• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

92MilesPrower

Smash Ace
Say guys, let's do a little fun thing. Say the Smashers live in a mansion. What personalities would you think they'd have, how they'd act overall and how they'd interact with others? Here are some examples from me.

Mario: A friendly guy who has a bit of an ego, and can seek attention sometimes, but has a good heart, nonetheless. He is often the voice of reason of the group, and has his usual bravery and is not afraid to help others if they are getting bullied. He also has a strong spirit.

Kirby: Unlike in Right Back At Ya, Kirby can actually speak. Kirby is fun loving and has a good nature, and is a bit childish and can get into trouble unintentionally in some way. Still, he is good at interacting with others and likes being called cute. However, he gets angry when others try to take his food from him. Before Smash Bros 4, Kirby kept sneaking into the kitchen to eat food, sometimes getting caught. Now, Kirby is constantly fighting another hungry Smasher, Pac-Man, over the food.

Sonic: While cocky and a bit arrogant, and carefree, Sonic is actually friendly for the most part. He loves having fun and partying, and often taunts his foes when he gets a chance. Sonic is also one to not easily back down unless he has to. He is normally exercising in his free time, mostly by running. Because of his cockiness, Sonic is rivals with fellow Smasher, Falco.

Mega Man: A weapons expect of the Smashers, Mega Man is someone who has a strong sense of justice, which is why he isis quick to help out those being harmed or bullied. Mega Man has a strong sense of right and wrong, but his lines about justice are often cliche, and they tend to bore his fellow Smashers.

Rover and Quackers (the Duck Hunt dog and duck, respectively): These two are the trolls of the Smash Bros group. They just love to pull pranks on others and laugh about it, or just laugh when another Smasher fails at doing something. They are always prepared when the others angrily come at them, and even when they to get them, they get back at the other Smasher the very next second. The other Smashers are annoyed at them for this.

Mewtwo: A rather unfriendly fellow, Mewtwo is rather arrogant, and does not get along with the others so well. In spite of this, he is usually in charge of most activities the Smashers take part in, such as parties or vacations. Mewtwo is quite intelligent as well, being a psychic Pokemon and all. Because he was replaced by him in Brawl, Mewtwo and Lucario have a rather bitter rivalry.

Pac-Man: An optimistic, happy go lucky kind of guy who is always friendly and cheerful, though he does not act that way around the bad guys in the Smasher crew. It can be hard to make him angry. Aside from liking to play Namco games, Pac-Man also has a huge appetite, and can get hungry easily. That said, Pac-Man is often fighting with Kirby over the food whenever the two try to sneak in the kitchen and catch a snack.

Wii Fit Trainer: An expert in nutrition and exercise, Wii Fit Trainer is always making suggestions to others on eating healthy things and getting the right kind of exercise. She does not like it when others eat unhealthy foods, such as Sonic eating chili dogs and Mario eating pasta. She is usually exercising, sometimes with other people in the mansion.

King K. Rool: K. Rool is the psycotic cruel member of the Smash Bros group who loves to play mind games with others when he can. He loves to taste others, but not bite parts of their bodies off, in battle. He prefers to be treated like royalty, much like King Dedede, and loves to set up traps for others, especially Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong.

Ridley: Ridley is the violent, evilish member of the group, who is brutal outside and in of battle. Because of this, the others tend to stay away from him, aside from Samus, who is always willing to deal with Ridley for obvious reasons. Ridley talks like a movie serial killer and loves to scare the other Smashers.

Ice Climbers: The lovely couple of the group, always seen together and spending time with each other. They do attack others when one of them is being bullied for whatever reason by other Smashers. Some of the Smashers think they are cute as a couple. As retro characters, they are rivals with Rover and Quackers, the Duck Hunt duo.

Daisy: Daisy is the tomboy of the Smash Bros group. She loves to play sports due to having been in many Mario sports games. She is also great friends with Rosalina, Peach, and to an extent, Zelda (which kind of annoys Peach, since she and Zelda are rivals). She will always attack others who try to ruin flowers, especially those in her garden.

Captain Falcon: The self proclaimed Chuck Norris and manly person of the group, though the ladies of Smash kinda don't like him. He brags about his manliness and loves to do public service announcements out of the blue. Once the fastest of the Smashers, he still loves to race, andtends to attack Sonic whenever he gets the chance, since Sonic is faster than him.
Having been a fan of Awkward Zombie for years, this has always been my headcanon for Roy:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Well that's the thing.

If you post too much about something and people will get used to it and sort of filter it out as it becomes "white noise" to them.
Also, there's just the fact that some people don't have a taste for a certain character and won't ever change their mind about that and there's simply nothing you could do ( and this is coming from a guy who's been trying to get his friends to try out weird niche RPGs forever now)

That said though, I did learn a thing or two about Yoshi that I'd never known about before.
And there's nothing I can do to stop. I get way too depressed if I'm not thinking about him...

Alsyght

Smash Journeyman
I sure hope so. They said something was supposed to come out today and guess what? IT DID NOT.

This is why I don’t look at “theories” and “leaks” from this fandom smh

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
And there's nothing I can do to stop. I get way too depressed if I'm not thinking about him...
I'm gonna be honest.

That doesn't seem healthy dude.

I mean, there's nothing wrong with liking Yoshi. I love him myself.

But... you should be able to go on with your life without thinking about him sometimes.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Just gonna say that I'm fairly certain that the water effects on that Geno picture make it based on the Wii U Version of the stage. The Ultimate version does not have as profound brightness when the water meets the horizon.
Does the Wii U version's brightness change depending on the side of the stage the player is on? It seems to be that way from what I've seen in the Geno thread, so maybe it's like that on the Ultimate version. We're only able to see one part of the Ultimate version's horizon from the images available, too.

edit: Plus, the Wii U version's horizon and brightness stuff in the background is inconsistent, so it very well may be in Ultimate.

Last edited:

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
I keep thinking that its possible that Springman made the base roster.
Maybe. Sakurai didn’t even want to include Inklings in DLC for 4 because he thought it was too soon. Maybe if Sakurai got some early info and Nintendo wanted to push the new IP in Smash

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
And there's nothing wrong with that. Obsession is good, if we're putting it to something positive. We're all passionate fans, in one way or another, to even be chatting on a message board, especially at a time when there's been little to no information for about a month. :p

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
And there's nothing wrong with that. Obsession is good, if we're putting it to something positive. We're all passionate fans, in one way or another, to even be chatting on a message board, especially at a time when there's been little to no information for about a month. :p
Yeah, I always try to make sure that it's positive

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Here are more of those "headcanons" of mine.

Link: This guy has literally no sense of humor. He is all too serious. He rarely laughs at jokes and can easily declare some jokes as bad humor, even when they are not. Still, Link is a friendly, brave soul with a fierce fighting spirit, and has a good sense of right and wrong. He will also break up arguments from time to time.

Kirby: Unlike in Right Back At Ya, Kirby can actually speak. Kirby is fun loving and has a good nature, and is a bit childish and can get into trouble uninteltionally in some way. Still, he is good at interacting with others and likes being called cute. However, he gets angry when others try to take his food from him. Before Smash Bros 4, Kirby kept sneaking into the kitchen to eat food, sometimes getting caught. Now, Kirby is constantly fighting another hungry Smasher, Pac-Man, over the food.

Pikachu: Adorable in every way, Pikachu loves spending time outdoors, and he loves certain kinds of food. He is cuddly and usually happy, and he likes being around the female Smashers. However, those who make Pikachu mad are in for the shock of a lifetime! Out of all Smashers, Pikachu has a bond with Samus, who saved him during the events of the Subspace Emissary in Brawl.

Fox: As a Smasher, Fox kind of acts like a cop, and even loves detective action movies. He has a good sense of law and rules, and is never afraid to fight anyone, whoever the fighter may be. He does get along well with his fellow Smashers, and is good friends with his Star Fox teamate, Falco. Fox is also something of a tough guy.

King Dedede: A big, jolly, yet kinda greedy member of the Smash Bros. Group,, King Dedede always wants others to treat him like a king or of royalty. He can be seen eating or talking to Meta Knight, but most of all, he is usually seen chasing after Kirby and trying to hit him with his hammer. He will pound others with his hammer if they disrespect or insult him.

Ryu: A discliplined warrior, Ryu is only interested in battling others for the sake of improving his own abilities, and usually isolates himself from others. But he is capable of interacting with the others, and even teaches them some lessons about fighting well. He has quite a bit of respect for Little Mac and Lucario.

Cloud: A nice guy of the Smash Bros group, but with issues. He can lash out at others or even attack them if they pick on him or insult his past. He does not like talking about his nemesis, Sephrioth, but he can care for others when he wants to, and is normally not a bad sport when he loses unless he suspects someone cheated against him.

Bayonetta: The magical witch of the group, who is quite playful and teasing (in a not so harmful way) towards others. She is usually seen in the library looking up books, especially books that have to do with magic. She loves to taunt and scare Pit and Dark Pit, who usually try to avoid her and even panic when she gets too close to them.

Rosalina and Luma: The mother-children members of the group, Rosalina is very nice to others in the Smash Bros. Group, but is always looking out for her Lumas, doing things like telling them bedtime stories and such. If anyone dares to attack her Lumas outside of battle, or use them as a sports ball, Rosalina will get mad and attack them.

Inkling: The trash talker and competitive, hyperactive kid of the group, Inkling is one to taunt and say different things on how she will win against others on the field of battle. When excited for a fight, she sprays ink around the mansion, but this does get her into trouble with Master Hand, and she always ends up having to clean it all up.

Bowser: The bully of the Smash Bros. Group, he is anything but nice, and will not hesitate to pick on anyone when he feels like it. He likes to hit on Peach, who slaps him on the nose every time, which somehow causes him to cry. He also like throwing Bomb-ombs at Mario given the chance, and mostly gets owned after he bullies someone. He also beats up those who pick on his son, Bowser Jr.

Ganondorf: The king of evil, Ganondorf is cruel and malicious, though to his chagrin, the others are not afraid of him. Ganondorf does not like to be questioned, and will attack those who do so. He is very mean, and is usually seen practicing some dark religion. He also usually goes after Sonic after he calls him "Ganondork".

Bowser Jr.: The spoiled kid of the Smash Bros. Group, he is used to getting his way. He enjoys pulling pranks on others just for the fun of it, especially the Mario Brothers and Yoshi. He sometimes spends time with his father, Bowser, who will spoil him and defend him from others who dare try to pick on him. He enjoys doing bad over doing good.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Yeah, I always try to make sure that it's positive
Your posts always are. :grin: And you have the benefit of having your character already in the game, and won't have to face the same crash and burn a lot of us will.

*gulps*

LetterO

Smash Lord
We're nearing the base roster soon. but there's four characters that have been really on my mind for DLC. Thoughts on these 4?

Springman

Rex & Pyra

Crash Bandicoot

Doomguy

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
We're nearing the base roster soon. but there's four characters that have been really on my mind for DLC. Thoughts on these 4?

Springman

Rex & Pyra

Crash Bandicoot

Doomguy
The rest are fine, but Doomguy's on my top ten.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Springman: One of my most wanted, I love that goofy guy and he feels like he can be interesting.

Rex & Pyra: Cool, XC2 deserved it and I'm curious about how they'll fight.

Crash Bandicoot, Doomguy: I have zero interest in them, so their reveal trailers need to do a good job at selling them.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord

Springman

Rex & Pyra

Crash Bandicoot

Doomguy
Never played Arms, but Springman seems like he’d be a cool character.

I’d love Doomguy, and think he’s possible with Nintendo’s good relationship with Bethesda.

Crash I can’t see happening tbh

And then just add Elma and never speak of Rex and Pyra again

Noipoi

Howdy!

Springman

Rex & Pyra

Crash Bandicoot

Doomguy
Springman-meh

Rex & Pyra-meh

Crash-WOAH

Doomguy-meh

I'm sure to others this is the stuff of dreams, but I really don't care about most of these guys.

Noipoi

Howdy!
No don't worry about me. My mood may be tied to Yoshi, but there's no issues beyond that
I can't imagine having my mood tied to a fictional character, but if it works for you I suppose it's fine.

As long as you're alright :).

Last edited:

portalmasterJ11

Smash Cadet
I'd love Rex and Pyra

Springman deserves it

Crash is a maybe

Doomguy would make sense since bethesda said they've talked with Nintendo about smash

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

Springman

Rex & Pyra

Crash Bandicoot

Doomguy
Springman - alright

Rex & Pyra - would've prefered Elma, but alright

Crash Bandicoot - probably my most wanted 3rd party

Doomguy - interesting

lizard1929

Smash Journeyman

Springman

Rex & Pyra

Crash Bandicoot

Doomguy
Springman is from a young series and isn't a very good character as he comes off as a bland, average character in his own game. I'm open to a Arm's stage or another character from. An Arms character would feel like a wtf character due to how new and different they are. want: 20% chance: 20%

Rex/Pyra, slightly biased fan of Xenoblade here, they would rather unique depending on how they use the blade mechanic. If there the mechanic is not used my interest drops drastically considering there are better characters in XC2 (Rex has a boring personality) and they would play similarly to shulk. want: 50% chance 50%

Crash Bandicoot is a excellent pick to rep sony even though he is owned by Activision and feels like a megaman/Mario platformer level character. Negative is that he hasn't had any new games other than a recent trilogy. want: 60% chance: 30%

Doomguy is iconic and a well supported franchise to this day. His violence and rival Masterchief are the main points of contention other than the fact that Sakurai may not even know who he is. want: 70% chance: 40%

CrunchyCHEEZIT

Smash Journeyman
Here are more of those "headcanons" of mine.

Link: This guy has literally no sense of humor. He is all too serious. He rarely laughs at jokes and can easily declare some jokes as bad humor, even when they are not. Still, Link is a friendly, brave soul with a fierce fighting spirit, and has a good sense of right and wrong. He will also break up arguments from time to time.

Kirby: Unlike in Right Back At Ya, Kirby can actually speak. Kirby is fun loving and has a good nature, and is a bit childish and can get into trouble uninteltionally in some way. Still, he is good at interacting with others and likes being called cute. However, he gets angry when others try to take his food from him. Before Smash Bros 4, Kirby kept sneaking into the kitchen to eat food, sometimes getting caught. Now, Kirby is constantly fighting another hungry Smasher, Pac-Man, over the food.

Pikachu: Adorable in every way, Pikachu loves spending time outdoors, and he loves certain kinds of food. He is cuddly and usually happy, and he likes being around the female Smashers. However, those who make Pikachu mad are in for the shock of a lifetime! Out of all Smashers, Pikachu has a bond with Samus, who saved him during the events of the Subspace Emissary in Brawl.

Fox: As a Smasher, Fox kind of acts like a cop, and even loves detective action movies. He has a good sense of law and rules, and is never afraid to fight anyone, whoever the fighter may be. He does get along well with his fellow Smashers, and is good friends with his Star Fox teamate, Falco. Fox is also something of a tough guy.

King Dedede: A big, jolly, yet kinda greedy member of the Smash Bros. Group,, King Dedede always wants others to treat him like a king or of royalty. He can be seen eating or talking to Meta Knight, but most of all, he is usually seen chasing after Kirby and trying to hit him with his hammer. He will pound others with his hammer if they disrespect or insult him.

Ryu: A discliplined warrior, Ryu is only interested in battling others for the sake of improving his own abilities, and usually isolates himself from others. But he is capable of interacting with the others, and even teaches them some lessons about fighting well. He has quite a bit of respect for Little Mac and Lucario.

Cloud: A nice guy of the Smash Bros group, but with issues. He can lash out at others or even attack them if they pick on him or insult his past. He does not like talking about his nemesis, Sephrioth, but he can care for others when he wants to, and is normally not a bad sport when he loses unless he suspects someone cheated against him.

Bayonetta: The magical witch of the group, who is quite playful and teasing (in a not so harmful way) towards others. She is usually seen in the library looking up books, especially books that have to do with magic. She loves to taunt and scare Pit and Dark Pit, who usually try to avoid her and even panic when she gets too close to them.

Rosalina and Luma: The mother-children members of the group, Rosalina is very nice to others in the Smash Bros. Group, but is always looking out for her Lumas, doing things like telling them bedtime stories and such. If anyone dares to attack her Lumas outside of battle, or use them as a sports ball, Rosalina will get mad and attack them.

Inkling: The trash talker and competitive, hyperactive kid of the group, Inkling is one to taunt and say different things on how she will win against others on the field of battle. When excited for a fight, she sprays ink around the mansion, but this does get her into trouble with Master Hand, and she always ends up having to clean it all up.

Bowser: The bully of the Smash Bros. Group, he is anything but nice, and will not hesitate to pick on anyone when he feels like it. He likes to hit on Peach, who slaps him on the nose every time, which somehow causes him to cry. He also like throwing Bomb-ombs at Mario given the chance, and mostly gets owned after he bullies someone. He also beats up those who pick on his son, Bowser Jr.

Ganondorf: The king of evil, Ganondorf is cruel and malicious, though to his chagrin, the others are not afraid of him. Ganondorf does not like to be questioned, and will attack those who do so. He is very mean, and is usually seen practicing some dark religion. He also usually goes after Sonic after he calls him "Ganondork".

Bowser Jr.: The spoiled kid of the Smash Bros. Group, he is used to getting his way. He enjoys pulling pranks on others just for the fun of it, especially the Mario Brothers and Yoshi. He sometimes spends time with his father, Bowser, who will spoil him and defend him from others who dare try to pick on him. He enjoys doing bad over doing good.
Oooh, I like stuff like this. I'll do my two other mains besides Pac-man.

Dr. Mario: Contrary to popular belief, the Doc isn't just Mario working another job; he's an alternate incarnation of the man altogether, effectively a different person. Unlike his plumbing counterpart, Dr. Mario doesnt have much of an ego to keep himself afloat. He keeps the scope of his life small, and he's far more serious and meticulous about everything, but he still retains Mario's good heart. Doc enjoys puzzle and strategy games (which benefit him in his line of work) and he approaches his problems with a slow, steady and pragmatic mindset - which ultimately ends up being more decisive and effective than his counterparts reckless, optimistic approach to life... but some wish Doc wasn't so slow to make these big decisions.

Mr. Game and Watch - Game and Watch is, above all else, a workaholic. No one understands a thing he does or says, but it's clear that he simply cannot stand still for more than five seconds without going insane. He's always running around with a new object in his hands, slipping through the cracks to tend to some issue or complete a job around the mansion. Oddly enough, he is one of oldest members of the gang, and a lot of what he does ultimately sets the ground for someone else to build upon... but because he's always on the move and is so difficult to understand, no one can stop Game and Watch and give him the respect he deserves.

osby

Smash Obsessed
By the way, only hype thing about Doomguy (for me), is that we'll have a more ridiculous match-up than :ultisabelle: vs :ultridley:

LetterO

Smash Lord
I’ll go into possible supporting factors for Crash and Doomguy. There’s no predicting Sakurai, though.

Crash
-Activision is no stranger to having Crash as a guest star (Skylanders)
-Nintendo has let their characters into Skylanders. A good time to return the favor.
-A major influential gaming icon

Doomguy
-Bethesda has talked about Smash with Nintendo before
-Another influential gaming icon. Basically the farther of the FPS genre if I recall correctly
-Bethesda has been one of the Switch’s best 3rd party supporters, especially with Doom. Doom Eternal in particular is coming on Switch on the same day as other consoles.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Doomguy with a Blazkowicz echo?
View attachment 170686
This would be pretty dope. Since they’re both Bethesda maybe it could work

By the way, only hype thing about Doomguy (for me), is that we'll have a more ridiculous match-up than :ultisabelle: vs :ultridley:
Just imagine, in his reveal trailer instead of demons the Doomguy is taking on an infinite number of Isabelles

Last edited:

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
Honestly it'd be a TAD baffling to me if we didn't get ARMS representation in Smash.

SAMation

Smash Journeyman
So which characters still havent gotten a blog post yet? Unrelated but curious, trying to predict which character will be the last straggler of the roster to get a post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom