• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
That E3 leak deconfirmed Smash for Switch!

Wrap it up, Sakurai's taking it all back.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
If Bayonetta got a second rep. No one but Jeanne makes even remote sense. She's the secondary main character and a playable option in all games so far. I'd wager that'll continue into part 3.

She's easy to make a semi clone as well that has similar A moves, but her B moves could be all the different weapons that Bayonetta doesn't use.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
I really hope Smash news doesn't leak before June 12th. I remember watching E3 back in 2013 and being surprised by Villager and Megaman getting announced.

Blue_Sword_Edge

Smash Lord
NNID
Blue_Sword_Edge
3DS FC
1633-5415-5386
Okay, here's one; if you HAD to give a second character to each third party character already existing in Smash Bros., who would you pick?

Sonic: Tails
Mega Man: Proto Man
Pac-Man: Blinky
Ryu: Chun-Li
Cloud: Tifa
Bayonetta: I literally do not know the series well enough. I own 1 and 2 and fully plan on playing them sometime, so I've avoided anything that could be a potential spoiler.
Sonic: Dr. Eggman
Mega Man: Zero (I don't care which one)
Pac-Man: Ms. Pac Man (I guess as a clone)
Street Fighter: Chun Li
Final Fantasy: Bartz (Too predictable coming from me)
Bayonetta: The spoiler whose name starts with B

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Topic: So for anyone doing prediction rosters, are you going to constantly change your predictions as more newcomer reveals come. Or will you be bold and keep your prediction roster as is from now until the entire roster has been revealed? I am thinking about going for the latter option and see how it goes from there.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Topic: So for anyone doing prediction rosters, are you going to constantly change your predictions as more newcomer reveals come. Or will you be bold and keep your prediction roster as is from now until the entire roster has been revealed? I am thinking about going for the latter option and see how it goes from there.
I don't have roster predictions. I unironically want Boshi in Smash. That tells you how much stock I hold in newcomer speculation

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Okay, here's one; if you HAD to give a second character to each third party character already existing in Smash Bros., who would you pick?

Bayonetta: I literally do not know the series well enough. I own 1 and 2 and fully plan on playing them sometime, so I've avoided anything that could be a potential spoiler.
:4sonic:-Amy Rose
:4megaman:-Proto Man, Roll, or Tron
:4pacman:- Ms.Pac-Man
:4ryu:-Chun-Li and have Ken/Akuma/Dan as alts
:4cloud:- Tifa and the red dog(?)...don’t know much
:4bayonetta2::4bayonetta:-a Jeanne alt and Rodin as a playable character

I think all the vets from 64, Melee and Brawl should be rerecorded tbh (minus like fox and falco who already have), a lot of them feel hella outdated, ZSS in particular, just don't give us the other m voice actress for the love of god. Ike feels really outdated too.

Also rerecord fox, apparently mike west just forgot how to voice him until Zero
His “fire” and Star KO scream harmed my ears

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
I probably will, right now the list of newcomers I have are the following.
Captain Toad
Ashley
Dixie Kong
Revali
Ridley
Wolf(Returning)
Bandana Dee
Galacta Knight(Secret Character)
Eevee
Buzzwole
Rex and Pyra
Isabelle
Labo-Man(Secret Character)
Inkling
Octoling(Secret Character)
Chorus Kids(Secret Character)
Isaac
Takamaru(Secret Character)
Geno
Simon Belmont

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I unironically have an easier time believing a random image leaks saying that Porky and Sora can dunk it which is would be a weird sight to see than ANY leaks mentioning Spyro as a playable.

Yeah, as you can guess. I totally don't see Spyro happening.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Also Rockstar announcing GTA6 before Red Dead 2 is even out. Lol.

Making versions for 360 and PS3. Double lol.

D

Deleted member

Make Captain Toad's jumping abilities one of the worst in the game, I think that already suffices
Toads normally have lower jumps to begin with.
The suggestion is to make Captain Toad's even lower than that.

You're literally asking for someone worse of a jumper than Little Mac.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Just throwing it out there. While we haven't gotten anything yet, if you don't want anything spoiled before E3 I would recommend you leave any sort of social media until E3. It's going to be tough to do, but that's the only way.

If other companies are setting up supplies, such as that one particular Ubisoft game that just got leaked, Smash is coming. There's going to be a station set up. It is inevitable. While that may not spoil content, it will probably spoil the name unless somebody grabs an early copy of promotional material and it has the newbies on it.

It's going to drop, and I would guess it will drop soon.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
For the fun of it here's another supposive leak

https://www.reddit.com/r/Kappa/comments/8nn7qa/lots_of_e3_information_and_leaks_here/

I figured out on my own that this one is fake

1. None of the games on the leaked image of games for the switch is not on there

2. You will notice on the GTA game it's mentions PS3 and 360 and both of those systems are phased out
"All 151 Kanto Pokemon will be unlockabke as Pokeball Pokémon, with the exception of those that are playable."

lol

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
For the fun of it here's another supposive leak

https://www.reddit.com/r/Kappa/comments/8nn7qa/lots_of_e3_information_and_leaks_here/

I figured out on my own that this one is fake

1. None of the games on the leaked image of games for the switch is not on there

2. You will notice on the GTA game it's mentions PS3 and 360 and both of those systems are phased out
Ridiculous "rumour". Rockstar won't announce a new GTA with RD2 yet to be released. That is illogical.

Do not get me started on programming all non-playable 151 Kanto Polemon as secret ITEMS of all things. That is absurd from a development point of view as well as a pointless marketing method to promote the toy.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I can't wait for the blurry side-angle fakes leaks for Smash to appears once we have in-game screenshot so people can mimic the artstyle
After all at this point those kinds of leaks are basically a smash signature

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Someone trying to upload Pikachu/Mewtwo/Jigglypuff/Charizard from their Pokeball controller.

Sakurai turns into that computer for 2001 Space Odyssey.

''Sorry, fraid I can't let you do that Tabitha. Yes, your Pikachu is adorable, Tabitha. Unfortunately. He's just not Pokeball material. Just because you try doesn't mean you succeed, white woman."

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I would say any leak that is “game footage” would be fake. Nintendo has held their cards to their chest...I wouldn’t think they’d let that slip very easily.

I MIGHT expect, again, some sort of lanyard or souvenir that might reveal a character or something. Or something that is similar to the GameStop leak. Anything that looks like in-game pictures or videos? Idk that I would believe that as of right now.

MrRoidley

Smash Ace

:4sonic: Eggman
:4megaman: Bass
:4pacman: Ms Pac-Man????
:4ryu: Blanka (gotta pay tribute to my homecountry)
:4cloud: Black Mage or Terra
:4bayonetta2: the B spoiler would be cool but since he's really spoiler (even though :4sheik: and :4lucina: exist lmao) I'd go with Rodin

Toads normally have lower jumps to begin with.
The suggestion is to make Captain Toad's even lower than that.

You're literally asking for someone worse of a jumper than Little Mac.
In theory considering how Captain Toad can't jump in the game he's in then, kinda????
Like of course if it will work gameplay-wise or not that's for the Smash team to evaluate and adapt, but giving Captain Toad jumping abilities that are anything but bad would be weird

Last edited:

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
I think the best leak we could get would be a picture of a standee/sign/demo booth that is actually set up in the venue. As Scoliosis said, video leaks will almost definitely be fake, those will likely not see the light of day pre-E3.

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
This is a nitpick of mine but it irks me when people use LEAK when the actual thing they're taking about is a RUMOR. They have completely different meanings.

Last edited:

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
May as well get in my own token roster prediction before E3, toxic K. Rool fan I am.

We start up with most of the SSB4 roster. This game has such a short production cycle it makes way too much sense to reuse as many assets as possible. The only characters who may or may not be cut are Mii and the true clones, aside from 3rd party licensing deals, but I don't think the 3rd parties are going anywhere. Miis are just a hassle to include in the game and are some of the most unpopular, what with them being disallowed from online and having being given such weirdly unique treatment in the game. Custom moves were so awkward that I think Sakurai will realize to not include them again, when he started with high effort ones like Palutena then just got bored of them by the end, not even bothering to add them for DLC characters. The three clones added in SSB4? They could come or go, I think Sakurai is aware of Dark Pit's backlash based off his attempts to justify him as a "dessert." Still, I'm overall going to go with just Miis being cut.

1: Inklings are already confirmed and are the most obvious addition regardless aside from Ice Climbers.

2: Ice Climbers obviously return when they were apparently even "working fine" on Wii U. They were only cut because of how weak the 3DS is.

3: Wolf returns also. Yes, Star Fox Zero was a flop, but it's still a relevant franchise and it has Miyamoto's favor for some reason. In addition, Wolf probably did fairly well on the ballot and is a much lauded cut. I personally found it very strange that Roy and Lucas came back over him.

4: K. Rool is the one person who seems to push against the arbitrary relevance rule. He's largely the only character we have some form of relevance for doing well in the ballot because of the costume showing up despite him being so irrelevant. As if they would've given him a costume without the ballot performance. You can argue for Geno as another one, but Sakurai has acknowledged Geno somehow in the past which makes me doubtful it was because of ballot performance, personally. I've also written him off because I really doubt his company would want him in over a Dragon Quest character or even a second Final Fantasy character. Aside from that, K. Rool himself may not be relevant, but his franchise is very relevant and needs a character, and he fills a gaping hole in terms of character archetypes in the roster.

5: Dixie Kong is still going to be there too, but without as much fanfare. She is relevant, and while it is very possible to argue Cranky Kong is just as if not more relevant, her longstanding popularity in the Smash community got her some inevitable points in the ballot. Nothing to compete with K. Rool, but enough to ensure that she gets in over the likes of Cranky and Funky. Funky's surge in particular is way too late to matter. Dixie will be a semi clone on par with Wolf with a handful of shared attacks, and will be one of the last characters added or DLC. That said, she will most definitely be there.

6: Rex and Pyra show up over Elma because of relevance. The only question is if they're too late, but at worst they get the Corrin treatment as DLC.

7: Captain Toad and Toad are the same character, at least as far as Nintendo is concerned. Captain Toad gets to enjoy Toad's long history and relevance, while Toad gets to use Captain Toad's main character/advertisement status. Obviously he can jump, what, do you think Mewtwo shouldn't be able to damage Greninja because he's a dark type? That Wario should be invincible? The only reason he'll be thrown out is if Sakurai deems he's too boring, as he's way bigger than the two Mario newcomers in SSB4 were at the time they were added.

8: Waluigi has been doing outstanding in popularity polls lately, regularly at the very top and competing with K. Rool and Ridley. People dismiss him as being a spin off character, so what? Mario Kart + Mario Party + Mario Sports is 183 million in sales! That's a big group of games that's not directly represented in Smash (More than basically any franchise other than mainline Mario or Pokemon), and Waluigi is the ideal one to do so. His backstory, and his canonical excuse for not being in the mainline games, is he trained his entire life during the mainline games to beat Luigi in Tennis. He's also basically the main character of Mario Tennis/Golf for the Gamecube because of the intros, and the Tennis one got remade on the Wii. I think Waluigi + Toad is a more powerful/prominent Mario duo than the one we got in SSB4, and Mario representation shows no signs of slowing down. Paper Mario is the only other Mario character I would seriously consider as having a chance, and the sales of his games are a small blip on the radar compared to the Waluigi games. The terrible critical reception of his recent games also means he's very unpopular.

9: Decidueye or Mimikyu will get in. The Pokemon Company would prefer Mimikyu since that's the one they've been most heavily pushing by a mile, but Decidueye would get in just because that's who they would deem as a fighter based off Pokken. I wouldn't say Pokken is enough to get Decidueye in over Mimikyu, but the real clincher for me is Sakurai's taste he's demonstrated before. Sakurai saw a generic concept art of the gen 6 starters and chose to add Greninja based off that. That just says volumes about Sakurai's taste to me, and as a Mimikyu fan I'm worried that may well be enough to pick Decidueye over Mimikyu. Decidueye also obviously completes the water/fire/grass trio with Greninja and Charizard. I will give the edge to Decidueye, but I'm not going to rule Mimikyu out, say a 60/40 split for Decidueye. While they are very competitive, I don't think there is enough push for both to get in. Lycanroc's advertising campaign doesn't compare to Mimikyu's and it doesn't have the popularity of the big two either, being a distant third. Incineroar might've had a chance, but he is competing a lot more directly with Decidueye as a fellow starter and was basically killed off by not being in Pokken.

10: Spring Man is another obvious choice. The issue is, again, if his game is too late for the design document, but he's here as DLC at worst.

11: Isabelle gets in over Tom Nook due to popularity and being picked to be in Mario Kart over him. Tom Nook has longevity, so he could get in as a long shot or maybe as a clone or something, but I doubt Sakurai would be ballsy enough to give this franchise two newcomers. For those who don't believe this franchise can get more characters due to its nature, SSB4 added Wii Fit Trainer and Miis. How much more casual can you get than that? Sakurai can force another moveset filled to the brim with props. Sakurai doesn't care about sets being tacky anymore when he does stuff like Duck Hunt Dog. Animal Crossing is very successful and does have actual characters to add from it, the only real object is fighting.

12: Pig Ganon finally gets in as our new Zelda character. Ganon is always relevant, he's only never been seriously considered before because of episodic Zelda characters standing in his way. The latest Zelda title has nothing to offer for episodic characters, though, with the best character of them being Revali which isn't nearly good enough. Tingle's train of relevance has come and gone, and Ghirahim wasn't even particularly popular even when he was relevant. Pig Ganon is the answer to Sakurai's obsession with not changing Ganondorf to give him another unique set. Sakurai saw fit to rework Bowser and Pit over Ganondorf in SSB4, showing just how stuck he is with the Captain Falcon clone set on Ganondorf. It makes way more sense for there to be 2 Ganons than 2 Zeldas when Zelda was only Sheik for all of 5 minutes in OOT.

13-15: 3 more 3rd parties will get in, and 1 or 2 of them will be DLC. There are too many fish in the 3rd party sea to really guess them with any accuracy. Sakurai won't be picky with them. The biggest question marks to look out for are Rayman, Crash Bandicoot, and Heihachi. Crash Bandicoot would 100% be DLC because only then would N. Sane Trilogy being on Switch get acknowledged, while Heihachi would reward Namco's loyalty in helping to develop the games. Rayman of course has that weird trophy in SSB4 and Ubisoft have been working very closely with Nintendo. Still, there are way too many possibilities here, I'm not going to commit to saying any particular 3rd parties are getting in.

Metroid still does not get anything, unfortunately. When Sakurai has said what he has about Ridley publicly, I see very little changing his mind until proven otherwise, so I am putting minimal value in all of these leaks that are suggesting him. K. Rool is big enough to be the Ridley figure for this game, if you ask me. In particular, the one obscure "heroes vs villains" leak is blatantly just impossible for tons of reasons, but if Sakurai thought Ridley was remotely hard, do you think he would be willing to make a moveset for a character model as awkward as Porky? I heavily doubt it. I disagree with Sakurai's sentiments on the issue and would love Porky and Ridley, but I'm not Sakurai.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Also? Matt and Trey would totally have a more creative name for a new South Park game than ''PC is for Pirate Cream."

SonicMario

Smash Master
If there is a big focus on DK with at least 2 additional characters, I'd love it if this game's codec's was "Cranky's tips". Where Cranky just goes savage on about every character in the game. Even if that meant the codecs weren't exactly voice acted but instead different monkey/ape grunts. But hey, if this game is going to have even more characters then Smash 4 did, might be a way to have codecs without the time spent on recording all those voice lines. And maybe even easier to actually provide commentary for DLC characters instead of the blanket statement they had.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
• Angel Grove, a new open-world Power Rangers game will be announced for PS4 and Switch.

I want this sooooooo much. ...Though I'd rather it be partially MMO with the ability to create your own rangers/monsters. Or possibly just have a Ranger as a potential upgrade. As Monsters can become them too normally anyway. It's just a tarnsformation thing, not a "human" thing, as proven within the dub's canon. Even robots can tap into the Morphing Grid.

--------------

That said, yeah, I doubt we'll get 360/PS3 games announced, which makes me call fake as is. Sad too, since that list had some nice ideas.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Dude. An open world Power Rangers MMO where Zordon calls on you as a Power Ranger or Rita and Zedd call on you as a monster in their army?

God. My heart. The games.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Also, y'all need a briefing on Pac-Man's villains.

I honestly wish they kept Spooky as the main antagonist of the franchise.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Also, y'all need a briefing on Pac-Man's villains.

I honestly wish they kept Spooky as the main antagonist of the franchise.
But what about the other great villains in Pac Man's library, like the generic witch and General Betrayus?!?

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Hey there! yes, you! do you like super nintendo music? do you like super nintendos? do you have super nintendos inside your fridge? are you really a nintendo fan? cause a Castlevania tune on the SNES is coming right atcha!

Although in a little torn as for which tune showcase. So far i didnt wanted to put the obvious songs... but i like Simon's theme too much, and is Simon Belmont we are talking about. on the other hand, how many people have heard little gems like "clockwork mansion"?

maybe just cause we are talking Simon i will do an exception and post 2 tunes... just for today!

The first is the theme of the titular Vampire Hunter. while he is usually associated with "Vampire Killer" or "Bloody Tears" this theme is what truly ilustrates Simon

and the second one, the stage 3 BGM, Limestone caves/ The waterfalls / Sunken City. this is actually 3 pieces that are changing as the stages advances. Unlike the other one, this isnt as blood pupmping, but rather ambiental, starting with a misterious rythmical watery tune, then changing to a more onimous and deep tune as Simon slowly ascends trough the waterfalls, only to go full impro jazz night while he reach the ruins of the ancient city at the top of the waterfalls.

This tune is interesting particulary cause it doesn't sound too similar to other castlevania tunes, but rather have a very distinct SNES era rpg feel. plus the way the stage and the music constantly evolve really left some good impresions on the brave players who dared Dracula's Castle.

Another tune, and another day less for the e3... to think that im running short of days to present all those cool castlevania games DX

Darkraid

Smash Champion
Going by the supposed leaks, it's no wonder we still haven't been shown Smash's full title.

Get ready for Super Smash Bros. Fortnite.
Smash Bros Battle Royale

Cuz battle royale is all the rage these days.

FighterZ is day one by for me since I sold my PS4.

Not even a DBZ fan but I play the heck outta this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom