• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Man I have classes all day December 7th. Whatever people can use that time to find out where Shulk is in WoL and then I can beeline there when I get the game :p

potato69

Smash Apprentice
Spoiler alert: when you first start the game, R.O.B. shows up to your house and crushes your head in his cold, metal grip. You heard it here first, folks.

D

Deleted member

Dang, this thread really fell off. I guess most are just waiting for the game to come out at this point. Can't say I blame them, as discussion on characters has pretty much come to a screeching halt and that's what most come here for.

On the topic of SSE, I loved it. It felt like a Kirby game, but with a huge roster of playable Nintendo characters alongside Kirby. It was awesome.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I think that amiibo unlock thing must've just been a rumor, because I feel as if that'd be something Sakurai would have went over in the direct.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I wonder if we will get Echoes for like free updates or something... that would be really cool to see
I doubt they'd be free. They'd probably be 2 or 3 bucks cheaper than most other characters though.

I think that amiibo unlock thing must've just been a rumor, because I feel as if that'd be something Sakurai would have went over in the direct.
That would suck. How am I supposed to Solo WoL with my main? I can't go back to Mario like some heathen.

Last edited:

TriStarGamer

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0774-4620-2306
Switch FC
5415-2743-8314
Hiya all!

i haven’t been able to talk much since last week, busy with lots of things.

i’ll be going to London for a week starting tomorrow morning! First time going there so im super excited to experience a new country :)

Of course, it’s goes without saying

THREE WEEKS UNTIL SMASH ULTIMATE AND AHHHH I CAN’T WAIT!!

I will keep tabs on you hooligans, but just so excited for all these great new things coming soon :)

Have a wonderful night everyone!!

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Hiya all!

i’ll be going to London for a week starting tomorrow morning! First time going there so im super excited to experience a new country :)

I will keep tabs on you hooligans, but just so excited for all these great new things coming soon :)

Have fun in London :yoshi:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Hiya all!

Have fun my friend!!

D

Deleted member

While I'm bummed I can't beeline to Inklings right away, I'm happy that there's lots to unlock in this game. It's fun to stumble across the unlocks and not know who you're gonna get. Makes each unlock feel rewarding and exciting IMO.

It also helps that the method of unlocking characters looks hecka fun. This game's single player looks leagues better than Wii U's IMO, so I'm expecting to have a pretty great time unlocking everything, personally.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
So, since Reggie said that we’ll be able to unlock just some of the characters in WoL, which characters do you all think will or will not be unlocked through that mode?
:ultpit: and everyone else who showed up in the trailer...but mostly :ultpit:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
While I'm bummed I can't beeline to Inklings right away, I'm happy that there's lots to unlock in this game. It's fun to stumble across the unlocks and not know who you're gonna get. Makes each unlock feel rewarding and exciting IMO.

It also helps that the method of unlocking characters looks hecka fun. This game's single player looks leagues better than Wii U's IMO, so I'm expecting to have a pretty great time unlocking everything, personally.
The rumor hasn't been debunked yet. There's still a chance it could be true. We'll likely find out by the time this game comes out or at some chance revealed in the Nintendo Direct or VGA.

LetterO

Smash Lord
One week from now we all get to officialy say we have a fortnight until Smash Ultimate.

This is when Jonesy gets announced.

D

Deleted member

The rumor hasn't been debunked yet. There's still a chance it could be true. We'll likely find out by the time this game comes out or at some chance revealed in the Nintendo Direct or VGA.
Umm...I'm confused. I don't think I mentioned any rumors in that post...

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Hiya all!

You have a wonderful night too! :)

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Hiya all!

Be safe!

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Im pretty sure they would have mentioned something as minor as using amiibo to unlock characters in the last smash direct.
Suppose you're right.

Not that it matters anyways still gonna have fun with this game when I get it and a Switch which won't be for a while. I guess more the reason for me to be excited to when I finally get to play Ridley and King K. Rool.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom