• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Since we're talking about Banjo, I'll just say that I'd lose no sleep if Banjo never makes it into Smash. Never had a desire to play it and Banjo as a character means nothing to me.

My own controversial opinion, I suppose.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I feel like Banjo and Kazooie talk enough in their series and on top of Sakurai wanting to represent third-parties best he can, I think it’s safe to say they’ll use their classic voices one way or another.
I’m pretty sure the same guy did the voices in Nuts and Bolts. It wouldn’t be a sin to use clips from there would it. I don’t know if it has what we’d need, but the clips wouldn’t sound as.... compressed.

Since we're talking about Banjo, I'll just say that I'd lose no sleep if Banjo never makes it into Smash. Never had a desire to play it and Banjo as a character means nothing to me.

My own controversial opinion, I suppose.
You have your opinions. I have mine.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I was digging through my posts to see if I'd linked the 2chan posts and found this gem. It doesn't really have anything to do with Smash Ultimate, and is tangential at best, but I figured some of you guys might get a kick out of it.

This is the only DK voice I'll ever consider canon.

I knew exactly what I was getting there.

And I'm not disappointed.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
My current Play% in Ranks:

1. :ultsimon:
2. :ultdarkpit:
3. :ultridley:
4. :ultlittlemac:
5. :ultken:

Okay but how the **** did I end up playing so much Dark Pit?

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Resisting...

urge...

to...

say...

What does the Bandicoot say?

:yoshi:

How much of a problem do you think Jess Harnell would be for Crash in Smash. He’s such a big name I’m almost certain he’s union. You think he’d go for it?
Not entirely sure to be honest.

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
There was a problem fetching the tweet

I found my boy and I am very pleased. The whole fight takes place on the jet ski portion of Wuhu Island and you fight on top of the race-starting arch. I wish there was a way to choose what part of that map to stay on and fight on outside of Spirits battles because it has tons of awesome parts but I rarely feel like dealing with a traveling stage. The bridge, the cliff, and now this...all very cool and fun to play.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
How much of a problem do you think Jess Harnell would be for Crash in Smash. He’s such a big name I’m almost certain he’s union. You think he’d go for it?
>not getting Oney to officially redub Crash
you don't believe in talent???

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
There was a problem fetching the tweet

I found my boy and I am very pleased. The whole fight takes place on the jet ski portion of Wuhu Island and you fight on top of the race-starting arch. I wish there was a way to choose what part of that map to stay on and fight on outside of Spirits battles because it has tons of awesome parts but I rarely feel like dealing with a traveling stage. The bridge, the cliff, and now this...all very cool and fun to play.
This song should’ve been in the game:

Could you imagine this being played on Wuhu Island?

Noipoi

Howdy!
I really hope Crash is dlc. I played some Crash games at my best friend's place when we were kids and I really like the character. He's a bit nostalgic for me.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
If you think they’ll use the N&B clips in case of the N64 clips sounding dated and compressed, that actually won’t be the case.

Sonic and SEGA All Stars has their archived N64 voices in HQ.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I want the Crash trailer just to focus on mascot Crash.

"Hey plumber boy, I'm finally here!"
They brought back the costume for the The Game Awards, no reason for them to not do it in Smash.
*TRAILER START*

Open on a shot of the Nintendo of America Headquarters, Redmond, WA. A man in a Crash Bandicoot costume walks into the frame and holds a megaphone to his face

Mascot Crash: "Hey plumber boy! I got the invitation you sent me! It's finally time to show you who's boss!

Transition to Smash Bros. Crash is standing in the middle of New Donk City, Mario walks up to him, points his thumb up, and then blasts Crash with a fireball

Crash: "WOAH"

Fade to white
Smash Ultimate logo over the screen

*TRAILER END*

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
This song should’ve been in the game:

Could you imagine this being played on Wuhu Island?
Listen they're just saving it for the upcoming Dolphin Park DLC that comes packed in with uhhh Ricky Winterborn it's fine
I want it so bad man I love the Wave Race series it started off as a goof but then I replayed Blue Storm and it's honestly SO good

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
If you think they’ll use the N&B clips in case of the N64 clips sounding dated and compressed, that actually won’t be the case.

Sonic and SEGA All Stars has their archived N64 voices in HQ quality.
That is pristine. This is definitely what they should use. They sound so much more.... guttural.

What design do you think they should use. I mean. Just imagine the classic model upgraded to HD and you can see why they changed art styles to begin with. Worked great on N64 and even the HD remaster. But any higher quality graphics and it would start to look uncanny.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
What design do you think they should use. I mean. Just imagine the classic model upgraded to HD and you can see why they changed art styles to begin with. Worked great on N64 and even the HD remaster. But any higher quality graphics and it would start to look uncanny.
They’d probably start looking more like the official art from the first two games, I think that in HD would look fine.

EE9C014F-CFC1-44E1-ACDA-305B4D62E6F8.png

Also I really despise the Nut and Bolts design of them to be honest.

Last edited:

Bionichute

Smash Champion
no clue, but his political ideals shouldn't be a reason why he shouldn't be a voice actor if he has the capable skills of doing the job
yeah and racist people shouldn't have jobs

That is pristine. This is definitely what they should use. They sound so much more.... guttural.

i just want to note that, while you were talking about them not being able to use the old ones, the klaptraps in ultimate make the exact same hurt noise they did in the first dkc game but in high quality

they know what they're doing but i will never forgive the AUGH not being in the game

D

Deleted member

Alright.

The Pauline spirit fight is actually just not good. It's a seriously ****ing ****ty fight.

I'm legitimately surprised this passed through QA testing.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Alright.

The Pauline spirit fight is actually just not good. It's a seriously ****ing ****ty fight.

On one hand it's REALLY funny.

On the other hand you better pray Peach SDs because you are not catching her in time even if you KO Mario and DK.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Third times the charm. Say it with me. Nice one Square. Why does this Steve Burton guy get a special contract. I’ve never even heard of him before.
Square-Enix really did nothing wrong here, all of their works are Union and they have never had an issue with voice actors being unable to reprise their roles other then simply not being available or being too expensive in some cases..it just happens to not work out in this singular case.
Its also not a special contract, its just the way he or Square-Enix (more likely then not him) wanted it to be.
Steve Burton isn't really a prolific voice actor, he starred in some popular soap opera before being brought in to voice Cloud in Kingdom Hearts and he ended up sticking around for all following projects as the voice of Cloud (unlike Mandy Moore, who was the original voice of Aerith in the first Kingdom Hearts, but she was a big star so of course she got recast in later games). Honestly, most of the Final Fantasy voice actors were due to Disney putting stars in the roles of even Final Fantasy characters, mostly from their own projects (such as Kim Possible's voice actress being the voice of Yuffie Kisaragi in Kingdom Hearts I & II and even sticking around for Advent Children..but not Dirge of Cerberus).

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Alright.

I'm so glad I finished WoL. I did my best to just skip to the end and my run was only about half the time most other people's were. Still 15 hours but it's over now and I got the menu music

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
1. :ultkrool: (37.16%)
2. :ultganondorf: (11.50%)
3. :ultcloud: (5.3%)
4. :ultridley: (5.3%)
5. :ultmetaknight: (2.65%)

Strangely enough this is the first time I'm trying to like, play seriously as Meta Knight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom