• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Going by the boxart, it's possible that we might have 17 default characters and might have to work our way up from there.

EDIT: Actually, it may be 20 since all three of the characters with echo characters are shown. That sounds right, it's a nice even start.

Last edited:

Awesomeperson159

Smash Apprentice
Simon was implicated by Vergeben, who correctly claimed that ICs, Ridley, and Snake are playable and that there are no cuts.
A word of caution about leaks: Fake leakers can just guess things that seem just reasonable enough to be true, and if they're at least mostly right? Everyone believes them about anything. He might be right, but he could've guessed as well.

Just saying.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Well Meowth was shown during the stream. Yeah it pretty much is between Mimikyu, Lycanroc, Incenaroar and Decidueye as far as Pokemon newcomers go. (If we get any)

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Oh reminded me

SlickWylde SlickWylde

I think there's a good chance you may want your fork and spoon ready for the shoe.

Because it said there's 66 characters and Ridley is 65# I'm pretty sure 66 is simon belmot

But it's not over yet Simon could end up with a gemusatu scenario

Going by the boxart, it's possible that we might have 17 default characters and might have to work our way up from there.

EDIT: Actually, it may be 20 since all three of the characters with echo characters are shown. That sounds right, it's a nice even start.
I heard sakurai say that then orignal 12 from 64 are the starters

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
So, how many newcomers do you guys think will be in Smash? I doubt we will get just 66 fighters, and I think 4 newcomers, the three we have plus the possibility of Simon Belmont (though not confirmed yet) is too small for a game that is supposed to be new.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Going by the boxart, it's possible that we might have 17 default characters and might have to work our way up from there. Or maybe they'll do 15 and leave any two of them (I'd say Ness and Toon Link) locked, but I don't recall any boxart of Smash that has unlockable characters shown.

EDIT: Actually, it may be 20 since all three of the characters with echo characters are shown.
They should have you start with the original 12 or 8, then have you unlock characters with Smash Coins or something. You earn coins by doing literally anything like in Melee or Brawl, then you just spend them to unlock the characters you want. Characters get slightly more expensive with each unlock but it never gets stupidly grindy or anything. So say you want Ridley, you just beat Classic Mode out of the box, and go buy him. You do a quick fight (if you lose you can rematch for free), unlock him, bada-bing! You don't have to work your way through all the Dark Pits and Lucinas to get to the characters you actually want!

D

Deleted member

>Geno is mentioned in this leak.

I made the right last-minute decision if he ends up playable.
No he isn't.
Someone asked the leaker if Geno was in the game and the leaker said that they didn't know about any newcomers other than Inklings.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Am I the only one seeing everyone complains all over the internet ? like WTF ?
People are crying and say it's a remake (whaaaat ? it's a legitimate Smash 5 for me), they cry cause no animal crossing
I am a huge fan of Metroid Prime but I don't cry cause I didn't see MP4 gameplay, that Smash game is already the Best game of the serie (gameplay and of course characters)

I lost my mind at the Ridley reveal, but I don't see people that excited, event the Ridley fans are like ''cool finally'' but nothing more, maybe they don't even realise lol
I mean I've never not seen this happen during E3 and I've followed, like, all of them.

Nani?

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4613-7779-1616
Switch FC
SW 2020-9361-5549

E3 showed us starting off with the 64 crew, though. I think the box art has other character just to display who you can play as.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Zelda is so cute!!!! I love how Sakurai finally decided to let Zelda characters be based on different Zelda games instead of just one or two Zelda games.

Melee
:linkmelee::sheikmelee::zeldamelee::younglinkmelee::ganondorfmelee: = Ocarina of Time

Brawl and SSB4
:link2::sheik::zelda::ganondorf: = Twilight Princess
:toonlink: = The Wind Waker

Ultimate
:4link::4sheik: = Breath of the Wild
:younglinkmelee::4ganondorf: = Ocarina of Time 3D
:4zelda: = A Link Between Worlds
:4tlink: = The Wind Waker HD

Finally. No more Twilight Princess. But I wish SSB4 had Link and Zelda based on Skyward Sword. :ohwell:

I can't get over how cute Zelda looks! I love that haircut... almost reminds me of the 1980s and early 1990s for some reason.

Nani?

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4613-7779-1616
Switch FC
SW 2020-9361-5549
Zelda is so cute!!!! I love how Sakurai finally decided to let Zelda characters be based on different Zelda games instead of just one or two Zelda games.

Melee
:linkmelee::sheikmelee::zeldamelee::younglinkmelee::ganondorfmelee: = Ocarina of Time

Brawl and SSB4
:link2::sheik::zelda::ganondorf: = Twilight Princess
:toonlink: = The Wind Waker

Ultimate
:4link::4sheik: = Breath of the Wild
:younglinkmelee::4ganondorf: = Ocarina of Time 3D
:4zelda: = A Link Between Worlds
:4tlink: = The Wind Waker HD

Finally. No more Twilight Princess. But I wish SSB4 had Link and Zelda based on Skyward Sword. :ohwell:

I can't get over how cute Zelda looks! I love that haircut... almost reminds me of the 1980s and early 1990s for some reason.
It does look truly adorable.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Oh reminded me

SlickWylde SlickWylde

I think there's a good chance you may want your fork and spoon ready for the shoe.

Because it said there's 66 characters and Ridley is 65# I'm pretty sure 66 is simon belmot

But it's not over yet Simon could end up with a gemusatu scenario

I heard sakurai say that then orignal 12 from 64 are the starters
Yeah at this point I believe Verge (I believe the guy from Genatsu too, and think he had outdated info), and Simon may have been in development and cut... we'll see. But hey, it's a fun thing to be wrong about! :) (A lot of people were misrepresenting my bet as negativity, when I was trying to make a fun bet and a "ooooh you got owned" funny situation if I was wrong)

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
The one a certain someone who quoted me hates. Not that it matters since I am not coming back.

~~The thread owner of a character who you are happy got deconfirmed~~

I bet you are enjoying my sadness now.
I honestly feel nothing. Slight pity for you for taking it so hard I guess.

I don't like Takamaru because he doesn't do anything for me and seems a bit of a generic samurai IMO. Doesn't mean I'm going to bathe in the tears of his upset fans.

I dislike Geno as a character idea too, but I'd never rip into, I dunno...Ze Diglett or PapaGenos for their loss. That's a **** move and I had to get plenty of that bull**** back in Sm4sh when people gleefully reveled in Toad being deconfirmed.

Sorry you're taking it so hard, but I'm not sure why I've been singled out as a ******* simply for having a differing opinion considering I've not said anything on these forums about being happy to see him relegated to an Assist trophy?

At least we'll both get Mii outfits for our deconfirmed characters presumably.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
The one a certain someone who quoted me hates. Not that it matters since I am not coming back.

~~The thread owner of a character who you are happy got deconfirmed~~

I bet you are enjoying my sadness now.
Sorry your character was deconfirmed I know how that feels, two of my most wanted characters (Lyn and Krystal) were deconfirmed *snap* just like that. It may be depressing, but this doesn't have to be the end, it just means our characters have better chance next time, and there will be a next time there are other who feel the same pain as you, for your character(s) and their own, but as for now we have to try to look at the positive: we got back everyone.

That's pretty big, that's never happened since Melee, and although I lost my characters (that other lost too) when I look at the improvements to the characters, the remodeled stages, the homage to the character's game through their outfits, stages, etc, and overall the love Sakurai puts into this game for us the fans, I feel better; I feel happy.

There are newcomers that are coming that might appeal to our playstyle, or newcomers that we never expected that we wanted. So I hope overtime you give yourself a chance to take a breather and come back when your feeling better. :)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Don't let people like that get to you, come on cheer up.
Cheer up for what? NOTHING?

Think I am going to wait another 8 years for a Smash game only to be disappointed again?

I am getting old, Sakurai is getting old, this franchise won't be around forever.

Give me good damn reasons why I should stay. PLEASE, enlighten me.

blackghost

Smash Champion
i watched that Leo fight dying of laughter.
adapt or die. it was funny watching a melee player get overwhelmed like that.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Bayonetta already needs a nerf and it's not even out yet.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
anyone know if they have said whether or not we still have more characters to come? some on the dialogue ive seen makes it sound pretty final

Khao

Smash Lord
Ridley+Ice Climbers+Snake doesn't have to mean the leak is real. They're all fan favorites with a stupidly high chance of appearing and anyone could've predicted them (and I'm sure a ton of people did, lol).

I mean, Simon could still be an announcement later on, but don't expect it with complete certainty.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
So, how many newcomers do you guys think will be in Smash? I doubt we will get just 66 fighters, and I think 4 newcomers, the three we have plus the possibility of Simon Belmont (though not confirmed yet) is too small for a game that is supposed to be new.
Yea there's no way 66 is the total number of playables in smash switch

The biggest piece of evidence is 5 months away from smash ultimate

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
A word of caution about leaks: Fake leakers can just guess things that seem just reasonable enough to be true, and if they're at least mostly right? Everyone believes them about anything. He might be right, but he could've guessed as well.

Just saying.
While true, he knew about Jump Force's existence, who also told him about the Smash leaks he knows (or at the very least, told him about Ridley) so he at least has a source that is legit and knows something.

HYP

Smash Rookie
NNID
hypster0628
Switch FC
SW-1631-9283-6619
I dont care about characters, I care about tech. Wavelanding is confirmed, powershielding, wavedashing. L cancel is unlikely but that's all I need to finally come out of the PM caves

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

Think I am going to wait another 8 years for a Smash game only to be disappointed again?

I am getting old, Sakurai is getting old, this franchise won't be around forever.

Give me good damn reasons why I should stay. PLEASE, enlighten me.
Consider the following.

We have zero proof that THIS will be the last ever Smash game, Daisy is in which is ONE character you wanted, and you are still a young adult with a whole life ahead of him.

Think about how much mood killing that's happened and not ruin it for others here. At least I will try and make the day better for you.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
On the topics of graphics, what are everyone's thoughts on Ganon's new look? I think it's a pretty nice callback. :3
I was talking about Sheik's viability lol, but yeah, Ganondorf's (old?) new design is awesome, and so is the Ganon final smash, I love it.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Watch Plup's ridley get destroyed 2 stocks in a row by bayo combos in smash ultimate
pretty sure she's getting nerfed again lol
Rather have it happen here so sakurai can see what hes done and please fix it haha

bayo nerfed ridley buffed for the final release.

Nani?

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4613-7779-1616
Switch FC
SW 2020-9361-5549

Give me good reasons why I should stay. PLEASE, enlighten me.
You should stay because Smash Bros. is a fun game and has a good community. If you don't like one thing the game did, I'm truly sorry, but the character you wanted always has another go in the next Smash game, After all, after this E3, it's clear Sakurai is listing to fans.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I literally do not know any of those three who fought Nairo and lost.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I honestly feel nothing. Slight pity for you for taking it so hard I guess.

I don't like Takamaru because he doesn't do anything for me and seems a bit of a generic samurai IMO. Doesn't mean I'm going to bathe in the tears of his upset fans.

I dislike Geno as a character idea too, but I'd never rip into, I dunno...Ze Diglett or PapaGenos for their loss. That's a **** move and I had to get plenty of that bull**** back in Sm4sh when people gleefully reveled in Toad being deconfirmed.

Sorry you're taking it so hard, but I'm not sure why I've been singled out as a ******* simply for having a differing opinion considering I've not said anything on these forums about being happy to see him relegated to an Assist trophy?

At least we'll both get Mii outfits for our deconfirmed characters presumably.
Alright, I'll just say that I am sorry for getting mad at you and not those who deserve it.

I was just so consumed with hurt and rage that I lost myself. I shouldn't be like thsi when everyone loses their character and it happens every game.

Here's to hoping you can forgive me.

Consider the following.

We have zero proof that THIS will be the last ever Smash game, Daisy is in which is ONE character you wanted, and you are still a young adult with a whole life ahead of him.

Think about how much mood killing that's happened and not ruin it for others here. At least I will try and make the day better for you.
And I will say sorry to you as well, for not only making an *** of myself here (which is embracing you enough for the day, but making you upset to.

If only I can at least try to be a better man than fail all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom