• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I very much doubt if they were going to have 4 newcomers they wouldn't have just thrown out every veteran like that.

Especially when so many of them have design changes and changes to their movesets.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
I see Ivysaur managed to completely circumvent the great tether up-B purge of Smash4 by skipping that game. That's neat.
That was so weird, they changed the ledge mechanics and everything there was no reason to get rid of them

View attachment 147930

Ridley looks ****in' gross.
He looks terrifying and almost out of place but I guess that's just how ridley is, he's literally the most ruthless and ****ed up character in smash now

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Plebians want Decidueye.
The Woke want Mimikyu.
The Ascended want Pyukumyuku or golisopod

C3CC

Smash Lord
I NEED someone to confirm if Charizard's Rock Smash was actually removed :'(

And also...

Did I get it right, or we're just getting the Original 12 as basics and everyone else is unlockable? If so, YES!!!!

kylexv

Smash Master
So we from a point where we knew absolutely nothing about the game to debating whether or not we know the final roster already.

What a day.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
I very much doubt if they were going to have 4 newcomers they wouldn't have just thrown out every veteran like that.

Especially when so many of them have design changes and changes to their movesets.
4 seems like way too little for a game that is supposed to be brand new, veterans are nice but a new game needs new content to draw people in after all, I'm expecting at least like 8 minimum

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778

thats how I feel, theyre definitely more newcomers, from here until december they'll probably show a couple even if its just at one single direct inbetween, and then im sure they'll "try" and keep some hidden for release.

realistically i feel we will have at least 5 more possibly something like 8 at most, and then of course DLC.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
I still can't believe Ridley killed Mario and Mega Man :c
They are actually ****ing dead for real. Capcom just cancelled Megaman 11 and we got confirmation from Miyamoto that there will no longer be Mario games after Super Mario Party, the last game Mario acted in before his untimely murder. Wario will be doing some filler lines and there will be some tasteful CG to finish the rest of the scenes. We mourn those we lost today.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Did I get it right, or we're just getting the Original 12 as basics and everyone else is unlockable? If so, YES!!!!
They said it was like the original 8/12 where you had a small set number of characters already unlocked. It doesn't mean it's just the original 12 only. I don't think we're even getting 12 and under, it could just be the characters we saw on the boxart.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Wait, is this the first time the Original 12 have been acknowledged as the Original 12 officially?

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I NEED someone to confirm if Charizard's Rock Smash was actually removed :'(

And also...

That's probably the best part I think I heard that as well

54 unlockable characters (plus whoever the other newcomers are + Simon Belmont) and the original 12 are the starters this will be the greatest smash game ever

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
4 seems like way too little for a game that is supposed to be brand new, veterans are nice but a new game needs new content to draw people in after all, I'm expecting at least like 8 minimum
9 gets to the nice number of 75. 75 is a good marketing number.

C3CC

Smash Lord

54 unlockable characters (plus whoever the other newcomers are + Simon Belmont) and the original 12 are the starters this will be the greatest smash game ever
Why is everyone saying Simon Belmont is pretty much confirmed? What is going on? What am I missing?

SuperMasterHand

Smash Journeyman
Am I the only one seeing everyone complains all over the internet ? like WTF ?
People are crying and say it's a remake (whaaaat ? it's a legitimate Smash 5 for me), they cry cause no animal crossing
I am a huge fan of Metroid Prime but I don't cry cause I didn't see MP4 gameplay, that Smash game is already the Best game of the serie (gameplay and of course characters)

I lost my mind at the Ridley reveal, but I don't see people that excited, event the Ridley fans are like ''cool finally'' but nothing more, maybe they don't even realise lol

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Wait, is this the first time the Original 12 have been acknowledged as the Original 12 officially?

seems like the roster might be set up that way as well, a tad confusing cause characters wont be in their "series" but it'll make sense for hardcore smash veteran players.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Why is everyone saying Simon Belmont is pretty much confirmed? What is going on? What am I missing?
Simon was implicated by Vergeben, who correctly claimed that ICs, Ridley, and Snake are playable and that there are no cuts.

Super Flygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Master_Zach
3DS FC
1289-8257-7574
Switch FC
SW-5750-9817-6593
9 gets to the nice number of 75. 75 is a good marketing number.
Agreed. Funnily enough, the roster I made after the announcement (won't post until after E3) has 9 newcomers, including the three we got today. It is a 12x6 roster with the characters ordered by their appearance in Smash (which seems to be what they are going for, based on Treehouse Live, which I kind of like).

I put Echo Characters next to the ones they are based on though. That's really what I hope we have for the base roster. 72 slots, but still 75 characters when you factor in Miis, Trainer & Random. Also, having the original 12 occupy the first row would be cool (and show how far the series has come).

Nani?

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4613-7779-1616
Switch FC
SW 2020-9361-5549
There was a leak that Ice Climbers, Ridley, and Simon Belmont would be coming to Smash. Ice Climbers and Ridley got confirmed, leading many to beleive the leak is real, and if that's the case, Simon Belmont is on his way.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
I do think it's a bit funny that a lot of people thought they were going to get rid of unlocks completely and they're like "you get twelve out of 65+ characters unlock the rest".

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Am I the only one seeing everyone complains all over the internet ? like WTF ?
People are crying and say it's a remake (whaaaat ? it's a legitimate Smash 5 for me), they cry cause no animal crossing
Well, it appears to be a very heavily altered port of Smash 4. They clearly built off of it, but they'll probably bill it as a new game. I hardly think it matters.

I am a huge fan of Metroid Prime but I don't cry cause I didn't see MP4 gameplay, that Smash game is already the Best game of the serie (gameplay and of course characters)
The people whining about not seeing Metroid Prime 4 likely do not understand that it likely had barely started development when it was announced. People tend to be impatient like that.

I lost my mind at the Ridley reveal, but I don't see people that excited, event the Ridley fans are like ''cool finally'' but nothing more, maybe they don't even realise lol
Trust me, we're all extremely excited! But we've been waiting for a long time, so it's really more relief than abject insanity. It's very awesome! The people you see complaining about him are simply being loud because they're complaining. Don't worry. The reaction to Ridley is overwhelmingly positive.

C3CC

Smash Lord
Simon was implicated by Vergeben, who correctly claimed that ICs, Ridley, and Snake are playable and that there are no cuts.
... Oh.

**** no please no. I'd hate that. There are way too many guests already. Snake returning was the last thing we needed and that's enough.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
I've never really known much about Ridley, but the reveal trailer did a good job in making him feel like a character, but also really scary. The way he spins Mario's hat around his finger after wiping him out shows his cruel sense of humor. Captain Falcon move over, we got a new King of Disrespect!

C3CC C3CC - Agreed. Not for the same reasons though. I'm screwed if Simon gets revealed...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom