• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ToddCam

Smash Journeyman
My favorite of the Champions is far and away Urbosa, but if I had to choose one for a playable role in Smash, I would pick Daruk. He was kind of the generic Goron, but I think the Gorons as a race are the most prominent and interesting. Personally, they are one of my favorite fictional species. I would prefer Darunia as a Goron rep, though. This is not to say the other species aren't important. But if we were to get a Zora, I'd prefer Sidon, and a Rito, I'd prefer Medli.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Is it bad if I totally see the Champions either as AT, or as background characters for a BoTW moving stages but not as playable characters?

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
I know we shouldn't talk about the leaks.
But courtesy from 4chan's Anon who did a compilation of all of the "leaks" around and that weren't debunked/piggybacking each others-

Interesting. Didn't known about a THIRD version of the RiddlerIMGUR leak saying that Dr.Mario/Lucina/Dark Pit would be cut-
Also don't mind the Relax Alax thingy- it was made before he admitted messing around
This is interesting to look at. Honestly the imgur piggyback sounds unlikely, trust Vergeben more about the no cuts and calling it a Pikachu looking Pokemon is weird and vauge...

Also did Relax Alax actually come out about it??? I haven't seen that.

Thanks!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Majora's Mask got a remake in 2015 and Twilight Princess got one in 2016. Given the development of Smash Switch started in 2016, this is something to keep in mind.
In that case, I'd love Twili Midna and Skull Kid.

But we might just get Young Link back, and I wouldn't even be opposed to that.

Honestly... What if the Zelda situation got so dire and Sakurai really didn't know who to add anymore with all the requests for "Zelda newcomer" or "Zelda rep" (think "DK rep") that he'd just add Young Link and Toon Zelda as new characters and call it a day?

This is why am 10000% NOT picky when it comes to Impa, because I'd take a downright clone Impa over nothing honestly. Or at least, over Toon Zelda (Sheik is already there as Zelda 2). Clone Impa and clone Young Link in a weird way would already satisfy me honestly.

And yes, Young Link can easily be a clone and still represent Majora's Mask. The Final Smash as Fierce Deity Link could already work similar enough to the Triforce Slash anyway.

Ideal situation: Slight moveset overhauls for Zelda, Ganondorf, Toon Link and Sheik, new revamped Specials for Link (plus Final Smash maybe). Toon Link, Ganondorf and Sheik based on Hyrule Warriors, Link and Zelda based on BotW. And then Impa getting in as a full representation of Hyrule Warriors with either Naginata of Giant Blade.

But honestly.. I'd settle with Impa getting a few moves from Sheik. She could be based far more on Melee Sheik for example. Think the old Melee F Air for example, just forget about the Chain please.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
But courtesy from 4chan's Anon who did a compilation of all of the "leaks" around and that weren't debunked/piggybacking each others-

Interesting. Didn't known about a THIRD version of the RiddlerIMGUR leak saying that Dr.Mario/Lucina/Dark Pit would be cut-
Also don't mind the Relax Alax thingy- it was made before he admitted messing around
That :4drmario::4lucina::4darkpit: rumor definitely needs to be fake, and Medusa...:4pit::4palutena:...I want and need her or Viridi

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord

If this is indeed the roster I would be so hyped. It looks so complete.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Regarding the "Smash Bros on NES" post a few pages back:

This would have been incredibly different than today, obviously. However, I don't know if being a platform game would be possible. It probably would've ended up being either a TNMT style "Brawler" (aka moving back and forth in 3d space) or a standard fighter, where you try to knock each other out of frame. Shielding would probably not allow any kind of rolling, so you'd just be stuck stationary. The characters would be:
Mario, Luigi, Mega Man (He was in a different situation back on the NES), Link, Kirby (Assuming the game was created late in the NES' life)

SNES version would probably be the same basic game, with characters like Yoshi and Samus added.

StrangeMann

Smash Ace

The Vergeben leak, in my opinion, is the most likely to be correct of any smash leak thus far.
That being said, I feel like all of these other leaks are piggybacking off of that leak and are likely incorrect. I definitely feel like from statements by mods on ResetEra and Gamefaqs that Vergeben's leak is pretty likely to be the truth, but we'll have to wait to see for sure. I don't want Ridley supporters to have their expectations raised again only for them to be crushed like last time.

ErenJager

Smash Champion

Why are we still talking about the imgur leak?
What makes it any more credible then the daily text leaks on 4chan?
Literally anyone on this site could have made that?
Is it because it has the characters people want?
I don't get it, it keeps getting brought up like its credible, am I missing something?

Some random person posting imgs on imgur saying it's the roster sounds pretty fake to me.

Zeox

Smash Champion

Beautiful compilation, I'm 99% sure the imgur leak is fake, but we can't deconfirm it until the first characters are revealed.
Hope is not fake, but just time will answer that.

Edgelord_197

Smash Cadet

Wait. When did Maximillian confirm MVCI leak?

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
I would deffinitelly be sad if the clones are cut but it wouldn't bother me a quarter of what the cut of Icies, Lucas, Wolf, Ivysaur, Squirtle and Snake bothered me in the past.

Zeox

Smash Champion
I don't get it, it keeps getting brought up like its credible, am I missing something?

Some random person posting imgs on imgur saying it's the roster sounds pretty fake to me.
Because we have nothing better to talk about and we can't forget a fake leak until is proven fake.
We know is fake but we cannot prove it, that's why is still here.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
If this is indeed the roster I would be so hyped. It looks so complete.
It does. Which is why it's going to be fake-
It's a weirdly surprising but complete roster who doesn't use "obvious choice" that people see.
So something that would be likely of Sakurai- but it's probably 75% fake. And even if there Ridley/Simon/Ice Climbers announced at E3 it still doesn't confirm it since that leak was made after Vergeben's statement.

1) Harmless speculation two weeks before E3 also it got posted on Reddit then 4chan on three different "Anon" or maybe just the same person faking ****. No one said it was real, just that it change from the Arms/Decidueye/Rex Pyra daily leaks from 4chan

2) It's one of the only leaks to not use Obvious choice that everyone expect. Rex/Pyra/Decidueye/Zelda Newcomers/Bandana Dee and one of the rare who didn't and doesn't contradict Vergeben's one there while taking an interesting approach

At the end of the day, I would rather discuss the Letter P and this Leak than more Pyra/Daisy discussion which are probably the worst in this thread

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
The Vergeben leak, in my opinion, is the most likely to be correct of any smash leak thus far.
That being said, I feel like all of these other leaks are piggybacking off of that leak and are likely incorrect. I definitely feel like from statements by mods on ResetEra and Gamefaqs that Vergeben's leak is pretty likely to be the truth, but we'll have to wait to see for sure. I don't want Ridley supporters to have their expectations raised again only for them to be crushed like last time.
However unlike last time we actually have something credible backing Ridley, opposed to just shadows and theories. This was brought up in the Ridley thread, but what gets me so excited this time for Ridley is that all the big rumors and leaks from Smash 4 always left out Ridley (because duh) but now we get to be apart of the excitement. I really hope his source is right, but it's also a lot of fun to have your most wanted newcomer discussed in the most credible rumor we currently have.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Because we have nothing better to talk about and we can't forget a fake leak until is proven fake.
We know is fake but we cannot prove it, that's why is still here.
Okay then get every other leak on 4chan on this list, because they cant be disproven. xD

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303

As with all leaks, I assume false until substantial evidence begins to show. Still though, there's some interesting characters being teased nonetheless.
No Cuts - Not too big a fan of this, although I wouldn't be surprised if it happened.

Clone Trio Cut - Good.

Simon Belmont - Not a fan of adding more 3rd Parties to the roster, but Simon would be cool to see admittedly.

Ridley - Every Smash game, the height differences between characters has grown, and Ridley was shrunk and given actual attacks from Brawl to Smash Wii U. If they height differences grow a bit more, and Ridley shrinks a bit more, I think he has a solid chance. It's evident that Sakurai knows he's a popular request, and he's probably the 1st Party character that'd make the largest impact.

Ice Climbers - Deserve to return, although I'm curious on how well the Switch can handle 8-Player Smash with Ice Climbers.

Elma - Likely candidate, and would be interesting to see.

King K. Rool - Would be nice to see the DK series get some more characters, and he has great moveset potential.

Sora - Not a fan of adding more 3rd Parties to the roster.

Medusa - Not a fan of the idea, but better than Hades or Dark Pit, though I'd prefer Viridi.

Mimikyu - I'd be pretty disappointed if this is the Gen VII Pokemon Sakurai goes with. I'd much prefer Decidueye, Lycanroc, or Tapu Koko.

Chorus Kids - Based on the Gematsu leak from the Smash 4 days, I think that they have a good chance at making it in. Once again, curious on how well 8-Player Smash can handle them, though.

Mallow & Geno - Not a fan of adding more 3rd Parties to the roster, though I'd be a bit more okay with them since they're from the Mario series. Geno is neat I suppose, but not a fan of Mallow.

Porky - An odd choice for a Earthbound character, and I've no idea how well it'd work. I'd prefer Masked Man or Giygas, but at the same time, I'm more than fine with just Ness and Lucas.

Snake - Well, my desire to see Snake return has diminished greatly over time, but I wouldn't hate to see him return. Even though I'm not a fan of adding more 3rd Parties to the roster.

Takamaru - Probably the most likely retro character to make it in, and it's evident that Sakurai cares about him.

Dixie Kong - Great moveset potential, I just hope that isn't wasted by making him a Diddy clone/semi-clone.

Wolf - Yes!

Samurai Goroh - Well, he's been an Assist Trophy for two games now, which is better than Black Shadow. Not really interested in the character, to be honest, though.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Okay then get every other leak on 4chan on this list, because they cant be disproven. xD
Well yes. What make it more popular is that unlike other 4chan leak, is that the imgur Link was hidden in a Reddit post. And it even got the attention from the Sourcegaming guys on the same video where they talk about other "leak" like Emily Roger/Vergeben and the Namco employee saying they work on the game.

It's also the only 4chan leaks not contradict Vergeben so far

It's probably fake. But unlike the other 4chan leaks it doesn't sounds ridiculous or tame enought

Last edited:

ErenJager

Smash Champion
It does. Which is why it's going to be fake-
It's a weirdly surprising but complete roster who doesn't use "obvious choice" that people see.
So something that would be likely of Sakurai- but it's probably 75% fake. And even if there Ridley/Simon/Ice Climbers announced at E3 it still doesn't confirm it since that leak was made after Vergeben's statement.

1) Harmless speculation two weeks before E3 also it got posted on Reddit then 4chan on three different "Anon" or maybe just the same person faking ****. No one said it was real, just that it change from the Arms/Decidueye/Rex Pyra daily leaks from 4chan

2) It's one of the only leaks to not use Obvious choice that everyone expect. Rex/Pyra/Decidueye/Zelda Newcomers/Bandana Dee and one of the rare who didn't and doesn't contradict Vergeben's one there while taking an interesting approach

At the end of the day, I would rather discuss the Letter P and this Leak than more Pyra/Daisy discussion which are probably the worst in this thread
I understand the point of discussing the Vergeben and RelaxAlax leaks because there's something else behind it then just a text or image leak...

But the imgur leak and every other leak... is literally the exact same as a list of characters posted on 4chan, just done with images...
No source, no story, no nothing.
Why are we feeding the trolls?

I get it's speculation, but when there's 100's of leaks just like it, and it's the only one being discussed out of literally 100's, it tells me people actually believe it. Which is up to the individual, but there was a time this was frowned upon around these parts.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I really want them to change Ganondorf.

I don't care if the way he's been fighting is "a staple of Smash Bros." I just want a Zelda villain that actually fights like a Zelda villain.
Hyrule Warriors also offers a option. And no, it isn't quite a weapon even though the Great Blades and Trident would be awesome to have.

For some attacks in Hyrule Warriors, Ganondorf infuses his arm with dark magic to increase his power in punching moves, creating a sort of giant claw that slashes enemies.

Best pic I could find ^

It's very possible I think to recreate Ganondorf into something more fitting while keeping his raw power fist-based playstyle. It's not the fists attacks that aren't fitting, it's the awkward looking kicks outside of Forward Tilt that are really a problem. He isn't as athletic in his TP appearance as Captain Falcon, so while it worked for Melee / OOT Ganondorf... it really didn't for TP / Brawl / Smash 4 Ganondorf.

Zeox

Smash Champion
Porky - An odd choice for a Earthbound character, and I've no idea how well it'd work. I'd prefer Masked Man or Giygas, but at the same time, I'm more than fine with just Ness and Lucas.
Well he is a villain for both Ness and Lucas and the only character that meet both of them, the Spider Mech from the end of earthbound can give a lot of play + could actually summon Giygas for his final smash (he also could summon his own Statue).
Giygas would also be cool but only Ness knows him and only in his red weird thing form, and for the Masked Man... I don't think if I could bring myself to fight him again after Mother 3 ending...

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Yeah, discussing leaks is way more interesting than the normal discussions that happen in this thread.

I've not seen a single leak with Bandana Dee in it, sadly.

That's why I think all of them are fake!

:yeahboi:

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
I really don't understand the logic behind "everyone is coming back except Dark Pit, Lucina and Dr. Mario" literally what would be the point if everyone else is coming back as well. I really don't buy that lmao

P.Kat

Smash Champion
a trident

she also has healing magic and we can assume general water magic abilities

The Zora's have actually been around longer than the gorons tho, they were enemies in the first game as well as many others
*sigh* :) As if the list of characters I want isn't big enough already might as well add her to my signature too.

Zeox

Smash Champion
I really don't understand the logic behind "everyone is coming back except Dark Pit, Lucina and Dr. Mario" literally what would be the point if everyone else is coming back as well. I really don't buy that lmao
Maybe they become alt. palletes of Pit, Marth and Mario? just like how the wiifit trainer had a female and male version.
I dunno, it sounds dumb to me too.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Well yes. What make it more popular is that unlike other 4chan leak, is that the imgur Link was hidden in a Reddit post. And it even got the attention from the Sourcegaming guys on the same video where they talk about other "leak" like Emily Roger/Vergeben and the Namco employee saying they work on the game.

It's also the only 4chan leaks not contradict Vergeben so far

It's probably fake. But unlike the other 4chan leaks it doesn't sounds ridiculous or tame enought
You think it's the only 4chan leak not contradicting Vergeben so far?

It's not the only 4chan leak that doesn't contradict Vergeben.... 100's of these are posted.
It's very easy not to, no cuts plus 3 new character he mentioned.

"It doesn't sound ridiculous or tame", although subjective, I get it, but like... 100's of leaks on 4chan just like this.

E3 needs to come faster, a lot of the users here are clearly in withdrawal for information and are resorting for crack information to stay hype.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
*shrugs* Maybe they weren't planned for Smash Switch? I mean Pichu and Young Link weren't planned for Brawl so it's not that farfetched. Not that I believe in this fake rumour but this argument of "it's fake because of cut character Y" usually doesn't work since none of these guys are shoo-ins.

Last edited:

T-Donor66

Purple Prizes
NNID
T-Donor66
3DS FC
3050-7765-3759
I wonder if Emily Rogers getting the Pokémon Let’s Go leak completely right gives her Smash comments anymore credit. Thoughts?

?????????????

Smash Master
*shrugs* Maybe they weren't planned for Smash Switch? I mean Pichu and Young Link weren't planned for Brawl so it's not that farfetched.
The thing is, I feel like those characters have other merits.

Dr. Mario is now officially a recurring veteran.

Lucina is a very well-liked Fire Emblem character in general.

Dark Pit...uh...

...has a cool victory theme.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I mean...
What would be the point of having Roy, Pichu, Dr.Mario, Young Link cut?
Or Wolf and Lucas being Cut?
Clones seems to be low priority, maybe a "Sonic case" could happen for smash switch were a character joined after the roster was decided and they had to cut clones?

It's not the only 4chan leak that doesn't contradict Vergeben.... 100's of these are posted.

"It doesn't sound ridiculous or tame", although subjective, I get it, but like... 100's of leaks on 4chan just like this.

E3 needs to come faster, a lot of the users here are clearly in withdrawal for information and are resorting for crack information to stay hype.
That I unfortunately agree with you- but let's say it was the first one gaining attention for whatever reason?
Honestly me it's just that discussing leaks are more fun than normal circle discussion we had for 1200 pages. Beside it's the pre-E3 the best and likely last time we can talk about them before they all get deconfirmed-

Last edited:

Zeox

Smash Champion

We are talking about that leak because is a fun one, because we are bored of talking over and over about fire emblem and pokemon, if you have other fake leaks to share go ahead and we talk about them too.
Because REALLY, the only reason I talk about it is because boredom and I would talk about any leak, the more characters they say the more is to talk.

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
I wonder if Emily Rogers getting the Pokémon Let’s Go leak completely right gives her Smash comments anymore credit. Thoughts?
If she indeed knows stuff and does not want to share on her blog, she may have leaked it anonymously somewhere. Or will do it.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
The thing is, I feel like those characters have other merits.

Dr. Mario is now officially a recurring veteran.

Lucina is a very well-liked Fire Emblem character in general.

Dark Pit...uh...

...has a cool victory theme.
:4darkpit: would look weird wielding the one weapon he’s never used in Uprising, is edgy, has a cool victory theme, is the Ken to :4pit:‘s :4ryu:, and gives Viridi something to do other than talk to :4pit::4palutena:
Agreed. Also, He is a really popular Kid Icarus character. He was more popular than Palutena, actually, like how Ganondorf was more popular than Zelda back in Melee.
it does help when your equals to your original counterpart...and edgy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom