• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

?????????????

Smash Master
Phew! This is the biggest video I've done since...well, EVER. And it's not even analysis; it's just my personal opinions!

...Well, there's a LITTLE analysis there too, I suppose.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Remember, if you see a new assist trophy, get photographic evidence.

"Rosalina in Brawl" my foot.

And on the topic of Elma
I think the most likely female contenders are Dixie, Elma, Isabelle, and Ashley. Impa, Celica, and Ribbon Girl have shots too, but those 4 probably have the better chances for female fighters.

That video seems really far-fetched though. Susie, Kumatora, and Lip? I can't really see that as super likely over characters like Pauline, Daisy, or especially Celica.
Maybe people should learn to listen better instead of interpreting what they want to hear.
I'm sorry, but the past few pages I've been really turned off by how rude and condescending you are being to people. It's a game, lighten up a little.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
Maybe people should learn to listen better instead of interpreting what they want to hear.
Perhaps you should calm down and stop assuming people don't understand things so you can try to look more knowledgeable. Speculation isn't a competition, and someone can have different interpretations of small specific things such as the difference between a clone and a semi-clone without needing you to come in and tell then they're an idiot. The community developed separate terms for clone and semi clone for a reason, and also your guarantee that Dixie is going to be a clone is highly off-putting. Not because she cant be a clone, but because we just don't know she'll be a clone, and there's plenty of room for her to be otherwise.

Super Flygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Master_Zach
3DS FC
1289-8257-7574
Switch FC
SW-5750-9817-6593
I wonder if they will keep the full Smash reveal for the end or the start of the Direct. It be kinda cool if they sprinkled a few reveals throughout the direct.
Some people have suggested that they do something similar to what they did with Super Mario Maker at E3 2015. In that presentation, before a game was getting shown off, you see Mario transform into an 8bit version of a character from that franchise (so before the Zelda games were shown off, you saw Mario transform into 8bit Link). In the upcoming presentation, people are suggesting doing the same thing, except it would obviously be for Smash Bros.

So, before showing off Fire Emblem Switch, we could see a bit of Marth in Smash Switch.

T-Hell

Smash Lord
Phew! This is the biggest video I've done since...well, EVER. And it's not even analysis; it's just my personal opinions!

Currently watching. Nice roster though, I'd replace Daisy with Paper Mario, but apart from that pretty neat!

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691

This is pretty solid! Though I can't see Dixie missing out on this upcoming Smash game (I may end up disappointing myself but I do see her as more likely than, say, Daisy or Waluigi). I'm also a huge Mimikyu fan too so I'd much rather see it than Decidueye. And the roster does seem a little too large.

But it's a really great roster, and it is based a lot in your personal opinions. This is my take just looking at the roster without listening to your analysis, so I'll be sure to listen to it after I finish some homework! :)

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
It's hard to understand for people because you are wording a lot of what you are trying to say poorly. From what I understand, you are saying that characters with similar models will share some animations and moves especially if they have similar abilities as it is easier on the devs. What people misunderstand from you is that they think you are saying she can ONLY be a clone because of her similarities to Diddy.

You also made a really bad point about comparing already existing clones to a character that isn't even in the game. You can't ask "why IS toon link a clone" and compare that to asking why someone thinks a nonexisting character WOULDN'T BE a clone. I think you have the whole idea of clones backward. I believe Sakurai has stated on his inclusion of Dark Pit and Lucina that they did not detract from development time from other characters and were added as bonus characters after the main roster had been finished. So in other words, Dark Pit DID NOT HAVE TO BE a clone if he were to be in Smash. They could have very well made him 100% original from Pit if they had wanted to. The reason they didn't was that he was not planned for the initial roster. In this case, people advocating for Dixie Kong believe she would be a high-priority character who would get unique development despite her similarities to Diddy.
@Opposum
TumblrFamous TumblrFamous
@Pikablu Pikachu
CyberHyperPhoenix CyberHyperPhoenix
CCD23 CCD23
MopedOfJustice MopedOfJustice
Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei
Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Here's the thing. I specifically said Dixie Kong WOULD be a clone. I never said she COULDN'T be an original character.

"And don't try to tell me Dixie Kong wouldn't be a clone/semi-clone, because that's just incorrect."

So if people can't decipher the difference between "wouldn't" and "couldn't" then the issue is not that I'm wording my arguments poorly. The issue is that people are interpreting the argument poorly. Because they hear something they don't wanna hear and then they get all excited to the point that they don't even really consider what's actually being said.

Instead of actually listening to what I was saying, people responded with "Where's your evidence Dixie Kong CAN'T be unique?!" when I never said she couldn't be.

If people can't actually listen to what I'm saying respond accordingly, then don't come to me and complain.
I'm sorry, but the past few pages I've been really turned off by how rude and condescending you are being to people. It's a game, lighten up a little.
Because it's incredibly disrespectful to criticize other people for positions they don't hold and things they didn't say. You've been turned off these past few pages? How frustrated do you think I am?

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Chunky Kong slams the ground and makes a rain of bananas, I swear!

Wait a moment, I just realized TheLastJinjo TheLastJinjo is SaturnGamer!
Holy crap, lol.

I thought you were banned forever, it's cool that you are back again.
I wonder if Louie G. is here too with a different name lol.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Guys, I think Gen 7 is kinda old news. We have a new interpretation of a classic game that's making the fanbase go nuts right now:

As such, I think there's a new Pokemon who would be perfect for Smash...

Last edited:

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.

Holy crap, lol.

Wait what.

Everything's starting to make sense.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Guys, I think Gen 7 is kinda old news. We have a new interpretation of a classic game that's making the fanbase go nuts right now:

As such, I think there's a new Pokemon who would be perfect for Smash...
I thought you were going to post

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Perhaps you should calm down and stop assuming people don't understand things so you can try to look more knowledgeable.
Perhaps you should stop telling other people how to act. I'm not assuming you don't understand what I'm saying. I demonstrated that to objectively be the case.

So don't tell people to calm down. You're talking down to me under the guise of being innocent. If you're going to put words in my mouth, don't then complain that I'm frustrated by it.
Speculation isn't a competition, and someone can have different interpretations of small specific things such as the difference between a clone and a semi-clone without needing you to come in and tell then they're an idiot.
I never called anyone an idiot. Once again, you are not listening to my words and again putting words in my mouth. Like I said, you hear something you don't like, and then jump to conclusions about the secret intent behind it.

You seem to think you can just get away with putting words in my mouth and then when I call you out on it, you can't handle it and criticize me for calling you names. Which only supports my criticism that you are putting words in my mouth.

The community developed separate terms for clone and semi clone for a reason, and also your guarantee that Dixie is going to be a clone is highly off-putting. Not because she cant be a clone, but because we just don't know she'll be a clone, and there's plenty of room for her to be otherwise.
Thank you for criticizing the idea that I actually put forward. That's all I'm asking.

Last edited:

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Because it's incredibly disrespectful to criticize other people for positions they don't hold and things they didn't say. You've been turned off these past few pages? How frustrated do you think I am?
Look, I am of the opinion that because Diddy and Dixie are of similar build, a lot of her moves could in fact be based off of Diddy. But she also has other tools to set her apart, primarily her hair. I personally believe that can be incorporated into her game in some capacity.

Regardless, there's no reason to get so bent out of shape because of people not understanding your logic and/or challenging it. You posted a bit back re-explaining your stance and a lot of people understood it better. But the condescension? It's unnecessarily hard-hitting, and way too much for debating which video game characters get into a game.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

Holy crap, lol.

Mother of god...

No wonder his approach to Smash arguments felt so familiar.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Look, I am of the opinion that because Diddy and Dixie are of similar build, a lot of her moves could in fact be based off of Diddy. But she also has other tools to set her apart, primarily her hair. I personally believe that can be incorporated into her game in some capacity.

Regardless, there's no reason to get so bent out of shape because of people not understanding your logic and/or challenging it. You posted a bit back re-explaining your stance and a lot of people understood it better. But the condescension? It's unnecessarily hard-hitting, and way too much for debating which video game characters get into a game.
The condescension is not coming from disagreements about Dixie Kong. It's coming from people putting words in my mouth. That's ALL. You can have whatever opinions you want. I don't care. Just don't falsely criticize me for opinions I don't hold and then demand I defend a position I never put forward.

And especially don't tell me how I should react to being lied about.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
EDIT: The good overlords have spoken.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
As of now, TheLastJinjo has temporarily been removed from this thread. Please continue on and don't reply to his posts for now, as he cannot answer.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
So, say five newcomers get announced at e3 not including inklings. Which ones are they?
Dark Matter, Togetic and Togepi, Jirachi, Bandana Dee, and Porky.

Why? Because I said so, that's why, I have no logical reasoning. :troll:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
So, say five newcomers get announced at e3 not including inklings. Which ones are they?
I'll cheat by using Veterant for a good reason.
Snake, Simon, Elma, Mimikyu, K.Rool

Why?
Just so we can have more baseless argument about the Riddler leak and have an infinite debacle until the next announcement.

I'm starting a leaks and rumors thread :p
Better hit me up fam.

Last edited:

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Not including Inklings?

Want:
  • Dixie
  • K. Rool
  • Captain Toad
  • Ashley
  • Sora

Prediction:
  • Ridley
  • Elma
  • Isabelle
  • Captain Toad
  • Simon
If the Vergeben leak is fake, I guess trade Simon for someone like Rayman or Banjo-Kazooie, and Ridley for K. Rool

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
I'm starting a leaks and rumors thread :p
my favorite part of the pre-smash season! but what if they just give us the full roster and stages and everything at E3!?

they never will but this is the hype level im at i should probably try and tone it down or be mildly disappointed haha

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Probably not the right place to say it but the "your content" search doesn't work. I can only get the last 9 or so results, even with specific terms

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Well, probably a third party. I'm guessing Rayman or Bomberman. Probably a sideball character nobody expects. And Ridley would take up the last three spots.

Last edited:

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
What would be really weird is if Sakurai tried to get Steve in Smash, and Microsoft insisted on somebody else instead....And we hear the Halo theme in a Smash reveal trailer instead, god that would be weird

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
What would be really weird is if Sakurai tried to get Steve in Smash, and Microsoft insisted on somebody else instead....And we hear the Halo theme in a Smash reveal trailer instead, god that would be weird
Microsoft would be actively ******** to not push their most selling licence of all time.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Semi-Realistically? Simon, Cap Toad, a BOTW Champion, K. Rool and a Pokemon Newcomer.

Slightly in line with my own interests but not TOO nutty? Simon, Geno or Sora, Rex & Pyra, Lyn and Ridley.

Also it's hilarious to see people get so worked up over Minecraft representation. I can't say I'd be all that stoked for Steve to be a fighter, but I think a Minecraft stage or Assist would be really neat.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom