• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Persona games are rpgs, but at they’re core these days they play pretty differently from SMT. They’re more focused on social aspects obviously and aren’t as ‘rpg-y’ as smt for lack of a better term.
And if no one gives a rat’s ***, then why did you care enough to respond hardy har har yes that is the best I could come up with.
Honestly I would say the Raidou games, Devil Survivor games, and the Jack Frost/Pyro Jack buddy metroidvania have just as much different from the normal series as Persona tends to, perhaps even more so for the earlier Persona entries.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
persona is a spinoff like how yoshi and wario are spinoffs

i dont have a point here but its true

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Mario helps cross promote the Super Mario Brothers series. People who play Mario will be more interested in Smash because Mario is in it, and people who play Smash will be more interested in Mario because he's in it.

I started playing Smash Brothers because of Pokemon, and that helped me get into other franchises like LoZ, Star Fox, Metroid and Kid Icarus later down the line.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
Mario helps cross promote the Super Mario Brothers series. People who play Mario will be more interested in Smash because Mario is in it, and people who play Smash will be more interested in Mario because he's in it.

I started playing Smash Brothers because of Pokemon, and that helped me get into other franchises like LoZ, Star Fox, Metroid and Kid Icarus later down the line.
and this is why we need a rhythm heaven character in smash

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Yup, even he is an ad...

People will recognize him, and thus will be more intrigued in Smash.
And when they actually play Smash, they will be introduced to a ton of other franchises...

It's actually kinda genius

It's how I got introduced to some of my all time favorite franchises like Pokemon, Mega Man, and Zelda

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
You know, after looking at parrying, I want to see an Incineroar player perfect this. Imagine how ****ing terrifying a grappler is who can consistently parry **** would be. Especially when said grappler has the strongest back throw and scenarios where they get a Revenge boost
or just down smash like everyone else because it's literally the perfect, unstoppable kill move

D

Deleted member

Yup, even he is an ad...

And when they actually play Smash, they will be introduced to a ton of other franchises...

Smash is the only reason I actually tried other Nintendo franchises as a kid. I was too obsessed with Mario and Sonic as a young lad to pay attention to anything else, but thanks to Smash, I played Zelda, Pikmin, Kirby, Metroid, and many other Nintendo franchises and have come to love them.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Which Erdrick are we even talking?
This one?

Or this one?

EDIT: Aaaaaand the images are broken...

Last edited:

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
You know, after looking at parrying, I want to see an Incineroar player perfect this. Imagine how ****ing terrifying a grappler is who can consistently parry **** would be. Especially when said grappler has the strongest back throw and scenarios where they get a Revenge boost
Yeah Incineroar is probably going to be better later in the meta. Right now he's still a good counterpick character, and he surprisingly doesn't have that bad of a time against faster characters. It seems like his main problem is that he can't do too much about his opponent camping

Flyboy

Smash Hero
View attachment 183450

Hell yeah that’d be hype!
As a Joker fan I'm hoping it's legit too. All the DQ fans on here seem really cool and nice and I'm a sucker for NES icons so I want that neon hero for the retro cred. Also the rumors including female Erdrick and maybe even Eight as alt costumes sound really neato. And Slimes are cute.

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
If we were talking Smash 64 I'd agree but this is Smash 5! What are you talking about?
Yup, even he is an ad...

It's how I got introduced to some of my all time favorite franchises like Pokemon, Mega Man, and Zelda
XD What have I done to you?..
Well, anyways..
So you were introduced to Mega Man though Smash. That's neat. So, have you considered playing any of his games? 11, collection 1, collection 2..

Bionichute

Smash Champion
If we were talking Smash 64 I'd agree but this is Smash 5! What are you talking about?
the minimal mario odyssey references were added in order to remind people that mario odyssey exists, and potentially coax people who have yet to buy the game into getting it. the same goes for link and his botw redesign

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
So you were introduced to Mega Man though Smash. That's neat. So, have you considered playing any of his games? 11, collection 1, collection 2..
I played through both of the Legacy collections...

As for my favorite, it's Mega Man 9. Enough new ideas, yet still feels true to the ideas and philosophies set by Mega Man 1, 2 and 3. Something I feel the other games seem to lack...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So, which Smash game was that, then? :)
It was actually all of the Smash games!

Melee was what got me into Zelda by getting me to try OoT. Brawl is what got me into Pikmin (Pikmin 2 was my first, and somehow still my only completed Pikmin), Kirby (First was Squeak Squad), and Metroid (Super was my first).

I was already a fan of Animal Crossing (as I've been playing that series since I was really little), so I was familiar with all of the AC stuff in Smash 4. Smash 4 did get me to try Earthbound, though.

I tried FE on a whim back when Awakening came out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
the minimal mario odyssey references were added in order to remind people that mario odyssey exists, and potentially coax people who have yet to buy the game into getting it. the same goes for link and his botw redesign
Honestly it took until Smash for me to want to try BOTW for myself. The Crafted alt for Yoshi continually reminds me that a Yoshi game I want is on the horizon. People who don't think Smash is full of ads (if you want to be cynical about it) is lying to themselves.

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace

Honestly, I see that as shilling.

And despite of this, society still doesn't give a damn about EarthBound nor Pikmin.

Also, I'm beginning to think that SSB is starting to lose it's luster.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Honestly it took until Smash for me to want to try BOTW for myself. The Crafted alt for Yoshi continually reminds me that a Yoshi game I want is on the horizon. People who don't think Smash is full of ads (if you want to be cynical about it) is lying to themselves.
Yeah, that’s true.

I’m normally not a platformer player, but the Wooly World BGM got me to get that game. That and the crocheted amiibo.

I guess that’s another reason we all want to see our favorites in Smash. It’s a much more subdued way to try to tell everyone why our favorite is literally the best game ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom