• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyndis_

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-6600-3090-1548
Tetris playable character is historical and deserves it
Doesn't something have to be a character first before becoming a playable one? I feel like missing that is pretty important.

I do hope we get a Tetris stage though, we've already got a song but I feel like it deserves more.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
... Commander, there has been a protocol breach, permission to eradicate all witnesses?
Permission denied. At least until Tuesday.

Also can we please hid any potential photo leaks in spoiler tabs? We are so close to the official reveal, I would hate for it to be spoiled.
You're on the Internet during the wrong time if you want to be avoiding spoilers, chum.

There's no way of knowing what is real/fake until the actual presentation itself. The most I could see mods enforcing as far as "no potential spoilers" is for when the Nintendo Direct itself starts.

Zeox

Smash Champion
https://imgur.com/NkEkUtG

So apparently Best Buy Mexico listed Smash Bros Switch release as October 31st. Amazon Mexico also has that release date too. Normally I would pass this off as a placeholder, if it said December 31st. But who knows.
Interesting, maybe it is intentional to be released on Halloween because is the spookiest, darkest smash? maybe because this smash will have an evil villain theme? why i am looking so much to a date that probably doesn't even mean anything?

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
One thing I'm hoping for is finding out who's developing the damn game (alongside Project Sora I'm guessing), cause it certainly isn't HAL Labs as it still states on GameFaqs
Bandai Namco, due to Tiago Sonobe accidentally leaking out information about the new rendering engine.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Did that Sora, Elma, Simon leak get debunked already?
I dont think so but its basically just piggy backing the imgr leak anyway and we'll know a bunch of leak debunking info on tuesday so no ones really trying to debunk the flood of new leaks with no credibility behind them.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Ok guys, so I just started on my newcomer wishlist roster for Switch Smash, including Simon if the leak is real. (Inklings are left out due to being confirmed.)

Any suggestions for the remaining 6 spots?

Smash switch roster wishlist (unfinished).png

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Ok guys, so I just started on my newcomer wishlist roster for Switch Smash, including Simon if the leak is real. (Inklings are left out due to being confirmed.)

View attachment 147408
Boshi, Yoob, Baby Yoshi, Mini Yoshi, Kart Fighter Yoshi (the one in my avatar) and a random Yoshi OC on the internet

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I don't buy Elma (implied by the exoskeleton/'skell' in that Twitter post) being in the reveal trailer at all. I'd love to believe it but unless they're doing something with X then any number of other characters make more sense. Or maybe she's there to keep the Splatoon 1 Inkling company as a Wii U pal.
Not sure if the person is specifically referring to E3 reveals, but if so, I'm not sure why Elma would be revealed there. Characters like her are typically saved for later reveals, and while I haven't seen the full list of newcomers, there has to be better characters for Nintendo to promote than Elma.

View attachment 147408
I would've suggested Mipha, but I can see Impa's silhouette in there, so I'm just gonna bury that idea.

How about a Pokemon rep you like? Decidueye, Lycanroc, Mimikyu, Incineroar, Tapu Koko, etc.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

View attachment 147408
Elma and Isabelle would be neat.

Kopy

Smash Cadet
You joined much later than me and have more posts than I do, so it all balances out.
Why is it desirable to post as much as possible without any content whatsoever?

I'm really excited for the 12th, invited some friends over to play some Smash before the big presentation.
I'm hoping for Ridley since Melee, but I try to keep my expectations low. It will be a welcomed surprise.
We will see if Sakurai changed his opinion on him..

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Am I the only one that imagines - if this is true - the Treehouse people locked in a house with no internet or phones and armed guards at every entrance to prevent leaks? LMFAO.
Your forgetting the neuralyzer borrow from the MIB themselves just in case you can't trust someone to stay silent. Nothing like a good mind wipe it's less... messier than the alternative.

I kind of have a feeling he'll put Medusa or Hades in this
What I hope is that a Kid Icarus Uprising HD would release for the Switch. I didn't get to play it for 3DS. As for Medusa or Hades coming to Smash your probably right, Viridi also has a good chance too I'd accept any of the three in a heart. But am I bad for saying that I want Phosphora most of all cause I like her scarf lighting style of fighting even though I heard she didn't play that big for a part in the story?

Last edited:

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990

View attachment 147408
Add a Square Enix rep. So Geno, Sora or Slime.

What I hope is that a Kid Icarus Uprising HD would release for the Switch. I didn't get to play it for 3DS. As for Medusa or Hades coming to Smash your probably right, Viridi also has a good chance too I'd accept any of the three in a heart. But am I bad for saying that I want Phosphora most of all cause I like her scarf lighting style of fighting even though I heard she didn't play that big for a part in the story?
I think they'll ditch custom moves and Sakurai will give Palutena's other custom moves to Medsusa or Viridi.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
I think they'll ditch custom moves and Sakurai will give Palutena's other custom moves to Medsusa or Viridi.
I didnt think about that but if the imgr leak is real that could be partially the reason for medusa, palutena has a lot of moves that could be lost if customization is cut and some other character doesnt step in who could potentially use those same/similar moves.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
I found leaked footage of King K. Rool's reveal just before he sees the Smash Ball

K_rool_plz.gif

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
If they have some extra time, then there might be a small (extra emphasis on small) chance of this happening. Seems a little unnecessary to create yet another separate KI rep just because Sakurai doesn't want to say goodbye to a few custom moves.

osby

Smash Obsessed
If they have some extra time, then there might be a small (extra emphasis on small) chance of this happening. Seems a little unnecessary to create yet another separate KI rep just because Sakurai doesn't want to say goodbye to a few custom moves.
I don't think this is a possibility worth considering, Sakurai never makes characters as moveset dumps. Like, where did all changed moves of Sheik and Pit gone?

Zeox

Smash Champion
I don't think this is a possibility worth considering, Sakurai never makes characters as moveset dumps.
This is were we always go wrong, we assume that since Sakurai never made something, it wouldn't happen, yet every smash he comes with surprises, we can't do that, because Sakurai is a box of surprises.
Only because he didn't do something doesn't mean he can't or will not do it.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
... Commander, there has been a protocol breach, permission to eradicate all witnesses?
Eradicate? I see your organization still hasn't upgraded to using the neuralyzer yet huh? You're so old fashioned.

Permission denied. At least until Tuesday
Good that gives your organization time to improve your tech :)

View attachment 147408
Lyn, oh you have Krystal already nice, well Shantae, Elma, Lycanroc, Amaterasu and, not sure for sixth slot so I'll say Gardevoir.

I think they'll ditch custom moves and Sakurai will give Palutena's other custom moves to Medsusa or Viridi
I wouldn't mind that, as long as Palutena gets some new specials, faster attacks, and a much better frame rate

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
This is were we always go wrong, we assume that since Sakurai never made something, it wouldn't happen, yet every smash he comes with surprises, we can't do that, because Sakurai is a box of surprises.
I mean, guy has principles, he doesn't do things just to be unpredictable. Smash is character driven to a fault so I can't see some moves pushing a character in.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
But Sakurai bias though

He would be cool but am I the only one who'd like a redesign. It doesn't have to be big as Pit but current one is a bit bland as a model.
It'll probably be the assist trophy design with a little more detail.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
At the very least, I doubt Sakurai would make a fourth KI character for the sake of keeping Palutena's specials. There's plenty of better ways he could spend development time on characters.

But Sakurai bias though
Sakurai has proven that he can show restraint when he needs to. I have a feeling he'll dial it down with the KI and FE content this time after so many complaints from the last game.

Last edited:

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
At the very least, I doubt Sakurai would make a fourth KI character for the sake of keeping Palutena's specials. There's plenty of better ways he could spend development time on characters.

Sakurai has proven that he can show restraint when he needs to. I have a feeling he'll dial it down with the KI and FE content this time after so many complaints from the last game.
Don't forget the bias to his own developed Kirby games.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
But Sakurai bias though
For KI and its characters?

Absolute bull****.

The original plan was to have Pit and Palutena.

Both had every reason to be there.

Dark Pit was only last minute clone that wasn't a part of the plan but was able to be squeezed in at the end.

No bias affected the KI characters in the roster.

I loathe the term "Sakurai bias." It ignores context and switches on a whim.

For Brawl, Sakurai was apparently biased towards Kirby and Star Fox.

Now its Kid Icarus and Fire Emblem.

Next game, it'll be whoever gets lucky. Who knows? Might be Splatoon and Animal Crossing for all we know.

Sakurai might be biased on certain things.

But it ain't the way people think it is.

Bah!

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
He still had every single Kirby stage be based on his Kirby games instead of Adventure Wii and Triple Deluxe.
And yet the original plan for Smash 4 had an Epic Yarn stage planned.

This was switched when Sakurai learned about Wooly World and didn't want to copy aesthetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom