighter of Sonic.

A second character from a single series might be easier to find an agreement for (especially if Sakurai has shown he will stay true to the source character), but I doubt an Echo Fighter is cheaper per se.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
He's got those cool shades. That's already enough to have his cool attitude shown off.
Real talk here, if he get in, we need a costume or a taunt that remove his helmet.

Those hairs are just too good for the world to not see.

Also, he is so cool, he has shade BEHIND his shade!

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Real talk here, if he get in, we need a costume or a taunt that remove his helmet.

Jesus, that hair looks like a dagger.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Sounds like made up bs to me.
Not to say it's impossible, as Miyamoto is known for having biases. But even then, he makes suggestions about things like that. He doesn't generally outright say no, though he does prefer sequels to games are more unique than reusing the same formula. Sometimes.

Retro may simply have their own ideas, and it's not really much to do with Miyamoto in the first place.

DYED

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 8460 7625 6123

And his hitbox gets bigger and anyone never use it anymore.
>:3c

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
And his hitbox gets bigger and anyone never use it anymore.
>:3c
Yeah, BUUUUUUUUuuuuuuut.......

His hair have a constant spike hitbox on it, so everytime you touch his hair, you fall to your doom.

It be still banned, but atleast, it be fun to use in Casual match.:troll:

Also, Mega Man match-up against proto man in this costume is basically 100% in Protoman favor, 'cuz Mega Man would explode every time he touch Proto Man hair.

Sakurai would really want far and beyond to make Mega Man as close as possible to his original game.:yeahboi:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Will Will Wait, did you just change your avatar like twice in a few seconds?
Testing new avatars and stuff. Once you upload it on Smashboards, it automatically changes. You can do a rapid-fire of avatar changing pretty quick.

Shroob

Sup?
Honestly, even if this game goes heavier on the 'fan-service' aspect for character selection, I really hope it doesn't forget to represent some newer games.

Tropical Freeze, Xenoblade X, Sun and Moon, Smash is first and foremost Nintendo's biggest marketing stunt.

DYED

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 8460 7625 6123
Testing new avatars and stuff. Once you upload it on Smashboards, it automatically changes. You can do a rapid-fire of avatar changing pretty quick.
Mate go with Rai Mamezuku, top tier waifu over there.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Honestly, even if this game goes heavier on the 'fan-service' aspect for character selection, I really hope it doesn't forget to represent some newer games.

Tropical Freeze, Xenoblade X, Sun and Moon, Smash is first and foremost Nintendo's biggest marketing stunt.
If it was able to be in the planning process before the final proposition was accepted, then it was either mentioned or agreed to be included. If not, it'll probably be DLC.

Mate go with Rai Mamezuku, top tier waifu over there.
Can't find a good one of him. Been considering using the one where he looks like Stain from the last chapter, but Urban fits for now. Pretty good villain.
Rai and Urban both had amazing debuts, maybe since they were at the same time? :p

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

Who you may ask? Well...
View attachment 149957
I made a support thread if you wanna put your name on the list. (in my signature)

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I made a support thread if you wanna put your name on the list. (in my signature)
I don't know if I can call myself a Roll supporter.

Sure, I would love to see her in the game, but it's not like I would need to see her in particular. My post about her was more for talking about her potential as a echo fighter and what could be done to make her feel different, but I kinda expect that she won't make the cut sadly.

Still, thank you for the proposition, I don't think you need to put my name, but know that I be really happy if she got in as a echo fighter. :)

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion

Yeah I'd at least like them to get a stage if not characters, those 3 all offer a bunch of different really cool stage concepts

splat

Smash Lord
How viable is the E shop bag?

...I'm serious.
Do you believe in the multiverse theory? If so, there might just be a few universes where the Eshop bag appears.

Honestly, I love the oddball characters (as seen in my signature), but the Eshop bag has so many limitations that it's really unlikely.

EDIT: Speaking of which, does anyone know why my signature does not appear sometimes?

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I don't know if I can call myself a Roll supporter.

Sure, I would love to see her in the game, but it's not like I would need to see her in particular. My post about her was more for talking about her potential as a echo fighter and what could be done to make her feel different, but I kinda expect that she won't make the cut sadly.

Still, thank you for the proposition, I don't think you need to put my name, but know that I be really happy if she got in as a echo fighter. :)
You'd be happy if she got in, that's enough for a supporter in my eyes. You don't need to make a blood pact or shave your hair if she doesn't get in or anything. :psycho:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Hey, how's it going?
It's been so long. I'm excited to be back but it'll take me a while to spin up my being constantly active again. Haha.
Pretty effin' awesome. I'm in Australia for a while, so the mornings are when all the neat stuff happens.

I wake up and have a whole day's worth of US news.

Really excited for Smash Ultimate though. Inklings are my jam and have been for a while.
Oh yeah, :ultridley: too.

Smashiny

Smash Journeyman
Do you believe in the multiverse theory? If so, there might just be a few universes where the Eshop bag appears.

Honestly, I love the oddball characters (as seen in my signature), but the Eshop bag has so many limitations that it's really unlikely.

EDIT: Speaking of which, does anyone know why my signature does not appear sometimes?
I think signatures appeaar once per page :p

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Really!? Do you have source for that, since that would be pretty epic.
You can check the followers on the Kremling Kampaigner twitter account. This is something that has been a thing for some time
There has been?
Here, here and here.

A Generation 7 Pokemon being playable is something I outright expect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom